Take the L, Pussy (Documenting the Coup Until Trump Concedes)

Firemans4Horn

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

"he is expected to be replaced by David Legates, a deputy assistant secretary at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration who previously worked closely with climate change denial groups." 

What a surprise. 

Legates looks exactly how I expected he would. 

spacer.png

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

"he is expected to be replaced by David Legates, a deputy assistant secretary at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration who previously worked closely with climate change denial groups." 

What a surprise. 

spacer.png

Assessing The Damage Of The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

No. Not a lawyer, but I assume that...Someone has to charge or arrest these people with treason first. That means proof, or at least warrants. Then someone has to serve those, I’d wager. Who can press those charges now? No one in the admin will. Someone in the fbi? A judge has to sign off on a warrant. So...no.

The Biden admin can after the coup fails is what I meant. 

1 hour ago, staboner said:

while I won't talk like that almost ever here - because I find it gross - to vote for trump and say shit like "I wish he would leave" is great and all but shows just a remarkably out of touch fucking view. and that in and of itself is very dangerous. 

I have to agree on that mindset. It is one that you would like to see completely gone from this country. To come right out and say what he did, despite a plethora of evidence that that vote ties you to a guy who quite literally would invalidate the election if he could, is not something any of us need to see right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Anyway, let me play catch up here---first time I've been on this thread.  The one guy who's been Impeached for interfering in the 2020 U.S. elections who is the same guy who has been under federal investigation for inviting foreign interference into our 2016 elections now appears to be the same guy who's attempting a coup d'etat against the rightfully chosen President Elect of the United States?   So the person who has done/is doing the three treasonous crimes I just laid out is the guy saying somebody stole an election from him?  Do I have that about right? 

The real story here is that Maine residents voted once again for Susan Collins just so she could tut tut for another six years. Maybe they are who we need to cut off like Florida. Sort of a two-fer.

• Hook 'Em 1

See, he comes in here and admits to voting for Trump (as did tens of millions of people) but does not endorse his post election behavior.  And the response is as vicious and acidic as anything you'd see on Texags (I have found myself fascinated with that site since the election), roles reversed.  I voted for Biden.  But shouting down everyone who didn't without attempting to engage is why we're completely fucked as a country.  

Reverend! I wholeheartedly agree. Voted for Biden, celebrated and am enjoying the Trump death rattles. But it’s shitty and disheartening when the demo version of a Trumpkin comes prancing along calling all Trump supporters nazis. It’s really fucking contradictory to the reunification platform Biden is pushing. Fuck them.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Pardon my ignorance but what is the motivation for Trump making some of these moves?  A potential coup, behavior of a petulant brat, an attempt to create favorable policies for his businesses short term, syphilis brain?  I am assuming Biden can undue many of these changes once in office.  Perhaps that is an incorrect assumption?

Edited by Bodhi

3 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Reverend! I wholeheartedly agree. Voted for Biden, celebrated and am enjoying the Trump death rattles. But it’s shitty and disheartening when the demo version of a Trumpkin comes prancing along calling all Trump supporters nazis. It’s really fucking contradictory to the reunification platform Biden is pushing. Fuck them.

Nice take, even though it’s from that perderast Hanrahan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

lulz

Refusing to hold Republicans and their voters accountable is going to work out great when the next version of Trump is even worse. 

Dumbfucks need to understand they're dumbfucks.

• Hook 'Em 4

Kind of getting everything in one article

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics/pentagon-policy-official-resigns/index.html

The Trump administration has carried out sweeping changes atop the Defense Department's civilian leadership structure, removing several of its most senior officials and replacing them with perceived loyalists to the President. 

The flurry of changes, announced by the Department of Defense in a statement roughly 24 hours after President Donald Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper, have put officials inside the Pentagon on edge and fueled a growing sense of alarm among military and civilian officials, who are concerned about what could come next.

Four senior civilian officials have been fired or have resigned since Monday, including Esper, his chief of staff and the top officials overseeing policy and intelligence. They were replaced by perceived Trump loyalists, including a controversial figure who promoted fringe conspiracy theories and called former President Barack Obama a terrorist. 

A senior defense official told CNN late Tuesday that "it appears we are done with the beheadings for now," referring to the wave of ousted civilian leaders, including Esper.

Knowledgeable sources told CNN's Jake Tapper Tuesday that the White House now seems focused on going after Esper's under secretaries at the Defense Department in the wake of his firing on Monday. Esper was replaced by Christopher Miller, the director of the National Counterterrorism Center.

The sources said the effort may be because Esper and his team were pushing back on a premature withdrawal from Afghanistan that would be carried out before the required conditions on the ground were met, and other pending security issues.

"This is scary, it's very unsettling," one defense official told CNN. "These are dictator moves."

Among those who assumed new roles at the Department of Defense was controversial retired Brig. Gen. Anthony Tata, who moved into the Pentagon's top policy role, taking over the duties of James Anderson, who resigned Tuesday, according to another US defense official.

Tata had been nominated to be under secretary of defense for policy this summer but his nomination was withdrawn because of bipartisan opposition.

CNN's KFile reported that he has made numerous Islamophobic and offensive comments and promoted various conspiracy theories. In several 2018 tweets, he claimed Obama was a "terrorist leader" who did more to harm the US "and help Islamic countries than any president in history."

After the withdrawal of his nomination, Tata was designated "the official performing the duties of the deputy under secretary of defense for policy," reporting to Anderson.

Tata is widely viewed as a Trump loyalist who maintained support from the White House even as Republicans on the Senate Armed Services Committee signaled they were unwilling to support his confirmation earlier this year.

26 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

lulz

Refusing to hold Republicans and their voters accountable is going to work out great when the next version of Trump is even worse. 

Dumbfucks need to understand they're dumbfucks.

I wonder how many Senators with knowledge of what Trump is doing now wish they could change their vote on impeachment.  Probably only 2-4 of them but this is the cautionary tale of putting up with lies only makes it worse in the long run.

Trump is like the fox in the gingerbread man story.

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

See, he comes in here and admits to voting for Trump (as did tens of millions of people) but does not endorse his post election behavior.  And the response is as vicious and acidic as anything you'd see on Texags (I have found myself fascinated with that site since the election), roles reversed.  I voted for Biden.  But shouting down everyone who didn't without attempting to engage is why we're completely fucked as a country.  

They are still engaging him, even though he sucks like all the other Trump voters. 

Don't be so dramatic.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, horn4life said:

The Republican party is now basically just the shitty parents at the Restaurant. 

You know the sort.  The kind whose fucking kids are running all over the place disrupting the other diners, getting in the waiters way ,and they never ever utter a word to the disorderly kids.  Guess what, those shitty kids, don't realize they are shitty, and dumb ass mommy and daddy simply reinforce the shitty behavior with their silence and complacency. 

You get a lifetime of that sort of dumbassery and you end up with a giant toddler like Trump.

And even worse, Chuck E Cheese.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Serious question. How much longer does anyone think this can continue? If this administration refuses to acknowledge the results of the election, when does it become untenable?  McConnell wants to keep it up through Jan 5th, but I don’t know that we can make it another week. 

The turtle and the other Republicans are waging a propaganda campaign against the Biden/Harris win by trying to provide a pretext to obstruct for the next four years. And they're also setting the stage to re-up and go harder on voter suppression efforts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Superhero said:

What's the probability that Twitter bans him after January 20th?

I give it 75% if not higher.

Laugh Now, Libtard: Twitter is soon to go the way of Gen Z's ability to use the stick shift on an autonomous vehicle. Parler American or GTFO back to England. They can make us wear a mask but they can't stop us hanging our noses out of em, HAH!

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

You must be Old and go around talking by saying words outside in the cancerous sunshine to meat-beings who may not even think the same as you and in any case you couldn't check their old, uh, sayings to see if you could fling them in their face to humiliate them, they'd probably just say they "changed what they thought" or something crazy. You kind of scare me, I bet you walk inside businesses and touch coins that have been up inside toddlers gastrointestinal tracts.

I am going to give you one last chance. Learn to crush and destroy. It is the only way to reimpose civility.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Is Katie McInwahtsherface a US Govt Employee or a Campaign staffer because when she is carrying water for the campaign I don't think she should be a govt employee. 

She has broken the hatch act so many times she rename it after her. Apparently our laws have zero enforcement 

2 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

What a surprise. 

spacer.png

Maybe it's my monitor, but Legates looks open to green thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Would it be considered un-presidential for Biden to release a statement telling all of these new appointees to not get too comfortable? Because that needs to happen.

I see a Noriega-style finish for Trump, with speakers blasting music outside the White House bunker.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I wonder how many Senators with knowledge of what Trump is doing now wish they could change their vote on impeachment.  Probably only 2-4 of them but this is the cautionary tale of putting up with lies only makes it worse in the long run.

