Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

ATM is getting desperate in a few spots. CB is one of them. They'll always try to go apeshit at DT, no matter how many they have. They're selling a really big year to guys and begging them to hold off on commitments and watch them take off this season. It's a gamble. They're willing to go above and beyond reasonable, but there is a deep amount of skepticism about them with recruits. They're no longer an "it" team, meaning, they're no longer one of ten schools playing the bag game and offering 3x market to get guys beyond the other baggers. 

The other thing they're doing is selling Sarkisian as a born failure who can't win 10 games. Going hard in on the "what happens when he starts going on benders? have you guys seen what happened at USC?" They have to, because that's the best they have. They're selling "Venables can't win, Kelly can't win the big one, and Saban will be retired in 2 years" positions as well. They have to, because they're under attack from all sides and they don't want to talk about 5-7. 

“We would’ve been 4-8 last year if Kelly knew how to win big games.” 

/Jimbo negative recruiting 

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The other thing they're doing is selling Sarkisian as a born failure who can't win 10 games. Going hard in on the "what happens when he starts going on benders? have you guys seen what happened at USC?" They have to, because that's the best they have. They're selling "Venables can't win, Kelly can't win the big one, and Saban will be retired in 2 years" positions as well. They have to, because they're under attack from all sides and they don't want to talk about 5-7. 

This is Texas A&M in a nutshell. The most underachieving, repugnant, fucking weird fanbase and school in America, yet everyone else is a loser and crazy. Now shut up and take a sip of Kool-Aid.

"From the outisde looking in..." TURDITION!

• Haha 1

Looking at the aggy 247 board, looks like Taurean York is starting at LB.

Remember when we all found out that 3 star true freshman Jason Hall was going to start? “Oh shit! Our coaches must have found a diamond in the rough! This is incredible!”

And then we saw him play, and all realized what it meant that a 3 star true freshman was our best option.

Gonna be a fun season!

On 8/28/2023 at 1:50 PM, NoName said:

to be fair, i think we all agree that Venables isn't the guy, Kelly can't win the big one and Saban will be retired in 2 years.

their problem is that the negative recruiting is going to only get louder when Venables wins 10 with their soft ass schedule (which is going to make OU crow even louder), Kelly and LSU beat A&M, and Dallas Turner Ewers Weigman. Sark wins the B12, Ewers is a hesiman finalist, Texas is in the CFP while their collection of assholes (Durkin, Petrino, Addazio) self combusts in a comical way and Craig runs some dudes off and their WRs start negative recruiting their own program. hopefully at some point the THSCA starts asking why they are recruiting so many out of state players and the John King Effect© starts working against him.

and the absolute best part of it is that they can't afford to fire Jimbo, buy out the staff, buy out the new coach, pay the new coach, pay the new staff.

...then again maybe everything will break their way...Weigman plays every game and wins the Heisman while setting every Texas A&M record. Petrino gets along with anyone. Bryce Foster decides he only cares about football. the Black Unicorn becomes the best pass pro RB in football. Durkin doesn't kill another kid and they play the rare 8-0-3 defensive alignment and that works out perfectly. Saban gets struck by lightning and dies at midfield. Kirby Smart decides to join the Korn Ferry Tour to try and earn his PGA card. John King wins the lottery and moves to Tahiti in Week 4. Evan Stewart beefs up to spin down to TE and loves pass blocking. everyone negatively recruiting their program suddenly starts telling all the croots how good of a human John James Fisher Jr is. College Station somehow becomes cool. Elon Musk donates $100 billion to destroy all of the 1980s Moscow buildings and replace them with beautiful Art Deco historical buildings brought over piece by piece from around the world. Aggie Maroon is named the Pantone Color of the Year.

This is fantastic. But pure bullshit…Pantone could never afford the royalties for Aggie Maroon. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looking at the aggy 247 board, looks like Taurean York is starting at LB.

simply incredible. remember how much they used this guy as an example of bad Texas would be in the SEC because he was undersized and slow

image.thumb.png.29ceb98b2e8219a4910627249e2acfc9.png

vs

image.thumb.png.12623ab9eec4392ce396e6604b063d96.png

to top it off he is calling their defense?!

