Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

I just hope the Ewer's make the decision soon. All the clowns covering this and throwing out salacious BS, talking to you Ketch and your comment of 1st round money, this is becoming a circus. Not blaming the Ewers family, it just is what it is. 

Like everything else our program tries to do, Geoff Ketchum won't be satisfied until he has destroyed it. You almost begin to wonder who he works for.

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

Everyone is eager to see this come to some kind of close, but my advice is to chill. I havent been monitoring much today, and I likely wont tomorrow either. I don't know when this deal is happening, but I'll be checking more Thursday and Friday, even Saturday. If he decides before that then I will be pleasantly surprised. I'm comfortable with our position. 

If he's truly interested in bringing 2022 recruits with him then he has to know that by Saturday morning it needs to be announced to give his new school's staff time to communicate with those recruits.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, texifornia said:

As opposed to the many on-campus visits where team reporters say "he thought the campus was unexceptional and the head coach a bit uncharismatic."

That reminds me of my wife’s scouting report on my sexual abilities to her friend:

he has a big penis but he doesn’t seem to be good at the whole sex thing. I guess there’s potential there but not if he doesn’t do any better than that. Will give it a couple more dates to see if it works out. 

17 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Everyone is eager to see this come to some kind of close, but my advice is to chill. I havent been monitoring much today, and I likely wont tomorrow either. I don't know when this deal is happening, but I'll be checking more Thursday and Friday, even Saturday. If he decides before that then I will be pleasantly surprised. I'm comfortable with our position. 

Thank you. I’ll keep F5’ing my screen anyways.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

@DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt would you tell these people that @derpyhorndog already answered it with rutabaga and tungsten so we can move on to the next sidebar?

I was told by my Swedish friend the other 2 are:

Ombudsman and moped

I reject tungsten and rutabaga*

*unless @derpyhorndog is Swedish

1 minute ago, Ignatius said:

I think the only Grandys left in Texas are in the metroplex but might be wrong. I went to the one in Plano right off of central 4-5 years ago but that might be long gone…

Sorry to keep this segue going, but, I happened to drive past a Grandy’s near downtown Garland the other evening. I had no idea they were still still open. I also had no idea Garland has a “downtown”

TLDR; Garland sucks, and tomorrow is Quinnsday

37 minutes ago, NevaLost said:

I've been somewhat impressed with the tech message board snippets, they're about 1% as batshit and up their own ass as TexAgs

Tech is largely a pretty good fanbase pre-gameday bender. My whole family and some great friends are all tech alums and they are smart and realistic about who they are. They like being the underdog and don't honestly believe they will ever be a blue blood. This leads to sane and rational conversations for the most part. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

ha!  I grew up with Jason McMinn in Waco and we played baseball together for years.  Will text and revert!

Given the dearth of speculation/updates, figured I'd note that I messaged @Ravishing Rick to see what is buddy said re Ewers. Message was read an hour ago (no reply) and Rick is live on surly, which I can't read to mean anything other than put QE in the calculator. Going to sign off and pass the torch to night crew in comfort with that knowledge. 

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust