2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

39 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I have a few Trump lovin' friends on social media, and they are the vocal ones denouncing Fauci, defending Trump's run up of the Federal debt, single-issue (abortion) voters, etc.

The rest have thrown in a few pro-Biden posts here and there.

We are generally not vocal, but we know Trump is an idiot, and we don't tolerate idiots.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I can't find the thread about family getting the covid. I have successfully avoided it until today. I could have posted a week ago but I was still clinging to the hope he'd get out.

They called to ask permission to put him on the ventilator early this morning. My mom's little brother might be gone soon. He is near Canton. He stubbornly refused to wear a mask, kept going to garage sales, and generally did whatever he wanted. 

I don't want to go to a funeral. He's not all that old, but that's immaterial. Covid doesn't give any fucks. 

All for a stupid fucking piece of cloth getting politicized by the Dotard.

So damn stupid. 

Damn, hope he pulls through. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I can't find the thread about family getting the covid. I have successfully avoided it until today. I could have posted a week ago but I was still clinging to the hope he'd get out.

They called to ask permission to put him on the ventilator early this morning. My mom's little brother might be gone soon. He is near Canton. He stubbornly refused to wear a mask, kept going to garage sales, and generally did whatever he wanted. 

I don't want to go to a funeral. He's not all that old, but that's immaterial. Covid doesn't give any fucks. 

All for a stupid fucking piece of cloth getting politicized by the Dotard.

So damn stupid. 

Damn.  I'm sorry Cactus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, BNB said:

Just talking with my friend in NY,

"People throw rocks at you while driving if they see trump bumper sticker "

It will be a close election, but don't be surprised if Trump wins, Your constant attacks on conservatism as racist, etc. has made us silent, except for our vote.

sarcastic samantha bee GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

In better shape than Hillary was at this point.

It really is significant news because it should give you an idea of Biden’s floor. I’ve always considered Nevada to be the Clinton state that’s most likely to flip. With Nevada solid blue, that means Bidens floor is probably around 233 electoral votes which is all the Clinton states + Nebraska 02. Trump isn’t winning Omaha this year.

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

I will do my best to forget my Pokes shooting their dick off in spectacular fashion last night and wear my sole Longhorn shirt Wednesday if Biden wins this thing...I want Trump to feel like he turned it over 4 times, roughed the punter on 4th-22, and gave up a 100yd kickoff return.  

Why the hostility?  Texas didn’t have much to do with osu losing, we just happened to be the beneficiary of your shitty play. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why the hostility?  Texas didn’t have much to do with osu losing, we just happened to be the beneficiary of your shitty play. 

Hostility?  Towards Trump yeah.  I have zero ill will with the horns taking advantage of their opponent completely taking a dump in that game...I’m married to a double horn and hcvs a longhorn shirt because I root y’all on when playing literally anyone else.  I want Trump to know what it feels like to have hopes dashed because his opponent takes advantage of your terrible performance.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, G650 said:

Our final pickup for Joe Biden, sitting at number ten, is Texas (Tilt D). Yes, Texas. Yours truly has had a hard time in the last two weeks deciding on a winner in Texas. But down ballot polling in suburban districts show Joe Biden drastically improving upon Beto O’Rourke’s performance in the 2018 US Senate race in suburban battlegrounds. The polling average remains close enough that if a 2016 or 2018-level error in the state occurred, Biden would be the victor. Texas may be becoming an increasingly hard state to poll for two reasons: its growing Hispanic population is tough to poll, and the state’s total population grows by about a thousand every day. Given the swing district polling we have seen, which shows a much darker picture for President Trump than the statewide polling, we are inclined to believe that Joe Biden will win the Lone Star State. It would not surprise us if Trump won it, especially if he can shore up enough support in the rural areas. However, we can guarantee that this will be a state to watch over the coming weeks as the votes roll in.

Quoted the Texas portion. I'm curious what district polls he's seeing as the only publicly-available ones are partisan (and they are few and far between).

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BNB said:

I liked this analogy I heard the other day...  People lie to their Accountants, Doctors, Priests.  Someone calling you asking how you are going to vote?

Trump 2020! Trump 2024! Trump 2028!

People don't look at you like you're an idiot because they think you're racist, they look at you like an idiot because you're really dumb. 

