10.15.20 Trump Town Hall Thread Of Insanity

South Austin

Just now, mdmost said:

Honestly didn't think Biden would outdraw him and I think that's a tremendous sign that Biden is winning over "independents" who want to see him discuss his agenda. 

What is the final debate format and who is the moderator? If you're Biden, I would use the town hall as an example of how the next debate should go and if Trump cannot agree to not interrupting then Biden shouldn't do the final debate. 

Yeah I totally agree, I am all Biden but I'd watch Trump's town hall first, just like I'd turn my head to watch a trainwreck vs a perfectly normal (if not slow) train humming down the tracks...

Really bad sign for low ratings Donny...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Honestly didn't think Biden would outdraw him and I think that's a tremendous sign that Biden is winning over "independents" who want to see him discuss his agenda. 

What is the final debate format and who is the moderator? If you're Biden, I would use the town hall as an example of how the next debate should go and if Trump cannot agree to not interrupting then Biden shouldn't do the final debate. 

Can we all take a step back and realize the insanity of what's happening?  A United States of America Presidential Debate is unlikely to happen because one of the candidates cannot control himself enough to not lash out like a fucking toddler.  This man is the incumbent.  What the fuck is happening?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

My only Euro roadside bathroom experience is from travel through rural Norway.  Norway has an excellent "gas station" culture -- they have nice gas stations in most every little town, and they offer quality dining as well -- the Norwegian gas station hot dog, the pølse, is a thing of transcendent beauty.  There is a hot griddle in most every gas station, where they prepare these:

norway-hotdogs.jpg

But I digress.  All of the bathrooms are free.  And I recall a particular Shell station, on the outskirts of Alesund.  As we were leaving the town, the grumbles hit me.....and I went into their nice, clean bathroom, decorated with a pastoral floral motif.....and rendered it unusable for some period of time afterwards.  Don't know what upset my stomach, but it was indeed angry.

Then, several days later, as we returned to Alesund.....I had to make a similar emergency stop.  Ended up at the exact same Shell station, exact same bathroom, exact same result.  I imagine that the staff at that location decided to hate Americans after that week.

But at least I didn't have to pay for the privilege of committing such atrocities.

Y'all really should try the Norwegian hot dogs, they're ridiculously good.

I think that's most of Europe honestly.  I've had food at gas stops in Germany that best 90% of the food you can get in a sit down German place in the states.  As far as euro gas station hot dogs, The Czechs have something that's like a combo of kielbasa and spanish chorizo.  I don't know wtf that thing is, but its amazing.  They also do the weird pocket bun thing like they do in Hawaii, so bonus points there.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Can we all take a step back and realize the insanity of what's happening?  A United States of America Presidential Debate is unlikely to happen because one of the candidates cannot control himself enough to not lash out like a fucking toddler.  This man is the incumbent.  What the fuck is happening?

Um, we're gonna need a while on this one.  Did you just wake up out of a coma?

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Um, we're gonna need a while on this one.  Did you just wake up out of a coma?

I'm talking about purely from the debate perspective.  We are actually having to presuppose that the incumbent president cannot control himself and stick to agreed upon rules of civility surrounding a debate.  That alone should fucking disqualify him from holding office.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How can any adult not have learned by now that, when you come across someone who shouts that he's smarter than everyone else, he's not. He's probably an idiot. When someone tells you they're a stable genius, they're not. A stable genius would never say that. People with big brains don't brag about their big brains.

Please take it to the Fire Tom Herman thread.

• Hook 'Em 3

Or (and this isn't directed just to you) it's also possible to not follow any mention of a female anchor / politician / actress / without accompanying metric of fuckability at all. I know that's a pretty crazy opinion but it just might work!

Good grief, thank you for this.

The 2020 Senate thread got weird yesterday and now this.

Y’all know there’s a whole “Peeing in her butt” forum for this, yeah?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SameSame said:

Not joking had a co-worker take off to get her up-tops enhanced and came back looking something similar to that.  

People started referring to her as Marty Feldman, and that poor girl never had a clue.

you can say tits, you know. it's not gonna hurt our fee-fees

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Counterpoint: What would you say if I told you Beto was going to be teaching at Texas State?

