the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Please regale us with more D&B purse stories sir to show your lack of humblebrag capabilities.  ;) 

I met a guy named Gucci.  I thought it was relevant to the discussion of the Gucci brand.  It's not everyday you meet a guy named after a purse company.  You guys collect luxury goods.  I collect stories about obscure hip hop singers.  

I felt like Rafi when he met Chad Ochocinco and asked him if he was related to Mike Ochocinco, because it's not everyday you meet a guy with the same Spanish numerals as a last name.  

Back to Trump's legal woes.  It was ruled last night that the Trump Organization does have to turn over their financial records to NY General James and the AG's office.  They've been fighting for months to keep them confidential.  Mainly financial and billing records.  This was always going to happen.  What should concern Trumpers is that it's all happening precisely on General James' timetable.  She is lining up all her ducks for an all-out assault on 21 January.  She's actually ahead of schedule at this point.  Trump knows the battle is coming.  What he didn't count on is that it's going to happen so soon after he loses most of his priviliges.  

A fuck you would've sufficed. 

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

Maybe this is the difference in women’s fashion and men’s style, but for $3,000 you could go bespoke and it should last a lot longer than 5-10 years (and it shouldn’t be a black blazer, either).

I work for a British company and when someone says “bespoke” I want to punch them in their little chiclet teeth.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I work for a British company and when someone says “bespoke” I want to punch them in their little chiclet teeth.

Sounds like someone needs a little "becharming".  Get some and you life will be like a sea becalmed. 

56 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Sounds like someone needs a little "becharming".  Get some and you life will be like a sea becalmed. 

Jesus... It's not like his reputation was besmirched or anything. Besides, we should just mind our own beeswax, and behold the results

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

May not be a popular opinion but I actually liked AJ Hoffman. But yeah the show in general and Gregg Henson were awful. 

I probably could have gone another decade without hearing Henson's name. Talk about scorched earth and radio stations.

• Hook 'Em 1

RALEIGH, N.C. — A North Carolina senator suggested Tuesday that the president might suspend basic liberties to overturn an election that he believes, without evidence, was stolen.

Sen. 

, R-Chowan, paraphrased on his Facebook page comments that retired Gen. Thomas McInerney made earlier this month on a conservative talk show. Among other things, McInerney suggested President Donald Trump declare a national emergency, invoke the Insurrection Act and suspend habeas corpus.

Steinburg told WRAL News on Tuesday evening that he wasn't endorsing the idea, just "putting out there options that others say still remain on the table," though he later said he'd be on board with it. In an extended harangue, Steinburg also made it clear he believes the recent presidential election was stolen and that Trump is the victim of a conspiracy to which multiple countries, the media, U.S. government agencies, officials and judges are either a part or turning a blind eye.

“There’s something going on here bigger than what anybody is willing to talk about," he said. "I’m not nuts. … I’m not a conspiracy theory person. I don’t like them. I don’t like conspiracy theories at all. But something is going on here that’s bigger than meets the eye.”

Steinburg then offered, unprompted, to take a psychiatric evaluation. He said the CIA and FBI both know there's a coup d'etat going on in the country but won't do anything about it.

"They think we’re just bunch of boobs out here in the hinterland," he said. "Well, these boobs are waking up.”

Facebook post from NC Sen. Bob Steinburg, December 15, 2020.

Steinburg offered no evidence for his claims, which are a rehash of conspiracy theories racing around the internet and conservative media in the wake of Trump's re-election loss.

Asked why so many courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court, rejected lawsuits intended to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's win in the November election, Steinburg said, "let’s take a look at Justice John Roberts."

He then suggested "somebody's got something" on the chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court and, as evidence, said a lot of retired FBI and CIA agents live in his district and have told him so.

"I hear this all the time," Steinburg said. "All the time.”

Asked about his habeas corpus post, Steinburg said he was "merely quoting what the general said," but he also said it should be an option if the president feels there was foreign intervention in the election, as Steinburg himself certainly believes.

Chris Krebs, head of the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, said last month that there is no evidence of any foreign country changing vote tallies or preventing Americans from voting. The president then fired him.

Steinburg struggled to define habeas corpus in any way, replying to questions on the topic at one point with, "I'm not an attorney." Suspending habeas corpus would let authorities detain people indefinitely without bringing them before a judge.

That explained, Steinburg replied: “If that's what needs to be done, if there are people who have been identified as folks who are suspected of high crimes and misdemeanors, who are threatening the very security and foundation of our nation … for whatever period of time it takes to round them up, then yes.”

The Insurrection Act, also mentioned in Steinburg's post, allows the president to deploy the military on U.S. soil.

The post also notes that presidents Abraham Lincoln and Franklin Roosevelt suspended habeas corpus. Lincoln did so during the Civil War, Roosevelt during World War II. During WWII the U.S. government held Japanese-Americans in concentration camps.