The number you are looking for is zero. Absolutely zero. A group of cowards without a shred of integrity. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Would it be considered un-presidential for Biden to release a statement telling all of these new appointees to not get too comfortable? Because that needs to happen.

I think these are people that know this but are willing to do this for some sort of boon that must have been promised to them. It is a credibility hit, imo but maybe it is one that the future boon overcomes or they are brainwashed cultists.

4 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, I have a rule not to personally attack other posters on message boards. Calling someone a troll is about as far as I go, maybe an idiot. When it comes to Trump voters, I usually just ask questions.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 1

I hereby make a projection:

Trump, Trumpkins, and Trumplandia will not revolt or secede. They will simply inhabit an alternate reality. Sure, they do that in a general way right now, (and so do we: Muledick,) but what will happen is the bubble will stretch out and pinch into two bubbles. One will be the actual USA, the other will be Trumplandia. Trumpkins will continue to work productively in the US economy, then go home to Trumplandia at break-time, lunch, and quitting time, just as they do know.

"But they do that already, you fookin coont RD!" I hear you shout.

Well, let me simultaneously celebrate your Northern British/Irish vowel odyssey, while pointing out that this part-time mental world will take on more physical boundaries. Take Chilton County, Alabama, it could be Oklahoma in voting patterns (if you imagine a pretty Oklahoma and I for one cannot.) No, I don't mean that meth-heads and Sheriff's Deputees in Chilton County Alabama will unite, and barricade the roads to proclaim Trumplandia County Chilton from which wandering Bidenites are barred; meth-heads want meth so they'll keep busting into houses, and Deputees want to sic the police dog on meth-heads because it's fun as hell, and frankly probably saves the meth-head for a while because non-meth-heads in Chilton County have all that unspent meth money to use for ammo.

So, no crude secessions-within-secessions, this isn't the 1860s and we mostly don't live by digging in some square of dirt, or by getting others to do so for free out of their love and loyalty to our kindness.

What'll happen is a codified, organized alternate Trumplandia America. It will cost money to join, there will be laws you have to follow to belong to it, there will be ritualized violence, sometimes even to choose the leaders. Under those leaders will be a pyramid of castes and professions, and awards and status for those who excel, or who are friends of the local thane, count, baron, whatever.

And it will all be legal.

Here is a map of one such alternate reality.

completemap.jpg

It's called the SCA. This post is long enough, so go pull out your phone and google something.

The SCA looks like a bunch of Comic-Book-Shop people waling on each other with sticks while voluminous women practice cut-throat gossip wearing Elizabethan clothes. It's a hobby for many, who come and go. That hard-core, though, it's their Real Life. You'll have a janitor-by-night who is King-by-Weekend, and his kids get held back a grade because they missed too many days because the King and Queen tossed them in the minivan one time too many to go to SCA events. People routinely get divorced or married through SCA ties. They lose their old names even in Real Life-- I knew A Sven BloodAxe or some shit who worked at Napa Auto Parts. Members don't go to Florida. They go to "Trimaris".

So in this SCA sidetrack, I guess at any moment, some 20,000 people inhabit this parallel world, some with a toe dipped in it, others, it's their whole life.

How many people could a Trumplandia get?

Edited by RDCanecutter
I am but a puzzled-witted pate-addled scribe, Milord. Prithee spare a mite of mercy for my many scrofulous letter-smithing mis-smites.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yes, they voted for law and order, and by god we’re gonna fucking give it to’em.

CSB sometime in the future, but today I had a dude who was line-creeping up on me object to my objection by citing that he was "6 feet away! 6 feet away!" He was using the RULES against my Libtard ass.

[Narrator: he was about 3 feet away before he shifted back to 6. His nose was hanging out of his mask so one supposes he'd been trying to sniff RD's farts.]

1 hour ago, FOXHOUND said:

The turtle and the other Republicans are waging a propaganda campaign against the Biden/Harris win by trying to provide a pretext to obstruct for the next four years. And they're also setting the stage to re-up and go harder on voter suppression efforts. 

