2020 Texas Early Voting Numbers

StassneyHorn

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

1,182,246. Have the highest total of absentee ballots reported to SoS office so far.

Even better. Bexar County had 1,045,357 in 2016.https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/historical/bexar.shtml

Texas as a whole had 15,101,087 registered voters in 2016.  https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/historical/70-92.shtml

Numbers aren't quite in for 2020, but according to the Washington Post last week, "Just since 2016, Texas has added 1,516,349 voters to the registration rolls, nearly double Trump’s margin of victory in 2016 of 807,179 voters." https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/10/04/joe-biden-win-texas/

16 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Relevant tweet from hour ago. If I remember right the last update in August or September was 16.6

image.jpeg.927ad09bc67754b161339bacbb8ad5ff.jpeg

This actually has me really worried, because the Republicans were out there and were a lot more aggressive in registering people door-to-door and with targeted outreach over the past several months.

I don't think Democrats should at all be comfortable that their going to get a majority of those new voters.

Beto, you magnificent bastard.

And I've gotten plenty of different candidates/groups asking us if we are registered, please check, etc., and friends/family have been indicating the same.

Their GOTV efforts have been taken up a notch.

I still think flipping this year is just out-of-reach, but '22/'24 is definitely not.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This actually has me really worried, because the Republicans were out there and were a lot more aggressive in registering people door-to-door and with targeted outreach over the past several months.

I don't think Democrats should at all be comfortable that their going to get a majority of those new voters.

Trump had Hillary and the olds helping him with voter registration in 2016.

I think the voting we saw in 2018 was a wake-up call for the Rs.  Places like Williamson County should not have been seeing the numbers change, that they did.

I've probably had 15 different candidates and organizations text/call me over the past month, asking if I was registered, etc.

It would be cool if we could get some early voting numbers out of places like Williamson County, that were heavily red in the past, 

Edited by atomheartbevo

My gut says the rural areas are pretty capped - they aren't going to be producing many more votes than they did in 2016 (and that's not a joke about the boomers dying off).

When the Texas SecState releases the final numbers, it will be interesting to see what areas saw an increase over 2016.

Beto’s group literally doubled their goal from 1 million to 2 million calls tonight for early voting starting tomorrow.

The 300k increase in registered voters has 100k that his PAC traced to him and I have to believe Snapchats numbers helped along with Facebook (even though Facebook is now for the olds).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

I seem to recall Beto and his group bragging about registering over 100K new voters. I’m not sure the exact total, but I can bet that most of these new voters aren’t rural fucktards who will vote republican no matter what.

I moved into my first home on November 4 2016. Lost my job due to COVID’s effect on the aviation industry. I’m moving to Raleigh for a new position I’m excited about. Tonight is my last night in my house, I have to meet the movers between 8-10, going to try to get to the polling place early enough to vote before then, so hopefully I can skedaddle. Will let y’all know how it goes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Going to the early voting polling locations on day 1 seems like asking for long lines. Like Xmas shopping on Black Friday. Don't we have 14 days of early voting available? 

There is no way I would go on either the first or the last day. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Going to the early voting polling locations on day 1 seems like asking for long lines. Like Xmas shopping on Black Friday. Don't we have 14 days of early voting available? 

Yeah I’m avoiding it like the plague the first week.  Going to go on the 19th or 20th and hope for just a decent line. The lines will be crazier than usual because of Covid and Trump being president. It is what it is I guess.

Didn’t get there as early as I hoped. Half an hour early at Dittmar, nope. Southpark Meadows...bb395c6be4383bd65ce2bf2e9ab210f7.jpg

2ed392d242814a9ccccd130b6ec045a8.jpg

9176d94d99e0786ca3eb8bf35a4c86e4.jpg
Did you manage to vote? I just moved from the Dittmar area. The Randall's at Slaughter and Brodie was always really easy to vote at. Little to no lines, although this year might be different. Lotta olds there.

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

To me it’s setting the tone. The long lines make the news, they show that people care, they make it all more visible and make other people more likely to care.  It’s the same way a touchdown on the first play sets the tone and has a bigger impact on the game even if those 7 points don’t count any more than the other 7 scored in the middle of the 3rd qtr. 

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

Yeah, seems kind of lookatme.  Especially the lining up at 5 am thing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Line all the way around the Audelia Branch Library in Lake Highlands.  It's on!

it was not that long, but I got there around 9am after dropping kids off at school.  I went the Fetz? Beltline location first and it had a much longer line.  Said nope, and matriculated further south towards home.  No craziness.  I think there was maybe one person there that was not there the vote (and not part the of election helpers).  Holding a sign for a local race.

Took about 30 minutes start to finish.  Seemed like lots of people bringing in their voter reg cards to the polling location.  Line was moderately social distanced.  no one was crowding anyone and everyone had masks on.

Other than garnering sympathy from wearing a longhorn face cover, it was a great experience.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

me either...however, i am so super proud of my 18 yoa first time voter niece...

after i explained the hoops she'd have to jump through to absentee vote from UNT, and her concern over shenanigans with mail voting, she caught a ride down here this weekend, did her online classes from home yesterday... and apparently stood in line for 2 hours this morning all by herself in north austin to vote before heading back to Denton 😮😍

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Texas73 said:

Worthless site. We got to the Ben Hur Shrine location at 7:20 and voted at 9:45. Not helpful to say the wait is > 20 minutes. 

Yeah, we'll probably vote there.  Two days from now, in the late afternoon.  Gonna let the rush die down.

The daughter, however, had to vote absentee from out of the country.  Filled out and mailed her ballot on the first day possible.  Already has confirmation that it was received.

My elderly parents are voting by mail, but are dropping their ballots off in person at the County office on Airport.

I just moved to  Austin and got online to confirm that my change of address has gone through, but my registration says it's not valid until 10/26 so I'll be waiting until then to vote. Wasn't planning on going today anyway.

I look forward to checking every single damn box for a Democrat after voting 90% Republican for the last 30+ years. Hard to envision what it would take from the Rs to get me back, as I really don't think that will ever be possible.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Wife and I did drive through voting in Harris county this morning. Took about an hour, but we didn't mind since we had the comfort of the car. We needed to get it done early as possible because she is due at the end of month. And, our four-year old was with his grand parents today, so it was an opportune time to get it done. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

I have friends doing this. Y’all do know you have nearly three weeks to vote early, right?

It’s attention seeking.

Actually it’s Dotard hating. You think any people lined up at 5:00 am in 2016 because they wanted attention? Those people didn’t exist. 

Everyone is tired of his bullshit and wants to get back to their regular lives before this insane narcissist invaded every day of our lives with his constant idiocy. 

Thats worth getting in line at 5:00 am for and is not some “look at me” stunt. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The daughter, however, had to vote absentee from out of the country.  Filled out and mailed her ballot on the first day possible.  Already has confirmation that it was received.

My elderly parents are voting by mail, but are dropping their ballots off in person at the County office on Airport.

Pues, the voter fraud.  Like nothing you've ever seen.

26 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Gotta be first to post that you’ve voted on Instagram yo!

If seeking Instagram likes for their picture of them lined up at 5:30am at the voting place is what it takes to get the youth vote out, we should be encouraging it, not shitting on them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Voted today because a polling place very near me had a

Use your county's wait time maps and be willing to go the extra mile (literally - an extra couple miles saved me 45 minute one the runoff in Austin). It's better for everyone.