Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Lodestar’s appearnce is being overvalued.  Pence is one of the few long term politicians in the administration, so he’s the only person whose had enough speeches and what not recorded over the years.  You can search all the stuff he’s ever said but not, say, DeVos or Kelly or Mattis.  

I’ve said lodestar before and written it before, but none of you would ever know because it hasn’t been etched in something permanent. 

The evidence  isn’t as strong as everyone acts. 

some other person in the administration who purposely used the word to make people think it's Pence.

This. Yashar has talked about this several times. Sources know the words will be analyzed so they intentionally use others phrasing to misdirect.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Right, we all want justice for Trump.

I was thinking of the humiliation the country would suffer by going 25th 

We could do without that. 

Uh, there is no humiliation greater than that which we have already suffered, save perhaps total collapse.

Pence would have given them Kavanaugh or someone even more to the right.  The reality is that the GOP actually loves Trump.  He's everything they've always wanted. 

This. Trump ain’t a GOP bug. He’s the feature. It’s the party of trump, they say so themselves.
Uh, there is no humiliation greater than that which we have already suffered, save perhaps total collapse.

Don’t worry, it’s coming. Nobody is going to save us.

57 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Pence would have given them Kavanaugh or someone even more to the right.  The reality is that the GOP actually loves Trump.  He's everything they've always wanted. 

Until they lose one or both Houses. Then they’ll dump him to save their skins 

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Sixty million Americans thought it would be a good idea to put Donald Trump in the White House.

Well done, morons.

As we sit here today, tens of millions of Americans think he is doing a great job.  Not a few thousand, but tens of millions.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

“Lodestar” is not a commonplace word. One thing that separates disciplined professional writers from talented amateurs is that professionals kill their darlings when they serve no purpose. The NYT piece is self-indulgent on many levels, including linguistically.

I tend to agree.  It's such an unusual reference, and the odds of two WH insiders using it are . . . low.  And this scares me, because Pence is just as freakish, if perhaps less insane but more calculating.

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I tend to agree.  It's such an unusual reference, and the odds of two WH insiders using it are . . . low.  And this scares me, because Pence is just as freakish, if perhaps less insane but more calculating.

Yeah, but the drama of a blow up between the president and vice president would be epic.

Stick with me here . . . if the end game was always SCOTUS seats, tax cuts, immigration reform, etc., why is it so important that DJT is the one in the Oval Office?  Why couldn't it be Pence?

If we're truly to believe that this NYT op-ed is legitimate, then there is a reason 25A has not been invoked.  Somebody tell me that reason isn't "Pence is just as dirty".  Somebody tell me that they aren't dirty all the way down to God knows how far in the chain of succession.

• Like 1

Bookies already on the case. 

Pence was listed at 2-to-3 odds on the site MyBookie as the fifth column official who claims to be working behind the scenes to stop some of Trump’s policies that they find wrongheaded.

The biggest favorite, at 1-3 odds, is “the field,” someone not listed among the 18 administration officials listed by the Costa Rica-based operation.

other 17 named potential moles, listed by MyBookie, are: Education Secretary Betsy Devos (2-to-1), Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (4-to-1), Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin (4-to-1), chief of staff John F. Kelly (4-to-1), Defense Secretary Jim Mattis (5-to-1), Attorney General Jeff Sessions (5-to-1), Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke (6-to-1), Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue (6-to-1), Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross (7-to-1) Labor Secretary Alex Acosta (7-to-1), HHS Secretary Alex Azar (8-to-1), HUD Secretary Ben Carson (8-to-1), VA Secretary Robert Wilkie (8-to-1), Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen (10-to-1), Ivanka Trump (12-to-1) and Jared Kushner (12-to-1).

https://nypost.com/2018/09/05/bookies-place-odds-on-anonymous-white-house-official/

Travis County GOP is asking $1,000/plate to have lunch with Sean Spicer in Austin on Friday.  I said I'd pay that much if Melissa McCarthy was gonna be there, too.  Bad news is they didn't laugh, good news is I'm off the fundraising contact list until 2020.

And people are right to say that the word could have been planted to throw off the scent. But the rest of the piece is so hubristic and utterly bereft of self-awareness...

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Stick with me here . . . if the end game was always SCOTUS seats, tax cuts, immigration reform, etc., why is it so important that DJT is the one in the Oval Office?  Why couldn't it be Pence?

If we're truly to believe that this NYT op-ed is legitimate, then there is a reason 25A has not been invoked.  Somebody tell me that reason isn't "Pence is just as dirty".  Somebody tell me that they aren't dirty all the way down to God knows how far in the chain of succession.

I think Putin comes into play here.  He has something on all those who are blocking impeachment.  Maybe they got into bed with the russkies knowingly, or it was unwittingly, like through the NRA or other foundations.   When Putin has no use for Trump, then things will flip.  

(Can you tell I just watched Active Measures?)

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

fuck that noise, I want him ousted in the most humiliating way possible. I want video of him holding onto the door frame as they drag his obese ass out the front door for all to see. I want him tarred and feathered on the front lawn. Maybe give him the Gaddafi treatment as he gets into the police car. 

I've been dreaming that it will not be the FBI, but seasoned DC flatfeet Washington and O'Callahan. They will just drive right up to the WH, kick in the door if it isn't opened in a timely manner, and drag his ass out of there, just as if he was a midlevel heroin dealer. 

5 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

No way it was Pence, unless he is the all time greatest actor in the world. He is totally in Trump's pocket. My money is on either Kelly or Mattis. Maybe even them together. They came out with strong statements against the book, which Trump eats up, even though the book quotes them saying direct things against him. It's been reported that they both hate their jobs, but i can see them staying on as a way to protect the country out of a sense of duty... as the Generals that they are.

Would fit in with the soft military coup angle I've been peddling since before this fuck was elected but I am not so sure it was them. 

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

He's a mushbrain. His tenure would be short. He lacks Trump's charisma and ruthlessness.