Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

They'd go after Urban Meyer and, if they could come up with the money, I think he'd consider it. UM loves attention and aggy loves to deify their football coach. The relationship would be a self-sustaining positive feedback loop of circle-jerkery. They'd let him run the program like he's The Captain from Cool Hand Luke and claim that anyone questioning his abuse of players is just some tea-sippin' liberal pussy.

But I don't think he'd take less than what they paid Jimbo and I'm not sure if they can come up with the money. 

Meyer knows he won't be there 10 years or even 6. A&M would likely have to pay 15-20MM per season or stretch it out over ten years with another guaranteed contract to pay Meyer Jimbo money. I think Meyer would require more than what the prior losing coach was paid.

I don't know shit about Meyer, but if the Aggies come up with the money mentioned above they'd be in for about $30MM a year for the short contract (Fisher and Meyer combined) or $17MM for a longer contract.

There's no guarantee, as pointed out, that Meyer will succeed at A&M. It's been a long time since he was at a mid-tier program. Maybe the facilities facilities facilities and the magic of Kyle Field and participating in Midnight Yell will draw him out of retirement.

If he fails, the money the Aggies would be paying coaches that didn't succeed would be enormous. It'd be funny, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

They'd go after Urban Meyer and, if they could come up with the money, I think he'd consider it. UM loves attention and aggy loves to deify their football coach. The relationship would be a self-sustaining positive feedback loop of circle-jerkery. They'd let him run the program like he's The Captain from Cool Hand Luke and claim that anyone questioning his abuse of players is just some tea-sippin' liberal pussy.

But I don't think he'd take less than what they paid Jimbo and I'm not sure if they can come up with the money. 

Urban Meyer is a college football HOF coach that may come back to a blue blood or blue blood-lite that's ready to win a NC in the next 2-3 years. Honestly, after the NFL debacle, I'm not sure he's got the interest to come back at all, but he's not coming back to spend his time rebuilding a dumpster fire in fucking college station. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, cafe society said:

They love their national championship coaches, what about Ed O?  That would be a thing of beauty and a joy forever.

Ha. Jimbo will tear a page out of the Sir Edward Beauregard Orgeron, IV Esquire playbook:

'Coach, you got $76 million dollars on your contract; we’re going to give it to you.’

“I said, ‘What time you want me to leave and what door do you want me to walk out of, brother?’”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

A&M is the only program insulated and tone def enough to actually do this and feel happy about it. Sadly, Briles would probably kill it at aggy if he could find people who want to play for him. 

Pretty sure briles hasn't killed anyone yet . Sure he's old , but I think could add raping A&M to his rap sheet before the retires 

• Rage+1 1

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. Jimbo will tear a page out of the Sir Edward Beauregard Orgeron, IV Esquire playbook:

'Coach, you got $76 million dollars on your contract; we’re going to give it to you.’

“I said, ‘What time you want me to leave and what door do you want me to walk out of, brother?’”

i think the mistake with this is that Ed O actually loves (loved) LSU and isn't known to be a super petty asshole that folks generally don't like being around.

ive never heard of anything like this with Jimbo, for example:

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/16/rams-sean-mcvay-ed-orgeron-wedding-story/

On the “Pardon My Take” podcast, Peter Schrager shared the story of Orgeron crashing McVay’s wedding and it’s hilarious.

“Saturday afternoon, we’re at the pool, it’s all these NFL coaches,” Schrager said. “LaFleur is there, all these guys. Jay Gruden comes by. Everything’s great. Eddie O is there, shirtless, looking like a million bucks, just glistening in all his glory. And I’m like, ‘I didn’t know Sean had anything to do with Eddie O.’ He’s taking photos with everyone at the pool, and everyone wants to take a photo with Eddie O.

“Later on, McVay pulls me aside and is like, ‘How about Eddie O being at the pool?’ And I’m like, ‘Yeah, when were you–.’ He’s like, ‘Never met him before.’”

Schrager continued: “Coincidentally, Eddie O at the pool, just mixing it (up). Not invited to the wedding, but in the mix and having a blast, drinking with everybody. Was the coolest guy at the pool. Was not invited to the wedding, not there at night, no connection to McVay. Eddie O, LA, poolside, just living the best life.”

still think Jimbo is going to be petty as hell, leak stuff about A&M over the next decade, do everything he can to negatively recruit them at every opportunity at his next job all while taking his guaranteed money and pulling a Charlie Strong and getting fired after 3 years at his next job.

all of this to say, i want to be friends with that cajun, hard partying bastard. who do you want to spend an evening hearing stories from - Jimbo or Ed Orgeron?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

A&M is the only program insulated and tone def enough to actually do this and feel happy about it. Sadly, Briles would probably kill it at aggy if he could find people who want to play for him. 

