The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Dude, there are a dozen dipshits just in Trump’s immediate orbit who have fail-giffed as badly as Wohl.  Carter Page; The Mooch; that drunk Numberg; Cohen; Giuliani; Dersh; etc., etc.  This is the clown car of presidential administrations.  It houses an endless supply of idiots ready to pants themselves for the nation’s amusement.

Clown car.  Cartoon.  Zoo.  Carousel of Flatulence.  Here's a brief surface montage of people who became household images in relation to this administration:

clovis-sam.jpg

roger-stone-james-bond-facebook-668x501.

trump-doctor-1280x720.jpg

021614nunberg7hs_89032253.jpg?quality=90

n_hayes_ccarterpagereturns_180329_1920x1

maxresdefault.jpg

ce8ec820-dd56-11e8-8288-8e7a767c0bd0.jpg

epa-scott-pruitt-superfund-site-cleanup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

And to think: there are people out there who look at those pasty zeroes and think “I’m so proud of the White Race that I’m going to march in the streets, holding a tiki torch and wearing street hockey pads!”

Edited by BrickHorn

15 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

This Wohl kid is a nut, and I can't imagine that he will ever recover from this humiliation.  Seriously, I can't remember somebody stepping on their own dick in such spectacular fashion. 

I fear that this hilarious book won't have a happy ending.  

People like him are not this self-aware.  Nor are his followers. I expect that 20 years from now, assuming he’s not in prison, he will be hanging out in hotel conference rooms just like this, with 15-20 people listening to his seminar on buying precious metals.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yeah, but is anyone else besides us still paying attention?

I understand there's an election going on.  Hopefully this will blow up shortly thereafter, as it clearly won't do so before.

God forbid we have an informed electorate going into an election. But whatever. This will heat up again once votes are cast

59 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yeah, but is anyone else besides us still paying attention?

I understand there's an election going on.  Hopefully this will blow up shortly thereafter, as it clearly won't do so before.

Let’s say the media was talking about this non-stop instead of the caravan, would it make much of a difference?

Pending a conclusive report or massive indictments, the ship has sailed with people caring about the Russia investigation.

There’s a good argument to be made that the caravan strategy has motivated anti-Trump voters sitting on the sidelines just as much as the GOP base.  It’s so transparently manipulative.

18 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

And to think: there are people out there who look at those pasty zeroes and think “I’m so proud of the White Race that I’m going to march in the streets, holding a tiki torch and wearing street hockey pads!”

You know, I've been known to drink a little too much beer now and again.  OK, I drink a little too much beer . . . daily.

If I ever start to look like Steve Bannon, I hereby grant my permission for the authorities to euthanize me and then feed my liver fed to feral cats.

52 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This self-ownage is so awesome.  I've really not ever seen anything like it.

That's funny, I assumed his girlfriend lived in Canada so that's why we'd never see her.  She's also busy with her job because she's a really famous model, just in Canada.

20 hours ago, Chooky said:

Clown car.  Cartoon.  Zoo.  Carousel of Flatulence.  Here's a brief surface montage of people who became household images in relation to this administration:

clovis-sam.jpg

roger-stone-james-bond-facebook-668x501.

trump-doctor-1280x720.jpg

021614nunberg7hs_89032253.jpg?quality=90

n_hayes_ccarterpagereturns_180329_1920x1

maxresdefault.jpg

82e2e9bdca5199caf9e3873efd98cbf2.jpg

epa-scott-pruitt-superfund-site-cleanup.

Even in that lineup devoid of aesthetics, Bannon stands out as being physically revolting.  Every time I see him I am taken aback by just how repulsive his appearance is.

I’m 99% sure that he’s inhabited by the Thing and that at some point — on live TV — we’ll witness his head pop off, sprout spider legs and scurry away.

yZHJ7X.gif

Just now, shnsajax said:

It sucks that Carlin isn't around for this presidency.

It would be savage and he would have the cred to do it. 

I was driving the other day and realized there is no music, film/TV yet about what is going on around us.  It's as if most of the world is still in shock and hasn't come to grips with it.  I guess we still haven't gotten the official report yet from the election and every is waiting to accept the truth.  Those of us who've had the stamina to follow this since October 16 realize we're just farting in the wind and it's pointless until there are daily hearings in Congress.  

Come on Bob, quit raping and drop some knowledge.  

I'd bet that Carl Sagan would have billions and billions of things to say too.

Oh wait, he did:

Science is more than a body of knowledge; it is a way of thinking. I have a foreboding of an America in my children’s or grandchildren’s time — when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the key manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what’s true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness.

https://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/a-prophetic-1995-quote-from-carl-sagan-perfectly-describes-america-of-today

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

and Bill Hicks

Well we still got Alex right?

In all seriousness, Bill Hicks would have completely savaged trump to the point where even the trumpkins would be shamed. Why do the good ones have to die so early?

We could also use Lennon and belushi right about now, although the latter living this long was never gonna happen. 

Well, as long as we're on the subject, I'll throw Frank Zappa's name out there. I'd love to here what he'd have to say even though it wouldn't get widespread exposure.

He could even write a song or two about it. Hell, maybe a whole album with the material Trump provides. He wrote Dickie's Such an Asshole, The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing, Dumb All Over, Heavenly Bank Account, and When The Lie's So Big. He also rewrote lyrics for a bunch of Beatles songs that he performed as a mediy to scorch Jimmy Swaggert during his '88 tour (sing "Loosiana hooker with herpes" to the tune of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds). Not to mention taking on Tipper Gore and the PMRC. 

Oh yeah, he also wrote Jesus Thinks You're a Jerk. We could use his voice now more than ever. 

• Like 2

So this is Trump trying to sneak a fox into the hen house?    What are the implications of this?  How will it affect Mueller?

Citizens for Ethics and Responsibility (CREW) revealed on Friday that Trump signed a secret waiver to prevent Solicitor General Noel Francisco, the man who “built his law practice as if his primary goal was to troll the libs” and is poised to oversee Mueller’s probe if Trump fires Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, from having to recuse himself from the Russia investigation.

Trump’s campaign is represented by Francisco’s former law firm, Jones Day, in Mueller’s investigation, which has racked up more than 100 criminal charges against dozens of people, including guilty pleas from Trump’s former national security adviser, former campaign manager, and multiple former campaign advisers.

The president signed an Executive Order shortly after taking office in 2017 that he claimed would strengthen ethics rules in government. CREW explained why that should have caused Francisco to recuse himself from the Russia probe.

As required by that Executive Order, Mr. Francisco signed an ethics pledge in which he promised that, for two years after joining the government, he would not participate in any investigation in which Jones Day represents a client. That promise means he must stay out of the Special Counsel investigation until at least late January 2019.

However, Trump’s waiver, signed by former White House Counsel Don McGahn in April, now means the man next in line to supervise Mueller is free to be involved with the investigation that involves his former employer.

https://thinkprogress.org/donald-trump-robert-mueller-russia-investigation-special-counsel-noel-francisco-rod-rosenstein-bf9353160f62/