Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

58 minutes ago, Equinox said:

The only problem with going after something from 24 years ago is you then have to go after, for example, Jimmy Kimmel doing blackface Karl Malone and things like that. Where does it end?

We're in a whataboutism death spiral. Hopefully all this vapid bullshit will generate a black hole that puts us all out of our misery.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

But seriously, how many times does the same series of blustering nonsense followed by retreat to status quo have to play out before people recognize the pattern proactively. NK, China, now mercedes. He only knows one tactic. 

its how stupid people get phony power for short amounts of time.

but its action! finally have a president with some balls!! woooo!!!

• Like 1

An example of FAIR TRADE! would be if we traded Donald Trump to Germany for a used pair of lederhosen whose previous owner shit themselves during an Oktoberfest bender. 

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Trump is fighting back the way a diminishing paranoid king is.

Bannon suggested he fire everybody. That's what he wants, some manufactured cover to do just that. Spygate was his hope for that. Maybe his last hope.

Anyway, he's guilty as fuck. All his telegraphs are about flipping, all his actions are obstruction. GUILTY AS SIN.

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It’s going to be interesting when a radical left enacts all the stuff that the right has been scaring people with the last thirty years.  One of those deals “You kept going on and on and on, so watch this mother fuckers.”

Like what, universal healthcare?  That'll show them.  They would absolutely benefit from the programs the far Left wants to enact.  The only people that wouldn't would be 1%ers paying more. They'd still be rich as f'k but not as rich as all f'k. 

• Like 1

The good economy is all Obama's. What Trump does with it is all his. So far, he's disturbing the fuck out of it, while enhancing little to nothing.

The Harley ex was a definitive one. It backfired, like a poorly made bike.

6 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Like what, universal healthcare?  That'll show them.  They would absolutely benefit from the programs the far Left wants to enact.  The only people that wouldn't would be 1%ers paying more. They'd still be rich as f'k but not as rich as all f'k. 

They gonna take away all the guns and remove every reference to God and Jesus.  That’ll show those kooks.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I don't think that was the problem with NK or China. I agree this is stupid.  But it's the only move he knows.  He does not have any other plays. I think that the euros know that, and I think that they are making the right response from their side. I think that the next president is going to spend a lot of time trying to mend relationships. 

Of course he only has one play.

And 40% of Americans think "that's awesome! He sure told them!  Man of action!  FAIR TRADE!"

When in reality, it gains nothing.  But it pisses away decades worth of American goodwill and credibility.

Our next president can't spend a lot of time trying to mend relationships.  He needs to have very short, direct conversations with all of our allies: "So....our last president was a deranged fuckhead.  We're sorry.  I'll straighten out the shit that needs to be straightened out.  In the meantime, can we act like the good, longtime friends that we are, and not talk about the stupid stuff America did last night when it was completely shitfaced?  Thanks, man -- you French/Germans/Everybody are cool dudes."  That's really it.  Don't lend unhinged fuckery any more credence or attention than it merits.  We just pissed on the carpet.  We need to clean it up, acknowledge that shit happens when you have half a bottle of jack and 2 shots of codeine cough syrup, chuckle a little bit at how totally fucking out of hand shit got last night, and move on.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And 40% of Americans think "that's awesome! He sure told them!  Man of action!  FAIR TRADE!"

When in reality, it gains nothing.  But it pisses away decades worth of American goodwill and credibility.

Our next president can't spend a lot of time trying to mend relationships.  He needs to have very short, direct conversations with all of our allies: "So....our last president was a deranged fuckhead.  We're sorry.  I'll straighten out the shit that needs to be straightened out.  In the meantime, can we act like the good, longtime friends that we are, and not talk about the stupid stuff America did last night when it was completely shitfaced?  Thanks, man -- you French/Germans/Everybody are cool dudes."  That's really it.  Don't lend unhinged fuckery any more credence or attention than it merits.  We just pissed on the carpet.  We need to clean it up, acknowledge that shit happens when you have half a bottle of jack and 2 shots of codeine cough syrup, chuckle a little bit at how totally fucking out of hand shit got last night, and move on.

What that post presumes, is that the next guy ain't gonna be a total fucking basket case too.  I mean, I agree that in the immediate term its hard to imagine something worse. But I'd put total shit show at even money for baseline until I see the list of primary candidates. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is what happens when you have an increasingly uneducated populace that favors bold simple moves, with no interest in, or understanding of, the consequences. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Dallas has scoreboard on Houston for biggest news story in history.  What would it take for Houston to pull into the lead?

Just asking questions and stuff.

I wouldn’t count on any of the Rockets doing the shooting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Serious question.  Had President Obama acted like Trump, tweeted like Trump and run his administration like Trump, what do you think the reaction would have looked like from the right.  Do you think there would have been an attempt on his life?

If Obama had done even a fraction of what Trump is doing or has been accused of doing the right would have gone nuclear, in a literal sense. 

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What that post presumes, is that the next guy ain't gonna be a total fucking basket case too.  I mean, I agree that in the immediate term its hard to imagine something worse. But I'd put total shit show at even money for baseline until I see the list of primary candidates. 

So now it's a hypothetical next guy who'll be just as bad or worse.  You've taken your reflexive bothsidism to a whole new level. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

This is what happens when you have an increasingly uneducated populace that favors bold simple moves, with no interest in, or understanding of, the consequences. 

I think that there is also some aspect of a long history of not implementing more moderate measures to address some of the real and actual issues in these industries that are negatively impacting Americans.  We let the shit fester too long. So a lunatic eventually comes along who wants to cut the arm off because he sees "gangrene" rather than addressing through earlier interventions by adults that could have treated the "infection".    

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

So now it's a hypothetical next guy who'll be just as bad or worse.  You've taken your reflexive bothsidism to a whole new level. 

LOL. I've actually addressed this on the prior board.  In the short term I see regression to the mean. A quick rebound in relative competency. The secular trend, my friend? Well, doesn't take a bothsider to see where the ship is heading.  

Meh, I thought “if we’re lucky” while reading brisket’s post. You talk to your average John Q out there and it’s not looking good.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

LOL. I've actually addressed this on the prior board.  In the short term I see regression to the mean. A quick rebound in relative competency. The secular trend, my friend? Well, doesn't take a bothsider to see where the ship is heading.  

You're assuming that movement in a straight line is inevitable.  But history often moves in cycles. American history has consistently moved in cycles.  Why is this time any different than the early 1860s or 1930s, when the horizon looked much worse? 

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Lots more people buried their dead kids from school shootings and we ain't doing shit about that.

if by ain’t doing shit, you mean this:

“We are going to Dallas, we are going to Houston. We are going to have a little fun today. Thank you very much.”

then yea, i agree. 

• Like 1

He’s gonna pardon HIM?

Seriously...it’s like we’ve elected a comic book villain to be president. The Joker is in the White House, and he’s gonna pardon all of his spiritual pals in shitbaggery. He’s gonna pardon Bernie Madoff next, isn’t he?

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Brisket, you angling for the secy of state job in 2020?