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/texas-am-aggies-taurean-york-freshman-linebacker-jimbo-fisher-well-rounded

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, bizzle said:

absolutely not, and i don't intend to break my streak now.

caveat: i have never been more disconnected from collegiate football than i am currently, so things like my stellar predictions of last year may not be as accurate. 

those that remember, and quote me on it from time to time, might recall my trumpeting of steve addazio as the key to last year's team. well, in many ways i was correct as offensive line play was the canary in a coal mine that exploded inside denver harris' vape pen as he tokyo drifted through the wreckage that was the a&m 2022 season. spoiler: the ol will play a large role again, and i have no idea what the fuck to expect.

tldr: a lot of really talented football players plus jimbo fisher, steve addazio, bobby petrino and dj durkin. lol. lmao.

offense: it will be better, because it can't be worse, and bobby petrino is actually a really gifted playcaller. will jimbo let him take over? i actually think he might, and my hope is petrino's ego remains large enough that he 1. tells jimbo to shut the fuck up when he interferes, and 2. that he wants one last head coaching gig and is hell bent on proving he knows what he's doing. 

qb: weigman was a 5-star recruit with an average arm, great hs playmaking ability that was absolutely squashed by jimbo last year, and appeared decent in his few starts. will he be good enough to win a game or two on his own? feels a year away, but maybe. max johnson is as solid a backup as you can hope for in the transfer era, and marcel reed might actually have a little something.

rb: amari daniels is better than people give him credit for, but laveon moss and rueben owens are just at another level athletically. curious how much run david bailey gets as the guy has been productive at this level and bobby likes him some larger backs. this should be a solid B+ room.

te: sucks to lose green as he was primed for a really good year, but max wright will play some ceremonial snaps before giving way to jake johnson and a swede. if johnson stays healthy he has a chance to be good, swede might or might not be a real football player. jaden platt is going to be damn good at some point.

ol: the fulcrum built out of torn acls, various knee surgeries, duct tape and prayer, this will play the biggest role in the season. on the plus side: year 2 of this blocking scheme, supposedly trey zuhn is healthy and looked good during the fall, kam dewberry looked great during the fall, bryce foster can really move people and both layden robinson and ruben fatheree are potentially playing for nfl dollars after looking great in 2021. on the other hand, zuhn was awful last year, supposedly dewberry is dinged and in and out of the doghouse, bryce foster might not actually be on the roster, layden robinson played on one leg last year and ruben fatheree regressed more than any other player i've ever seen in my life. also steve's son louie seems to be the one coaching the line and handing out offers, probably not anything to be worried about. a couple of guards that are capable backups, supposedly bisontis is the real deal, also there are no other tackles.

wr: this should actually be a really productive room, even if it is coached by dameyune craig. evan stewart is a next level athlete and actually appears to have his head on straight, noah thomas is going to be a tough matchup across from him, moose muhammad is set to have a great year and even if he's overrated because he's stuck around so long, anias smith is a strong 4th wideout. supposedly the transfer jahdae walker has something, i'll believe it when i see it.

defense: can we stop the run? do we have enough corners? what if you devoted all of your nil to one position group, would that be bad?

de: should be some guys that can turn the corner for the first time in a while. most pass rushers take time to mature, and between malick sylla, enai white and fadil diggs there should be a weakside guy capable of getting home. if we play them. the other de is whatever 5 star you want between shemar turner, shemar stewart, lt overton or dj hicks. will be disappointing if this group doesn't take a massive step forward and main question is who gets the snaps and where.

dt: mckinley jackson is apparently healthy and playing for a 2nd day pick if he gets his shit together. walter nolan lost a shit-ton of weight (why?) but should still provide a great change of pace at 3-tech, sde. isaiah raikes and albert regis are both quietly more productive so far than the higher ranked guys and will both play a lot. like d-end, should be a huge step forward in production and if elijah robinson can't get this group rolling i don't know what the fuck we're doing. 

lb: edgerrin cooper is overrated, but solid. true freshman taurean york has apparently passed everyone else and will start next to him. (shoutout dave aranda evaluations). probably says something about both york and the rest of the room.  chris russell looks great and doesn't make plays, martrell harris is a year away and the rest are jags. really needed another transfer and can't get hurt here. 

cb: along with ol, probably the biggest delta in terms of potential outcomes - tyreek chappel is solid, but certainly not a shut down guy, and tony grimes, josh deberry and sam mccall are average at best right now. greatest hope for a pure cover guy is jayvon thomas, who may be forced into action early and needs to be good quick. schedule doens't appear to be a murderers row of qb's / scheme here so may get lucky. (take tennessee and the points)

s: should be really good, demani richardson doesn't need to be left deep but is great in the box, jardin gilbert looks set to have a great year, bryce anderson is going to be a stud and very quickly, jacoby matthews and jared kerr are quality depth and hopefully some stellar safety play helps the cbs. 

st: sure. 

don't ask me how, but i somehow think we end up 9-3 - there's enough high-end talent scattered throughout the roster that the floor should be higher, and the majority of the issues that plagued last year's roster (jimbo's playcalling, the amount of true freshmen playing, chris marshall's presence, etc.) have changed. i don't think we win less than 7 or more than 10, and i've literally never been wrong. let's fucking go.

