Take the L, Pussy (Documenting the Coup Until Trump Concedes)

Firemans4Horn

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I send them to timeout or take away toys when they misbehave. I call out the bad behavior for what it is. I don't pretend it is ok to spare their feelings. 

It was a joke (and that’s not ridicule).

4 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Of course. Children are stupid, ignorant, ugly, and short. They put their sticky hands in their mouths and noses then touch, mangle, and break everything. They want the same bland crap to eat morning noon and night, and they leave their sharp-edged plastic toys hidden in the carpet for your bare foot to find at midnight when you go get another beer to take the edge off and not just walk out the door into the cool night, throw the fucking kiddy seat out of your sticky sour-milk-smelling car, and just rev it up and drive it down to the river and see how long it'll float.

That’s more like it.

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm sorry. Which red states does he mean? The ones that voted Blue to elect Joe Biden, like MI, WI, PA, GA, AZ, NV, CA, MA, NY, etc?

I guess he's supposing the red state rubes are going to somehow interfere with the operation of these states' legislatures...?

People that are fearful make threats.  They may be angry, but the quote should read "The fear out there".

You've been consolidating power for a generation, it would be soooo unfortunate to lose those structural advantages over a Lost Cause.

Edited by Yuk
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/10/2020 at 6:31 PM, Hookah Horns said:

"he is expected to be replaced by David Legates, a deputy assistant secretary at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration who previously worked closely with climate change denial groups." 

What a surprise. 

Legates looks exactly how I expected he would. 

spacer.png

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Of course. Children are stupid, ignorant, ugly, and short. They put their sticky hands in their mouths and noses then touch, mangle, and break everything. They want the same bland crap to eat morning noon and night, and they leave their sharp-edged plastic toys hidden in the carpet for your bare foot to find at midnight when you go get another beer to take the edge off and not just walk out the door into the cool night, throw the fucking kiddy seat out of your sticky sour-milk-smelling car, and just rev it up and drive it down to the river and see how long it'll float.

You doing okay there, man?

On 11/10/2020 at 10:09 PM, atomheartbevo said:

No, he's replacing Esper loyalists in the civilian military leadership with his loyalists - he was really fucking pissed that Esper and friends were slow-rolling the Afghanistan withdrawl stuff.  This is classic Trump temper tantrum - punish anybody who isn't 100% licking his taint.

Trump is settling scores while he still can.  Expect more firings to happen.

Military leadership, actual uniformed leadership has already said "no" to getting involved in the election, and explicitly stated that they have no role in the elections, and that's straight from the Joint Chiefs of Staff.  The civilian leadership can throw all kinds of orders all over the place, and it won't mean shit to the actual grunts on the ground if the uniformed leaders say no.

The longer this goes on, the more counts Biden racks up, the harder it is for Trump to claim he won.   His best bet at directly taking control of the ballots was Barr rolling out the DOJ in some capacity early on, but even Barr fucked that up, probably on purpose.

Yeah, I don't see the civilian leadership of the DoD prevailing upon the military leadership to violate the Constitution.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

I really want to tweet at Trump, "Take the loss, pussy," but I can't.

Because I blocked him. 🤷

Can someone do that for me, please?

I  am not a Twitter user, but I find it hard to believe that the act of blocking would be irrevocable. Can’t you just unblock him and do it yourself?

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Man....ain’t it cool that we even need to have this conversation? Awesome.

This is the thing I don’t get.

If one just pretends to inhabit the same sense of normalcy that we had just five years ago, and then imagines our discourse today as if it were our future from that point, this all looks completely nuts.

It is now *normal* for the GOP to contest every election from this day on out. Even landslide electoral college victories.

I get there’s a sense that once Trump is gone, things will go back to normal, but there isn’t *checks notes* one single force in the universe right now that will exert any actual pressure back to normalcy.

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, ndawg said:

This is the thing I don’t get.

If one just pretends to inhabit the same sense of normalcy that we had just five years ago, and then imagines our discourse today as if it were our future from that point, this all looks completely nuts.

It is now *normal* for the GOP to contest every election from this day on out. Even landslide electoral college victories.

I get there’s a sense that once Trump is gone, things will go back to normal, but there isn’t *checks notes* one single force in the universe right now that will exert any actual pressure back to normalcy.

This is why GA Senate races are really important.

