the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Are you my wife?  She also touts the sound investment strategy behind buying luxury clothes and goods that will almost assuredly be worn and never sold.  I’ve been told my eye rolls whenever she calls it an “investment” are especially blatant and exaggerated.   

Eh, I have sold bags that I no longer use.  It is amazing what you do when you no longer have massive closets.  

So, there is also the question of sustainability.  Most luxury items are frankly better made.  They are made out of higher quality materials and generally will last longer.  

For instance, let's say I invest in a high quality black blazer from Dior or McQueen.  Those will run about $2,000 - $3,000.  A high quality black blazer is a staple.  Yes, that is expensive, but that will be part of my wardrobe for 5-10 years.  It is something I will take care of, and should something happen, spend the money to get it fixed.  Further, if I did want to get rid of it after 2-3 years, it has massive resale value and there is a market for those items.  Conversely, a decent black blazer from a lower level brand would probably cost me about $300-$600, but would probably outlive its usefulness after 2 years or so.  Then I would donate it if still in good enough shape to the Salvation Army, or most likely just throw it out as there is not really a secondary market for those brands.  

I think it makes a whole lot of sense to invest in your classic pieces, have fewer things in your closet, etc... It makes sense from a sustainability perspective as well as a financial one.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

You forgot Gucci, mang.  🤬🤬

csbalert/ I met Gucci Mane last year on campus.  Helluva nice guy.  But he had some kinda veneers or bedazzling done on this teeth and I could not understand for the life of me what the fuck his name was when he said it twice.  I couldn't tell if it was Main, Man, Ming, or Mang (as you typed).  I got the Gucci part only because every inch of his body was covered in their logo.  Really nice guy though.  

My wife only buys the best.  As such, we will be buying only from Ivanka's personally endorsed line of purses and handheld accessories from now on.  The voters of Trump I know that have means would never be caught dead with anything with Trump's name on it.  Which is still such a curious paradox to me.  They all supported him so vehemently but for folks I know above a certain income/wealth threshold, not a one of them owns a hat, flag, or has ever bought anything he's ever marketed, probably never watched his show, or stayed in one of his hotels.  Maybe played one of his golf courses, that's the extent of it though.  But it's like they were ashamed all along.  Meanwhile, every Trump supporter I know below a certain income/wealth threshold...can't wear enough Trump shit, or buy enough Trump memoralbilia, etc.  

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

csbalert/ I met Gucci Mane last year on campus.  Helluva nice guy.  But he had some kinda veneers or bedazzling done on this teeth and I could not understand for the life of me what the fuck his name was when he said it twice.  I couldn't tell if it was Main, Man, Ming, or Mang (as you typed).  I got the Gucci part only because every inch of his body was covered in their logo.  Really nice guy though.  

That is the most Lobo thing I've ever read. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Dude, I roll with all the obscure mid-level rappers in Central Austin, all 3 of them.  Remind me to tell you about that time I partied with Old Dirty Bitch.  /heynow! 

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think my kids are getting me a Levi's wallet for Christmas.

When I bought my last one, I checked the ratings on Amazon, and then researched the labor behind it, checking for child labor, because their fingers are much more nimble when working those sewing machines, and so the wallets last much longer.  You want durability.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Any woman who's caring about those things immediately went in the "attempt to hit then never call again" category. Not much I find more annoying than "brands" fashion BS but to each their own. 

I think the leather goods purveyor that best summarizes how much action you get with the ladies is NUNN-BUSH 

9 minutes ago, Underdog said:

You must be new here, give it time. 

Please regale us with more D&B purse stories sir to show your lack of humblebrag capabilities.  ;) 

I met a guy named Gucci.  I thought it was relevant to the discussion of the Gucci brand.  It's not everyday you meet a guy named after a purse company.  You guys collect luxury goods.  I collect stories about obscure hip hop singers.  

I felt like Rafi when he met Chad Ochocinco and asked him if he was related to Mike Ochocinco, because it's not everyday you meet a guy with the same Spanish numerals as a last name.  

