Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

35 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Got it.  Denounce him in media, support him when voting. 

I think the point was only 4 Republicans even bothered to denounce Trump's ad. The only member of Congress is Flake, the others can't vote to support Trump.

6 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Trump has saved us from the Latin invasion through the sheer force of his magnificent will!

hail Trump.

Hail Trump.

Hail Trump!

HAIL TRUMP!!

HEIL TRUMP!!! HEIL TRUMP!!! HEIL TRUMP!!!  HEIL TRUMP!!! HEIL TRUMP!!! HEIL TRUMP!!!  HEIL TRUMP!!! HEIL TRUMP!!! HEIL TRUMP!!!  HEIL TRUMP!!! HEIL TRUMP!!! HEIL TRUMP!!!!

I'm guessing the jobs report that comes out today will be good. For many that outweighs all the other 90% of crap that is this presidency. The "it's all about me and what i can get" is a strong influence and will keep many voting red. There's a larger conversation about how much a president should get credit or blame when it comes to job numbers, but that is meaningless to most people. The gop will get a boost today. Luckily Trump will say many idiotic things between now and election day. 

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Jobs numbers are worthless when half the people with jobs can’t afford to live.

Agreed, but paraphrasing  the West Wing line about laws concerning millionaires. Everybody believes that they'll be one someday. Many think that a great job market means they'll have a 6 figure salary someday. If nothing else they're guaranteed a job so if they can't afford it, just put it on the credit card. 

• Like 1

A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Agreed, but paraphrasing  the West Wing line about laws concerning millionaires. Everybody believes that they'll be one someday. Many think that a great job market means they'll have a 6 figure salary someday. If nothing else they're guaranteed a job so if they can't afford it, just put it on the credit card. 

Thats the genius of the GOP. They have convinced uneducated methheads living in trailer parks that they aren't poor. They are just millionaires that haven't happened yet. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 2

Wage growth of 3.1% while overlooking inflation of 2.3%. Can I get a hell yeah for a less than 1% raise?? It's like another trump tax cut for everyone!! COSTCO MEMBERSHIPS ALL AROUND

Edit: and I am being so shitty about this because I don't feel this economic and wage growth is worth one and a half trillion dollars of tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans and corporations. And the trump cuts are basically what's keeping our already strung out economy propped up

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Message Board User said:

For Hugo.

In other news, Flake has sent a strongly worded text objecting to his wife’s demand that he pay for her and her trainer to go on a fuck fest trip to Cancun.  With a burrowed brow he has nonetheless handed over his credit card and has agreed to drive them both to the airport.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Thats the genius of the GOP. They have convinced uneducated methheads living in trailer parks that they aren't poor. They are just millionaires that haven't happened yet. 

So the GOP is like the Aggy Athletic Department.  They have convinced the fans that they have a national championship football team that just hasn’t happened yet. But they are $75 million closer.

• Like 1

Just now, RomaVicta said:

So, we need to launch the stealth bombers to hit them before they get even more dangerously close to our precious bodily fluids.

AffectionateDirectGilamonster-size_restr

According to some Beto campaign people they are already arriving in El Paso:

• Fuck You 3

13 hours ago, zork said:

The Federal government as a whole plays a part depending on what is happening specifically with the part of the immigration rules in particular.    That said it is typically the Legislative branch that creates the laws in coordination with the Executive branch and the Judicial rules later on if there is any law deemed invalid.  Of course the Executive is given powers to do immediate tweaks that can then be decided by the court system if they are legal or not if it is in question.

Seeing the pictures that I posted and all the rest at the link it is clear the caravan will not be persuaded to follow the law/rules unless there is a force big enough that they:

0203_authoritah1.jpg?quality=0.8

These people are desperate not malicious. From your link:

5BF32933-E1BB-445F-9566-F14F09127BA7_cx0

guatemala_2018-10-19T190945Z_851288411_R

Looks like a dangerous man.

AFP_1A56PX.jpg?w=620

Camo backpack. Clearly a dangerous combatant.

They no doubt take the child to eat later.

