2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

14 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

“remember the active military actually supports Biden.“ - some retarded poll that we posted a couple months ago that will absolutely not prove to be true

It was the Military Times, and it didn't signal net support, just something like 54/46 Trump/Biden.

33 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Well, I think Georgia matters, not for the electoral count (should Biden win PA), but for the generation of momentum that would carry into the runoffs in those two Senate races. They would absolutely relish the opportunity to campaign like fucking crazy to get that 50-50 split.

The Senate piece is crazy important.  Looking at the current state of the Perdue/Ossoff race, Ossoff is currently at 50.03%.  It doesn't take much to push that to a special election, given Perdue has to stay above 50%.  E.g., if there were another 25,000 votes that came in split 60% to Ossoff / 40% to Perdue, that would push Perdue down to 49.98%, and we'd end up with both Georgia seats going to special election. I'm not sure the Ds would be able to win both, but with Trump off the ballot, I like their chances.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It was the Military Times, and it didn't signal net support, just something like 54/46 Trump/Biden.

I think it was the other way around, Trump was under 50.  There was also a large number (20%) of independents, which probably translates to shy Rs.  

14 minutes ago, heso said:

There will be no more votes out today from Allegheny county today. The only remaining ballots there (35,000) need to be “examined”. A big group of of those, potentially as many as 29,000, are from voters that got the wrong ballots. The company in Ohio that printed those ballots assigned the wrong addresses. So you may have had the wrong down ballot races on your ballot. I don’t know what they plan to do with those. The rest are ballots that didn’t have the security envelope or were damaged in the mail. Those won’t be examined until tomorrow for some reason. 

Of course they were printed in Ohio. Ohio is like a spreading disease. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gap03 said:

The Senate piece is crazy important.  Looking at the current state of the Perdue/Ossoff race, Ossoff is currently at 50.03%.  It doesn't take much to push that to a special election, given Perdue has to stay above 50%.  E.g., if there were another 25,000 votes that came in split 60% to Ossoff / 40% to Perdue, that would push Perdue down to 49.98%, and we'd end up with both Georgia seats going to special election. I'm not sure the Ds would be able to win both, but with Trump off the ballot, I like their chances.

I think it falls the opposite way.  R turnout for a special election with Biden in office will be off the charts.  They will do everything they can to blunt the presidency by keeping the senate.  

Just now, TXSG8R said:

I think it falls the opposite way.  R turnout for a special election with Biden in office will be off the charts.  They will do everything they can to blunt the presidency by keeping the senate.  

Stacey Abrams has proven to be very effective at GOTV in GA.  So I think you’re right but GA seems to be the one chance where it could go the other way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I think it was the other way around, Trump was under 50.  There was also a large number (20%) of independents, which probably translates to shy Rs.  

This one?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/08/31/as-trumps-popularity-slips-in-latest-military-times-poll-more-troops-say-theyll-vote-for-biden/

10 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

That seems like kind of a big deal.   I think the 60/40 or 70/30 split Biden needs was hoping to get 25K or so votes out of Pittsburgh today.

I think it could be. I still think Biden pulls ahead today, but it raises questions about how much of the estimated mail in ballot that’s out there are good clean ballots. 

then there are still the mail in ballots that arrived yesterday, today, tomorrow. I think that could end up being 150k ballots. Could be less but I’d be surprised if it’s under 75k. That will skew at least 70% Biden and it will be part of a Supreme Court case over the ones that have no post mark or a smudged post mark. 

i still think Biden wins it today, but it might take a little longer. If he pulls ahead today it’s over but if it’s close he still has another batch of votes in the wings. 

44 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I bet she fucks like a champ.

You’re telling yourself that, until she’s riding you hard, you feel something weird happen, and then intense pain as the last thing you see and hear is her holding your heart aloft and screaming “Maaro maaro sooar ko, chamdi nocho pee lo khoon”.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

If you guys are ultimately correct on the math, and I'm not sure even my mentor Dr. Leaky at MIT feels comfortable about the math, I'll see to it that none of you ever has to do math on surly ever again.

Can you do this for my regular life too?

Edited by Bevo14

8 minutes ago, Brew said:

That was determined long before now. He’s not getting support from the establishment and he’s not getting support from the bigger name/aspiration lawyers out there that usually get tied up in these things. The suits that have been filed at this point are not well written or well founded, they are just his last gasp. No one with political aspirations is going to ride the sinking ship at this point.

The R establishment has been quieter than they ever have. I don’t know that I have seen any commentary at this point. I think this is a best case scenario for them and they’ll let him go down by himself. Potentially hold the Senate, make some headway in the House, and spend the next two years talking about how inept Biden is while getting ready for the next cycle.

