Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

^^^
Correct. We are ceding our position of leadership and power in almost every respect, across the world and across the board. Our chair will not be waiting for us when we decide to come back.

The worst part is we are creating an environment where wars are more likely.  

Not necessarily involving the U.S. but other states.  Alliances getting destroyed so quickly will have shitty consequences.

13 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Nobody on planet Earth thinks Ann Coulter is serious, impartial, or a journalist.  She’s a pundit, an activist.  That’s the difference.  Time portrays itself as a neutral arbiter of truth. No surprise they ran with something trying to make maximum impact.  And it wasn’t a minor detail. It was the signature image of the situation.  It’s like Twitter. The correction never gets the retweets the falsehoods do. 

I heard the photographer being interviewed days before the Time cover was released.  He unequivocally stated that they were NOT separated.  So, you are saying that Time captioned the cover photo “(seen above a young girl is separated from her mother who was seeking asylum)”?

i just want to know how culpable Time was in committing this alleged fraud.

12 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

So FOX providing a forum for known liars (Ollie North and Hannity just to name two more) doesn't reflect on the trustworthiness of FOX News? These liars are regular, celebrated figures on FOX.

You’re correct.  Fox News is almost worthless. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I was just thinking about that. Things will never be the same. A new president and competent foreign policy will re-establish better relations with traditional allies, but I doubt we'll be restored as the assumed leader of the free world. Friendship is easier to restore than leadership.

The strong European countries, Canada and likely Australia will not want to return to their former status as valued friends and counsel to US leadership. We've (I hate having to say "we" with Trump in charge, but so it is) demonstrated levels of stupidity, needless hostility, unreliability, and total lack of moral bearing that it would be foolish for anyone to make themselves anything less than an absolute equal to the US.

They can all assert their superiority as international players in everything except raw power.  As much as the insecure adolescent likes to believe that power is all you need, use of raw power is never a winning a move to influence allies. Somebody needs to convince President Bonespurs. 

I don't see us ever being first among equals again. 

Glass half full take:  Our allies know what Trump and complicit others have done and are doing, and it's nothing short of treason against our US democracy.  Our allies have been/are cooperating with our intelligence services and by extension the DoJ/Mueller investigation since before Trump was elected.  They know all of it.  They are helping justice to be served on our soil, but again this extends squarely to Putin who has done/is doing the same thing to our European allies.  We know and they know.  The depth of betrayal moving forward in the complicit GOP remains to seen, but once justice is served, I believe we (and all democracies) will have every opportunity to learn from this and we will make up lost ground while being the primary example of how resilient the democratic system of government can be.  And I'll take resilient over perfect every day forever. It all hinges on whether a KGB/spymaster/dictactor gets away with his global blackmail gambit for control or not.

21 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I heard the photographer being interviewed days before the Time cover was released.  He unequivocally stated that they were NOT separated.  So, you are saying that Time captioned the cover photo “(seen above a young girl is separated from her mother who was seeking asylum)”?

Time felt the need to correct it.  It was misleading and meant to amp up the reporting.  

The original version of this story misstated what happened to the girl in the photo after she taken from the scene. The girl was not carried away screaming by U.S. Border Patrol agents; her mother picked her up and the two were taken away together

Fine, y’all don’t think that’s a big deal, but it’s just another example of media twisting things for their maximum desired effect, why is almost always in one direction. 

There’s other more blatant examples like the Vermont story I mentioned.  It goes on and on. 

• Fuck You 1

Lulz. I once ran a geophysical survey based on my own experience because the crew failed to check their email/messages and go with what the consultant wanted. It worked out fine, and I was correct in my design, but I still apologized for the mistake. It wasn’t a conspiracy. We had the corrected information but it didn’t reach the right people. It wasn’t fraud.

This is akin to questioning the judge about his parking ticket while you are on trial for shooting up a school. Both sides violated the law! How can he judge me! What about Benghazi? Squirrel!
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Time felt the need to correct it.  It was misleading and meant to amp up the reporting.  

The original version of this story misstated what happened to the girl in the photo after she taken from the scene. The girl was not carried away screaming by U.S. Border Patrol agents; her mother picked her up and the two were taken away together

Fine, y’all don’t think that’s a big deal, but it’s just another example of media twisting things for their maximum desired effect, why is almost always in one direction. 

There’s other more blatant examples like the Vermont story I mentioned.  It goes on and on. 

How is it twisting the story? She is an example of the human right violations that trump is directing. You mean to tell me that a publication maximized the drama?? Holy shit, alert the press! They didn’t lie. Trumpkin rubes might believe that trump himself kidnapped her, the actual intelligent Americans understand the image was used to tell a story. And it works. That’s why trumpkins cry about it. Precious snowflakes. 

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m convinced he’s going to be removed from office and sent to jail.

Both of those things absolutely need to happen.  They already should have happened.  

Neither will happen.  I would bet the house  on it.  

