Take the L, Pussy (Documenting the Coup Until Trump Concedes)

Firemans4Horn

10 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

he's packing the military leadership with loyalists who will be willing to seize the pennsylvania SOS office before they certify the election (as one example), after the courts toss his election lawsuits, all the name of "Law and Order". This will be backed up by the justice dept, ATF, whoever, all with barr's blessing. This is prep for a military coup. And 45+% of the country will go along with it.

i say 'he" meaning doTArD, but he's too fucking stupid to pull something like this off. Barr, Popeo, Mnuchin, Miller, some or all those fucks are behind this.

We are witnessing the greatest threat to American democracy since the Civil War unfolding right before our lives.

No, he's replacing Esper loyalists in the civilian military leadership with his loyalists - he was really fucking pissed that Esper and friends were slow-rolling the Afghanistan withdrawl stuff.  This is classic Trump temper tantrum - punish anybody who isn't 100% licking his taint.

Trump is settling scores while he still can.  Expect more firings to happen.

Military leadership, actual uniformed leadership has already said "no" to getting involved in the election, and explicitly stated that they have no role in the elections, and that's straight from the Joint Chiefs of Staff.  The civilian leadership can throw all kinds of orders all over the place, and it won't mean shit to the actual grunts on the ground if the uniformed leaders say no.

The longer this goes on, the more counts Biden racks up, the harder it is for Trump to claim he won.   His best bet at directly taking control of the ballots was Barr rolling out the DOJ in some capacity early on, but even Barr fucked that up, probably on purpose.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bookman said:

So they're still in the denial stage? How long will it last? It's not healthy.

We know who Trump is. We've known for years that he's a narcissist and a sociopath incapable of admitting defeat or that he was wrong about anything. He will never concede defeat. He's not capable. He will do everything in his power to steal the election. (As the most powerful man in the world, he has a lot of power.) If he is successfully removed from office, he will go to his grave screaming that the election was stolen from him. And tens of millions of his followers will believe him. 

We've known for several years that this is how it would all play out. He's not a complicated man. He's simple and completely predictable. 

• Hook 'Em 6

18 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Shame is impossible if you use a walker with tennis balls on the legs. It’s science.

What's your problem? Don't you have enough game to nail Hope Hicks? Kayleigh's a skank. If you'd do that then I think you'd probably settle for Huckabeef and call it a win. 

15 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

See, he comes in here and admits to voting for Trump (as did tens of millions of people) but does not endorse his post election behavior.  And the response is as vicious and acidic as anything you'd see on Texags (I have found myself fascinated with that site since the election), roles reversed.  I voted for Biden.  But shouting down everyone who didn't without attempting to engage is why we're completely fucked as a country.  

What’s funny is the same people always say “just admit you voted for trump” and a person does and gets attacked. Kind of retarded if you ask me. Especially when the guy says nothing outrageous or Trumpy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

They have to do EVERYTHING to totally distance from that no talent assclown. He’s poison to their potential re-election. I’m shocked at the amount of people, and embarrassed for those people, that are full-on Trumpers. I’ll excuse my parents and friends that detest him but use SC and tax policies as reasons to vote for him. I’ll excuse my SEAL buddy who has good reason to vote for him. None of these people question the result, or have issue with it. I have newfound respect for my many Republican buddies who voted for Biden.

Peaceful transition of power. Deal with the loss - you fucking dug your own grave.  If you had some modicum of restraint over the last four years, you’re probably looking at another four years. But you had to be too much like yourself. Had to keep it real. Eat it. 

Horseshit. There is no excuse.

and lol at your "seal buddy". Does he live next door to your "black friend"?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

He has been receiving them since he won the nomination.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/biden-not-getting-intelligence-reports-because-trump-officials-won-t-n1247294

In a statement to NBC News, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said it will not interface with the Biden transition until the General Services Administration decides it's clear who won, a process known as "ascertainment."

Separately, the president-elect is not receiving the President's Daily Brief, the compendium of high-level intelligence reporting that goes to the most senior officials in the government. President Donald Trump could authorize that with a word, but he has not done so.

On Tuesday, Biden confirmed to reporters that he was not receiving the daily brief. “Obviously the PDB would be useful but it’s not necessary," he said. "I’m not the sitting president now.”

“Access to classified information is useful but I’m not in a position to make any decisions on these issues anyway. It would be nice to have it but it’s not critical."