He's about to turn 68.  It would be the aggiest move of all time to take the PR hit on a coach that far removed from his prime.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, LebongJames said:

Could you imagine their retarded fan base if they fired Jimbo and hired a 1 year head coach from Texas State?

Oh they would spin the hell out of that.

"He's the lost love child of Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry,,created by aggy in a lab to rule the world "!

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i think the mistake with this is that Ed O actually loves (loved) LSU and isn't known to be a super petty asshole that folks generally don't like being around.

ive never heard of anything like this with Jimbo, for example:

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/16/rams-sean-mcvay-ed-orgeron-wedding-story/

still think Jimbo is going to be petty as hell, leak stuff about A&M over the next decade, do everything he can to negatively recruit them at every opportunity at his next job all while taking his guaranteed money and pulling a Charlie Strong and getting fired after 3 years at his next job.

all of this to say, i want to be friends with that cajun, hard partying bastard. who do you want to spend an evening hearing stories from - Jimbo or Ed Orgeron?

Depends. Is Jimbo remarried and if so, what does the wife look like?

11 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Oh they would spin the hell out of that.

"He's the lost love child of Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry,,created by aggy in a lab to rule the world "!

Fun fact about these two coaches. 

Both were head coordinators for the Giants, Lombardi offensive, Landry defensive. Just before they both left the Giants to head coach Dallas and Green Bay, they traded their play books, and now you know the rest of the story. 

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Victor R. Franko said:

Fun fact about these two coaches. 

Both were head coordinators for the Giants, Lombardi offensive, Landry defensive. Just before they both left the Giants to head coach Dallas and Green Bay, they traded their play books, and now you know the rest of the story. 

Yep, I remember when I first found that out I was amazed. 

Jimbo's only real talent is he's a damn good snake oil salesmen. 

It's incredible hearing him speak sometimes. He will just blatantly lie about stuff and ramble on for 20 minutes about why he is right. I've never seen anything like it. I think his only talent as a coach is he can convince 17 year olds and their families to play for him with just absolute stupidity. I would love to see what this moron says in living rooms during recruiting visits because I guarantee he's just completely making up shit. 

43 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Mental Gymnast of the Week Award goes Mr. David Ubben of The Athletic. In his Week 10 Reaction podcast he said the following: 

“Jimbo has built a championship caliber roster at TAMU. I’m not sure they can find another coach capable of doing that.”

star wars GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Mental Gymnast of the Week Award goes Mr. David Ubben of The Athletic. In his Week 10 Reaction podcast he said the following: 

“Jimbo has built a championship caliber roster at TAMU. I’m not sure they can find another coach capable of doing that.”

34 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

star wars GIF

I remember that he "covered texas for espn" but was a clear OU homer , also fuck that hunchback  

young frankenstein igor GIF

Edited by BigHornedLurker
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

He may not have meant to, but I see it another way.  He's managing to trash Dumbo and aggy in one sentence.

He's built a championship roster and can barely get his team above .500.  And,

Only Dumbo's snake oil and past glory can get players to actually acknowledge College Station.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

He may not have meant to, but I see it another way.  He's managing to trash Dumbo and aggy in one sentence.

He's built a championship roster and can barely get his team above .500.  And,

Only Dumbo's snake oil and past glory can get players to actually acknowledge College Station.

The Jimbo postmortem will be fun. I think aggy will remember him as the best recruiter in the history of the program. Bonus points awarded for sticking his finger in Saban’s eye on the recruiting trail. 

36 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The Jimbo postmortem will be fun. I think aggy will remember him as the best recruiter in the history of the program. Bonus points awarded for sticking his finger in Saban’s eye on the recruiting trail. 

Jimbo is everything they used to ridicule Mack Brown for prior to 2005

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Jimbo's only real talent is he's a damn good snake oil salesmen. 

It's incredible hearing him speak sometimes. He will just blatantly lie about stuff and ramble on for 20 minutes about why he is right. I've never seen anything like it. I think his only talent as a coach is he can convince 17 year olds and their families to play for him with just absolute stupidity. I would love to see what this moron says in living rooms during recruiting visits because I guarantee he's just completely making up shit. 

Jimbo has the qualifications to be a first rate politician!

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How is the best culture fit not les miles? He’s a weird dude.  I guess maybe the grass eating could be a dealbreaker. 

Exactly who I thought of. And they love to fuck sheep, who eat grass. I don’t think that would bother them about Miles.