the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Or just remove her day one because you can. Fuck the opinions of trumpers. Let them think it was political. Who cares? They don’t get a seat at the table anymore.

You absolutely fire her day one (if this craziness actually happens).

”I’m going to leave behind a bonafide Q-Bot who is spending every waking minute undermining your presidency by investigating something that didn’t happen. But don’t remove her, that would be political.”

angry will ferrell GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

To be fair, Giuliani was US Attorney for the Southern DIstrict of New York.  HIs office took down the mob, not him, and I guarantee he didn't do any of the heavy lifting in that case.  He's still a pretty fast talker in court, though.

The Mafia is a topic that really interests me and I've read a lot of books and watched a lot of documentaries and the "commission trial" was only partially successful as one of the five family bosses wasn't really the boss. It was like in the Sopranos when Tony was the real boss and Junior was boss in name only.  

Edited by qwertyu1234
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, bluto said:

So as trump leaves office pardoning everybody like Jim Carey passing out tips to hotel staff in D & D, what happens when Biden immediately grants a pardon to hunter for anything they go after him for

Actually, if Trump were smart, he would grant Hunter a pardon along with all the others he's giving out. Then he can keep saying he's guilty, he was just pardoned out of the the goodness of his heart to allow the nation to heal. He would not have to worry about Hunter ever being cleared, because once he's pardoned, any fed prosecution would cease.

3 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

My hope now is that every dumbass that is donating money to him goes stone fkn broke so they can never do crap like that again.

See, that's where you are wrong.  They will just peddle their Beanie Babies and commemorative Dale Earnhardt plates to raise more cash to give to Trump.  Because reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

No, he wasn't.  Watson Bryant was his real attorney and his lead.  Wood definitely had a role, but Rockwell is portraying Bryant, who is a bit of a composite character but a real guy.

I keep read this as “Watson Brown,” like maybe Mack’s brother is a lawyer on the side and got Richard Jewell off, because that makes as much sense as anything these days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So apparently after receiving Dominion's cease and desist and litigation-hold letter, Fox is in full retreat.  Apparently showing a fact-check debunking of election fraud during Dobbs, Pirro, and Money Cunny segments. https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/19/business/fox-smartmatic-news-package/index.html

Yup. It is going to be glorious. 

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So apparently after receiving Dominion's cease and desist and litigation-hold letter, Fox is in full retreat.  Apparently showing a fact-check debunking of election fraud during Dobbs, Pirro, and Money Cunny segments. https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/19/business/fox-smartmatic-news-package/index.html

That shows you how good the lawsuit is against them. They knowingly broadcast easily provable lies. They are doing this to cover their ass. 

36 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yup. It is going to be glorious. 

26 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

That shows you how good the lawsuit is against them. They knowingly broadcast easily provable lies. They are doing this to cover their ass. 

Also means they are going to be very wary going forward.  For them to broadcast these segments is a huge blow to their image.

But yeah, the lawsuit was pretty damned solid, and I notice Fox and Smartmatic are being mum.

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Meanwhile, #crosstherubicon is trending, and man, people have some bad takes, comparing George Washington crossing the Delaware to Ceasar, for example.

I will never get over how they have somehow convinced these people of a world that is 180 degrees from reality. The coup is coming from inside the house you dumb motherfuckers. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

43 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Meanwhile, #crosstherubicon is trending, and man, people have some bad takes, comparing George Washington crossing the Delaware to Ceasar, for example.

Kelli Ward is driving the AZ GOP off the cliff like Thelma and Louise. 

By 2028, I think AZ will be as blue as CO and VA 

Trump and Trumpkins not gonna like this liberal bias truthiness. Orange Fox hating Tweets right into my veins.

Fox fucked around, and now finding out.

55 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So for the non-lawyers among us, did one insane lawyer just commit to defending another insane lawyer?

Fox News' legal team, which is probably a little bigger and better-funded than Lin Wood, instructed FNC to start running carefully constructed video clips backing down on their fraud claims.

Clearly, they should have just hired Lin Wood and told that company to fuck off.

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Being a named defendant in a defamation lawsuit regarding the election is clearly a conflict disqualifying her from being a special counsel investigating the election right?

She's disqualified by a) inexperience; b) having an indisputable bias concerning the subject matter of the investigation; and c) being a fucking lunatic subject to pending litigation and professional sanctions before you get to that part.

• Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fox News' legal team, which is probably a little bigger and better-funded than Lin Wood, instructed FNC to start running carefully constructed video clips backing down on their fraud claims.

Clearly, they should have just hired Lin Wood and told that company to fuck off.

They also are not suffering under mental defect or disease, while Wood clearly is.

Very interesting opinion piece from an Obama era lawyer that stayed on to fight Trump's agenda from within.  May need to sign in via social media for the whole article.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/20/opinion/trump-justice-department-lawyer.html

I was an attorney at the Justice Department when Donald Trump was elected president. I worked in the Office of Legal Counsel, which is where presidents turn for permission slips that say their executive orders and other contemplated actions are lawful. I joined the department during the Obama administration, as a career attorney whose work was supposed to be independent of politics.

I never harbored delusions about a Trump presidency. Mr. Trump readily volunteered that his agenda was to disassemble our democracy, but I made a choice to stay at the Justice Department — home to some of the country’s finest lawyers — for as long as I could bear it. I believed that I could better serve our country by pushing back from within than by keeping my hands clean. But I have come to reconsider that decision.

My job was to tailor the administration’s executive actions to make them lawful — in narrowing them, I could also make them less destructive. I remained committed to trying to uphold my oath even as the president refused to uphold his.

But there was a trade-off: We attorneys diminished the immediate harmful impacts of President Trump’s executive orders — but we also made them more palatable to the courts....

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

The letters written by lawyers for Smartmatic and Dominion are “extremely powerful,” said Floyd Abrams, one of the country’s most prominent First Amendment lawyers, in an email to The New York Times. “The repeated accusations against both companies are plainly defamatory and surely have done enormous reputational and financial harm to both.”

Mr. Abrams noted that “truth is always a defense” and that, failing that, the networks may defend themselves by saying they didn’t know the charges were false, while Ms. Powell may say she was simply describing legal filings.

That's about it in a nutshell.  Apparently, serious pundits think these suits could nearly destroy OANN and Newsmax.  That would be nice.