Steinburg, 72, won re-election last month and will return to the state Senate next year for his second term. He served three terms previously in the state House. The Facebook post appeared on his personal Facebook page, but it would not be out of character on his official page, where he frequently posts conspiracy theories from conservative media outlets.

A spokesman for Senate President Pro Tem 

, the Republican leader in the state Senate, declined to comment Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Just a traitor, asking questions. Sticking that toe in the water to see how it feels. A coup? No, not at all, see it's just that he feeeeeeeels the results aren't correct and he suspects that the election was stolen so just asking questions about overthrowing the votes of millions.

THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Just a traitor, asking questions. Sticking that toe in the water to see how it feels. A coup? No, not at all, see it's just that he feeeeeeeels the results aren't correct and he suspects that the election was stolen so just asking questions about overthrowing the votes of millions.

THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

The theme music inside Steinburg's head:

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump retweeted this.  Rand will do it, because he’s a piece of shit.

Everyone's favorite Auburn coach/Senator-elect, stumping in Georgia (lol why?) said he would to.

I'm sure someone (Thune? Cornyn?) is calling him to tell him not to cross McConnell's wishes or he may find himself with some shitty committee assignments. 

21 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Too many big words for the audience who needs to hear it the most.

Here is my Ron Johnson story. /csb, TL,DR

I was present when the Senator spoke at a security conference overseas— lots of Allied policy makers, international journalists, scholars, that type of thing. He launched into a boilerplate talk about US-Allied relations that sounded a lot like how Republicans talked before DJT.  The region and the audience was extremely sympathetic to his take and he was building credibility and getting them onboard with the idea that the U.S. still had grownups at the wheel even in the current era.

Then he launched into his “climate change challenge” piece.  Total denialism, the “challenge” we faced was fighting off the “scientists” who claimed it existed. You never saw a someone lose a room so quickly, total misread of the audience which was otherwise kind of conservative.  A top journalist pulled me aside and said he could understand if he simply argued that the costs of tackling climate change weren’t worth the possible gains. But by pulling the anti-science card, he had no choice than to write him up as a complete loon.

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

The theme music inside Steinburg's head:

Unrelated CSB: Techno music isn't always my jam, but I used to listen to it a fair amount when going on really long jogs. Would really just zone you the fuck out when you're doing something as boring AF for an hour. There's a badass techno remix of this song that used to be a regular on my playlist. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

He's the worst wannabe "strongman" I've ever seen. It's all just whining and lying. If he's serious at least try martial law or some shit. I'd love to see him make the call and get his ass handed to him publicly by the military leaders. "Sorry sir, but we're still a democracy, and we will not execute illegal orders."

Edited by 'stache

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

So I was mistaken, it looks like Dominion is moving against crazy Sidney Powell.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!APYmtQW5u7-Oygg&cid=477107F019583E73&id=477107F019583E73!814&parId=root&o=OneUp

Good.  Bring it.  Now, the downside is that nutbar Powell will mount a case in her defense where she will try to prove that her allegations are TRUE (that's a defense to defamation), if the case goes to court.  But then again....if Dominion really has nothing to hide with respect to the specific defamatory statements, then they can bring the thunder.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Good.  Bring it.  Now, the downside is that nutbar Powell will mount a case in her defense where she will try to prove that her allegations are TRUE (that's a defense to defamation), if the case goes to court.  But then again....if Dominion really has nothing to hide with respect to the specific defamatory statements, then they can bring the thunder.

I’m sure she’s ecstatic. The money will come pouring in now to help her defend herself against those that try to silence her. And why would they try to silence her if what she’s saying isn’t true?  Answer me that, smart guy?

6 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'm not finding it on the Googles. Where'd you come by it? I mean, it certainly looks legit, but are they not talking about it?

NVM. Forbes' article on it is now on my feed.

NYT has it, too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/17/us/dominion-demands-that-sidney-powell-retract-baseless-and-false-allegations-about-voting-machines.html

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m sure she’s ecstatic. The money will come pouring in now to help her defend herself against those that try to silence her. And why would they try to silence her if what she’s saying isn’t true?  Answer me that, smart guy?

I understand where you're coming from. But the pussy-assed no-response response has always been the worst response to crazy bullies.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

So I was mistaken, it looks like Dominion is moving against crazy Sidney Powell.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!APYmtQW5u7-Oygg&cid=477107F019583E73&id=477107F019583E73!814&parId=root&o=OneUp

That, friends and neighbors, is a super srs, pretty kickass cease and desist letter.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Putting aside the truth defense, if they are allowed any access under seal to the communications between co-counsel and affiants, Kraken and Company will be in a bad place.

Not sure how much broad privilege will be a bar to discovery on alleged knowingly false attorney communications where Dominion was not a party to original suits