10.15.20 Trump Town Hall Thread Of Insanity

South Austin

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

WGN has launched "News Nation" -- I've only tuned in briefly, but it SEEMS to be an actual news channel/programming, as opposed to wall to wall commentary.  I'll check it out again to see what's up.

But I agree.  I don't need hours of talking heads.

Let me suggest Shep Smith on CNBC at 6 p.m.  Full length hour and actual news.  I've had it on while working out after work and I've been pleasantly surprised and I hate cable news for all the reasons mentioned above.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Man.....I gotta tell you.....I totally dig Judy Greer.  She's cute-hot, got the smart gal vibe.  Good stuff.

Yep, my kind of starlet.  Hot, but imperfect and she doesn’t take her fame too seriously.

CNN is pure sensationalism. They’re usually on the truth side, but they take whatever story and turn it up to 11. It’s hard to watch sometimes because I feel like I might get a seizure from the bright lights and graphics. 

Fox is straight up propaganda. It actually rots your brain. 

BBC is the best but they’re more world focused. 

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Its' not 24 hours man. I want live/latest news stuff. Otherwise I'd DVR it and watch it the next day. But by then I've heard all the news...

Seems excessive to watch that much news. I mean, I will totally toss on BBC when I'm overseas as background in the hotel and whatnot, but in my day to day life I would be way too distracted to actually do things I need to do watching news 24/7. I just follow most reputable news sources and a few trusted journos on Twitter, and every now and then do a quick scroll and basically stay up to date.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

That's because CNN has truly become the anti-Trump network. The complete foil of Fox News. I long for the days when CNN wasn't commentary driven. 

I'll add onto this.  We were in Italy in 2017 and the only English speaking channel in the hotel was CNN International and it was completely different than CNN here and in a good way.  No commentary at all.  No screens with five talking heads.  DACA was going down at the time and they were basic news: Who, What, Why, Where, and How.  I learned a ton about DACA at the time.  Wish CNN did that here.

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

But Trump can identify a camel and remember five words! And brag about it!

It really is amazing how stupid people are, that they can perceive Trump as anything other than a consummate moron. How can any adult not have learned by now that, when you come across someone who shouts that he's smarter than everyone else, he's not. He's probably an idiot. When someone tells you they're a stable genius, they're not. A stable genius would never say that. People with big brains don't brag about their big brains. This undereducated imbecile, born rich and never worked for anyone other than the family real estate business, claims he knows more than the doctors and the generals and there are actually people stupid enough to believe him. 

It's like none of you fucking people have ever interacted with MarkStanco. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

I'll add onto this.  We were in Italy in 2017 and the only English speaking channel in the hotel was CNN International and it was completely different than CNN here and in a good way.  No commentary at all.  No screens with five talking heads.  DACA was going down at the time and they were basic news: Who, What, Why, Where, and How.  I learned a ton about DACA at the time.  Wish CNN did that here.

Italy does a lot of things right.  Driving in Italy is very refreshing because there are almost ZERO billboards and no chain restaurants or stores.  Everything is local and only what you actually need.

1 minute ago, G650 said:

Seems excessive to watch that much news. I mean, I will totally toss on BBC when I'm overseas as background in the hotel and whatnot, but in my day to day life I would be way too distracted to actually do things I need to do watching news 24/7. I just follow most reputable news sources and a few trusted journos on Twitter, and every now and then do a quick scroll and basically stay up to date.

Ha. You're misunderstanding me. I don't want to watch 24/7. I just want someplace that is a 24/7 network so I can turn it on at off hours when I'm home and get latest news and see if there's anything breaking. 

But if you think spending all day here isn't rotting all of our brains in a different way, well. Ignorance is bliss. 

8 hours ago, markstanco said:
9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

At least you Trumpkins make me laugh, so thanks for that.

That a block of millions of people can’t grasp the difference in degree....goddamn, it’s amazing y’all don’t just piss on your own shoes. God bless y’all.

We are all dumb for sure. Any new promises for moving to Canada this time? Man the lines have been a historic lengthy wait like no other year for early voting. Probably biden voters.

Oh.....the fucking IRONY.  You guys really can't help it, can you?  Pissing on your shoes, repeatedly, and laughing at how that owns the libs...

Don't bet on the U.S.-Canadian border reopening after the closure agreement expires Oct. 21.

In an interview Wednesday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said his country is committed to keeping the border closed until the United States gets control of COVID-19.

"The U.S. is not in a place where we would feel comfortable reopening those borders," he told the hosts of "Smart Start," which airs on Canada's Global Television Network. “We will continue to make sure that Canadian safety is top of mind when we move forward. We see the cases in the United States and elsewhere around the world, and we need to continue to keep these border controls in place." 

Canada has locked the door to keep the deranged nextdoor neighbor from getting in.  And nobody on earth can blame them.  This is also, of course, particularly shitty for me, as my daughter lives in Canada now, so our chances to see her are pretty fucking limited.  Big, HEARTY thanks to the leadership of your fucking Moron in Chief.  Keep pissing on your shoes, dude.

I can really only watch:

CNN - Poppy & Jim, John King, Brianna, and Tapper

MSNBC - Stephanie Rhule, Katy Tur, and Deadline:: WhiteHouse with Nicolle Wallace which I would watch her show from 8-4pm because she’s just that good. 

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Empires are funny that way.  Yeah, I have to say...Impeachment/Covid really turned all the news to even shittier shit than the shitty shit it was before.  I used to watch Fox News 10-20 years ago because they just brought shit to light that nobody else was talking about.  Then just gave up on cable news altogether.  But during the last year, have primarily relied on CNN.  They have a fact-based foundation but then it's the same fucking 10 people saying the same shit over and over again, in different ways, all fucking day long.  I still look to the ABC Sunday morning show for a solid and balanced recap of the week as well.   

We try and do 30-60 minutes per night of accurate news after the kids are in bed.  But it's a fucking beating lately.  I still read a bit of either NYT/WaPo each day and then the Statesman and Bloomberg.  Each week, it's a lot of Texas Tribune, then some Reason, National Review, Mother Jones, and maybe Atlantic.  If you're not being exposed to all sides, you're not entitled to your opinion.  

During a pandemic, you need up-to-the-minute data, but this has been excruciating.  

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

CNN International is actually really good.

When traveling in the US, in the morning I turn on CNN HLN.  Not because it's hard news....but because Robin Meade is my precise wheelhouse.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ha. You're misunderstanding me. I don't want to watch 24/7. I just want someplace that is a 24/7 network so I can turn it on at off hours when I'm home and get latest news and see if there's anything breaking. 

But if you think spending all day here isn't rotting all of our brains in a different way, well. Ignorance is bliss. 

Check out Reuters TV app. It is my morning go to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

CNN is pure sensationalism. They’re usually on the truth side, but they take whatever story and turn it up to 11. It’s hard to watch sometimes because I feel like I might get a seizure from the bright lights and graphics. 

Fox is straight up propaganda. It actually rots your brain. 

CNN was better before Fox News came along and changed the paradigm. It's a ratings-driven business and Fox took over the ratings by being less news, more opinion. CNN was forced to adapt in order to compete and we're all losers as a result. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Let me suggest Shep Smith on CNBC at 6 p.m.  Full length hour and actual news.  I've had it on while working out after work and I've been pleasantly surprised and I hate cable news for all the reasons mentioned above.

Wife loves Shep, was heartbroken when he left Fox only show she watched on Fox. 

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean I don't support total abstinence. What kind of monster do you think I am?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, just so you're clear, the profile of "your wheelhouse" over the years is basically "every kind of woman from hot to marginally hot." It doesn't really paint much of a picture. 

Curvy/Busty women who drink whisky? Brisket's Wheelhouse
Super Skinny chicks with huge knockers? Also Brisket's Wheelhouse
Latin Women? Wheelhouse.
Black hair? Wheelhouse
Vagina? Wheelhouse.

And....your point?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Listen, just so you're clear, the profile of "your wheelhouse" over the years is basically "every kind of woman from hot to marginally hot." It doesn't really paint much of a picture. 

Latin Women? Wheelhouse.
Black hair? Wheelhouse
Vagina? Wheelhouse.

I too share this affliction.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

And....your point?

The point is the first sentence two sentences. It doesn't paint much of a picture. If you're favorite food is "all food" you're not really telling anyone shit. For a man who is clearly articulate and enjoys painting elaborate pictures through the written word and storytelling, it's a bit of a letdown. 

Latin Women? Wheelhouse.
Black hair? Wheelhouse
Vagina? Wheelhouse.

Dang thats my wheelhouse also.

51 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Never mind that they would be fine if Trump got a Fox News town hall with Hannity or some other surrogate. Of course, no commentary on the content. 

With 18 days left, I wouldn't be surprised if Fox held a town hall in just a fashion for Trump, because he needs at least one forum like this where his feelings won't get hurt.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The point is the first sentence two sentences. It doesn't paint much of a picture. If you're favorite food is "all food" you're not really telling anyone shit. For a man who is clearly articulate and enjoys painting elaborate pictures through the written word and storytelling, it's a bit of a letdown. 

Well, how about this.....smart, curvy brunettes are the top tier of my wheelhouse.  My wheelhouse is indeed large, with lots of available space....but it has many floors, of escalating quality.

I mean, hell....that's the way I feel about food, too.  I absolutely love a 5 course meal at Commander's Palace, and a glass of 20 yr old scotch.  But I also love me some ballpark nachos with lotsa jalapenos and a coldbeer.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This.  And add on top that after he claims all these things, he goes and proves that he is in fact none of those things.  He is an abject moron.  He is an idiot savant in the realm of showmanship and pulling a simple con.  That's it.  When it comes to everything else, he is functionally inept and it's a wonder he has made it as far as he has without grievously injuring himself.

I’m not a psychologist so this is just based off my experience living on planet earth only.

I think that It’s human nature for normal people to interpret sociopaths as smart / good leaders. Where as it is normal to doubt oneself, they do not. People interpret that as ‘he knows what he’s doing’. I think that’s the problem. We try and project / graft reasons why a person would act in a certain way because he short circuits our brains’ understanding of human behavior. I also think it’s human nature to try and explain it in a positive way too. So that’s how this selfish idiot born on 3rd base who’s bankrupted every business he actually ran becomes a ‘competent business man who built an empire, is a 4D chess playing genius, who’s a brilliant tactician that is looking out for those without power.’ He’s such a blank canvas of a human being, that we’ve crafted the imagine of a person that he MUST be, or else we’d have to face the reality that a man so bereft of any redeeming qualities has gotten this far ahead in life. I mean, if America really looked into the mirror at what DJT is and represents (as a human and American), then our internal narrative of who we are would have to be questioned. And no one likes that kind of deep introspection. That shit usually only happens when you hit rock bottom / are facing stage 10,000 cancer.

Add to that the deification of rich that we seem to do culturally and his almost 40 years of celebrity, he comes across as a ‘known quantity’ or ‘safe’ or ‘smart’ because he’s so familiar to people and ‘has’ a lot of money. Poor people are dumb, rich people are smart... right?

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, how about this.....smart, curvy brunettes are the top tier of my wheelhouse.  My wheelhouse is indeed large, with lots of available space....but it has many floors, of escalating quality.

I mean, hell....that's the way I feel about food, too.  I absolutely love a 5 course meal at Commander's Palace, and a glass of 20 yr old scotch.  But I also love me some ballpark nachos with lotsa jalapenos and a coldbeer.

See. That's so much better. Thank you. Perhaps you should consider abandoning the notion of wheelhouse and adopt some kind of Dante's Inferno Levels of Fuckability.

"This chick falls right into my greasy burger and cheap beer ring of fuckability."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Empires are funny that way.  Yeah, I have to say...Impeachment/Covid really turned all the news to even shittier shit than the shitty shit it was before.  I used to watch Fox News 10-20 years ago because they just brought shit to light that nobody else was talking about.  Then just gave up on cable news altogether.  But during the last year, have primarily relied on CNN.  They have a fact-based foundation but then it's the same fucking 10 people saying the same shit over and over again, in different ways, all fucking day long.  I still look to the ABC Sunday morning show for a solid and balanced recap of the week as well.   

We try and do 30-60 minutes per night of accurate news after the kids are in bed.  But it's a fucking beating lately.  I still read a bit of either NYT/WaPo each day and then the Statesman and Bloomberg.  Each week, it's a lot of Texas Tribune, then some Reason, National Review, Mother Jones, and maybe Atlantic.  If you're not being exposed to all sides, you're not entitled to your opinion.  

During a pandemic, you need up-to-the-minute data, but this has been excruciating.  

Thats because there isn't 24 hours worth of news. They could give all of every day's news in 30 minutes.  All the commentary is just filling up airtime. CNN needs to do more things like Bourdain's old show and less commentary.

Also, you don't need up-to-the-second national and world covid data. You need breaking news on local outbreaks, closings, etc.  The rest you can get in a single 30 minute daily newscast. Trudeau is keeping the Canada border closed. Do you really need to know about that as he says it?  Or can you wait until 9 pm and learn about it?

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

See. That's so much better. Thank you. Perhaps you should consider abandoning the notion of wheelhouse and adopt some kind of Dante's Inferno Levels of Fuckability.

"This chick falls right into my greasy burger and cheap beer ring of fuckability."

Your suggestion has merit, and I may adopt such an approach. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Italy does a lot of things right.  Driving in Italy is very refreshing because there are almost ZERO billboards and no chain restaurants or stores.  Everything is local and only what you actually need.

Except having to pay to use bathrooms in roadside travel centers.  I know that's a thing in Europe, but it's fucking weird.

Just now, kevwun said:

Except having to pay to use bathrooms in roadside travel centers.  I know that's a thing in Europe, but it's fucking weird.

Nah. That's a good thing too. The bathrooms are much cleaner, you can sit down on a toilet and take a shit without catching AIDS from the seat, and you don't have people trying to take showers in the sinks. 

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It is what it is.  Kind of like going to a Mexican food restaurant in another state and having to pay for chips and salsa.

Just now, conVINCEd said:

It is what it is.  Kind of like going to a Mexican food restaurant in another state and having to pay for chips and salsa.

Nope.  Some crimes against humanity will not stand.  Mexican restaurants charging for chips and salsa is just such a crime.  Haul them before the Hague, and exact our punishment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Do you actually care what other guys find attractive?

n2qrrdx9z0n01.jpg

7 minutes ago, kevwun said:

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Nah. That's a good thing too. The bathrooms are much cleaner, you can sit down on a toilet and take a shit without catching AIDS from the seat, and you don't have people trying to take showers in the sinks. 

Hell, I'd pay in the United States, if I'm guaranteed such a facility.  Instead we get a vast difference between roadside travel centers restrooms from "charming" to crime scene.

And I'm not even talking about facilities run by the states.  Those are a different thing completely, but the same principal applies: if the State of Texas started charging a nominal fee for their facilities, but you were guaranteed a  high level of competency, cleanliness and efficiency, I'd be all about that.