Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

They call that in every league and The NFL. If the defender gets by the OL and they hold it's a hold. Every time. 

I’m not trying to argue. I’m just asking because I’m not sure. But here it is as far as the NFL goes. 
Holding will not be called “if, during a defensive charge, a defensive playeruses a 'rip' technique that puts an offensive player in a position that would normally be holding.” Rule 12, Section 1, Article 3, Note 1.

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

That’s twice now they’ve used that te screen where the linemen jailbreak downfield and the te crosses behind them and appears to catch the ball beyond the los 

Just coming here to say that! So frustrating. And reviewable, as well. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

I’m not trying to argue. I’m just asking because I’m not sure. But here it is as far as the NFL goes. 
Holding will not be called “if, during a defensive charge, a defensive playeruses a 'rip' technique that puts an offensive player in a position that would normally be holding.” Rule 12, Section 1, Article 3, Note 1.

Most holds get called just like what we saw, a rip and the DL gets by, then the QB scrambles and the OL arm is hooking the DL holding him. 

Any time the offensive linemen is out position (behind) when the DL is past you on the way to the QB, it's pretty much a hold. 

The rip is the first part, but the move past the OL with the OL unable to stay in position draws the hold. 

7 minutes ago, LOHorn said:

Just coming here to say that! So frustrating. And reviewable, as well. 

Only reviewable on Texas

• Hook 'Em 3

Refs were doing their best in the 1st half to give ISU the opportunity to take the lead. When it became clear they couldn’t do it, even with help, in the 3Q they evened it up a little bit at the end. I will say though. That illegal formation penalty was a killer for ISU. Correctly called, but not one that I expected.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

It was illegal touching, no matter if he caught it or not.  BS change in call.

I mean, it was BS but same result anyway. It’s weird how they changed the ruling of the thrown hat to a completion, then reviewed, announced illegal touching, THEN changed it to “guy was OB when he touched it”, which he wasn’t.

Another terrible non-call in the 1st half was the non-late hit call on Whittington on the final drive of the 1st half. It was so bad. Whittington was 4 or 5 yards out of bounds and tackled. 

We would have been around the 15 yard line if they make that call. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Assman said:

So do we get Mar for the Tech game to try to keep us out of the championship? Or do we get him in the championship if we win?

I'm waiting for the Alvarez appearance too. He's just as bad or worse. 

These guys tonight were fucking awful. 

5 hours ago, Smax said:

You must be new around here as it goes further back then Sark, NFL scouts were saying it about Texas in the early 2000's

What do different players with different coaches in a different era have to do with the bullshit you’re spewing?

I was in the stadium tonight and saw several bullshit calls and no-calls. That has nothing to do with our players as our players aren’t the ones choosing what calls are and are not made. 

How the fuck do any crew from this shit conference actually continue to have jobs? They're literally the worst of the worst. Who holds these dickheads accountable and allows their blatant bullshit bush league to continue? How are they not fucking penalized? What god damn more evidence does their governing board need to see for them to be held accountable and punished?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

Not being a "Debbie Downer" here. However, rig12 refs screw us over in the next game. Tceh gets a better bowl and we get knocked out of contention for something bigger. Rig12 kicks us in the nuts out the door, while gives tceh a gift. I want so badly to get heck out of here. Lets us hope we stuff those tortillas right up the red raiders butts. :)

6 hours ago, Assman said:

So do we get Mar for the Tech game to try to keep us out of the championship? Or do we get him in the championship if we win?

Given Texas is pretty much a lock, if not already a lock, for the Big 12 title game I kind of wonder if we'll see any of that first half screw job we saw today. Yormark might have his refs call it even enough since his concern is us winning the big 12 and the outcome of the tech game might not matter towards that. He might save it for the title game. 

I feel the officiating in the first half is just too on point to be coincidence. For the last month Texas has won every game by getting out to big first half leads, so in this one against possibly the best team in that stretch on the road, the refs wipe off 2 TDs for Texas in the first half on calls they haven't made against Texas opponents all year. 

It's not just the calls they make. It's a combination of the calls they make vs the fouls they don't call. If you look at it as a whole picture it's clear. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

This is exactly how you know it’s bad bad. 

22 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The worst by far was the dpi.  That ball hit 5 or 6 yards out of bounds and the receiver would have needed to be 12 feet tall to catch it.

To me where the ball hit doesn’t even matter because it wasn’t pass interference regardless 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Fuck you Kurt, you’ve never been with us. just eat shit and shut the fuck up. You’ve got us behind Oregon and I’m sure you’ll move Alabama ahead of us if they beat Georgia 

13 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Then the refs will have to default to “zero holding calls or late hits against OU” that they’ve lived by for 20+ years of conference play. 

Or maybe since the b12 loses either way in this scenario, it will be fairly officiated, and we beat the fuck out of OU in a statement game

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, B00M said:

Fuck you Kurt, you’ve never been with us. just eat shit and shut the fuck up. You’ve got us behind Oregon and I’m sure you’ll move Alabama ahead of us if they beat Georgia 

Or maybe since the b12 loses either way in this scenario, it will be fairly officiated, and we beat the fuck out of OU in a statement game

Yormark wants OU to win if it's a choice between us and them. He didn't go on record calling out OU. We're the big bad guys here as far as he's concerned. 

• Hook 'Em 4