Bijan Robinson is special

SDG

There’s this kid from Tyler TX you should learn about.

Sure. Barry has almost as many TDs in one year as Earl had in his entire college career. Then Bum ran Earl into the ground.

Barry averaged almost 100 yds/game for 10 years. He had no off years. And he was dangerous in the passing game.

One common trait of Barry and Earl is they both caused defenses to piss their pants (but for different reasons). If you didnt divert all resources to stop them as individual players, you were gonna have a long day.

27 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

RC making fun of himself trying to tackle LT😋

As shifty as he was I feel like LT was a more direct, through contact runner. AP is probably the closest LT clone we've seen. Bijan is closer to like all-time, Barry Sanders level side to side quickness imo. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

As shifty as he was I feel like LT was a more direct, through contact runner. AP is probably the closest LT clone we've seen. Bijan is closer to like all-time, Barry Sanders level side to side quickness imo. 

At 1:12 you’ll see a shake similar. LT and Barry are probably closer due to lower center of gravity. Bijan does not resemble Barry except in cut to acceleration with fluidity. Bijan is a much bigger, more physical back than Barry. Bijan shouldnt be able to move like that at his size.

LT and Barry sure seemed to like the spin move. I think that has been coached out a bit, as dudes get planted, including Bijan a couple of times.

LT is a better comp to Bijan. I like the Marshall Faulk comp better.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

My wife asked me Sunday why I was wearing my “Bijan Mustardson” shirt this past Sunday, even though she knows I’m a Cowboys fan? All I can tell her is Bijan is “Special” and I’d still root for him to have a great game vs the Cowboys!

Hook’em!!!

Wait....whuuuuut?

“Bijan Mustardson” shirt 

I want one.  Where did you get that my good sir? 

• Haha 1

It’s never showed my original post, therefore I discarded both “failed to send” messages, but here were are with a double post on top of a post?

Hook’em!!!

It’s never showed my original post, therefore I discarded both “failed to send” messages, but here were are with a double post on top of a post?

Hook’em!!!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Bijan does not resemble Barry except in cut to acceleration with fluidity.

I mean, yes, that's what I'm talking about. I know that Bijan is bigger and probably not as fast - I'm referring to running styles. LT didn't have the same ability to start and stop on a dime going against the grain. The way that Bijan can go in any direction at any time and instantly reaccelerate is Sandersesque. 

Watch 16, 15 and 14 here starting at 5:53.

#9 is also a good one. 

Edited by ztejas

8 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

This is crazy talk, if he stays healthy he will get PAID.

RBs going down regularly with catastrophic leg injuries or just being a shell of their former selves after signing that 2nd contract will make teams hesitant to pay big money. The game doesn't rely on bell cow running backs any longer.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

RBs going down regularly with catastrophic leg injuries or just being a shell of their former selves after signing that 2nd contract will make teams hesitant to pay big money. The game doesn't rely on bell cow running backs any longer.

It's also largely because they're the only one of the three offensive skill positions whose health isn't heavily protected by all the rule changes. They're either running with the ball or blocking most of the time. The defense is almost always allowed to hit them as hard as they can. QBs and WRs not so much (in the pocket or going across the middle to make a catch used to be kill shots in waiting).

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

I forgot that I had subscribed to the Tech 247 site when Beard signed on with Texas until this week. I was checking out some of the different forums regarding a few of this week's games. For whatever reason, I wound up on the Georgia board. They have a Falcons 2023 thread. I didn't realize this was a thing, but apparently there is a whole faction of fans who have "traded in" their allegiance to the Falcons in exchange for Philadelphia. They've not just done this because the Eagles have so many Georgia players on their roster. 

No, indeed the bigger reason for the allegiance switch is due to the fact that Atlanta drafted Bijan Robinson instead of that piece of shit Jalen Carter. Okay then. It's worth noting that a few of the defectors have already rescinded their switch after the first two Falcons games. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

So the argument here is whether Bijan is more like:

- LT, a straight line physical power runner or

- Barry Sanders, a jump-cut speedster

Fuck the offseason.   Let me fix this for you:

Bijan is a low runner with subtle lateral cuts that sllow him to maintain speed.  He combines these with elite balance to slip or bounce defenders more often than directly power them over, but he does have enough power when warranted to create extra yards.  He has enough acceleration for big play potential every snap, but it's not elite speed and he won't be able to outrun most defenses.