Converting "norms" into laws would be the first bill passed by the House. If the GOP Senate threaten to filibuster it, out with the filibuster. Then DC and probably PR become states, and Joe Manchin can become a R if he wants or jump in the Potomac.

I’ve said it before, but it absolutely boggles my mind that y’all throw around “take the loss, pussy” with casual swagger when we haven’t beaten them since then 

You mean like...OU sucks? It doesn’t matter what’s happening with current records and past results, there are two irrevocable truths when it comes to OU. One of those truths started out referring to a specific little person needing to accept reality but is now a rallying cry against the mental midgets currently occupying the White House. It’s our version of Fuck around and find out.
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 5:34 PM, Sbbruin said:

See, he comes in here and admits to voting for Trump (as did tens of millions of people) but does not endorse his post election behavior.  And the response is as vicious and acidic as anything you'd see on Texags (I have found myself fascinated with that site since the election), roles reversed.  I voted for Biden.  But shouting down everyone who didn't without attempting to engage is why we're completely fucked as a country.  

You vote for a Nazi sympathizer, you can go to hell. You vote for someone who willingly allows 100s of 1,000s of Americans to unnecessarily die, you can go to hell.

These shouldn't be difficult moral guideposts to recognize.

• Hook 'Em 3

The Republican party is now basically just the shitty parents at the Restaurant. 
You know the sort.  The kind whose fucking kids are running all over the place disrupting the other diners, getting in the waiters way ,and they never ever utter a word to the disorderly kids.  Guess what, those shitty kids, don't realize they are shitty, and dumb ass mommy and daddy simply reinforce the shitty behavior with their silence and complacency. 
You get a lifetime of that sort of dumbassery and you end up with a giant toddler like Trump.

I don’t know why people get hung up on this stuff. Before I had kids I frequented places that did not cater to kids. After I had kids, I went to places that catered to kids. And yeah on occasion, I let them run around and be a kid and explore. I am not a helicopter parent and sometimes I need a break.

Maybe you should reconsider dining somewhere that doesn’t have chicken strips and and cartoonish characters on the menu or ask not to sit next to the man-sized gum-ball machine.

I remember one time at Miami’s airport just before we boarded my kid had a meltdown. People started crowding around us to board the plane and staring at me and the boy instead of giving us a little space. I looked everyone in the eye and asked them if they were entertained and then threatened to feed him candy on the flight. Less than half of those dipshits had any shame and kept on staring and crowding us. So I told the boy to feel free to scream on the flight, somehow that helped disperse the crowd.

Being a parent has its moments and a society of selfish assholes doesn’t help.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I don’t know why people get hung up on this stuff. Before I had kids I frequented places that did not cater to kids. After I had kids, I went to places that catered to kids. And yeah on occasion, I let them run around and be a kid and explore. I am not a helicopter parent and sometimes I need a break.

Maybe you should reconsider dining somewhere that doesn’t have chicken strips and and cartoonish characters on the menu or ask not to sit next to the man-sized gum-ball machine.

I remember one time at Miami’s airport just before we boarded my kid had a meltdown. People started crowding around us to board the plane and staring at me and the boy instead of giving us a little space. I looked everyone in the eye and asked them if they were entertained and then threatened to feed him candy on the flight. Less than half of those dipshits had any shame and kept on staring and crowding us. So I told the boy to feel free to scream on the flight, somehow that helped disperse the crowd.

You sir, are a monster.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

We were on a 3 hr layover at Newark waiting on our flight to Oslo when my 3 year old broke the people mover in our terminal.  He dropped one of those squishy toys that inflate in various parts when you squeeze other various parts.  It looked like a cross between a squid and a jellyfish.   It got caught in the return and literally gummed up the works.  The terminal was pretty dead and we were the only people with young kids, so everyone knew we did it and we got all kinds of dirty looks as passengers trudged past us having to walk all the way to their gates.  Then my 1.5 year old cried on the entire 6 hr flight to Oslo.

To make matters worse, I headed to the airport bar and pounded two big steins of Harp in hopes of passing out and waking up refreshed in Oslo.  I was simultaneously drunk, hungover, and sleep deprived for the next 6 hours.  What were we talking about  again? 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Good inadvertent analogy.  Trumpers aren't the people at the restaurant that let their kids run around and be wild.  Trumpers are the ones that are too old to have little kids, but they still go to places with "chicken strips and cartoonish characters on the menu" and don't understand why there are so many loud kids there.  They want their local dining establishment to remain the same, segregated, no children allowed, dirt cheap, but with bigger portions, more salt, and servers who fawn all over them.  But the rest of us are still growing our families and businesses and want a place to have a break out with the kids.  If you don't like it, maybe me and my kids aren't out of place...maybe you're out of place.  

