Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

2 hours ago, NoName said:

coming soon to a browser near you: Treaty Oaks NFT project.

For their sheer ridiculousness, NFT's hold a special place in my heart. When it comes to mind-numbing stupidity and uselessness, they truly represent an amazing level of scamosity. Of course, I give a shout-out to the early creators who made a fortune and tricked all those broke artists to spend their life-savings on Ether to mint their collection. 

If you want to enjoy the limitless folly of NFT's, watch this hilarious video:   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, NoName said:

so Texas A&M has incredibly flawed position rooms at LB, Safety and CB? and their DC hasn't adjusted their scheme at all to help protect the DBs?

they have the #15 OFEI team this week (Ole Miss) and #2 at the end of the year. unless something changes LSU currently has one of FEI's ~10 best offenses of the last 10 years. idk what happens over the next month but if LSU beats Alabama they are in a position to be playing for the SEC Championship and ROLLING offensively going into that A&M game.

I would think it would be good for Texas if LSU ran the table and beat Georgia in the conference championship game. Maybe Florida State could lose to Florida and Miami but I doubt it.

14 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

For their sheer ridiculousness, NFT's hold a special place in my heart. When it comes to mind-numbing stupidity and uselessness, they truly represent an amazing level of scamosity. Of course, I give a shout-out to the early creators who made a fortune and tricked all those broke artists to spend their life-savings on Ether to mint their collection. 

If you want to enjoy the limitless folly of NFT's, watch this hilarious video:   

At least ridiculously overpriced Dutch tulip bulbs would actually grow and bloom. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, NoName said:

so Texas A&M has incredibly flawed position rooms at LB, Safety and CB? and their DC hasn't adjusted their scheme at all to help protect the DBs?

it's actually a pretty solid lb room between cooper, york and a finally-improving chris russell. durkin has made a real difference here. safeties are hurt / haven't been as good as expected and cb just doesn't have the bodies. i think he's chosen to say fuck it, i'm going to blitz you every down rather than drop 8 and have death by a million cuts as we saw at miami. either way probably gets you beat against a kiffin offense. 

48 minutes ago, bizzle said:

it's actually a pretty solid lb room between cooper, york and a finally-improving chris russell. durkin has made a real difference here. safeties are hurt / haven't been as good as expected and cb just doesn't have the bodies.

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

image.thumb.png.8296ec6a573eb65114a0e97edf40f7a0.png

come on man!

the LB room is so solid that you have a true freshman who was the composite #143 player in the State of Texas coming in and making the calls on the field.

Cooper has 52 tackles, York has 47, Russell has 19 and the next 5 LBs on the team have 21 combined.

for a quick comparison vs Texas Ford has 57, Gbenda has 35 and Hill has 35. the next 2 are Jett Bush (12) and Blackwell (10) who combined have 22 tackles themselves. not a 1:1 comparison with scheme differences, but they at least have dudes that are playing and making tackles beyond just the main 3.

that A&M LB room is one minimal injury away from playing someone named Jurante Davis (Jackson State transfer who hasn't played since ULM and has 2 solo tackles), Martrell Harris (who has played in 7 games and has 2 solo tackles this year and didn't play vs South Carolina), Daymion Sanford (7 games, 2 solos total both vs New Mexico) or Chantz Johnson (7 games, 1 solo vs New Mexico)

image.png.9a997607564c31fa9476cc8e236a7dff.png

image.png.9a0388fe7c895727f5499506a04b88ef.png

since A&M started conference (red line above), the 4 scholarship, non starter LBs have combined for 1 total tackle across 5 games. im not looking to see if that tackle, or any of the other ones, was a special teams or a defensive tackle.

there are solid LB rooms out there, but the current Texas A&M LB room ain't one of them.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, we don't have to that far for some of the cards. Bret Bielma is "Fat Fucking Retard." 

Aren’t you responsible for Geoff “By the Bushel” Ketchum, aka fat fuck ham man?   
 That alone earns you a board seat. 

im guessing Ryan Days card is something quaint like “Pedersast”

7 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

Aren’t you responsible for Geoff “By the Bushel” Ketchum, aka fat fuck ham man?   
 That alone earns you a board seat. 

im guessing Ryan Days card is something quaint like “Pedersast”

Indeed. I also came up with the Taylor Hamm as Toilet Smurf, back in the day. 

All this really tells me is that I've been posting on this site for a long fucking time. 

• Haha 5

On 10/31/2023 at 11:27 AM, Vertigo said:

To me this game feels like the stereotypical A&M on the brink game. They ride the side of the ravine with one wheel hanging off for half the season, but they always seem to do just enough to not go tumbling over the edge every year with the exception of last season, like the proverbial turd that won't flush. It would not shock me to see them win this game and then circle the wagons on their "improvement" to give them just enough to sell more bullshit next year. 