You don't need 14,000 full time soldiers armed and ready to fire if somebody throws a rock. Sure, beef up police like the Mexicans did. The Mexicans also took some in and arranged voluntary repatriation for others.

Come to the US and you get the Nixon/Trump result. 

KENT-STATE-SHOOTING.jpg?resize=752,490

150504093832-restricted-kent-state-tease

Another red-letter day for America. The forty percent will say they had it coming and invent the same absurd lie that the armed militia were trapped against a fence and in fear of their lives. Cue the Gap Kid. Open fire!

Idiot World writ large.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, scottsins said:

It’s a political slam dunk.

It must not be and I'll tell you why. 

To the middle class GOP voters that haven't had their economic situation improve under the Trump administration, bragging about the strong economic numbers comes off almost offensive. 

"If the economy is doing so great why hasn't my situation improved? Why does the cost of living keep going up? Am I getting left behind again? Something doesn't add up." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Wage growth of 3.1% while overlooking inflation of 2.3%. Can I get a hell yeah for a less than 1% raise?? It's like another trump tax cut for everyone!! COSTCO MEMBERSHIPS ALL AROUND

Edit: and I am being so shitty about this because I don't feel this economic and wage growth is worth one and a half trillion dollars of tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans and corporations. And the trump cuts are basically what's keeping our already strung out economy propped up

Middle America got the tax cut as well. I know it's true because I saw it yesterday on MSNBC. 

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Another good jobs report. 

That's good news. It's also entirely possible to accomplish without fascism and without putting the economy on an unsustainable cocaine bender with tax cuts for the wealthy, deregulation, and unnecessary stimulus. It's not like you've got to go way back in time to find evidence of that:

Edited by wildcat09
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, zork said:

According to some Beto campaign people they are already arriving in El Paso:

Negged for passing on a story that is reported by an original obscure source, Logic Nation, that originated with proven unreliable source, James O'Keefe, who wikipedia describes below: 

He produces secretly recorded undercover audio and video encounters with figures and workers in academic, governmental and social service organizations, purporting to show abusive or allegedly illegal behavior by employees and/or representatives of those organizations.[4] He has been criticized for selectively editing videos to misrepresent the context of conversations and the subjects' responses, creating the false impression that people said or did things they did not.

When his videos portraying ACORN workers seemingly aiding a couple in criminal planning hit the 24-hour cable news cycle, the U.S. Congress quickly voted to freeze funds for the non-profit. The national controversy resulted in the non-profit also losing most of its private funding before investigations of the videos concluded no illegal activity occurred. In March 2010, ACORN was close to bankruptcy and had to close or rename most of its offices.[9] Shortly after, the California State Attorney General's Office and the US Government Accountability Office released their related investigative reports. The Attorney General's Office found that O'Keefe had misrepresented the actions of ACORN workers in California and that the workers had not broken any laws. A preliminary probe by the GAO found that ACORN had managed its federal funds appropriately.[10][11] One of the fired ACORN workers sued O'Keefe for invasion of privacy; O'Keefe issued an apology and agreed to pay $100,000 in a settlement.

You know all of this, so, like an amateur political operative operative, you without hesitation or a care in the world about your own integrity pass on what is likely a lie or distortion.

Shameless actions for partisan reasons. Victory at all costs. Thanks for you contributions to American political discourse!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged for passing on a story that is reported by an original obscure source, Logic Nation, that originated with proven unreliable source, James O'Keefe, who wikipedia describes below: 

You know all of this, so, like an amateur political operative operative, you without hesitation or a care in the world about your own integrity pass on what is likely a lie or distortion.

Shameless actions for partisan reasons. Victory at all costs. Thanks for you contributions to American political discourse!

it's really weird what's happened to certain posters. zork and tahoe both come to mind. 

they used to be highly partisan, sure, there's actually nothing overtly wrong with that. they would present their argument, i would rarely agree with it, but i never had any negative animus beyond simple disagreement on certain policies.

but something has changed in the stories they purvey and the posting style they've adopted. i think it's happening writ large in our society. i think it's intentional self-delusion as a defense reaction to how truly terrible this administration is, but their identity as a republican.

• Like 3