We always enjoy your breakdowns of the oncoming season for the aggies. 

You never really go into the schedule as part of your analysis, but it varies so much from year to year that it plays a big role. The opener should be a cakewalk, but that was presumed about SHSU last season. I actually think it will be somewhat telling. If it's a blowout for 40+ points, the floor should be considered higher for the season. If it's another 30-0 kind of snoozer, that wouldn't make me feel good if I was a fan.

Then @ Miami, and who knows what happens with either team heading into that one? Down the line a stretch of Auburn (who Freeze is telling recruits is going to suck this season, so, yeah), neutral Arkansas, Bama, @Tennessee over a 4 week stretch seems tough. It is that string of games which should test ATM's depth. If they navigate it without a slew of injuries and go 2-2 or better record during those games, ATM will probably have a good season.

Depth seems like it is easily the biggest risk on the season. Stay healthy and good things happen. Get hurt at WR, OL, LB, or CB and you're in trouble. Then there's the whole team culture and staff culture thing, which could be a problem.

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Depth seems like it is easily the biggest risk on the season. Stay healthy and good things happen. Get hurt at WR, OL, LB, or CB and you're in trouble. Then there's the whole team culture and staff culture thing, which could be a problem.

Thankfully for them, their QB has such a hard head with no history of concussion issues.

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Then there's the whole team culture and staff culture thing, which could be a problem.

We’ve been assured by the corch in Boulder that team culture doesn’t matter. 

17 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Thankfully for them, their QB has such a hard head with no history of concussion issues.

And an OL that has proven to keep the QB upright. With a Swede as TE and a true frosh 5* RB that has never blocked anyone for extra protection.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

We always enjoy your breakdowns of the oncoming season for the aggies. 

You never really go into the schedule as part of your analysis, but it varies so much from year to year that it plays a big role. The opener should be a cakewalk, but that was presumed about SHSU last season. I actually think it will be somewhat telling. If it's a blowout for 40+ points, the floor should be considered higher for the season. If it's another 30-0 kind of snoozer, that wouldn't make me feel good if I was a fan.

Then @ Miami, and who knows what happens with either team heading into that one? Down the line a stretch of Auburn (who Freeze is telling recruits is going to suck this season, so, yeah), neutral Arkansas, Bama, @Tennessee over a 4 week stretch seems tough. It is that string of games which should test ATM's depth. If they navigate it without a slew of injuries and go 2-2 or better record during those games, ATM will probably have a good season.

honestly, i can barely keep up with our roster in the transfer era, much less what others are doing. agreed that the opener will be interesting, especially as new mexico will throw a ton of shit at a relatively questionable oline. auburn will be interesting but if we can't beat hugh freeze in year one . . . well, there are bigger issues at play. 

don't see any possible issues with culture, should be great there.

• Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, bizzle said:

absolutely not, and i don't intend to break my streak now.

caveat: i have never been more disconnected from collegiate football than i am currently, so things like my stellar predictions of last year may not be as accurate. 

those that remember, and quote me on it from time to time, might recall my trumpeting of steve addazio as the key to last year's team. well, in many ways i was correct as offensive line play was the canary in a coal mine that exploded inside denver harris' vape pen as he tokyo drifted through the wreckage that was the a&m 2022 season. spoiler: the ol will play a large role again, and i have no idea what the fuck to expect.

tldr: a lot of really talented football players plus jimbo fisher, steve addazio, bobby petrino and dj durkin. lol. lmao.

offense: it will be better, because it can't be worse, and bobby petrino is actually a really gifted playcaller. will jimbo let him take over? i actually think he might, and my hope is petrino's ego remains large enough that he 1. tells jimbo to shut the fuck up when he interferes, and 2. that he wants one last head coaching gig and is hell bent on proving he knows what he's doing. 