If only there were an NFL Hall of Famer with four rushing titles and the all-time rushing title who had a long career in Texas during our lifetime who matches that description....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I forgot that I had subscribed to the Tech 247 site when Beard signed on with Texas until this week. I was checking out some of the different forums regarding a few of this week's games. For whatever reason, I wound up on the Georgia board. They have a Falcons 2023 thread. I didn't realize this was a thing, but apparently there is a whole faction of fans who have "traded in" their allegiance to the Falcons in exchange for Philadelphia. They've not just done this because the Eagles have so many Georgia players on their roster. 

No, indeed the bigger reason for the allegiance switch is due to the fact that Atlanta drafted Bijan Robinson instead of that piece of shit Jalen Carter. Okay then. It's worth noting that a few of the defectors have already rescinded their switch after the first two Falcons games. 

Throw it on the pile of evidence that greorgia fans are morons. 

7 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Bijan is a low runner with subtle lateral cuts that sllow him to maintain speed.  He combines these with elite balance to slip or bounce defenders more often than directly power them over, but he does have enough power when warranted to create extra yards.  He has enough acceleration for big play potential every snap, but it's not elite speed and he won't be able to outrun most defenses.

If only there were an NFL Hall of Famer with four rushing titles and the all-time rushing title who had a long career in Texas during our lifetime who matches that description....

No. 

57 minutes ago, JBJ said:

This is one of the dumber things I've ever read. 

• Haha 1

I think he's going to have a monster year.

The Falcons have an extremely favorable schedule this year.  One more game at home than away.  Bye week after Week 10.  The toughest teams on the schedule are the Mayfield led Bucs (lol), the Jags, and uh. . .like nobody else?

They have games against the Cards, Bears, another against the Panthers, Colts, and Texans.  The Aints are 2-0 but they're doing it with shoe string and duct tape.  They have zero depth and Carr always reverts to being average.  So two winnable games there, too.  

Assuming Ridder keeps making progress and they avoid injuries, I'd say 10 wins is easily possible.  Lots of weak teams with weak defenses that Bijan can slice and dice.  Dude might legit have 2k total yards from scrimmage this year.

Edited by SpiralOut
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

They’ll be in #7 Robinson jerseys by game 5 

16 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

I think he's going to have a monster year.

The Falcons have an extremely favorable schedule this year.  One more game at home than away.  Bye week after Week 10.  The toughest teams on the schedule are the Mayfield led Bucs (lol), the Jags, and uh. . .like nobody else?

They have games against the Cards, Bears, another against the Panthers, Colts, and Texans.  The Aints are 2-0 but they're doing it with shoe string and duct tape.  They have zero depth and Carr always reverts to being average.  So two winnable games there, too.  

Assuming Ridder keeps making progress and they avoid injuries, I'd say 10 wins is easily possible.  Lots of weak teams with weak defenses that Bijan can slice and dice.  Dude might legit have 2k total yards from scrimmage this year.

My fantasy lineup hopes you are correct.

might as well throw this comp out there too:

Mike Ditka, a teammate of Sayers' for two seasons, called him "the greatest player I've ever seen. That's right—the greatest."[54

Another former teammate, linebacker Dick Butkus, famous for his tackling ability, said of Sayers:

He had this ability to go full speed, cut and then go full speed again right away. I saw it every day in practice. We played live, and you could never get a clean shot on Gale. Never.[38]

Edited by Pato del Muerto
Added random highlight package
  • Like 1

There are very few players that when they went from the college to the nfl ranks that I was genuinely heart happy for their success in the nfl. Colt and Vince of course. Roschon I hope earns his money and is set for a comfortable and successful life. But Bijan brings actual legit happiness like your own sons success.  His values morals ambassadorship he’s truly just a great human being and I hope a legend in the NFL that has a bust in canton some day.  He’s deserves all this and more 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Bijan, after two games, is already setting the tone for his next contract in four years. His internet views of “ankle breaking” plays has blown up the media/internet. This is only after two games, with limited touches.

Will the Falcons be able to keep him is unknown?
Stay healthy Bijan - we’re rooting for you!

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1