Mr. Tuberville goads to Washington

Ricky's one-hitter

Watching Tuberville get away with this reminds me of the excuses offered in the face of inaction on unchecked gun violence. We’re told there’s nothing more that can be done. Likewise, we hear that the Senate custom that grants Tuberville the “courtesy” to wreak havoc within the military, is sacrosanct. Really? Why not suspend or do away with a harmful anachronism that does more harm than good?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/27/2023 at 2:47 PM, SydneyCarton said:

You're witnessing a preview of what the GOP will do if Trump wins again and they basically defund the goverment and fire everyone in the establishment with any institutional knowledge. 

They'd attempt to install only military leaders loyal to the orange god so that they'll let him coup his way to the presidency for life. Fortunately, people who make it that far in the military aren't braindead morons like today's gqp. I always belived that if donald ordered them to do something stupid like nuke Ukraine or invade Greenland they'd say "yeah we're not gonna do that, get fucked."

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

With all of those fuckups, dumb fucking beliefs, and snowflake attitudes, It's amazing that he's not a Texas Senator or Rep.

That's only because there was an easier race to run against in Alabama against Doug Jones. 

Doug Jones is 1000000000x the human being Tommy T is. 

As Newsweek points out in their coverage of this clip, Tuberville yucked it up with reporters back in July over Biden experiencing a similar difficulty, saying, "You watch Joe Biden over in Europe. I mean, I'm afraid he's going to fall down every time I turn on television." 

of course. Being a dick is on-brand.

The Fifty Yard Line is the restaurant from which Tommy Tuberville suddenly ( and miraculously) disappeared as the end of his tenure at Tech drew nigh. Rumor/ joke was that he crawled out of the bathroom window to avoid being seen leaving a recruiting dinner.   Someone finally did this..

Tubby.jpg

1 hour ago, gernblansten said:

Tuberville is like Tech took Mike Leach and stripped away all the intelligence, personality, innovation and fun.

Don't leave out integrity.

It's too bad that history didn't twist just a little where somehow Mike Leach ended up as an Alabama Senator. He'd be GOP, possibly a Covid denier, and yes he'd shut down all the Military promotions too. But it wouldn't be about abortion, it'd be because he read some odd 1797 law that guaranteed the construction of navigable canals to every single county, and Leach would demand they be dug, to the exact specifications of the law.

"They say I'm blocking promotions. OK? Like that is BULLSHIT. Yeah I said BULLSHIT. They could vote on every promotion if they weren't afraid to WORK, but their fat little mistresses say 'Ooh, Senator Grubelflocker, you're TOO IMPORTANT to work.' I guess we think we're just a little too good to follow canal law. Yeah. We're just a little too good to do it right. Well you know what I think? I think this is like when Jean Lafitte was "trapped" up a bayou and the British knew they had him, had that old pirate trapped. And when they got enough troops together, they went up in there to catch him, and he was GONE. Dug a canal and GONE, A CANAL."

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

It's too bad that history didn't twist just a little where somehow Mike Leach ended up as an Alabama Senator. He'd be GOP, possibly a Covid denier, and yes he'd shut down all the Military promotions too. But it wouldn't be about abortion, it'd be because he read some odd 1797 law that guaranteed the construction of navigable canals to every single county, and Leach would demand they be dug, to the exact specifications of the law.
"They say I'm blocking promotions. OK? Like that is BULLSHIT. Yeah I said BULLSHIT. They could vote on every promotion if they weren't afraid to WORK, but their fat little mistresses say 'Ooh, Senator Grubelflocker, you're TOO IMPORTANT to work.' I guess we think we're just a little too good to follow canal law. Yeah. We're just a little too good to do it right. Well you know what I think? I think this is like when Jean Lafitte was "trapped" up a bayou and the British knew they had him, had that old pirate trapped. And when they got enough troops together, they went up in there to catch him, and he was GONE. Dug a canal and GONE, A CANAL."

See…this is all I ask. As my republic shatters, at least let the clowns be men who entertain me. Leach would have done that.
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

• 3 weeks later...

https://newrepublic.com/post/176540/tommy-tuberville-military-hold-marine-commander-heart-attack

The commandant of the USMC just had a heart attack and is hospitalized and this fuck nugget is actively blocking promotions and causing real problems in the military. This is not the time to be playing games with our armed forces, unless you're on putins payroll

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

https://newrepublic.com/post/176540/tommy-tuberville-military-hold-marine-commander-heart-attack

The commandant of the USMC just had a heart attack and is hospitalized and this fuck nugget is actively blocking promotions and causing real problems in the military. This is not the time to be playing games with our armed forces, unless you're on putins payroll

Republicans won't do anything about him, because this is who they are - they hate the military. There is no other explanation for why they tolerate Tuberville's bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 4