2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

22 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

i am a pretty mild mannered, even tempered guy, but I was one of those 100,000 who was following procedures, exercising my right to vote, and then it got thrown out, i would lose my shit.

LOSE MY SHIT! 

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 2

Anybody in/close to Fort Worth heard anything about this?

Texas Trumpkins showed out yesterday.

[/url]

BROWN.
SHIRTS.

BROWN.
SHIRTS.

This is the play. It’s the exact same one run in Germany in the 1930s. Trump and his supporters are an existential threat to the country. I pray that ballots can solve it. I really do. But I’m also rather confident that bullets will be involved at some point as well. Brown Shirts dont respect the people, or votes, or the rule of law.

This election is just one battle - an important one - in a much bigger struggle. It will continue to be ugly. The Brown Shirts are emboldened. They are protected by fascists in law enforcement and positions of power. Buckle up for a long fight. And don’t fucking quit.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Where is GRHOrn or workswithseed to tell us what's happening in Nawf Carolina, Ft. Worth, and Miami by trump folks and radical republicans is okay? 

Don't worry, once the next news cycle starts, they'll be back with something brand new and salacious about Biden that is headed in the direction of possibly mattering.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Wasn't there a discussion on here about having your children with you when (peaceful) protesting (during the BLM daytime marches) and there was a Surly member who thought it was a bad idea? Did that include marching to vote, because right now it seems safer to take American children to a murder hornet nest collection site.

You're thinking of @Axiom of Choice chiding @Brisketexan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Sorry to hear that, man. If I'm remembering you correctly, we went to junior high together. If you need someone other than family to talk to, feel free to reach out.

I appreciate it my man. Unfortunately they have been born and raised in the echo chamber of the Texas Hill country and think any sliver of humanity is against their rights. I hope Biden wins this fit the sole reason of getting trump out, and even if the Republicans take the four years after that it's someone who's not a complete fucking lunatic. That's like, the best case scenario or else the in laws may have to watch their grandkids grow up from a different country, which for us isn't a hollow threat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, immamac said:

Give this man HUD 

Why give Pete HUD?  Of all of his policy points I agreed with him during the debates, I can think of any that dealt with low income housing or urban housing. 

My preferences would be:

1. Secretary of Defense: The dude has a background in military and management consulting.  One of his main pushes during the campaign was working on way to extract ourselves from perpetual war. I would love to see what he could do about streamlining the military and preparing for a post-war defense. And sure, having an openly gay man as the civilian head of the military would send a signal that we aren't going to give credence to gay stereotypes.  

2. Secretary of State: He doesn't really have the experience for this one, but I thought his statements on the nature of our competition with China were good.  Something about how focusing on who sells more washing machines was completely outdated. And, diplomacy will be part of ending perpetual war. 

3. ...Energy maybe.  He did talk a lot about engaging rural America and environmental solutions.  I'm not nearly as excited about that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

if i saw that 'man' at my polling place i would point at him and laugh and laugh 🤣

Yeah I’m not sure what the problem is there. If he is not holding signs that show party affiliation inside the forbidden zone who cares? You think anyone is out there thinking I was going to vote but that guy looks scary so I’m going home?

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

BROWN.
SHIRTS.

BROWN.
SHIRTS.

This is the play. It’s the exact same one run in Germany in the 1930s. Trump and his supporters are an existential threat to the country. I pray that ballots can solve it. I really do. But I’m also rather confident that bullets will be involved at some point as well. Brown Shirts dont respect the people, or votes, or the rule of law.

This election is just one battle - an important one - in a much bigger struggle. It will continue to be ugly. The Brown Shirts are emboldened. They are protected by fascists in law enforcement and positions of power. Buckle up for a long fight. And don’t fucking quit.

Not to be a broken record but look-  I don’t want a civil war and I don’t want social unrest. I’m an institutionalist who believes in boring technocracy. I abhor violence, I was raised vegetarian, and I don’t even hunt.

I’m buying green tips right now when I see them. Not because I’m a paranoid or a prepper, but for the same reason everyone I know in Pasadena has a box in their garage with rice, beans, drinking water and batteries: I think there’s a strong possibility I’ll need them. I pray I don’t, but I fear we are entering a dangerous new phase of our history. The burn it down guys won. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Tougher in Texas -  now that it's a battleground state. Too much open carry and brandishing going on there. Chasing a candidate's bus? That's regressive. And the economy must inflate or die.

The Ted Cruz Republicans don't like playing losing hands. It costs them money. 

Texas should be independent of one political Party. It wasn't so long ago that it was. I still blame Phil Graham - aggy turncoat who went D to R.  

Rule 1: Don't trust aggy wisdom.

36 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Not to be a broken record but look-  I don’t want a civil war and I don’t want social unrest. I’m an institutionalist who believes in boring technocracy. I abhor violence, I was raised vegetarian, and I don’t even hunt.

I’m buying green tips right now when I see them. Not because I’m a paranoid or a prepper, but for the same reason everyone I know in Pasadena has a box in their garage with rice, beans, drinking water and batteries: I think there’s a strong possibility I’ll need them. I pray I don’t, but I fear we are entering a dangerous new phase of our history. The burn it down guys won. 

Fucking insane we're talking bout civil war. Fuck him. Fuck the enablers. That's all.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fucking insane we're talking bout civil war. Fuck him. Fuck the enablers. That's all.

These. Absolutely understand I don’t want any of this. I never did. I share Bozo’s view of things in so many respects. The fact that we’re even having these conversations means we’ve already lost so much. Thus my despair, and ledge and all that. A “win” still results in an awful state of affairs.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Strong polls for Biden. Greater than 50% and more than the standard margin of error.

for the positive for trump: I find it slightly hard to believe that 4-5% of likely voters are really undecided at this point especially when so many people have already voted. If someone is unwilling to state their preference 3 days out, I could see that being a trump vote but the person doesn’t want to state it out loud.

I admit that Az is closer than I expected, as I thought McSally would pull trump down more. 

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

i really wish sarah davis would move to kingwood.  it's too bad that i want one of the few non-nutso republicans in the texas house out of office so much, but she's going to vote with the empower texas (in whatever new form it takes, it ain't fucking gone) faction on redistricting and that's the biggest issue facing the legislature next session.

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I have no idea who she is but I saw someone on Twitter refer to her as “Susan Collins in a cowboy hat” lol.

she has a little more cover than susan collins does to be independent as the texas house isn't quite so narrowly balanced.  she's reps maybe the most educated house district in texas (also one of the wealthiest), including the texas med center and where a lot of the docs and hospital directors live in west U and bellaire).   so on some headliner issues she can vote her constituency.  but she isn't the deciding vote ever.