15 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

BRB going to enroll at Texas State as a Political Science major.

350?cb=20180908164848

That's what I thought. 

But, seriously, I get where you're coming from.

But then again, you're on a forum that must be, what, 80%+ male? These are the conversations we have some time. And don't act like women don't have similar conversations when amongst themselves. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

That's because CNN has truly become the anti-Trump network. The complete foil of Fox News. I long for the days when CNN wasn't commentary driven. 

This.  There was a transition period when you could still go to HLN for news without all the spin but now it just shows docudramas.

41 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm talking about purely from the debate perspective.  We are actually having to presuppose that the incumbent president cannot control himself and stick to agreed upon rules of civility surrounding a debate.  That alone should fucking disqualify him from holding office.

If you look at anything 'purely' as in a vacuum - it all ends up looking like he should be dq'd from office.  Emoluments, taxes, and on and on and on - there's a 100 things that you can look at 'purely' and you'll rightfully draw the conclusion that he should be disqualified from holding office.  

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

i mean, yeah, we all get it, but your avatar definitely does not check out

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

It is what it is.  Kind of like going to a Mexican food restaurant in another state and having to pay for chips and salsa.

Where in the fuck does a Mexican restaurant charge for chips and salsa?

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It wasn't one minute.  It was literally the next sentence:

And let's not overlook the fact that Trump was very close to Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell for decades.  So yeah, I'm just going to be a little skeptical that you're "very strongly against pedophilia", Donald.

Oh, and that he was indicted on child rape charges with Epstein. That’s a matter of public court record

7 minutes ago, G650 said:

I would say my batting average on free chips and salsa is about .500 when eating Mexican food in a state that doesn’t border Mexico.  Not a huge sample size, because I am generally not gone long enough that I can’t wait until I get back home to eat good Mexican food.  Sometimes you are with a big group and just go with the flow.  Off the top of my head, It has occurred in Oklahoma,  Colorado, South Carolina, Nevada, and New York.

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

I would say my batting average on free chips and salsa is about .500 when eating Mexican food in a state that doesn’t border Mexico.  Not a huge sample size, because I am generally not gone long enough that I can’t wait until I get back home to eat good Mexican food.  Sometimes you are with a big group and just go with the flow.  Off the top of my head, It has occurred in Oklahoma,  Colorado, South Carolina, Nevada, and New York.

I've literally never had that happen, and I've lived on both coasts and been through the whole country, including South Cackalacky. And have eaten at some really shitty Mexican joints.

That said I'd never dream of getting Mexican in some random lily white area.

1 minute ago, G650 said:

I've literally never had that happen, and I've lived on both coasts and been through the whole country, including South Cackalacky. And have eaten at some really shitty Mexican joints.

That said I'd never dream of getting Mexican in some random lily white area.

Unless my hand is forced by a customer or prospect, I'm not going for TexMex outside of Texas or California. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, G650 said:

Yeah, that's a misdemeanor in most towns.

I'm almost ashamed to admit how many times I've blown through a happy hour drinking $5 margs and eating free chips and salsa for "dinner".  Throw in a couple of bucks now and again, and that salsa becomes queso.  I'm not proud.

4 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Though I wouldn’t be surprised  If this is true, I couldn’t find a definitive link. Do you have one, perhaps?

I don't think it is true.  He has had civil (not criminal) suits filed against him but they were dismissed.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Can we all take a step back and realize the insanity of what's happening?  A United States of America Presidential Debate is unlikely to happen because one of the candidates cannot control himself enough to not lash out like a fucking toddler.  This man is the incumbent.

Action

image.png.51ed3d114e9a7ae36df48d1d6a166d0f.png

image.png.38eb1e9f4a8ee36210ab5304e5a5a069.png

What the fuck is happening?

Reaction

image.png.1fef3dfc16b8166b09ca4633ac58b5f4.png

image.png.e116af9744b8d976d86a3ef9244cc488.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Unless my hand is forced by a customer or prospect, I'm not going for TexMex outside of Texas or California. 

I feel like it's fine in Arizona and New Mexico as well...

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

WaPo is free if you have Prime.

Wait what?

• Hook 'Em 1