qb: weigman was a 5-star recruit with an average arm, great hs playmaking ability that was absolutely squashed by jimbo last year, and appeared decent in his few starts. will he be good enough to win a game or two on his own? feels a year away, but maybe. max johnson is as solid a backup as you can hope for in the transfer era, and marcel reed might actually have a little something.

rb: amari daniels is better than people give him credit for, but laveon moss and rueben owens are just at another level athletically. curious how much run david bailey gets as the guy has been productive at this level and bobby likes him some larger backs. this should be a solid B+ room.

te: sucks to lose green as he was primed for a really good year, but max wright will play some ceremonial snaps before giving way to jake johnson and a swede. if johnson stays healthy he has a chance to be good, swede might or might not be a real football player. jaden platt is going to be damn good at some point.

ol: the fulcrum built out of torn acls, various knee surgeries, duct tape and prayer, this will play the biggest role in the season. on the plus side: year 2 of this blocking scheme, supposedly trey zuhn is healthy and looked good during the fall, kam dewberry looked great during the fall, bryce foster can really move people and both layden robinson and ruben fatheree are potentially playing for nfl dollars after looking great in 2021. on the other hand, zuhn was awful last year, supposedly dewberry is dinged and in and out of the doghouse, bryce foster might not actually be on the roster, layden robinson played on one leg last year and ruben fatheree regressed more than any other player i've ever seen in my life. also steve's son louie seems to be the one coaching the line and handing out offers, probably not anything to be worried about. a couple of guards that are capable backups, supposedly bisontis is the real deal, also there are no other tackles.

wr: this should actually be a really productive room, even if it is coached by dameyune craig. evan stewart is a next level athlete and actually appears to have his head on straight, noah thomas is going to be a tough matchup across from him, moose muhammad is set to have a great year and even if he's overrated because he's stuck around so long, anias smith is a strong 4th wideout. supposedly the transfer jahdae walker has something, i'll believe it when i see it.

defense: can we stop the run? do we have enough corners? what if you devoted all of your nil to one position group, would that be bad?

de: should be some guys that can turn the corner for the first time in a while. most pass rushers take time to mature, and between malick sylla, enai white and fadil diggs there should be a weakside guy capable of getting home. if we play them. the other de is whatever 5 star you want between shemar turner, shemar stewart, lt overton or dj hicks. will be disappointing if this group doesn't take a massive step forward and main question is who gets the snaps and where.

dt: mckinley jackson is apparently healthy and playing for a 2nd day pick if he gets his shit together. walter nolan lost a shit-ton of weight (why?) but should still provide a great change of pace at 3-tech, sde. isaiah raikes and albert regis are both quietly more productive so far than the higher ranked guys and will both play a lot. like d-end, should be a huge step forward in production and if elijah robinson can't get this group rolling i don't know what the fuck we're doing. 

lb: edgerrin cooper is overrated, but solid. true freshman taurean york has apparently passed everyone else and will start next to him. (shoutout dave aranda evaluations). probably says something about both york and the rest of the room.  chris russell looks great and doesn't make plays, martrell harris is a year away and the rest are jags. really needed another transfer and can't get hurt here. 

cb: along with ol, probably the biggest delta in terms of potential outcomes - tyreek chappel is solid, but certainly not a shut down guy, and tony grimes, josh deberry and sam mccall are average at best right now. greatest hope for a pure cover guy is jayvon thomas, who may be forced into action early and needs to be good quick. schedule doens't appear to be a murderers row of qb's / scheme here so may get lucky. (take tennessee and the points)

s: should be really good, demani richardson doesn't need to be left deep but is great in the box, jardin gilbert looks set to have a great year, bryce anderson is going to be a stud and very quickly, jacoby matthews and jared kerr are quality depth and hopefully some stellar safety play helps the cbs. 

st: sure. 

don't ask me how, but i somehow think we end up 9-3 - there's enough high-end talent scattered throughout the roster that the floor should be higher, and the majority of the issues that plagued last year's roster (jimbo's playcalling, the amount of true freshmen playing, chris marshall's presence, etc.) have changed. i don't think we win less than 7 or more than 10, and i've literally never been wrong. let's fucking go.

