Texas Re-Opening Announced

Storm the Field

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Yes, because waiters are briefly walking by only a few people - their fellow colleagues in the restaurant (host/hostess, other waiters, cooks/chefs), people coming to the restaurant to pick up food orders for delivery, and now people coming to dine-in. Certainly the people who are stupidly dining in can't eat with their mouth covered, can they? Sure maybe other restaurant workers are wearing masks, but not all of the delivery boys. 

Oh and complete misapplication of the term Karen. 

I don't understand how someone allegedly in healthcare can make the type of posts that you do. For the sake of the American people, I just hope you are not in a position of authority.

Is it the same as the worker who is wearing a mask and scans your food at heb or your drink at the gas station? They’re not around any delivery drivers or people coming and going at all.  

All those people you mentioned, the majority of them wear masks. 

Again, the precautions they took seemed adequate. Maybe that’s just because I’m used to walking around with people in masks all day at work. The sight itself doesn’t bother me and I can assess it more rationally  

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

so if a HEB, gas station, fast food, Specs, or Lowe’s cashier is a carrier with no symptoms, they could be exposing all their customers for weeks ?

FIFY

I mean seriously, how many of those have you transacted with in the last week? 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Lol, three trauma stats before midnight tonight. Could they have happened even without the "reopening?" Sure, it's possible, but based on the traffic difference between Thursday and Friday, I'd be willing to bet at least two of them wouldn't have occurred.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Lol, three trauma stats before midnight tonight. Could they have happened even without the "reopening?" Sure, it's possible, but based on the traffic difference between Thursday and Friday, I'd be willing to bet at least two of them wouldn't have occurred.

I mean, sure. But you seem to be forgetting about muh freedom...duh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

FIFY

You aren't directly eating/drinking what those people are handling immediately after they handled it. It's a big difference. Even with takeout/delivery you can heat it up before eating to decontaminate. With a restaurant dine in whatever they just touched you're putting in your mouth even as innocent as from glass/plate to your hand transfer. 

Texas residents did a great job of keeping the virus down compared to almost every state. Hate to see people first reaction at freedom to rush in unmasked in some place called snappys.  Odds are that they’re ok but why take the chance.

my firsthand knowledge is that Texas healthcare leaders won’t publicly state it but they are not going out.

6 hours ago, trauma babe said:

What’s your point here? Or are you just sharing info?

Dallas had its 2 highest days of reported cases on April 30 and May 1. And now shit is reopening. We picked up food at a restaurant yesterday and people were eating there. No masks, no social distancing in the parking lot or out front. Just a normal Friday night. 

Even Mississippi is smarter than us. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

so if a waiter / waitress is a carrier with no symptoms, they could be exposing all their customers for weeks ?

Actually, I'm as much concerned for the staff as they need money to live, but the customers are coming in hour after hour, unmasked. Isn't viral load something to consider? We've already made it so one has to return or no employment. Small businesses have a difficult time with sick pay if they offer it at all. So caught between a rock and a hard place, really. One wants to keep local places in business, and I applaud the locales that are putting forth their best effort to keep people employed and customers served and to hang on to their business but this way seems so half-assed and poorly thought out it is watching people on the fringes die a slow suffering death: Elderly? Well, you're old and served your purpose--you're a user now. We'll let your loved ones see you in your last hour. Weak and ill? Same. Service sector? Well, serve or die man I don't care. Just give me my chimichanga.

Life has always been eat or be eaten, but I've tried to follow the example of least of these and here we are in a very hard time and we are pushing the least in front of Alex Jones and saying: "Here you go Alex!"

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Does anybody believe for a minute that GRHorn is somehow involved in a medical field?  It's unpossible. The level of stupidity is simply too great. 

The whole profession is; eh, just put some aloe on it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Does anybody believe for a minute that GRHorn is somehow involved in a medical field?  It's unpossible. The level of stupidity is simply too great. 

Yes there is increased risk in going out to eat.  There will likely be more transmission of the virus. My point though is that unless you're truly sheltering in place, having groceries delivered and wiping them down as you unwrap them, never driving through Whataburger, then you are having similar contact with people. Less of course, but it's happening.

24 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I was just thinking, if I had to choose between having this guy as my doctor, or say, consulting with my local oil change bay attendant for medical advice, or really, any advice, on anything ... I’d go with the grease monkey.    

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

When you dine in you don't have control. Even if you go wash when you get there how well if at all were the menus disinfected? How many places are thoroughly disinfecting the shakers/sugar packet containers/drink menus? How many other situations are you in relatively close proximity to other people sans mask in the same room for 40+ minutes? The variables are too great to properly control in that setting.

The menus were paper disposable ones. There were no sugar packets, salt shakers etc. 

