The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

10 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Mike "numb nuts" Lee had a mask, but wore it on his right hand. Smart, very smart.

He was in a Senate Judiciary meeting while feeling symptoms (and not wearing a mask).  

Those in attendance included Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), John Cornyn (R-Texas), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Mike Crapo (R-Idaho), Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Chris Coons (D-Del.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Lee.

Klo and Booker are probably in good enough shape to beat it.  I’ll trade Feinstein and the other D’s if the full R contingent gets wiped out.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 2

A bunch of people in a vulnerable age group got Covid. Even if only one of them got it the chances are north of 1%. I realize you still think this is the flu, and that is because you are a fucking idiot. 

I’ve never once said this is the flu. But as long as you get to say “fucking idiot” like a tough guy, then keep making shit up to do so.

A bunch of vulnerable people who have access to tests at moments notice so the infection will be treated right away. Ok sorry. Maybe the olds have a 1% chance of dying, per case.

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He was in a Senate Judiciary meeting while feeling symptoms (and not wearing a mask).  

Those in attendance included Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), John Cornyn (R-Texas), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Mike Crapo (R-Idaho), Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), Chris Coons (D-Del.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Lee.

Klo and Booker are probably in good enough shape to beat it.  I’ll trade Feinstein and the other D’s if the full R contingent gets wiped out.

tenor.gif

For the entire population that gets it. It’s quite a bit scarier when broken down for old and fat people however. 

I agree....but they’re still going to treatment in the early stages of infection vs the average fat joe that can’t or won’t get tested a few times a week. Don’t let Hobbs know that or he’ll say something mean

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Has he ever expressed uncertainty like that before? Jesus. 

Fwiw, I don’t think he’s that sick & I bet he survives. However I do think anxiety is making things worse for him. I also think he actually asked to spend a few days at Reed as a precaution. He’s realizing he’s not invincible and it’s scaring the fuck out of him.

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 1

I appreciate the approach that Biden is taking in appealing to the best in us and reaffirming our shared humanity, something that’s yet another casualty of the Trump era. It’s healthy to take this high road. It’s a real sign of leadership that has been sorely lacking.

On the other hand, we’re talking about a group of people who, though cynical inaction and politicizing reality, have a pretty massive body count of American lives. I have several important people in my life that might be still alive had we had any kind of national action. How much weight do these deaths fall on the shoulders those at the Rose Garden COVID party and ultimately Trump’s failure to lead? They bear some responsibility. That’s the gig they signed up for and clearly they’ve done much worse than most of the world. And of course the ethos of “fuck your feelings” and “I don’t care, do you?” doesn’t have much worthwhile to say about empathy.

It’s best for us to follow Biden’s lead and reassert goodness and humanity (it’s the only way out of this dark pit), but I don’t know how to justify feeling superior to someone feeling indifference or even a sense of justice at the current turn of events. If this were a movie, we’d all be cheering at the cosmic justice.

It isn’t a movie though, and real people have been hurt and killed. Truthfully, we’ve all probably been hurt by our failed COVID response in many ways. Feeling a sense of justice is a pretty normal and human reaction, even if it isn’t best or healthy for us.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’ve never once said this is the flu. But as long as you get to say “fucking idiot” like a tough guy, then keep making shit up to do so.

A bunch of vulnerable people who have access to tests at moments notice so the infection will be treated right away. Ok sorry. Maybe the olds have a 1% chance of dying, per case.

So you admit your initial post was wrong by at least a factor of 30. Pretty idiotic, right?

Edited by Dahobbs

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Has he ever expressed uncertainty like that before? Jesus. 

Fwiw, I don’t think he’s that sick & I bet he survives. However I do think anxiety is making things worse for him. I also think he actually asked to spend a few days at Reed as a precaution. He’s realizing he’s not invincible and it’s scaring the fuck out of him.

I don't think he composed that tweet. My guess is that he's dead asleep right now. 

So you admit your initial post was wrong by at least a factor of 30. Pretty idiotic, right?

You said it was north of 1% a case can die. Half of these infectees the last 24 hrs are under 50 and have virtually no chance at dying. If the guy sitting behind Conway in the super spreader pic catches it though, all of my numbers are thrown out the window

21 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

"That is such a smart point" is a phrase that should never be uttered after something Gaetz says. 

Carlson should be hung for treason.  Or eat a bullet or 12 from a firing squad.  Treason.  Don’t even give him a proper burial.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Carlson should be hung for treason.  Or eat a bullet or 12 from a firing squad.  Treason.  Don’t even give him a proper burial.  

I would just throw a jars of honey at his balls while he is tied up next to a fire ant mound. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

My parents are in their mid 70s. They’re kind, thoughtful, and well-educated. They went full Trump. I think the COVID issue has turned them a bit, but they’ve made a pretty dramatic transformation from the people they were 10 years ago (a common sentiment here). The last time we visited, Tucker was appointment TV for them. Any event for the day had to be evaluated through the Tucker worldview. It’s such a powerful and destructive tool.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mole said:

I appreciate the approach that Biden is taking in appealing to the best in us and reaffirming our shared humanity, something that’s yet another casualty of the Trump era. It’s healthy to take this high road. It’s a real sign of leadership that has been sorely lacking.

On the other hand, we’re talking about a group of people who, though cynical inaction and politicizing reality, have a pretty massive body count of American lives. I have several important people in my life that might be still alive had we had any kind of national action. How much weight do these deaths fall on the shoulders those at the Rose Garden COVID party and ultimately Trump’s failure to lead? They bear some responsibility. That’s the gig they signed up for and clearly they’ve done much worse than most of the world. And of course the ethos of “fuck your feelings” and “I don’t care, do you?” doesn’t have much worthwhile to say about empathy.

It’s best for us to follow Biden’s lead and reassert goodness and humanity (it’s the only way out of this dark pit), but I don’t know how to justify feeling superior to someone feeling indifference or even a sense of justice at the current turn of events. If this were a movie, we’d all be cheering at the cosmic justice.

It isn’t a movie though, and real people have been hurt and killed. Truthfully, we’ve all probably been hurt by our failed COVID response in many ways. Feeling a sense of justice is a pretty normal and human reaction, even if it isn’t best or healthy for us.

you always want someone to do good.  but if that person ends up not doing good, you just hope it stops there.  you never actually picture the president doing bad.  that's the problem with trump.  he doesn't lie by dodging truth.  he lies by saying the 180 degree opposite answer.  he's not saving lives, that's fine.  i can be fine with someone not saving lives.  but he's killing people.  and they're enabling him.  i don't care, do you?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread