10.15.20 Trump Town Hall Thread Of Insanity

South Austin

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope.  Some crimes against humanity will not stand.  Mexican restaurants charging for chips and salsa is just such a crime.  Haul them before the Hague, and exact our punishment.

While I certainly agree with you in theory, as a practical matter, if I am in Colorado and feel like eating some mediocre enchiladas, I know going in that I am probably going to have to pay for my chips and salsa.  Do I like it?  No, I do not.  The first time it happened I was flabbergasted.  I believe I even contemplated what it would take to amend the Constitution to require all Mexican restaurants to provide complimentary chips and salsa.  But now I know the deal, and it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

While I certainly agree with you in theory, as a practical matter, if I am in Colorado and feel like eating some mediocre enchiladas, I know going in that I am probably going to have to pay for my chips and salsa.  Do I like it?  No, I do not.  The first time it happened I was flabbergasted.  I believe I even contemplated what it would take to amend the Constitution to require all Mexican restaurants to provide complimentary chips and salsa.  But now I know the deal, and it is what it is.

See, cowards like you are how we normalize atrocities.

Well,

ImpartialHelpfulEquestrian-size_restrict

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Fuckin A.  This deal is getting worse all the time.  Even in NYC where there are no free drink refills and the enchiladas are even more mediocre, the chips and salsa are complimentary.

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

See, cowards like you are how we normalize atrocities.

Well,

ImpartialHelpfulEquestrian-size_restrict

Should we take a road trip across the US, stop at every Mexican restaurant we come across, and work up a #6 on every one that does not provide free chips and salsa?  Is that a good plan of action?

• Hook 'Em 2

“You know those ratings are bullshit Joe Birgundy!   They don’t take into account households with more than two television sets.  And other things!!!...of that nature.  Mary Trump is a saint, you hear me?  Mary Trump is a saint!”  

-President Donald J. Mantooth 

18 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Should we take a road trip across the US, stop at every Mexican restaurant we come across, and work up a #6 on every one that does not provide free chips and salsa?  Is that a good plan of action?

I have engaged on many a quest more foolish and pointless than this......so.....

tenor.gif?itemid=12281820

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

That's because CNN has truly become the anti-Trump network. The complete foil of Fox News. I long for the days when CNN wasn't commentary driven. 

I pos repped this mostly for the last sentence and the first. Accurate.

I think they happen to be the foil of FOX News at the moment as are most news outlets because they try to deal in facts and be accurate in their reporting. FOX abandoned that standard if they ever even had it. 

Should Trump lose and FOX not have a dictator to support, I think editorial decisions will give the appearance of CNN and other organizations standing down from representing political opposition. At the moment, there's not other way for them to do their jobs than to identify lies and liars of a party trying to gain permanent ascendancy by those means.

Big AMEN to TV news being commentary driven. Change the faces every two hours and say the same fucking things over and over and over. Unwatchable beyond about 30 minutes a day.

If something new breaks that I don't fully grasp, I'll let Rachel line it out for me; she's brilliant at that and seems to personify decency. Teamed with Joy and Nicole, she completes a threesome of solid commentary on a breaking political event. But I won't watch that unless there is something interesting to discuss.

CNN needs to get off their dead asses and seek news instead of relying on print journalists for substance. I think they only break a story if it walks in the front door and opens its veins on the editor's desk.

"Get the Blitzer in here! Get his favorite bloviators, too! I need comments!"

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Except having to pay to use bathrooms in roadside travel centers.  I know that's a thing in Europe, but it's fucking weird.

My only Euro roadside bathroom experience is from travel through rural Norway.  Norway has an excellent "gas station" culture -- they have nice gas stations in most every little town, and they offer quality dining as well -- the Norwegian gas station hot dog, the pølse, is a thing of transcendent beauty.  There is a hot griddle in most every gas station, where they prepare these:

norway-hotdogs.jpg

But I digress.  All of the bathrooms are free.  And I recall a particular Shell station, on the outskirts of Alesund.  As we were leaving the town, the grumbles hit me.....and I went into their nice, clean bathroom, decorated with a pastoral floral motif.....and rendered it unusable for some period of time afterwards.  Don't know what upset my stomach, but it was indeed angry.

Then, several days later, as we returned to Alesund.....I had to make a similar emergency stop.  Ended up at the exact same Shell station, exact same bathroom, exact same result.  I imagine that the staff at that location decided to hate Americans after that week.

But at least I didn't have to pay for the privilege of committing such atrocities.

Y'all really should try the Norwegian hot dogs, they're ridiculously good.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But I digress.  All of the bathrooms are free.  And I recall a particular Shell station, on the outskirts of Alesund.  As we were leaving the town, the grumbles hit me.....and I went into their nice, clean bathroom, decorated with a pastoral floral motif.....and rendered it unusable for some period of time afterwards.  Don't know what upset my stomach, but it was indeed angry.

Then, several days later, as we returned to Alesund.....I had to make a similar emergency stop.  Ended up at the exact same Shell station, exact same bathroom, exact same result.  I imagine that the staff at that location decided to hate Americans after that week.

But at least I didn't have to pay for the privilege of committing such atrocities.

Y'all really should try the Norwegian hot dogs, they're ridiculously good.

Ridiculously good, but they give you the squirts? I can that for cheaper at Taco Bell.

3 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Ridiculously good, but they give you the squirts? I can that for cheaper at Taco Bell.

No, the gastric distress on the front end was prior to any hot dog consumption, and on the back end, hadn't had a hot dog in a while.  My son also experienced such an issue, and we tied it to consumption of too much fiskesuppe (heavy, cream-based fish soup -- really delicious).

8ukesmeny730.jpg

The hot dogs are sublime.  And in a country where most grub is pricey, they're a cheap lunch.  Or even a cheap dinner.

Edited by Brisketexan

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, how about this.....smart, curvy brunettes are the top tier of my wheelhouse.  My wheelhouse is indeed large, with lots of available space....but it has many floors, of escalating quality.

I mean, hell....that's the way I feel about food, too.  I absolutely love a 5 course meal at Commander's Palace, and a glass of 20 yr old scotch.  But I also love me some ballpark nachos with lotsa jalapenos and a coldbeer.

Variety. Spice of life. 

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

You can see in his eyes, he searches up and to the right.  He's accessing the talking points he was given by his handlers. 

Nazi Germany? I know nothing about that.

Nothing? You know nothing?

Nope. Well, I know they have a saying about work making a person free. I like that. I'm a big believer in hard work and its rewards.

Sir, what about what they're doing to the Jewish population? 

I don't know anything about that. I hear they give Jews free transportation to join other Jewish people. That's something that sounds nice. And, I hear they like me, so I like that. 

9a52cb80f4ac267521c18dd2f4ceab4f.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Titties are a little lopsided .  

What's wrong with lopsided?  It allows optimization of one's full-body approach.  Left side, gotta stay a little higher for a quick drive-by.  Right side, carry on soldier, the world is your oyster.

Or something like that.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's frustrating. There isn't really a viable news channel I can go to when I want a news update at off hours, because evenings are dominated by our son. BBC is fine, but it's a worldwide focus. PBS is at the wrong time. There isn't a fucking news channel that cares about delivering the news, just like ESPN isn't a fucking sports news network it's sports entertainment. It pisses me off there isn't an alternative out there. Capitalism at work. 

I get leads from here. I also spent $39 to get email stories from the Washington Post for a year. It goes up to about $140 after that. Worth it.

I browse my junk mail and open what interests me. I'm liking it. I also like to support at least one newspaper that finds news. It's strange that I used to read a paper every morning and loved the Sunday paper during football season to read all the articles about the Longhorns and other college games. I just about never buy a paper now.  Sad.

I should check out other news orgs. I think it was Cox that was on top of the Iraq invasion lead up and what was being sold as truth. That deserves some kind of reward.

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I want to bum around Scandinavia soooooo badly. Ideally with a 4 day layover in Iceland along the way. 

Can't recommend it highly enough.  A longer return trip to Norway is very much on our list.  Functioning country, great and friendly people, and the prettiest scenery, hikes, etc. I've ever seen.  And, you know....great hot dogs.

36 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Imperfect?  

9dd5b4af-8009-4fa7-a9bb-dccf76e2ee55.jpe

I just mean 30 year old me would have hit on her at a bar, whereas 30 year old me would look at Charlize Theron in a bar and realize she's way out of my league.  Judy Greer is hot, but not so perfect as to seem unapproachable.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Let's be honest, it's not hard to get the numbers for covid right, it's not hard to interview infectious disease experts and doctors who tell the truth.

That's exactly what's good and what's bad about CNN et al. The do the absolutely easiest thing available and don't bother even with other easy things.

They endlessly report number of infections and deaths. Full stop. Not going any further. Audience can't handle more than that (or we can say that so that we don't have do any more work). 

WHAT IS THE RATE OF PERSONS INFECTED WHO SUFFER GREATLY/MILDLY?

WHAT IS THE PROPORTION OF THOSE WHO SUFFER TO THOSE WITH LONGTERM ILL EFFECTS?

HOW MANY PEOPLE WITHOUT SYMPTOMS SHOW LUNG DAMAGE? (I saw a reputable story in the spring that said that spots were showing up on lung x-rays of the asymptomatic. Not a word since.)

I also haven't seen much detailed explanation (as I did in an Atlantic article) about how much concentration of the germs is required for it to nest. Most of the anti-mask idiots think a single droplet slipping between the threads of their masks will get them. No. It takes thousands if I recall correctly.

A CNN intern could get this information on the phone or by email in under half an hour, I'm sure. 

I despise CNN for their laziness and for trying to fulfill every reporter's dream of hosting an opinion show where they can presume to explain the news (they avoid) to we poor, earnest simpletons who just can't get our widdle minds around something unless it's explained twenty times by twenty people using the same words.

Okay. I'm going to go get some sedation now. 

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I get leads from here. I also spent $39 to get email stories from the Washington Post for a year. It goes up to about $140 after that. Worth it.

My paypal just got tagged for $106 from WaPo.  I assume I hit the end of my year of ~ $3 monthly subscription and I'm up to $9 or whatever.

Completely worth it.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

See. That's so much better. Thank you. Perhaps you should consider abandoning the notion of wheelhouse and adopt some kind of Dante's Inferno Levels of Fuckability.

"This chick falls right into my greasy burger and cheap beer ring of fuckability."

Or (and this isn't directed just to you) it's also possible to not follow any mention of a female anchor / politician / actress / <insert profession here> without accompanying metric of fuckability at all. I know that's a pretty crazy opinion but it just might work!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Or (and this isn't directed just to you) it's also possible to not follow any mention of a female anchor / politician / actress / <insert profession here> without accompanying metric of fuckability at all. I know that's a pretty crazy opinion but it just might work!

Not possible, sorry.  It’s basic human instinct for reproduction of our species.  Even if most of the species don’t deserve to reproduce.

1 hour ago, Gap03 said:

I love it, even if it's just the Tik Tok generation fucking with Dotard.

Lol.  I posted yesterday that my daughter had shared that a worldwide group of teenagers were planning on streaming Biden on every device they could get a hold of just to fuck with Trump.  She had 6 tvs and 5 phones streaming at my house last night.  The next generation gives me significant hope.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

LOW RATINGS DON.   SAD!

Oh wow.  That's going to absolutely fucking kill him.  LOL

I hope the Lincoln Project has that cued up. Beautiful. 

Edit: I saw that's youtube views, his old pant-shitting demo doesn't youtube.  What were actual TV ratings?

Edited by ChiTownDoc

29 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Not possible, sorry.  It’s basic human instinct for reproduction of our species.  Even if most of the species don’t deserve to reproduce.

The other thing is that men are just more brazen about it. If you are within earshot of women watching a TV show or movie and they don't think any men are listening they basically make the exact same comments about the men they're watching. I mean I agree that it's silly but it happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh wow.  That's going to absolutely fucking kill him.  LOL

I hope the Lincoln Project has that cued up. Beautiful. 

Edit: I saw that's youtube views, his old pant-shitting demo doesn't youtube.  What were actual TV ratings?

Yes and Biden won those also. ( posted directly above your post)

Edited by DigglerontheHoof

Honestly didn't think Biden would outdraw him and I think that's a tremendous sign that Biden is winning over "independents" who want to see him discuss his agenda. 

What is the final debate format and who is the moderator? If you're Biden, I would use the town hall as an example of how the next debate should go and if Trump cannot agree to not interrupting then Biden shouldn't do the final debate.