Back to Trump's legal woes.  It was ruled last night that the Trump Organization does have to turn over their financial records to NY General James and the AG's office.  They've been fighting for months to keep them confidential.  Mainly financial and billing records.  This was always going to happen.  What should concern Trumpers is that it's all happening precisely on General James' timetable.  She is lining up all her ducks for an all-out assault on 21 January.  She's actually ahead of schedule at this point.  Trump knows the battle is coming.  What he didn't count on is that it's going to happen so soon after he loses most of his priviliges.  

42 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well he is the shit, bitch.

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

I dunno, I got an education about high end purses. And by way of hearing Kayleigh get trashed.

I consider it highly entertaining.

Tbh honest, my point is Hermes isn't about purses. But watching the hilarity is funny.

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Eh, I have sold bags that I no longer use.  It is amazing what you do when you no longer have massive closets.  

So, there is also the question of sustainability.  Most luxury items are frankly better made.  They are made out of higher quality materials and generally will last longer.  

For instance, let's say I invest in a high quality black blazer from Dior or McQueen.  Those will run about $2,000 - $3,000.  A high quality black blazer is a staple.  Yes, that is expensive, but that will be part of my wardrobe for 5-10 years.  It is something I will take care of, and should something happen, spend the money to get it fixed.  Further, if I did want to get rid of it after 2-3 years, it has massive resale value and there is a market for those items.  Conversely, a decent black blazer from a lower level brand would probably cost me about $300-$600, but would probably outlive its usefulness after 2 years or so.  Then I would donate it if still in good enough shape to the Salvation Army, or most likely just throw it out as there is not really a secondary market for those brands.  

I think it makes a whole lot of sense to invest in your classic pieces, have fewer things in your closet, etc... It makes sense from a sustainability perspective as well as a financial one.

Maybe this is the difference in women’s fashion and men’s style, but for $3,000 you could go bespoke and it should last a lot longer than 5-10 years (and it shouldn’t be a black blazer, either).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, formermav43 said:

Maybe this is the difference in women’s fashion and men’s style, but for $3,000 you could go bespoke and it should last a lot longer than 5-10 years (and it shouldn’t be a black blazer, either).

Seems like for a few thousand dollars, you could just get a black blazer tattooed on your body.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Grift as part of what's going on here makes perfect sense, and perhaps I'm overthinking it, but aren't they also stressing these same cities' budgets to defend this? The Proud Boys openly stated they wanted to bankrupt Democratic majority cities by showing up and straining resources. I don't know if this is just an offshoot (probably) but I can't blame the city officials for saying enough is enough.

I don't remember when it was, but I remember being impressed way back when at an FBI initiative to start going after the KKK's financial assets. Just because the DOJ has been led by those sympathetic to white supremacists for the last few years doesn't mean that mechanism isn't still available. You proud, boys? Good. Let's confiscate everything you're proud of.

20 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Black is definitely a women's staple. Not so much for a dude.

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Probably even half that.

Nah

21 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Fuck Kayleigh and her headache and all the other enabling babysitters.

I hope she hasn’t had a night with more than three hours of sleep for this entire year. I hope he texts her and calls her at all hours of the night. I hope she has to frantically print and collate hundreds of pages for her dumb binders multiple times a day for every fleeting insane idea Trump comes up with. I hope she hasn’t had a decent meal all year. I hope her new baby thinks the nanny is her real mother. I hope she doesn’t have enough time to do laundry so she has to wear yesterday’s dirty underwear inside out. I hope she hasn’t had time to go to the dentist and has a cavity as a result. I hope she’s lost every friend she’s ever had. I hope her husband is cheating on her.

She’s fucking Goebbels with hair extensions and a TJ Maxx wardrobe. She deserves every horrible consequence and then some for being Trump’s mouthpiece.

Stop being so wishy-washy. Open up. Tell us all how you really feel.

• Like 1