The one true difference is being indoors with people for an extended period. Sitting indoors for a meal is roughly equivalent to a big HEB trip.

I think eating outside, at a distance, is obviously the way to go. 

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Yes there is increased risk in going out to eat.  There will likely be more transmission of the virus. My point though is that unless you're truly sheltering in place, having groceries delivered and wiping them down as you unwrap them, never driving through Whataburger, then you are having similar contact with people. Less of course, but it's happening.

I mean, I had to go to HEB once this week.  So I might as well lick an airplane toilet seat.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Yes, because waiters are briefly walking by only a few people - their fellow colleagues in the restaurant (host/hostess, other waiters, cooks/chefs), people coming to the restaurant to pick up food orders for delivery, and now people coming to dine-in. Certainly the people who are stupidly dining in can't eat with their mouth covered, can they? Sure maybe other restaurant workers are wearing masks, but not all of the delivery boys. 

Oh and complete misapplication of the term Karen. 

I don't understand how someone allegedly in healthcare can make the type of posts that you do. For the sake of the American people, I just hope you are not in a position of authority.

a lot of people are very skilled at one particular thing and are complete morons when it comes to everything else.  doctors seem to be afflicted more than most. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

And with proper planning even that could’ve been avoided. Haven’t stepped foot inside a store in over a month. And then it was because we hadn’t done proper planning. 

That's so last week. Haven't you heard? We're all going to Pretend It Away now.

• Like 1

Just took a drive around town. Some people out and about, but not many. Seems like people aren’t quite ready to re-open. 

Not here (Cedar Creek Lake). No way the restaurants are only letting in 25% when their parking lots are full. We are going to see a major spike in this area.

21 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Is it the same as the worker who is wearing a mask and scans your food at heb or your drink at the gas station? They’re not around any delivery drivers or people coming and going at all.  

yeah, and a family of four can limit their chance of exposure with one person shopping once every two weeks at a semi-crowded grocery store than dragging everyone out to Chili's 4 nights a week.

we, of course,  accept some risks so that we can eat, but eating out everynight seems more risky to me than a visit to a grocery store twice a month.

i don't know why some people have so much trouble with critical thought.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

And with proper planning even that could’ve been avoided. Haven’t stepped foot inside a store in over a month. And then it was because we hadn’t done proper planning. 

So you’re a prepper. A gay one at that. Congrats. You’re a unicorn.

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

You know what they call the person who graduated dead last in the class, from the worst medical school in the country? Doctor. For some reason that comes to mind when I read certain posts. 

An oldie but a goodie. 

Nice steakhouse dinner tonight. A lot of boomers there.

It was a little odd with waiters wearing ties and black masks.  A little handmaids tale/eyes wide shut vibe. Probably gonna take it easy now but was a date night the wife and I needed. If you know, you know. 

F122-F776-9392-484-B-B387-512617768-C4-D

Well if by prepper you mean that I know how to place orders on the internet for my grocery needs from H-E-B and my alcohol needs from Instacart and my vegetable needs from farm to table, and then they magically show up in a few hours or days, then yeah, I’m a preppier. 

6 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Well if by prepper you mean that I know how to place orders on the internet for my grocery needs from H-E-B and my alcohol needs from Instacart and my vegetable needs from farm to table, and then they magically show up in a few hours or days, then yeah, I’m a preppier. 

What percentage of surly posters haven’t been inside of a store for a month? I’d say less than 5%. And that’s being conservative. I mean rock on, but to each their own. 

15 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

you're an idiot. A straight one at that. Congrats. You're a cockroach.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

An oldie but a goodie. 

It was a little odd with waiters wearing ties and black masks.  A little handmaids tale/eyes wide shut vibe. Probably gonna take it easy now but was a date night the wife and I needed. If you know, you know. 

F122-F776-9392-484-B-B387-512617768-C4-D.jpg

This needs to go in the steel shank thread.

You paid money for this?!?
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, GRHorn said:

FIFY

The problem with your "gotcha" is that the people who have been going to Lowes or Home Depot or Specs or going into a gas station for a drink or the myriad of other unnecessary shit people have been doing are the same people who are going into restaurants now to dine in.

1F9DnlI.gif

Edited by Hmbre97

13 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

A lot of doctors are highly intelligent but some passionately support trump and are therefore by definition stupid. He’s probably a fake but the problem does exist.

• Like 1

I'm going to make a thread about this, but I'm in Port A (ish) and drove all the way to port A from marker 102 right inside of mustang island state park beach. Absolutely mind blowing how fucked we are.

20200502_121451.jpg

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

An oldie but a goodie. 

F122-F776-9392-484-B-B387-512617768-C4-D

Am I missing the joke? That looks disgusting.

• Like 4