The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

Just now, Mo Horn said:

I'm not doubting that the positive test is real. But what if he's totally asymptomatic but wants to play this to hilt to get all the political benefit that he can get?  Spend a few days at Walter Reed just hanging out. Then he "recovers" and gets a bounce in the polls.  

Do you know anyone that wasn’t going to vote for him that will now?

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

I'm not doubting that the positive test is real. But what if he's totally asymptomatic but wants to play this to hilt to get all the political benefit that he can get?  Spend a few days at Walter Reed just hanging out. Then he "recovers" and gets a bounce in the polls.  

I was trying to figure out if there was anyway this could help him and I honestly don't see it. I don't imagine anyone who was voting for Biden switches over because he contracts COVID, hell most voting for Biden are rooting for the Virus right now.

These weren't played all in a row, but I did enjoy most of the song choices on KEXP.org this morning.

Instant Karma!
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
Straight to Hell
Ship of Fools
Float On
Sympathy for the Devil
Touch Me I'm Sick
Crazy Train
Infected
Karma Police
Karma Chameleon
World Destruction
The Order of Death
In the Air Tonight

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Also, so does this mean the next debate is on Zoom? 

It’s been confirmed, and will be a town hall format. If you have a question you can submit it to:

Z Double-O M

PO Box 3-5-OHHH

Boston, Mass

OHHHHHHH-2-1-3-4

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I am afraid so.

I think concern and sympathy are distinct.

The news cycle is very short, and let's face it, this is a huge story.  So, it's going to get covered straight up for a couple of days (at least while he's in the hospital).  After that, all bets are off.  If he looks like he'll be fine, which is more likely than not, he'll be mocked relentlessly for being reckless and that he failed to protect himself, his wife, and his staff.  Oh, and the press members that get it are also going to tell their story and it won't be good.

Edited by SizzleChest

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

No one is sympathetic for him except those on his side. He did this to himself.

This is kind of embarrassing for the USA.  Boris got it early on.  Bolsinaro got it by being a dumb ass and because Brazil.

We are 7 months into this in MF USA.

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

I see there are still people who think this is somehow going to be a positive for his campaign.

I mean if they can just haul his ass around Weekend at Bernies style and he doesn't say shit, I'd think that's a net positive.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, B00M said:

I just hope 2 things

1.  He doesn't shit on masks for failing to prevent his infection

2.  He gets it severely enough to respect it moving forward but not so badly he dies

Man have you not been watching the last 4 years. He already shit on masks saying Hope Hicks wears lots of masks. If he recovers he will say see, open up the damn economy nothing to see here screw the experts.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m sure this has been asked, but if he dies what happens to all the votes for him that have already been cast?
I believe we vote for Rep/Dem Electors based on the names on ballot. Electors will (in theory) vote for the eventual replacement.

3 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

This is kind of embarrassing for the USA.  Boris got it early on.  Bolsinaro got it by being a dumb ass and because Brazil.

We are 7 months into this in MF USA.

He’s been our embarrassment for years and years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

What benefit?  No one is changing their vote if he gets better.   His base will scream louder but so what?

3 hours ago, softlynow said:

This is a good lie. By claiming the severity is in the middle of the scale, we're all left guessing if it's actually mild or severe. Well done.

He hasn't been on twitter since just after midnight, and even that was probably a staffer.

Trump is all about image.   This is a guy who tries to keep his medical checkups on the down low, and who pretends he's under 245.

No way in hell he was airlifted by Marine One to Walter Reed in broad daylight unless it was more than "moderate", because it's around 8-9 miles to Walter Reed from the White House.  

If it was actually moderate, Trump would have made sure to be photographed walking to the limo, would have taken questions from the media, would have said "you know, it's these doctors, they want me to get checked out, and I'm trying to do work for the American people, but they keep telling me "Mr. President, I think we should take you to the hospital, so I'm going to go, because they asked nicely, and they are some of the best doctors in the world, right out of central casting.""

Edit: Just saw his video message.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

This administration is exhausting.

Looking forward to 11AM game v. TCU, where hopefully, the horns pull it all together and bring me an afternoon of relaxation.

But its 2020, so probably not.

How many times are they gonna have to test Fatterson on the sidelines?  

8 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Point of order here.  I think it could be objectively stated that Donald Trump's death would save thousands of lives.  It would cause innumerable people to finally take this thing seriously and wear a fucking mask and practice social distancing, rather than running around saying it's all a "hoax."

I'm not cheering for anyone's death for the sake of anyone dying.  But if you can objectively say that one person's death would save thousands of lives, isn't that worth discussing in a positive light?

Its the Trump trolley problem

6J4MVi.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to The Trump + Covid thread