Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Interestingly, only the President has this information.  No other news source has confirmed or corroborated:

Tariffs aren’t really the main issue for US/ China trade. It is other barriers to market entry for US firms to be able to sell to Chinese consumers and lack of other protections (eg IP/ tech theft)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Interestingly, only the President has this information.  No other news source has confirmed or corroborated:

Given that the president doesn't even know who the party is who pays a tariff, it seems likely he could negotiate a great trade deal.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

...and after Trump's Mar-A-Lago clientele grift the taxpayers and monkey wrench the VA, Pubs will turn around and say "See? Government can't do anything right."

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

"Marvel Entertainment chairman Ike Perlmutter, West Palm Beach physician Bruce Moskowitz and lawyer Marc Sherman — part of the president’s circle at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida — reviewed a confidential draft of a $10 billion government contract for the electronic-records project, even though they lack any relevant expertise."

The same can be said about the president and most of his administration so that should come as no surprise. I think it was George Will who called it "improvisational amateurism." It's a bunch of people who don't know what they're doing just making it up as they go along. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

This assumes he gives a shit about his children.

Only to the extent it reflects on him.  If they pull a Cohen (which seems unlikely) he'd turn on them in a second.

Ivanka might though.  She seems like the only one who has any path out of this.

• Like 1

Exactly.

Obviously, I'm leaving Baron and Tiffany out.  Baron is too young to be wrapped up in any of this and Tiffany is the only grown one who has shown sense enough to stay away from it all.

Junior/Fredo and Young Frakenstein are too wrapped up in Daddy's business.  

Ivanka could find a way out as she seems to have been treading the line between "Oh Daddy, do it [sympathetic/popular thing X] for me" and "I had nothing to do with [insert controversial issue X]."

Edited by Chad Fuck

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

And I'm sure they're excited you're coming... not. Considering that Barbara specifically requested that he not attend her funeral. I shudder to think what we'll be talking about after he attends. You just know he'll make it all about himself. 

It's probably a little more outside the norm to not invite a sitting POTUS to the funeral of a former POTUS.

Yep. He had to be included in this one.

BUT... note how so many prominent folks, including prominent Repubs, have been taking about GHWB’s great integrity, and placing country over self? There will be a lot of that at the funeral. It will be both indirect and direct trolling/rebukes of DOTUS.

He won’t be able to help himself, and will attack the speakers immediately after the service. That’s right, DOTUS is going to give a self-indulgent negative Yelp review of a state funeral. Bet on it.
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think it is finally dawning on him that he's not going to get away with it and he's going to fucking prison forever.

No. He is a narcissist. He will never admit that the house is on fire.

What you are seeing is a man who is completely lost, who has no idea what is going on, what he is supposed to do, where he is supposed to go, and who all these people are. In short, beginning stages of dementia or Alzheimer's.

Which is why his face lights up when he sees Putin. Putin is a recognizable face. (Probably because Putin likes eye contact as he's getting blown, but I digress).