I have come to love Bizzle's pre season predictions. What is funny is that, as a disconnected casual fan, his takes are better than the 9.95ers and yet still hilariously wrong in places. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Aggy has starting units full of elite players and Petrino's play-calling should help as well. I see them getting off to a hot start, including beating Miami, before run-of-the-mill injuries combined with a complete lack of depth, lockerroom culture issues, and infighting among the coaching staff cause the season to completely collapse until all that is left of the team is a pile of smoldering ashes. 6-6 followed by a lopsided loss to Kansas in the Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl. All the top recruits decommit and the AD has no choice but to express his continued support for Jimbo as the head coach for at least another year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, bizzle said:

Offensive line is going to be fine. Jimbo says they have four really good guys at tackle right now. Nothing to worry about, at all:

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/tamu-aggies-offensive-line-chase-bisontis-trey-zuhn-jimbo-fisher-conner-weigman

One key position to monitor heading into game week is offensive tackle. With both Trey Zuhn and Reuben "Deuce" Fatheree missing time throughout spring and fall camp, the door opened for true freshman Chase Bisontis to see reps with the first-team offense. 

Fisher said Monday that as of this time, Zuhn and Bisontis are currently holding down the tackle slots. Zuhn saw action in 11 games last fall at left tackle, meaning Bisontis likely would replace Fatheree against the Lobos on the right side of the line. 

When asked about Fatheree's status, Fisher said he would "be in the mix" as he continues to recover from a lower-body injury suffered this spring. 

“He’s getting himself back into shape from the injury and practicing and getting back to where he can go,” Fisher said. “We have four really good guys right there right now.” 

Fatheree, the second-most experienced offensive lineman behind All-SEC guard Layden Robinson, started 12 games last season at right tackle. In 2022, he started nine games in 2021, mixing in across the offensive line with Kenyon Green and Jahmir Johnson.

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Fatheree, the second-most experienced offensive lineman behind All-SEC guard Layden Robinson, started 12 games last season at right tackle. In 2022, he started nine games in 2021, mixing in across the offensive line with Kenyon Green and Jahmir Johnson.

Does this person know what year it is?

So Fatheree is not even going to start because of a slow injury recovery? I mean, he was really bad at times last year, but he at least has some experience. Bisontis is a TF and in no fucking universe is he on par with the likes of Kelvin Banks at this stage. If Foster isn't out there crushing New Mexico DL as well, my head might explode from laughter. How can they be having OL problems already?

Edited by closetojumping

I always question the idea that somehow adding the motorcycle bandit to the offensive staff would fix their offense. Sure, Jimbo’s conservative and unoriginal play-calling was a problem. But it was not the only problem.  

It doesn’t matter who selects and calls the play from Jimbo’s 50 lb Lisa Frank binder, it’s still coming from the same shitty offense. And I’m still not convinced Petrino is ultimately calling the plays anyhow.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, FWD said:

Aggy has starting units full of elite players and Petrino's play-calling should help as well. I see them getting off to a hot start, including beating Miami, before run-of-the-mill injuries combined with a complete lack of depth, lockerroom culture issues, and infighting among the coaching staff cause the season to completely collapse until all that is left of the team is a pile of smoldering ashes. 6-6 followed by a lopsided loss to Kansas in the Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl. All the top recruits decommit and the AD has no choice but to express his continued support for Jimbo as the head coach for at least another year.

I read this and it looks like a certain pattern is expected.

FAvaRetXsAMnxvT.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I always question the idea that somehow adding the motorcycle bandit to the offensive staff would fix their offense. Sure, Jimbo’s conservative and unoriginal play-calling was a problem. But it was not the only problem.  

It doesn’t matter who selects and calls the play from Jimbo’s 50 lb Lisa Frank binder, it’s still coming from the same shitty offense. And I’m still not convinced Petrino is ultimately calling the plays anyhow.

Petrino is like most of their players...just there to collect a check. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

This….but….as soon as it gets late in a close game, we will find out who is calling the plays…

47 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

The aggy game? It's on the mothership

That's fascinating to me. Does this mean they expect a good game and want to continue the story of A&M's collapse should they lose?

Does it reflect the national interest in the shit fire at A&M?

Could it be a resurrection story with Bobby coming down from the clouds to lift Jimbo from the sulphur and brimstone? A&M is back, baby! Look for 8 of 9 wins and 4 losses!

I guess it could be a big story if A&M loses or wins big. If A&M wins in lackluster fashion, then you have a boring game and a reminder why nobody outside of the cult should ever expect anything from these losers.

I'll be watching!

Your review has a Texas in the mid-teens feel. Also Texas in the latter part of the 80s. I've been there thinking that if everything goes right and the reports from summer camp are accurate, we may just have a pretty damn good team.

