Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Just now, AtticusFinch said:

Did anything shown in the video not happen regardless of the speed of the video?

Yes.  He did not contact her at that speed.

See, if I contact you with my hand at one speed, that is a touch.  If I contact you with my hand at higher speed, that is a strike.

So, it's a fucking lie.  Which is the only currency of the realm in Trumpland.  Fuck off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

No, you would slow it down.  The accusation is the video was slowed down to make the act by Acosta seem worse than it was.

dipshit - it's not a slowed down version of the video, selective parts of it are slowed down, and then (relative to that slowing) sped up, in order to make the video appear different than it is.  Choose a less obvious lie.

1 minute ago, AtticusFinch said:

Did anything shown in the video not happen regardless of the speed of the video?

I made this statement probably 20 minutes ago, and you continue to ignore it.  I fucking dare you to step up and claim that this is not "doctoring" the video.

There are are least 3 frames in that video that were held still, with subsequent frames deleted, to make it appear as if Acosta's hand moved down with more force than it did.  

Just now, SameSame said:

STFU,  Your entire premise is dishonest.   You can't start from a position of dishonesty, then try to make everything fit into your lies.  STFU

Enough with responding to the poster who is just needing attention, for whatever reason.  It's obvious trolling.  If he can operate a keyboard there's no way he's too dumb to not see how a video from fucking INFOWARS was altered.  That level of stupidity is rare if not impossible.

40 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

It's not an altered video.  It is just a close up of the altercation.  Further, revoking a press pass isnt a good argument when there are a hundred other members of the press reporting on the daily activities.  There is no constitutional requirement that the WH even give briefings.  This whole thing is stupid and a publicity stunt by CNN

A long time Hollywood video editor ran it thru his software and his computer/software determined 3 frames were altered via holding part of the image still for 3 frames.

There are all kinds of risk management articles out this week about how do you counter a 'deep fake' attack.

• Like 2

Why are you refuting arguments no one has made?

No one said it was a “fake video with re-enactment”.

The altered video was posted by the official Twitter account of the White House Press Secretary.

The altered video originated from a guy at fucking InfoWars who has a history and pattern of behavior of pushing lies and fabrications.

The guy who altered the video busted himself by posting a screenshot of the altered frames in question from his desktop. He was using a video editing program at the time.

He altered the video by extending three frames of the contact while speeding it up and zooming in on the contact to remove and isolate the contact from the rest of the context of the encounter.

Then the altered video replayed the manipulated moment of contact over and over and over again, slightly zooming in more tightly with each zoom to end the video.

So, yes, you Sarah Huckabee Sanders fanboi, The Office of The White House Press Secretary knowingly posted an altered video from a dubious source to bolster their fascist tactics and suppression of the free press. And to cover up their lies about Acosta “putting his hands on a woman”.

And we’re not even touching on the reports that the whole shameful shitshow may have been a set up from the get go to take the midterms off the front pages.

Now, please, try and explain again how this video wasn’t altered and this is just some librul nothingburger, you pants shitting liar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Why are you refuting arguments no one has made?

No one said it was a “fake video with re-enactment”.

The altered video was posted by the official Twitter account of the White House Press Secretary.

The altered video originated from a guy at fucking InfoWars who has a history and pattern of behavior of pushing lies and fabrications.

The guy who altered the video busted himself by posting a screenshot of the altered frames in question from his desktop. He was using a video editing program at the time.

He altered the video by extending three frames of the contact while speeding it up and zooming in on the contact to remove and isolate the contact from the rest of the context of the encounter.

Then the altered video replayed the manipulated moment of contact over and over and over again, slightly zooming in more tightly with each zoom to end the video.

So, yes, you Sarah Huckabee Sanders fanboi, The Office of The White House Press Secretary knowingly posted an altered video from a dubious source to bolster their fascist tactics and suppression of the free press. And to cover up their lies about Acosta “putting his hands on a woman”.

And we’re not even touching on the reports that the whole shameful shitshow may have been a set up from the get go to take the midterms off the front pages.

Now, please, try and explain again how this video wasn’t altered and this is just some librul nothingburger, you pants shitting liar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't engage the troll.  Just neg him and be done.  He is not interested in an honest conversation, so fuck him.

6 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

This. The troll’s job is to create cognitive noise and plausible deniability around this incident, not engage in any good faith conversation. 

Who said I wouldn't engage in a good faith conversation.   I was immediately called names and told to go die

• Fuck You 20

Just now, AtticusFinch said:

Who said I wouldn't engage in a good faith conversation.   I was immediately called names and told to go die

Because you didn't engage in a good faith conversation while also declaring you were discussing in good faith. We don't like liars, we don't like trolls. Go to the shag if you want uninformed, factually incorrect discussion. Fuck off, aggy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Enough with responding to the poster who is just needing attention, for whatever reason.  It's obvious trolling.  If he can operate a keyboard there's no way he's too dumb to not see how a video from fucking INFOWARS was altered.  That level of stupidity is rare if not impossible.

Not for aggy. Stupidity and a staggering capacity for delusion is the hallmark of their fan base. It's why they support Trump at probably a 90+% approval rate. He is them and they are him.

14 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Chooky, I respectfully disagree.  Calling people trolls is giving them the benefit of the doubt. That's counterproductive IMO.  Atticus is a dumb, lying piece of shit, but don't bail him out by calling him a troll.  His disingenuousness mimics the other tens of millions of shitty Trump supporters. These people are a threat to our country in their own way, and should be treated as such. 

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Probably much shorter than if a competent commander was in place to be honest lol

There are ICBMs inbound and we're taking a look at it. We'll have something for you by Friday...

Edited by retread

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Lincoln was trying to win a civil war, not start one.  Don't try again.

Never ceases to make me laugh how the party of Lincoln embraces confederacy I MEAN southern heritage and defends it while praising Lincoln's leadership lol. Such cognitive dissonance

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Chooky, I respectfully disagree.  Calling people trolls is giving them the benefit of the doubt. That's counterproductive IMO.  Atticus is a dumb, lying piece of shit, but don't bail him out by calling him a troll.  His disingenuousness mimics the other tens of millions of shitty Trump supporters. These people are a threat to our country in their own way, and should be treated as such. 

this is where i vacillate as a mod. on the one hand, it looks clear to me that atticus is not posting in good faith. 

on the other hand, there is a significant part of the electorate that acts and thinks like this poster, so banning him would be counter-productive. yall are well on your way to crowd sourcing him, though, and his history has been less than stellar overall, so i'm fine letting that be the outcome.

but it's definitely something for me to think about. 

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is where i vacillate as a mod. on the one hand, it looks clear to me that atticus is not posting in good faith. 

on the other hand, there is a significant part of the electorate that acts and thinks like this poster, so banning him would be counter-productive. yall are well on your way to crowd sourcing him, though, and his history has been less than stellar overall, so i'm fine letting that be the outcome.

but it's definitely something for me to think about. 

So, just to be clear, posting obvious lies, then defending those lies, repeatedly, after being called out, is not subject to banning. Got it.

edit to add: Don't ignore him, fellow surls. Neg him repeatedly to bring the crowd source ban.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Like 1