12 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

You must be Old and go around talking by saying words outside in the cancerous sunshine to meat-beings who may not even think the same as you and in any case you couldn't check their old, uh, sayings to see if you could fling them in their face to humiliate them, they'd probably just say they "changed what they thought" or something crazy. You kind of scare me, I bet you walk inside businesses and touch coins that have been up inside toddlers gastrointestinal tracts.

I am going to give you one last chance. Learn to crush and destroy. It is the only way to reimpose civility.

I am kinda old, but that’s about all I understood from your comment.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/biden-not-getting-intelligence-reports-because-trump-officials-won-t-n1247294

In a statement to NBC News, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said it will not interface with the Biden transition until the General Services Administration decides it's clear who won, a process known as "ascertainment."

They're trying to buy the Trump administration some time to get on Google and figure out exactly what an "Intelligence Briefing" is and how to make one.

15 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I hereby make a projection:

Trump, Trumpkins, and Trumplandia will not revolt or secede. They will simply inhabit an alternate reality. Sure, they do that in a general way right now, (and so do we: Muledick,) but what will happen is the bubble will stretch out and pinch into two bubbles. One will be the actual USA, the other will be Trumplandia. Trumpkins will continue to work productively in the US economy, then go home to Trumplandia at break-time, lunch, and quitting time, just as they do know.

"But they do that already, you fookin coont RD!" I hear you shout.

Well, let me simultaneously celebrate your Northern British/Irish vowel odyssey, while pointing out that this part-time mental world will take on more physical boundaries. Take Chilton County, Alabama, it could be Oklahoma in voting patterns (if you imagine a pretty Oklahoma and I for one cannot.) No, I don't mean that meth-heads and Sheriff's Deputees in Chilton County Alabama will unite, and barricade the roads to proclaim Trumplandia County Chilton from which wandering Bidenites are barred; meth-heads want meth so they'll keep busting into houses, and Deputees want to sic the police dog on meth-heads because it's fun as hell, and frankly probably saves the meth-head for a while because non-meth-heads in Chilton County have all that unspent meth money to use for ammo.

So, no crude secessions-within-secessions, this isn't the 1860s and we mostly don't live by digging in some square of dirt, or by getting others to do so for free out of their love and loyalty to our kindness.

What'll happen is a codified, organized alternate Trumplandia America. It will cost money to join, there will be laws you have to follow to belong to it, there will be ritualized violence, sometimes even to choose the leaders. Under those leaders will be a pyramid of castes and professions, and awards and status for those who excel, or who are friends of the local thane, count, baron, whatever.

And it will all be legal.

Here is a map of one such alternate reality.

completemap.jpg

It's called the SCA. This post is long enough, so go pull out your phone and google something.

The SCA looks like a bunch of Comic-Book-Shop people waling on each other with sticks while voluminous women practice cut-throat gossip wearing Elizabethan clothes. It's a hobby for many, who come and go. That hard-core, though, it's their Real Life. You'll have a janitor-by-night who is King-by-Weekend, and his kids get held back a grade because they missed too many days because the King and Queen tossed them in the minivan one time too many to go to SCA events. People routinely get divorced or married through SCA ties. They lose their old names even in Real Life-- I knew A Sven BloodAxe or some shit who worked at Napa Auto Parts. Members don't go to Florida. They go to "Trimaris".

So in this SCA sidetrack, I guess at any moment, some 20,000 people inhabit this parallel world, some with a toe dipped in it, others, it's their whole life.

How many people could a Trumplandia get?

the rare double post interrupted by another post

Edited by High Plains Drifter

12 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

I hereby make a projection:

Trump, Trumpkins, and Trumplandia will not revolt or secede. They will simply inhabit an alternate reality. Sure, they do that in a general way right now, (and so do we: Muledick,) but what will happen is the bubble will stretch out and pinch into two bubbles. One will be the actual USA, the other will be Trumplandia. Trumpkins will continue to work productively in the US economy, then go home to Trumplandia at break-time, lunch, and quitting time, just as they do know.

"But they do that already, you fookin coont RD!" I hear you shout.

Well, let me simultaneously celebrate your Northern British/Irish vowel odyssey, while pointing out that this part-time mental world will take on more physical boundaries. Take Chilton County, Alabama, it could be Oklahoma in voting patterns (if you imagine a pretty Oklahoma and I for one cannot.) No, I don't mean that meth-heads and Sheriff's Deputees in Chilton County Alabama will unite, and barricade the roads to proclaim Trumplandia County Chilton from which wandering Bidenites are barred; meth-heads want meth so they'll keep busting into houses, and Deputees want to sic the police dog on meth-heads because it's fun as hell, and frankly probably saves the meth-head for a while because non-meth-heads in Chilton County have all that unspent meth money to use for ammo.