Yeah, this is why I think they somehow pull it out.  Every time Jimbo has been on the brink, he manages to pull one out of his ass and save himself for the rest of the year.  I will happily be wrong and watch their recruiting class implode with many rumblings of the bmds putting enough money together to get rid of Jimbo.

Edited by kevwun

13 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, this is why I think they somehow pull it out.  Every time Jimbo has been on the brink, he manages to pull one out of his ass and save himself for the rest of the year.  I will happily be wrong and watch their recruiting class implode with many rumblings of the bmds putting enough money together to get rid of Jimbo.

You guys keep saying stuff like this, but last year they went 5-7. They didn't have one of those games. The LSU game was about LSU sleepwalking, not about Jimbo saving anything. The season was a failure. They missed on every chance they had to have the stereotypical "save me!" game that would make them bowl eligible. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You guys keep saying stuff like this, but last year they went 5-7. They didn't have one of those games. The LSU game was about LSU sleepwalking, not about Jimbo saving anything. The season was a failure. They missed on every chance they had to have the stereotypical "save me!" game that would make them bowl eligible. 

This. I have 0 concern about aggy. If they win a game or two they shouldn't, then they'll be stuck with Jimbo longer? How is that a bad thing? They're hemorrhaging recruits and his track record there is established. Not to mention next year they won't be able to hide under mama secsecsec's skirt anymore and claim superiority over us at anything. They will need to earn it on the field, which they won't.

Edited by Bevo14

38 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

This. I have 0 concern about aggy. If they win a game or two they shouldn't, then they'll be stuck with Jimbo longer? How is that a bad thing? They're hemorrhaging recruits and his track record there is established. Not to mention next year they won't be able to hide under mama secsecsec's skirt anymore and claim superiority over us at anything. They will need to earn it on the field, which they won't.

I mean the conversation started as a conversation about wagering so...

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They're 10-10 the last 2 seasons. 

I don't think there are any "save me" type games anymore. Everyone knows who they are until they show consistent success. 

15 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

They're 10-10 the last 2 seasons. 

I don't think there are any "save me" type games anymore. Everyone knows who they are until they show consistent success

You mean in year 7 of the Jimbo reign?  2024 was always the year . . .

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

This is from LSU 247 (Sonny Shipp).  Includes some fun speculation about A&M imploding (Think the McKinley comment is just old info.)

image.thumb.png.ac5bb232cefebcdea2beec28911892b2.png

image.thumb.png.dd8452d5ac60e55a9d3bca3489bf841b.png

On Miller and Watkins.

image.thumb.png.70853acbe01d6f12eb6402a1f6ed381b.png

They can spin a close loss to Ole Miss. Top 10 loss you dumb sips! 

Losing at home to MS State would be my definition of an implosion. If Max Johnson plays in that game, aggy will win. 

I don't share LSU's confidence in raiding aggy's class. They're staring down the barrel of a 3rd loss tomorrow night. "Our 3 losses are a lot better than aggy's 4" isn't a great sales pitch. 

11 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Losing at home to MS State would be my definition of an implosion. If Max Johnson plays in that game, aggy will win. 

I don't share LSU's confidence in raiding aggy's class. They're staring down the barrel of a 3rd loss tomorrow night. "Our 3 losses are a lot better than aggy's 4" isn't a great sales pitch. 

1)  They can *try* to spin a close loss.  They will not be able to credibly spin a butt kicking.  Not saying that'll happen for sure, but that is a possibility, and the speculation.

2) In a vacuum, an unranked team losing on the road, to a top-10 team, is not bad. 

But ... context.  All the talk, on the Aggie boards and in a lot of the press, is about how bad the year has been, the decimation of their high expectations, and Jimbo's job security (or lack thereof).  A 4th loss will definitively end any miniscule hopes of ending up with a good W/L record, and add significantly to the negativity around and fragility of the program.  (Yeah, "24 was always the year!" ... but that'll lack credibility, even in the members of the cult.)

Which, of course, will be fun 🙂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Tis is why you don't fuck with Vegas. Although, this was on the way to being a blowout until the 10 point swing from an aggy blocked FG. Special teams can really swing games in college football.

@Bruh Manneeds to come make some more posts about aggy building a powerhouse so we know they will continue to suck. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Probably did just enough to hold on to everybody. If that sounds insane, it should because it’s true. 

Close losses aren't going to do anything for aggy especially as their fanbase becomes more vocal about firing Jimbo.

They're definitely going to lose more commits. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

On 11/3/2023 at 2:57 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

56 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Probably did just enough to hold on to everybody. If that sounds insane, it should because it’s true. 

These posts are the posts of a man who squats to pee. Kelly is in year 2. Jimbo is in year 7. Stop with the fucking “they’re basically the same” nonsense. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1