Are we about to candy up our work clothes?

Roofle

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

I’m glad the “stormtrooper whites” moniker has been dying out the past few years. No idea why people thought naming those unis after the bumblefucks of the Star Wars universe was a good idea. But then again it was fitting for our teams recently. 

So wouldn’t that name be the perfect representative of the past decade?

• Hook 'Em 1

I am grunteled by one thing, and we'll see if it holds up. NO NAMES ON THE BACK. Maybe we can start to actually have a TEAM, instead of a bunch of individuals (emulating the arrogance of their coach). Maybe,    a   start.

Yeah ...

David McWilliams “Era” we did the....

TEAM

—ME—

....t-shirts. It was awesome.

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

Yeah ...

David McWilliams “Era” we did the....

TEAM

—ME—

....t-shirts. It was awesome.

Lots of schools had/have shirts like that. It reads like “Team Me” unless you actually stop and think about what you’re reading. It conveys the exact opposite of its intended message.

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Almost disappointed this isn't what was expected. A black uniform would've been great to see people lose their minds over and would've helped expedite the firing process. 

We’ve had plenty to lose our minds over and to fire Tom. Fuck off. 

So Nebraska just came out with one of these videos last week.  OOOOO uniforms are so scary.

I'd go back to December 7, 1996.....knowing the outcome in advance.....to watch some real motherfuckers play for the fucking names on the front instead of this candy ass shit.

Fuck you college football for what you have become.

11 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

I have some recollection, from some long ago LSU vs. Tulane game....that the NCAA requires the home team to wear color, unless the opponent agrees otherwise?

Apparently, Tulane is the only LSU opponent that regularly (they used to play often) forced them to wear purple at home.

If true, I guess Baylor had to sign off.

Oklahoma State wore all white 1987 throwbacks at home vs West Virginia this year to honor Thurman. It happens. 

image.png.60332c87456fdaf34fe2ad4501453ea2.png

• Like 1

Only thing I take from this is 1 national title in 50 years since winning the coaches poll in 1970. Wahoo. Nice uniforms but that is depressing what could have been in 1977, 1983, 2001 (we weren't beating Miami tho), 2004, 2008, 2009.. I'm sure I am missing some. 

6 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Fuck off to any Longhorn "fans" who root for us to lose on Saturday. Or any other day.

"Behold the Lord slayeth the wicked to bring forth his righteous purposes. It is better that one man should die than a whole nation perish in disbelief."

1 Nephi 4, 13

quoted by Juanita re: the sacrifice of John D. Lee

8 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Fuck off to any Longhorn "fans" who root for us to lose on Saturday. Or any other day.

We ain't losing to Baylor.  They will have practiced, what, 4 or 5 times, since October 7?  And they probably haven't had a single Sunday practice.  (And we know how crucial those are to any team's success.)

If Herman loses to that mess on Saturday, at home, then he really does deserve to be axed.   And not at the end of the season.