So, no crude secessions-within-secessions, this isn't the 1860s and we mostly don't live by digging in some square of dirt, or by getting others to do so for free out of their love and loyalty to our kindness.

What'll happen is a codified, organized alternate Trumplandia America. It will cost money to join, there will be laws you have to follow to belong to it, there will be ritualized violence, sometimes even to choose the leaders. Under those leaders will be a pyramid of castes and professions, and awards and status for those who excel, or who are friends of the local thane, count, baron, whatever.

And it will all be legal.

Here is a map of one such alternate reality.

completemap.jpg

It's called the SCA. This post is long enough, so go pull out your phone and google something.

The SCA looks like a bunch of Comic-Book-Shop people waling on each other with sticks while voluminous women practice cut-throat gossip wearing Elizabethan clothes. It's a hobby for many, who come and go. That hard-core, though, it's their Real Life. You'll have a janitor-by-night who is King-by-Weekend, and his kids get held back a grade because they missed too many days because the King and Queen tossed them in the minivan one time too many to go to SCA events. People routinely get divorced or married through SCA ties. They lose their old names even in Real Life-- I knew A Sven BloodAxe or some shit who worked at Napa Auto Parts. Members don't go to Florida. They go to "Trimaris".

So in this SCA sidetrack, I guess at any moment, some 20,000 people inhabit this parallel world, some with a toe dipped in it, others, it's their whole life.

How many people could a Trumplandia get?

I say we give them Florida Trimaris and call it even. Ohio Middle would also be acceptable.

9 minutes ago, Llogg said:

More like the scorpion in the fox and scorpion fable. We will all suffer b/c the scorpion does what scorpions do.

It’s the frog and the scorpion. And that fable is a criticism of the frog’s naïveté. All the GOP opportunists acted like the frog, and they all got stung. It was obvious what would happen. Hell, I remember referencing this very fable back in 2016. But frogs do what they do, no different than scorpions.

10 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Take the L, pussy

9B252FEB-E857-4226-80A5-03DEBB7F635D.jpeg

NPR News last night recounted that the Clinton admin went ahead and provided the Bush team with access to info they would be entitled to (can't recall if this specifically included the PDB) as the certified incoming administration even before the SC case decided FL in their favor.  You know, just in case they lost the case, it was important the incoming administration was as prepared as it could be for the good of the country.

This current admin?  Fuck that.  MAGA!

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

It’s the frog and the scorpion. And that fable is a criticism of the frog’s naïveté. All the GOP opportunists acted like the frog, and they all got stung. It was obvious what would happen. Hell, I remember referencing this very fable back in 2016. But frogs do what they do, no different than scorpions.

The Aesop version is the frog, but I've definitely read versions with a fox.

The Scorpion and the Fox by XpressionsDesign on DeviantArt

I think the fox is the more apt analogy b/c all these people enabling the scorpion think they are quite clever on their own.

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What’s funny is the same people always say “just admit you voted for trump” and a person does and gets attacked. Kind of retarded if you ask me. Especially when the guy says nothing outrageous or Trumpy

Everyone who voted for him the second time deserves ridicule until they admit they made a mistake. Treat them like children because that is what they are. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If you had seen the Sisyphean image burned into my sour-bread toast last Wednesday morning, you would understand that NOTHING is chance or accident, and that if you replace RD’s word letters with numbers, reverse them, and print every other one, it says “FUCK GEORGIA”
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I don't always tell a joke good-style. It was a dramatic presentation pretending to disagree with you but so outrageous that it would be obvious that I agreed with you. But it wasn't obvious, so it sucked.

Edited by RDCanecutter

12 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Sheetz gift cards were the best part of that. I still have one of their travel coffee mugs here. Love stopping into their locations in Pennsylvania! 

My first time at a Sheetz I tossed some trash in the gas pump bin, and accidentally dropped my car keys in with it. Luckily I have long ape-like arms, but the garbage can was way down inside an outer box, I had to get shoulder-deep in the hinged flap and just dig and dig. Hopefully it's on Youtube somewhere.

Edited by RDCanecutter
fuckin opioids wearin off fuck up a man's spellin, dude.
  • Haha 1