Interpersonal relationships are different than an anonymous pollster. And people lie to their accountants, priests, and doctors for personal gain. There is no personal gain from lying to a pollster.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Quoted the Texas portion. I'm curious what district polls he's seeing as the only publicly-available ones are partisan (and they are few and far between).

I don't know honestly. He has very good relationships here in Virginia, the best probably, but no idea what he sees in Texas.

7 minutes ago, BNB said:

I liked this analogy I heard the other day...  People lie to their Accountants, Doctors, Priests.  Someone calling you asking how you are going to vote?

Trump 2020! Trump 2024! Trump 2028!

Again, this makes zero sense.  Of course people lie to their accountants, their doctors, their priests.  They are ashamed of their behavior and they don't want the confrontation.  Where is the downside in telling the truth to a pollster?

I know, you're a troll.  I'd like to point this out, though:  if there is a "shy" wave of Trump supporters about to break, it will be completely natural, driven by human nature, not some sort of organized campaign.  There is no way in hell any type of directed approach could be kept hidden.  So, we must conclude that these people are naturally demure and unwilling to reveal their true colors.  I ask the jury:  when in the blue hell have you ever encountered a "demure" Trump supporter?

• Haha 1

Let's see:

1.  Anecdotal evidence that people in NY are throwing rocks (probably left behind by ANTIFA!) at people with Trump bumper stickers on their cars. 

2. Verified instance of someone who left behind a manifesto echoing Trump's words driving from Allen to El Paso and gunning down a couple dozen people. 

Who is being oppressed? 

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Trump has scooped up two percentage points very recently while Biden is flat.

How is that not the majority of undecideds breaking for Trump? Weird argument you're making.

There is a difference between "the majority of undecideds are simply ashamed Trump voters" and the "among undecided voters, those that have so far decided are switching to Trump more than Biden". You can certainly make an assumption that those which have broken towards Trump are representative of all undecided voters, but that is not clear from the data provided, agreed?

4 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

There is a difference between "the majority of undecideds are simply ashamed Trump voters" and the "among undecided voters, those that have so far decided are switching to Trump more than Biden". You can certainly make an assumption that those which have broken towards Trump are representative of all undecided voters, but that is not clear from the data provided, agreed?

That's fair, I suppose. But statistically, it's very likely that most of the remaining 3-4% of undecideds or uncommitteds will go third party. So the proper, amended statement would be "of the undecideds that will go for one of two major parties, the majority are ashamed Trump voters coming home". 

I don't know that it materially changes any of the discussion nor did it warrant The Dog's response, but everyone's good in my book. We just have to go two more days without going Lord of the Flies on each other.

Edited by BradInATX

10 minutes ago, elfenix said:

truck guy  was pretty proud of his handiwork. just a hard working law and order supporting dan crenshaw loving patriot:

So is he being arrested?  Right now?  If not, this fear I have that the cops are not going to back the citizenry over domestic terrorists if dotard loses the election is becoming more founded.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I will do my best to forget my Pokes shooting their dick off in spectacular fashion last night and wear my sole Longhorn shirt Wednesday if Biden wins this thing...I want Trump to feel like he turned it over 4 times, roughed the punter on 4th-22, and gave up a 100yd kickoff return.  

That roughing the punter was a killer. I thought it was a flop watching it live but on replay it was actually the legit call. Just a super bone head move that usually Tom Herman’s team makes. 

How much of a shit show is Tuesday going to be? I don't mean potential violence and all that, but lines and varied m crowds at polling places. I'm guessing we'll get somewhere around 80% of normal turnout. Still i think we're going to hear about long wait times, people being told they're at the wrong polling place, etc. Might deter some voters. Wonder who, if anyone, that favors

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

How much of a shit show is Tuesday going to be? I don't mean potential violence and all that, but lines and varied m crowds at polling places. I'm guessing we'll get somewhere around 80% of normal turnout. Still i think we're going to hear about long wait times, people being told they're at the wrong polling place, etc. Might deter some voters. Wonder who, if anyone, that favors

If ED depression affects anyone, you’d think it would be trump. But his voters may be more hearty and willing to wait a longer time.

27 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Kamala in Texas and joe in Ohio. 

this is the equivalent of swinging 3-0 with the bases loaded and up by 10 in the eighth inning, isn’t it?

makes me think they think they have Texas, as it has polled closer/better than Ohio but joe is headed there anyway. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto