Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Down 2.9% for the day. Add another 6.8% drop last week. Nearly 10% in just over a week. And Mnuchin calling banks is (predictably) received as “wait, what the fuck does he know that has him worried?” And trump warring with the Fed. And shutdowns. And tariffs. And “tax relief” that accomplished nothing except fueling a record deficit. If you were to write a plan for royally fucking up an economy, it would look a lot like this.

af10123c-01d2-4d52-8717-a674007bbcaa-ori

This Mattis thing is interesting. I have one friend who has remained loyal to Trump through everything. It’s actually caused an immense strain on our friendship. The other night he finally said something slightly negative about Trump. He wants so badly to side with Mattis, and I can see his insides raging. It’s quite enjoyable. By the end of the conversation, he couldn’t back up a single one of his talking points anymore. Maybe it just takes one chink in the armor...

• Like 2

From @hoarsewhisperer
I’ve watched a profound narcissist suffer a complete psychological break.
Today’s Trump tweets remind me of that spiral.
Since a few asked, where that spiral goes (before I go run my last Xmas errands):
Increasingly irrational, utter rejection of facts and reality, spirals down into fully believing a fictitious personal narrative, says increasingly bonkers things, shuffles their inner circle.
It’s just a lot of unhinged, manic-feeling delusion and outbursts.
They can’t handle reality and construct an increasingly fictitious version in their heads: they aren’t failing; they’re winning - and people are just trying to hurt them.
It’s just sheer delusion - blurted out.
The more people try to confront them with reality, the more unhinged their insistence that it doesn’t exist.
People nearby see that the train has left the station.
It’s something to see. The last glimmer of ability to think rationally has gone out.
They fold in on themselves.
It doesn’t improve until the person has been pulled out of the situation where they are being subjected to public shame.
With Trump, they could distract or condone him off from the news but I don’t see how they could do that effectively.
More likely this spiral continues...
...alternating between speeding up and slowing down... seems to stabilize and then accelerate...
...until the vast majority of onlookers are staring wide-eyed, realizing what they’re seeing is a person who has entirely “lost it”.
I’m not worried abt him starting a war.
I’m concerned about the possibility he might melt down just fast enough to do more crazy sh** like pulling troops out of Syria while not going over a cliff so fast that enough for people to unanimously realize he needs to be stripped of power.
A full implosion would be less bad.
The most damaging part of the narc meltdown I lived through was the descent not the bottom.
You can do a lot of bad things and get a lot of people to help you when you’re on the way down but they don’t see it.
Just gotta watch from here. A slight stabilizing wouldn’t help...
If I had my choice, I’d rather he fell entirely apart in an unhinged nosedive quickly than slowly spiraled earthward while doing damaging things on the way.
The latter is really unfun to live through.
Either way, we’ll live. Just a matter of how long and bumpy the ride will be.

Excellent post.
This is just fundamental psychology, and experience talking. Anyone who has seen a narcissist crash has seen this game before (actually, his entire path has been utterly predictable). He’s a narcissist, doing what narcissists do. The only question is what damage he does as he falls apart.

28 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

This Mattis thing is interesting. I have one friend who has remained loyal to Trump through everything. It’s actually caused an immense strain on our friendship. The other night he finally said something slightly negative about Trump. He wants so badly to side with Mattis, and I can see his insides raging. It’s quite enjoyable. By the end of the conversation, he couldn’t back up a single one of his talking points anymore. Maybe it just takes one chink in the armor...

Ceausescu thought he still had it rolling until late December 89, and found out real fast people turned once the cracks appear.

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Excellent post.
This is just fundamental psychology, and experience talking. Anyone who has seen a narcissist crash has seen this game before (actually, his entire path has been utterly predictable). He’s a narcissist, doing what narcissists do. The only question is what damage he does as he falls apart.

Read her pinned tweet. It goes right to the heart of it. 

May I present to you Trump, First of His Name, Father of Beavis & Butthead, Breaker of Children's Dreams, Ruiner of Economies, Skin of Orange & Hair of Endless Swirls, Traitor, Conman, PT Barnum's Greatest Carnival Barker, and President of the United States!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

From @hoarsewhisperer

I’ve watched a profound narcissist suffer a complete psychological break.

Today’s Trump tweets remind me of that spiral.

Since a few asked, where that spiral goes (before I go run my last Xmas errands):

Increasingly irrational, utter rejection of facts and reality, spirals down into fully believing a fictitious personal narrative, says increasingly bonkers things, shuffles their inner circle.

It’s just a lot of unhinged, manic-feeling delusion and outbursts.

They can’t handle reality and construct an increasingly fictitious version in their heads: they aren’t failing; they’re winning - and people are just trying to hurt them.

It’s just sheer delusion - blurted out.

The more people try to confront them with reality, the more unhinged their insistence that it doesn’t exist.

People nearby see that the train has left the station.

It’s something to see. The last glimmer of ability to think rationally has gone out.

They fold in on themselves.

It doesn’t improve until the person has been pulled out of the situation where they are being subjected to public shame.

With Trump, they could distract or condone him off from the news but I don’t see how they could do that effectively.

More likely this spiral continues...

...alternating between speeding up and slowing down... seems to stabilize and then accelerate...

...until the vast majority of onlookers are staring wide-eyed, realizing what they’re seeing is a person who has entirely “lost it”.

I’m not worried abt him starting a war.

I’m concerned about the possibility he might melt down just fast enough to do more crazy sh** like pulling troops out of Syria while not going over a cliff so fast that enough for people to unanimously realize he needs to be stripped of power.

A full implosion would be less bad.

The most damaging part of the narc meltdown I lived through was the descent not the bottom.

You can do a lot of bad things and get a lot of people to help you when you’re on the way down but they don’t see it.

Just gotta watch from here. A slight stabilizing wouldn’t help...

If I had my choice, I’d rather he fell entirely apart in an unhinged nosedive quickly than slowly spiraled earthward while doing damaging things on the way.

The latter is really unfun to live through.

Either way, we’ll live. Just a matter of how long and bumpy the ride will be.

This is exactly what is happening. Except its not just some dude you know. It’s some dude who happens to be the most powerful individual on the planet. It’s beyond time for the adults to step in. Hope they do. Merry Christmas. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I had three on my feed that posted that Trump was the first president to have ever spoken at the Naval Academy.  (He had just given the graduation speech.)  They slurped that up with no critical thought at all.  

All you have to do is google search and see almost every President since Teddy Roosevelt has spoken to the midshipman. Obama twice. 

He’s a piece of shit.  I have gotten his supporters in my family to admit that even.  He’s simply a piece of shit.  

There was an one pager in the back of esquire or GQ or something many years ago applying and describing the taxonomy of things like douchebag, asshole, cunt, dick, prick, jerk, etc.  Donald Trump is the definition of a piece of shit. 

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

May I present to you Trump, First of His Name, Father of Beavis & Butthead, Breaker of Children's Dreams, Ruiner of Economies, Skin of Orange & Hair of Endless Swirls, Traitor, Conman, PT Barnum's Greatest Carnival Barker, and President of the United States!

Where's the Ayatollah of RocknRolla when you need him?

imgur

Actually, I guess Lord Humungus will have a niche ready to fill pretty soon.

Better stock up on shoulder pads.

• Like 1
This is exactly what is happening. Except its not just some dude you know. It’s some dude who happens to be the most powerful individual on the planet. It’s beyond time for the adults to step in. Hope they do. Merry Christmas. 

It was a really tough choice in 2016 though, because I hate liberals and am a petulant little bitch.

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm gonna guess, with no research whatsoever, that almost every sitting President since the founding of the Naval Academy has spoken there.  Maybe a few missed.

See how easy that was?  With zero research, you were able to exercise some critical thought with some healthy skepticism and realize that he Russian twitter bot was promoting fake news.

“Little Timmy, the “so called” seven year old that still falsely believes in Santa really needs to get his act together.  His parents are democrats and divorced so that should tell you something.,. Also I hear their here on an overstayed visa from Honduras so ICE will be at there house shortly.”

#MAGA

• Like 2
  • Haha 1