Poor to awful O-lines were a constant in those years. We'd play like the best case scenario team for a bit and get down inside the ten. Then a false start. Then a touchdown called because of holding. Then a sack as an all out rush on a passing down cannot be stopped. Sets up a long field goal.

The other version is that the headcoach decides to play real football and just charge the middle three times in a row when close to the goal line. You either get a short field goal attempt, or you turn the ball over on downs because the coach just can't believe we'll be stopped four times in a row.

Maybe you can convert a couple of the 5-star d-linemen to guards and tackles on O. Otherwise, you've got a nightmare situation because O-lines arent usually solved in a single season. 

I'll feel bad for people like you and Bizzle and friends who are 2%ers thus normal. But that won't outweigh my delight at seeing chaos reign over the anti-UT jihadists.

Thanks for the write up!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

OL: The unit every fan is watching. Kam Dewberry is really the only non-question. Other than that we stake hopes on Fatheree’s cartilage, Zuhn’s alleged mean streak, Foster’s general head space a converted TE passing the eyeball test, and a bunch of guys we never saw including a true freshmen. This unit can’t get a higher assessment than bullishly heedful. 

LB: Cooper is only seen a star because the rest of the unit is so week. What’s the story on York? Could be a good sign that he was woefully underrated or it could be a bad sign that he won the job in the middle. Here let’s give the outlook circumspect but positive. 

CB: Chappell is fine but then there’s a lot unproven. However, that unproven material could turn out to be good. Thomas has a lot of promise as a true freshmen but we need some of the transfers to be more than just guys in the early going.  My take: I’ll be positive while circumspect about this unit.

we know this from experience but when you have a bunch of questions at OL, are starting true freshmen who are undersized and slow at LB and requiring true freshman CB steps...you are potentially in for a long season with injuries to any 1 of those key dudes.

i actually think an exact version of this exists for the 2015 Texas team somewhere on the internet

OL: The unit every fan is watching. Kent Perkins is really the only non-question. Other than that we stake hopes on Taylor Doyle's cartilage, Elijah Rodriguez alleged mean streak, Patrick Vahe’s general head space, and a bunch of guys we never saw including a true freshmen. This unit can’t get a higher assessment than bullishly heedful.

LB: Peter Jinkens is only seen a star because the rest of the unit is so week. What’s the story on Edwin Freeman? Could be a good sign that he was woefully underrated or it could be a bad sign that he won the job in the middle. Here let’s give the outlook circumspect but positive.

CB: Sheroid Evans is fine but then there’s a lot unproven. However, that unproven material could turn out to be good. Kris Boyd has a lot of promise as a true freshmen but we need some of the true freshmen to be more than just guys in the early going.  My take: I’ll be positive while circumspect about this unit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

OL: The unit every fan is watching. Kent Perkins is really the only non-question. Other than that we stake hopes on Taylor Doyle's cartilage, Elijah Rodriguez alleged mean streak, Patrick Vahe’s general head space, and a bunch of guys we never saw including a true freshmen. This unit can’t get a higher assessment than bullishly heedful.

LB: Peter Jinkens is only seen a star because the rest of the unit is so week. What’s the story on Edwin Freeman? Could be a good sign that he was woefully underrated or it could be a bad sign that he won the job in the middle. Here let’s give the outlook circumspect but positive.

CB: Sheroid Evans is fine but then there’s a lot unproven. However, that unproven material could turn out to be good. Kris Boyd has a lot of promise as a true freshmen but we need some of the true freshmen to be more than just guys in the early going.  My take: I’ll be positive while circumspect about this unit.

Cry About It Captain Kirk GIF

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NoName said:

we know this from experience but when you have a bunch of questions at OL, are starting true freshmen who are undersized and slow at LB and requiring true freshman CB steps...you are potentially in for a long season with injuries to any 1 of those key dudes.

i actually think an exact version of this exists for the 2015 Texas team somewhere on the internet

I hope it’s clear that I don’t know anything except the names of some guys on the team and synonyms for “cautiously optimistic” and this was just an exercise to see if that’s enough to produce content that may be 9.95 worthy. It may actually be worth more than typical 9.95, I used google thesaurus. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I hope it’s clear that I don’t know anything except the names of some guys on the team and synonyms for “cautiously optimistic” and this was just an exercise to see if that’s enough to produce content that may be 9.95 worthy. It may actually be worth more than typical 9.95, I used google thesaurus. 

sorry if it came across like i was shitting on you, i wasn't. just was thinking about a bunch of prior Texas teams and things like that written about them

• Like 2