I'm out of order.  This lunch is out of order!  This whole fucking place is out of order! 

41 minutes ago, Nivek said:

All parents should read this and learn from the wise.

28 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

You sir, are a monster.

parenting does that to people

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Good inadvertent analogy.  Trumpers aren't the people at the restaurant that let their kids run around and be wild.  Trumpers are the ones that are too old to have little kids, but they still go to places with "chicken strips and cartoonish characters on the menu" and don't understand why there are so many loud kids there.  They want their local dining establishment to remain the same, segregated, no children allowed, dirt cheap, but with bigger portions, more salt, and servers who fawn all over them.  But the rest of us are still growing our families and businesses and want a place to have a break out with the kids.  If you don't like it, maybe me and my kids aren't out of place...maybe you're out of place.  

I'm out of order.  This lunch is out of order!  This whole fucking place is out of order! 

Yes, that's it exactly. And given Trumpsters' entitlement and hatred of youth, it fits even better.

19 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

We were on a 3 hr layover at Newark waiting on our flight to Oslo when my 3 year old broke the people mover in our terminal.  He dropped one of those squishy toys that inflate in various parts when you squeeze other various parts.  It looked like a cross between a squid and a jellyfish.   It got caught in the return and literally gummed up the works.  The terminal was pretty dead and we were the only people with young kids, so everyone knew we did it and we got all kinds of dirty looks as passengers trudged past us having to walk all the way to their gates.  Then my 1.5 year old cried on the entire 6 hr flight to Oslo.

To make matters worse, I headed to the airport bar and pounded two big steins of Harp in hopes of passing out and waking up refreshed in Oslo.  I was simultaneously drunk, hungover, and sleep deprived for the next 6 hours.  What were we talking about  again? 

You sir, are my hero.   And fuck Newark airport, customs, and the people.   

41 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Wow... flew right over your head didn't it.  Some parents are good parents and some are not.  I am lucky enough to fall into the former category, rather than the latter.  Seems like you are confusing the observers of the selfish asshole parent, with the selfish asshole parent who doesn't understand the difference between a restaurant, and a playground.  If you want a restaurant playground, then go to a place with a playground for the kiddos.  OF course I was able to take my kids out fine dining at a very young age because they KNEW how to act, because they were TAUGHT how to act.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Wow... flew right over your head didn't it.  Some parents are good parents and some are not.  I am lucky enough to fall into the former category, rather than the latter.  Seems like you are confusing the observers of the selfish asshole parent, with the selfish asshole parent who doesn't understand the difference between a restaurant, and a playground.  If you want a restaurant playground, then go to a place with a playground for the kiddos.  OF course I was able to take my kids out fine dining at a very young age because they KNEW how to act, because they were TAUGHT how to act.

Anybody else read this in Delbert Grady's voice?  

14 minutes ago, horn4life said:

We find the other side of the slorch coin. 

• Haha 1

I haven’t figured out how to make the Twitter page open in a post.

Conversation

“REPORT: DOMINION DELETED 2.7 MILLION TRUMP VOTES NATIONWIDE. DATA ANALYSIS FINDS 221,000 PENNSYLVANIA VOTES SWITCHED FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP TO BIDEN. 941,000 TRUMP VOTES DELETED. STATES USING DOMINION VOTING SYSTEMS SWITCHED 435,000 VOTES FROM TRUMP TO BIDEN.”
10:34AM 11/12/20

The good news is, VBM seems to be kosher, I think.
Edited by Willfully Horn
Time

12 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I haven’t figured out how to make the Twitter page open in a post.

Conversation

“REPORT: DOMINION DELETED 2.7 MILLION TRUMP VOTES NATIONWIDE. DATA ANALYSIS FINDS 221,000 PENNSYLVANIA VOTES SWITCHED FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP TO BIDEN. 941,000 TRUMP VOTES DELETED. STATES USING DOMINION VOTING SYSTEMS SWITCHED 435,000 VOTES FROM TRUMP TO BIDEN.”
10:34AM 11/12/20

The good news is, VBM seems to be kosher, I think.

Ok, now prove it in a court of law you lying sack of shit