Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

This is my 1st time entering this thread & based on reading the last few pages... is it safe to assume that the the rest of CFB has caught up to Aggy when it comes to  "NIL" (both legal & illegal) & that's why they are no longer dominating recruiting like they did last recruiting cycle?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If they have another 8-4-ish season to boot, Ritz Bitz faces a tough row to hoe for the 2023 signing classes and beyond. 

I'm guessing this will also result in a lot of portal entries.  Believe it was Stewart and Nolan were both being interviewed and said if aggy isn't in the top 10 they are going to have a problem.

13 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

This, and they really think they’re only taking three 3-stars? Lol.

I saw that two of the 3 three stars are already committed, and went ahead and assumed that the lineman is as well and that’s the only reason there are any 3 stars on the list.  But they’ve been talking up the lb since his commitment so I’m sure those guys are all just under ranked, and the punter doesn’t count.

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'm guessing this will also result in a lot of portal entries.  Believe it was Stewart and Nolan were both being interviewed and said if aggy isn't in the top 10 they are going to have a problem.

Finish the season as a top 10 CFB program or have the '23 recruiting class finish in the top 10.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Looch is saying Muhammed could go either way then I think we all know which way he's leaning.

Kid Black GIF - Kid Black Sweat - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

…the Fashionista?

That is exactly what I caught. Is that a thing? Is this a dig because Loreal is a fashion consultant? Or is it just because he doesn't show up to events in junior cowboy boots and a cocktail napkin bandana around his neck?

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looch is getting antsy

Do you think other schools (tu, Oregon, Louisville) are offering less kosher "NIL" deals due to the rumors of us doing it and they're trying to keep up?

I won't say who, but my answer is an unequivocal YES.

he clearly has nothing or he would say it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Amazing that he isn’t noting that A&M was somehow in the front on a 5 star CB FROM Alabama. Either they set a high price early on and expected to win or the kid was using them as a stalking horse. There is no other reason. No Alabama CB would look at the two schools and think College Station was the choice without considerable compensation. 

Nope. Has to be that Bama paid him a lot. 

Edited by Dr. Teeth
  • Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looch is getting antsy

Wow. Klubnik and Weigman better prospects than Arch? Ok…..

If Arch played at Westlake he’d throw for 5,000 yards and lead Westlake to an undefeated state champion season

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Looch is getting antsy

Is Sark the Fashionista? wtf?

Also lol at saying Sark got fired from his previous 2 head coaching gigs. Apparently leaving UW to take the USC job counts as getting fired in Looch's book. Good fact checking Billy! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That 3-13 passing in the spring game just scares QB recruits to death.

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/texas-aggies-spring-game-live-updates#gid=ci029e4787f00026ec&pid=img_c6456e442c29-1

King 6/15, 51 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT, 30 Rush Yds, 1 Rush TD

Max Johnson, 12/24, 120 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT, 81 Rush Yds

Conner Weigman, 3/13, 68 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

Jimbo the QB whisperer was at work during that Spring game.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

That will be most Saturdays for them this fall.  Max is a left handed Calzada.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

17 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Weigman still has lots to prove at college level too. In HS he was great but he also ran the ball a lot (far and away his team's leading rusher). Teams had to stop his running first which opened up his passing game. I'm not sure Jimbo wants his QBs running anymore...

Running a train on his wife maybe... 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Didn't realize Shanahan was a 3* on 247.  Rivals rating really propping him up.

Screenshot_20220705-164649_Chrome.jpg

On3 has him 52nd in the state, so right around 247, meaning Rivals is the massive outlier, which pretty much always means they’re in the wrong. I can’t wait to see all the aggy sites, including gigem247, listing onto his rivals rating if he commits. 

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Saban knows how important that is from a perception standpoint to a Tide fan base that he was basically shaming his donors into stepping up the Crimson Tide NIL game in order to 'keep up' with the Texas A&Ms of the world.

Thank you, Billy, for a fairly succinct illustration of why people hate the Aggies. No, it's not because they're worried about keeping up with you. It's because you think that anyone is worried about keeping up with 8T4. It's elevated to hilarity that you name Saban and Alabama as worried about perception and having to shame Bama donors to act before the sleeping giant awakes and kills everybody.

And what the hell did Billy mean by "fashionista?"

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That will be most Saturdays for them this fall.  Max is a left handed Calzada.

It will be interesting to see Max's numbers last year vs. this year. LSU's offense was awful, but Max had a decent year stat wise. Jimbo's QBs have posted 24-20-19-17 HRs in successive seasons. Max had 27 last year for LSU.

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It will be interesting to see Max's numbers last year vs. this year. LSU's offense was awful, but Max had a decent year stat wise. Jimbo's QBs have posted 24-20-19-17 HRs in successive seasons. Max had 27 last year for LSU.

But what was his batting average?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

8T4

I'm writing this on behalf of the greatest sports franchise in the history of the world, and the proud flagship university of the Great State of Texas: The Texas Fighting Aggies.

I request that you cease any continuing or future uses of your trademark 8T4.  Absent a prompt resolution, I will recommend my lawyer of the greatest law school of all time, Texas A&M University - Online School of Law at Fort Worth, take appropriate legal action to protect our proprietary rights. Any further infringing activity occuring after the receipt of this letter shall be considered a willful infringement. 

Please understand that this trademark, 8T4, was earned through generations of hard work and unwavering consistency to the greatest record in the history of American sports: 8-4

Sincerely,

Billy Goat Liucci and the 12 Ewes

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I'm writing this on behalf of the greatest sports franchise in the history of the world, and the proud flagship university of the Great State of Texas: The Texas Fighting Aggies.

I request that you cease any continuing or future uses of your trademark 8T4.  Absent a prompt resolution, I will recommend my lawyer of the greatest law school of all time, Texas A&M University - Online School of Law at Fort Worth, take appropriate legal action to protect our proprietary rights. Any further infringing activity occuring after the receipt of this letter shall be considered a willful infringement. 

Please understand that this trademark, 8T4, was earned through generations of hard work and unwavering consistency to the greatest record in the history of American sports: 8-4

Sincerely,

Billy Goat Liucci and the 12 Ewes

I'm sure Blacklab has been sued for less.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

King 6/15, 51 yds, 0 TD, 2 INT, 30 Rush Yds, 1 Rush TD

Max Johnson, 12/24, 120 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT, 81 Rush Yds

Conner Weigman, 3/13, 68 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

--------------------------------------------------

Jimbo the QB whisperer was at work during that Spring game.

Those QB's were going against the vaunted aggy wreckin crew during that Spring game.

Their numbers will be much better against mere SEC defenses.