Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

47 minutes ago, LonghornBreeder said:

Does anyone have a high-res puc or video of the Taafe interception around 9:30 of the 4th Q? I think that was the play where it looked like Sorrell was carrying a choke-holding Mormon like a backpack to the QB.

Left guard holding, right guard grabbing the face mask, and the running back just straight up tackling.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

52 minutes ago, Cajun said:

^That is “case closed” shit.  It’s not even close to debatable.

what I think would be even more telling would be the stats of total penalties called the week before a team plays Texas, and the week after they play Texas, vs their calls vs Texas.    and maybe even delve in more detail and show the number of holds/DPI thrown in those before and after games. 

If the stats show what we think they do, that would be a hell of a fucking story for a reporter to make.   especially if its as blatant as   4-5  more penalties called per game not playing Texas with at least 1 hold/DPI  vs the week they played Texas, getting none. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

it seems the big 12 just doesn’t call penalties. 11 of 14 are 90+ for opponent penalties per game. OU, BYU and West Virginia are the exceptions

IMG_5847.jpeg

Which helps the inferior team that commits more fouls to avoid more negative plays. 

and makes it feel even more painful when they do call the superior team for something when they let almost everything slide.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Because they like to spend 7 minutes reviewing an obvious penalty so they can declare there was no penalty. 

Or reviewing a penalty-free play, so they can then decide to call a new phantom penalty on Texas upon review.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

2022 bama and 2015 oksu are the worst officiated games ive ever seen. No hyperbole

2022 Ok State

Texas: 14-119

Ok State: 0-0

I'd say those are the 3 worst in the Big 12 era In order: 2015 Ok State, 2022 Ok State, 2022 Bama

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well at least there should be no penalties on either team when we play Iowa State.

Guarantee you they will still bitch like they bitched about the no-call on the supposed targeting last year.

You know, when their QB dove head first to get a first down and got popped. Targeting according to RGIII what a dumbass

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Guarantee you they will still bitch like they bitched about the no-call on the supposed targeting last year.

You know, when their QB dove head first to get a first down and got popped. Targeting according to RGIII what a dumbass

I was at that game. IIRC, Their QB tried to split defenders and paid the price. I was still shocked that BigXii officials didn’t throw a flag for targeting.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1

2015 was different because it was blatant for what they actually called.  They called back multiple TDs and big plays, then basically gifted OSU the game winner.  Don't think I'll ever see anything like it again.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

24 minutes ago, JBJ said:

2015 was different because it was blatant for what they actually called.  They called back multiple TDs and big plays, then basically gifted OSU the game winner.  Don't think I'll ever see anything like it again.

We still got four (hopefully five with Rig 12 'ship) games to play.   We still haven't seen Kevin Mar's crew  a second time and  we will certainly see David Alvarez's crew  again.  Both of those guys and their crews are well documented with their fuckery against us.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I didn't get to watch a ton of it.  But I did see them get actually get called for holding.  Which I enjoyed.

That's going to be one of my favorite things about our move to the SEC. Can't wait to see how well OU does when they can't hold at will. 

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

On 10/30/2023 at 7:34 AM, Nivek said:

The same d-line that pushed Alabama around suddenly cannot get any pressure within conference play. I guess all conference opponents have perfect offensive lines.

Texas is first in the BIg 12 in rushing defense and tied for second in sacks.  So it certainly seems you’re getting *some* pressure. 

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

I sure as fuck hope not, this is the closest i've ever been to breaking my TV by a large margin 

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

I sure as fuck hope not, this is the closest i've ever been to breaking my TV by a large margin 

Same.  Wife banished me to the pack porch because the dog was hiding under the bed.  Fucking DEFENSIVE holding on a D-tackle.  They fucked Poona that game on what was obvious fuckery.  Still gets me hot.  

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Same.  Wife banished me to the pack porch because the dog was hiding under the bed.  Fucking DEFENSIVE holding on a D-tackle.  They fucked Poona that game on what was obvious fuckery.  Still gets me hot.  

The best was the next week they called defensive holding by a DT on our opponent.  As if to say see we call that all the time.  I haven't seen it called since then on anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3