They will keep it up until it looks like it's hurting them on January 5th.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

The SCA looks like a bunch of Comic-Book-Shop people waling on each other with sticks while voluminous women practice cut-throat gossip wearing Elizabethan clothes. It's a hobby for many, who come and go. That hard-core, though, it's they're Real Life. You'll have a janitor-by-night who is King-by-Weekend, and his kids get held back a grade because they missed too many days because the King and Queen tossed them in the minivan one time too many to go to SCA events. People routinely get divorced or married through SCA ties. They lose their old names even in Real Life-- I knew A Sven BloodAxe or some shit who worked at Napa Auto Parts. Members don't go to Florida. They go to "Trimaris".

So in this SCA sidetrack, I guess at any moment, some 20,000 people inhabit this parallel world, some with a toe dipped in it, others, it's their whole life.

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I wonder if this guy will ever concede. His insanity will be a shit stain on our country forever. 

Maybe that's it. Maybe, to flip around one of the last lines in Good Morning Vietnam, "Donald, I've raged at you lots of times, cause I thought you was really mean. But you're not mean, you're crazy. And this is just Twitter."

7 hours ago, immamac said:

wait wait wait. If there are people that are active participants in a possible coup, can they all be removed from office and tried for treason en masse? that would be glorious. There are plenty of GOP that are keeping in their lane, even Mitch is just saying he has a legal right (true, not helpful, but true). Then there are others who are full on bonkers pushing the message.

Can that be a thing that happens?

Let you know next Tuesday, noon.

5 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

EmDvF2GWoAAnAJ2.jpg

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

he's packing the military leadership with loyalists who will be willing to seize the pennsylvania SOS office before they certify the election (as one example), after the courts toss his election lawsuits, all the name of "Law and Order". This will be backed up by the justice dept, ATF, whoever, all with barr's blessing. This is prep for a military coup. And 45+% of the country will go along with it.

i say 'he" meaning doTArD, but he's too fucking stupid to pull something like this off. Barr, Popeo, Mnuchin, Miller, some or all those fucks are behind this.

We are witnessing the greatest threat to American democracy since the Civil War unfolding right before our lives.

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I hereby make a projection:

Trump, Trumpkins, and Trumplandia will not revolt or secede. They will simply inhabit an alternate reality. Sure, they do that in a general way right now, (and so do we: Muledick,) but what will happen is the bubble will stretch out and pinch into two bubbles. One will be the actual USA, the other will be Trumplandia. Trumpkins will continue to work productively in the US economy, then go home to Trumplandia at break-time, lunch, and quitting time, just as they do know.

"But they do that already, you fookin coont RD!" I hear you shout.

Well, let me simultaneously celebrate your Northern British/Irish vowel odyssey, while pointing out that this part-time mental world will take on more physical boundaries. Take Chilton County, Alabama, it could be Oklahoma in voting patterns (if you imagine a pretty Oklahoma and I for one cannot.) No, I don't mean that meth-heads and Sheriff's Deputees in Chilton County Alabama will unite, and barricade the roads to proclaim Trumplandia County Chilton from which wandering Bidenites are barred; meth-heads want meth so they'll keep busting into houses, and Deputees want to sic the police dog on meth-heads because it's fun as hell, and frankly probably saves the meth-head for a while because non-meth-heads in Chilton County have all that unspent meth money to use for ammo.

So, no crude secessions-within-secessions, this isn't the 1860s and we mostly don't live by digging in some square of dirt, or by getting others to do so for free out of their love and loyalty to our kindness.

What'll happen is a codified, organized alternate Trumplandia America. It will cost money to join, there will be laws you have to follow to belong to it, there will be ritualized violence, sometimes even to choose the leaders. Under those leaders will be a pyramid of castes and professions, and awards and status for those who excel, or who are friends of the local thane, count, baron, whatever.

And it will all be legal.

Here is a map of one such alternate reality.

completemap.jpg

It's called the SCA. This post is long enough, so go pull out your phone and google something.

The SCA looks like a bunch of Comic-Book-Shop people waling on each other with sticks while voluminous women practice cut-throat gossip wearing Elizabethan clothes. It's a hobby for many, who come and go. That hard-core, though, it's they're Real Life. You'll have a janitor-by-night who is King-by-Weekend, and his kids get held back a grade because they missed too many days because the King and Queen tossed them in the minivan one time too many to go to SCA events. People routinely get divorced or married through SCA ties. They lose their old names even in Real Life-- I knew A Sven BloodAxe or some shit who worked at Napa Auto Parts. Members don't go to Florida. They go to "Trimaris".

can they do this LARPing at Mar A Lago twice a year and televise it?  Please?