It’s also pretty well the worst case for the Democrats as now we are going to be at a stale mate again assuming the Senate holds at no worse than 51/49 R. They will have no way to move their agenda short of a few moderate R’s getting on board with some things and end up in a lame duck scenario. It’s absolutely nuts that we have ended up where we are going to in this election cycle.

He's probably got a team of interns using LegalZoom to file the cases (and he's making them use their own credit cards...don't worry about it, I'll have Mike from accounting cut you a PO)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

You'd be talking about two voter bases in vastly different states of motivation:

You've got the dejected R's who are still wallowing in self pity about how their twat, fair-haired Benito Tangerini just lost what they thought was a solid red state and you're asking them to take the trouble to vote in a pandemic again.

Then you've got the super jacked D's who are stoked that Biden won their state and are being told "you can also tilt the balance of the Senate as well."

Besides, does anyone seriously believe that if (when) Trump loses that he's actually going to take time out of his painfully busy playing-golf-at-Mar-a-Lago schedule to campaign for those republican candidates? 

• Hook 'Em 2

GEOFFREY SKELLEY

NOV. 5, 9:23 AM

It looks like another 20,000 or so votes have come in from Philadelphia, and they broke 92 percent for Biden. Along with about 9,000 votes from deep-blue Montgomery County that broke 73 percent for Biden, this cut Trump’s statewide advantage from 2.6 percentage points to 2.3 points. It might seem wild that the Philadelphia tranche of votes could be that Democratic, but look at this way: Philadelphia usually votes around 80 percent (or a little higher) for Democratic presidential candidates. Clinton, for example, won 82 percent of the county’s votes in 2016. Right now, Biden is at about 80 percent in Philadelphia. But we also know that voters who used mail-in ballots were more likely to be Democrats, so you’re talking about the most Democratic votes out of a strongly Democratic-leaning pool of voters.

The hand wringing on PA is really showing how bad some of y’all are at math.

The PA SOS reports > 700k mail votes left to be counted. With the margins Biden is winning those by, and his margins in counties that have fully reported (solidly outperforming Clinton), it isn’t Biden winning that “doesn’t calc.” Its a Trump win. If the PA SOS is remotely accurate Biden will win.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Election day and later early voting tended toward Trump. 

Basically the earlier the vote was made the more likely it was to be for Biden. 

I think thats the concern in AZ.  Even though they are mail-in ballots, a good chunk of them were dropped on election day, not early.  

Megan Gilbertson, the Elections Department spokeswoman, confirmed the number of mail-in ballots dropped off on Election Day totaled between 160,000 and 180,000. That along with additional information from the state's rural counties pushed the number of ballots left to count above 600,000. 

sauce

So that 50+ math most people have been applying to mail-in ballots may not work there.  

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Nothing but a shell shocked outlook on life due to the last four years as a victim of Trump’s incompetence.

This is about it.  It's like people think trump has magical powers or something when reality is that he's just an extreme example of how much you can get away with in life in the US when you're a born rich white man.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You’re telling yourself that, until she’s riding you hard, you feel something weird happen, and then intense pain as the last thing you see and hear is her holding your heart aloft and screaming “Maaro maaro sooar ko, chamdi nocho pee lo khoon”.

Get laid AND I finally get to die?

The Dream

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

This is about it.  It's like people think trump has magical powers or something when reality is that he's just an extreme example of how much you can get away with in life in the US when you're a born rich white man.

Hey, he got all that debt all on his own! Give him some credit 

Edited by Bevo14

CLARE MALONE

NOV. 5, 9:50 AM

The president has been tweeting more this morning about wanting to “stop” the (legitimate, of course) vote count. Apparently, what Trump means, according to his campaign, is that they want to stop the count until the Trump campaign can monitor it (again, as we’ve said before, there is no proof of fraud.) The specific rules for partisans observing the vote-counting process vary from state to state and the National Council of State Legislatures has a handy guide for those rules. But take for instance, Pennsylvania, which is a pretty big prize today. “Partisan observers are permitted to be present when absentee and mail-in ballot envelopes are opened, and when the ballots are counted and recorded,” the NCSL writes. In Arizona, “Partisan observers are authorized to observe processing at the county recorder’s office.” In Nevada, “Members of the general public may observe the preparation of absentee ballots at central counting boards.” So, it’s unclear why the Trump campaign would argue that these vote counts would need to be stopped so they can observe them; they’re already allowed to observe.

1 minute ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

The networks must be waiting for Biden to actually get the lead to project the PA win because based on how they typicall announce other states they would have already done so.

I think that’s what’s happening. Some time this afternoon Biden will take the lead and then they’ll call it.