2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

All of the posts of the last 45 minutes have made me way more nervous, not less. AZ and NV were the two critical states in my mind because I still don’t believe the PA calcs.

Yeah, I'm feeling that way too.     And I am more and more worried about NV.   I think AZ holds.    I don't have any confidence in GA and I think the PA votes aren't going to be there.

If I'm wrong, I'll be thrilled.

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

Yeah, I'm feeling that way too.     And I am more and more worried about NV.   I think AZ holds.    I don't have any confidence in GA and I think the PA votes aren't going to be there.

I am more confident in Nevada than Arizona.  What I gathered from the nerds is that the outstanding votes in Nevada favor Biden in the outstanding votes in Arizona favor Trump.

Biden is going to win PA very comfortably.

3 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

CNN just reported that if Biden gets 70% of the remaining 50,000 votes left to count in GA, he would win by 20,000. 

math GIF

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Probably 2000?  70% of 50K would net him 40%, or 20k.  He’s down by the teens right now. 

Calculate Figure It Out GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

CNN just reported that if Biden gets 70% of the remaining 50,000 votes left to count in GA, he would win by 20,000. 

That makes no sense. If Biden gets 70% of the remaining 50k votes, the split of those 50k would be 35k Biden / 15k Trump. So Biden would gain 20k votes from that particular dump. But he’s currently down in the total tally. So he would t “win by” 20k.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

All of the posts of the last 45 minutes have made me way more nervous, not less. AZ and NV were the two critical states in my mind because I still don’t believe the PA calcs.

What evidence leads you to believe outstanding AZ and NV votes will be heavily weighted towards Trump?

20 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Why hasn't Nevada been counted yet? What is everyone waiting on?

18 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Said it before, will say it again. 

Vegas wants as long as possible to take bets. It's all about the money.

lol

Just mark up Nevada to Trump. He made some phone calls, he knows people. It's what the mob does. Once they've cashed in, they'll call it for him.

Edit: Proof? Who needs proof? It is what it is.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

20 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

That isn’t quite true. Biden just needs any two of AZ, GA and NV, or PA by itself.

True. I should have qualified my post with "without any of the other uncalled states".

I think he'll get GA and AZ though. But NV falling off introduces a very tiny amount of risk. Not a whole lot worth worrying about, but still.

I think the PA thing is a nonstarter, and haven't been real concerned about the Supreme Court scenario at all. Notice how none of the establishment Republicans are coming out in favor of the "rigged ballots" theory. The GOP hates Trump, even if they publicly kiss the ring. I guarantee you Justices Barrett and Kavanaugh, whatever you think of them, dislike Trump as well. The GOP and the DC establishment is already in the process of privately abandoning him, even if they continue to support him outwardly. They're not going to overturn the election results, creating an absolute shitstorm, for that man. Washington DC is starting to move on from Trump already, he just doesn't know it yet.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

Bovada odds:

AZ -310

NV -450

GA -200

PA -450

The idea that betting odds have any predictive power cracks me up. According to the odds, Trump was a heavy favorite late Tuesday. Then suddenly Biden was a favorite. So the odds were dead wrong at some point between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, and we still don’t know which “prediction” will prove accurate.  Completely useless.

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

What evidence leads you to believe outstanding AZ and NV votes will be heavily weighted towards Trump?

As I understand it the outstanding Arizona votes do favor Trump at about a 55/60% rate.  Nevada no. It’s owing to the fact that Arizona is more traditionally a vote by mail state So you have normal olds doing it instead of just a bunch of lefties fearing COVID. 

There will be no more votes out today from Allegheny county today. The only remaining ballots there (35,000) need to be “examined”. A big group of of those, potentially as many as 29,000, are from voters that got the wrong ballots. The company in Ohio that printed those ballots assigned the wrong addresses. So you may have had the wrong down ballot races on your ballot. I don’t know what they plan to do with those. The rest are ballots that didn’t have the security envelope or were damaged in the mail. Those won’t be examined until tomorrow for some reason. 

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

As I understand it the outstanding Arizona votes do favor Trump at about a 55/60% rate.  Nevada no. It’s owing to the fact that Arizona is more traditionally a vote by mail state So you have normal olds doing it instead of just a bunch of lefties fearing COVID. 

My understanding is many of the outstanding votes are from congressional districts with Dem representatives no?

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

His voice and the incomprehensible guy at the big board make CNN my second channel. I watch MSNBC. Except for their mentioning too often that they're tired, it's clear and often witty coverage. Michael Steele has been surprisingly good as a commentator, and I'd lay down my life for Nicolle Wallace. 

I too would lay down your life for Nicole Wallace. 

33 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Just imagine how many new TexAgs threads will be started based off this one tweet. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, heso said:

There will be no more votes out today from Allegheny county today. The only remaining ballots there (35,000) need to be “examined”. A big group of of those, potentially as many as 29,000, are from voters that got the wrong ballots. The company in Ohio that printed those ballots assigned the wrong addresses. So you may have had the wrong down ballot races on your ballot. I don’t know what they plan to do with those. The rest are ballots that didn’t have the security envelope or were damaged in the mail. Those won’t be examined until tomorrow for some reason. 

That seems like kind of a big deal.   I think the 60/40 or 70/30 split Biden needs was hoping to get 25K or so votes out of Pittsburgh today.

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

My understanding is many of the outstanding votes are from congressional districts with Dem representatives no?

Yes. Mostly Maricopa, which is light blue.  But somehow they know more granular data that says they don’t exactly line up with light blue and are light red.  

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Well now I feel more confident in Nevada going Biden

Yeah, that's a panic move. I wonder if Nevada knows their results but wants to make sure they have it as accurate as possible since they know it's about to face a legal challenge. Or they just don't give a fuck. 

Just now, Loch Ness Monster said:

Trump doesn't believe in democracy is the major announcement. 

That was determined long before now. He’s not getting support from the establishment and he’s not getting support from the bigger name/aspiration lawyers out there that usually get tied up in these things. The suits that have been filed at this point are not well written or well founded, they are just his last gasp. No one with political aspirations is going to ride the sinking ship at this point.

The R establishment has been quieter than they ever have. I don’t know that I have seen any commentary at this point. I think this is a best case scenario for them and they’ll let him go down by himself. Potentially hold the Senate, make some headway in the House, and spend the next two years talking about how inept Biden is while getting ready for the next cycle.

It’s also pretty well the worst case for the Democrats as now we are going to be at a stale mate again assuming the Senate holds at no worse than 51/49 R. They will have no way to move their agenda short of a few moderate R’s getting on board with some things and end up in a lame duck scenario. It’s absolutely nuts that we have ended up where we are going to in this election cycle.

• Hook 'Em 2