We are too far gone. 

Just now, Burt said:

Its tough to scam a scammer, but its not impossible when Scammer #1 is a narcissistic douche who feeds off adulation and praise.

Are you talking about Trump or Sacha Baron Cohen?

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Here's the cover. What is misleading about this?

QSDVHTAJ2I7R5PS3Y6H3572BTM.png

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Slade said:

"Liberate towns" in the grasp of MS-13? What the fuck is that moron talking about?

I say it again, 60 million people voted for this assclown. 

I had a conversation yesterday with a lawyer who believes it. I know well a judge who does. He may be an assclown, but he's found the lowest common denominator of humanity and has dragged most of the GOP down to it. I tend to think he's not smart enough to know this, and has "outside" help (in the vicinity of 55.7520° N, 37.6175° E).

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Flashback tweet from three days ago:

Lulz. And his supporters will completely ignore this lie and bitch about the mainstream media.

on the old board Tahoe asked what a Trumpkin is. Put simply, it’s someone that completely ignores any facts or realities if they do not fit their views.

trump lying about the immigration vote will be summarily dismissed.

I'm actually jealous some people can go through life ignoring the inconvenience of reality. It would actually make things much easier in some ways.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Here's the cover. What is misleading about this?

QSDVHTAJ2I7R5PS3Y6H3572BTM.png

I was going to post the same thing. That image represents what the Trump policy was doing. They could have used a young actress and that would not have discredited the point of the image. There are crying children. This is a Trump policy. We've all seen it confirmed on TV a thousand times. This is not a misrepresentation. 

Claiming it's a misrepresentation on the absurd grounds that the source image of the girl wasn't actually separated from her mother is like saying Trump is actually at the border staring down little girls. Claiming this is a misrepresentation is a dishonest bit of sophistry hoping to discredit a source more reliable than the party raising doubts about that source.

Stop fucking lying. Creating a believable lie is not an argument for anything other than proving that you are comfortable being dishonest. Despicable and erosive.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 9

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

on the old board Tahoe asked what a Trumpkin is. Put simply, it’s someone that completely ignores any facts or realities if they do not fit their views.

You're being kind to Trumpkins. They do not merely ignore truth, they willingly and happily spread distortion and untruth either knowingly or through derangement (as you describe). Getting rid of Trump likely won't change them. If the QB of your team goes down, you just look for a new QB. YOU NEVER GIVE UP ON THE TEAM!!!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Slade said:

"Liberate towns" in the grasp of MS-13? What the fuck is that moron talking about?

I say it again, 60 million people voted for this assclown. 

Facts really don't matter. It's all about emotion.

There was a guy at my work that told me Mexicans and Muslims are taking over which is why America is going down the shitter. I didn't ask any followup questions. But I guess racism is cool to just put out there in the open right now. 

• Like 1

But weren't we told on this website (this week I believe) that Fox News doesn't brainwash people like MSNBC? 

Well, see, Fox and the President are a “Vesuvius of mendacity,” but there’s been a couple of times that CNN got a fact wrong and corrected it, which means (1) you can’t trust anything the “MSM” says, and (2) if Fox or the DOTUS say it, it’s Gospel. Trumpkin and “both sides” crowd out front shoulda told ya.
  • Like 2

I mean sure the president and his minions come out every day and tell us that the sky is red and 2 + 2 = 5, but Time magazine ran a cover that may or may not have been a little misleading. So, you know, both sides man. Both sides.

1 hour ago, Mapache said:

It's obvious Shapiro knows Trump is full of shit

It’s amazing how much better Shapiro looks at debate when he is arguing with a college kid. Bill Maher, who’s not even a good debater, just wiped the floor with him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We're about this far ---> | - | away from FoxNews being state-run media. Think about that.....we're getting closer and closer to being no different than NK, China, Saudi Arabia and Iran.

1 hour ago, Burt said:

We're about this far ---> | - | away from FoxNews being state-run media. Think about that.....we're getting closer and closer to being no different than NK, China, Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Pravda-lite

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s amazing how much better Shapiro looks at debate when he is arguing with a college kid. Bill Maher, who’s not even a good debater, just wiped the floor with him.

It was a decent civil conversation. Maher didn't wipe the floor with him. I say this as a fan of Maher and someone that dislikes Shapiro.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

The raising of the flag on Iwo Jima is iconic and it was staged. It doesn't mean we didn't capture the island nor does the crying girl pic mean thousands of kids weren't being taken from their parents.

perfect example, thank you.

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

It was a decent civil conversation. Maher didn't wipe the floor with him. I say this as a fan of Maher and someone that dislikes Shapiro.

It was obvious from watching that video that he knows the right began this current iteration of uncivil discourse. He was visibly uncomfortable talking about it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, F250 said:

What? Did you watch the video? Shapiro was clearly uncomfortable and knew he was arguing a losing position

• Like 1