Markets still falling like whoa

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

what is the difference between this and the stonks thread? why do we have two different places of discussion?

It's sort of like venturing into the 995 forum at peak Malikmas and expecting clear separation of threads.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I do love that the AMC/BB/GME fun distracts me from the fact that the rest of the market is a collapsing neutron star right now.

yeah, me too, but i figure my 401k will be there for my retirement in some capacity in 25 years or whenever. i long ago jettisoned any worry about daily/weekly/even monthly volatility. but i only own a handful of playtime trading stocks at the moment, so the swings don't affect my return (or lack thereof) too terribly much.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I do love that the AMC/BB/GME fun distracts me from the fact that the rest of the market is a collapsing neutron star right now.

the funds that are getting horse-fucked by reddit needing to shed their long positions. 

Yahoo posts a hit piece on GME.  They disable the comments section on the grounds of

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting.

(all comments on all articles are disabled, but anyway)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-game-stop-is-destined-to-become-another-blockbuster-video-221243155.html

Edited by 52-80
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Guys, the government gave you stimmy to put in the corporations' pockets, not use it to take money out of the corporations' pockets. Get with the program and stop being mean...

"folks, stahp, the trickle-down economics is trickling too quickly!"

Robinhood put out a "warning" about market volatility...says if you think of the market as supply and demand you are not taking the underlying factors into consideration and sometimes that can lead to recession...yadda yada...paraphrasing

They are going to try and fuck us...

4 hours ago, sidis said:

you, of course, could be correct...but it is an interesting collection of companies that were seeing all this volume over the last ten days.  why would shorters of iron mountain or dillards think a gamestop mob was coming for them?

and given their positions in those companies and melvin's shorting strategy, i disagree that blackrock had NO incentive to take them down.  that said, it does seem like the benefits are small potatoes for the risk of bringing all the shit that could rain down on them for this.  but the activity in that specific basket of companies is just very odd.  seems like some force is leading the wsb mob by the nose and directing them to companies that have a very consistent pattern.

a bull raid on highly shorted stock isnt a new concept, so its not a stretch to think that the GME run would cascade to other targets, whether by independent actors or coordinated groups.  and thus its also not surprising that if you have a short in these companies, you'd probably be very on-edge.

i bet a google trend and traffic analytics of search terms or the websites and articles listing highly-shorted target is very interesting.  the GME run started 2 weeks ago, when it gapped from 20 to 40.

so could it be 1 specific ring leader?  sure, but even a simpleton like myself was already sniffing around for short targets before this week

• Like 1

[mention=247]Eastwood[/mention] 

I took the liberty of publishing this as an article for you - this was a fucking incredible post. 
It was quite a surprise when I saw that pop up to the top. I truly am flattered and somewhat shocked/humbled by the response the post got. I'm still kind of in shock that I'm on the sidelines now.

Again, thank you all for the kind words, stay safe, and Hook'em.

6 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

It was quite a surprise when I saw that pop up to the top. I truly am flattered and somewhat shocked/humbled by the response the post got. I'm still kind of in shock that I'm on the sidelines now.

Again, thank you all for the kind words, stay safe, and Hook'em.

I'm going to try to push this out on google discover and a few other platforms to drive traffic to it, that now has it's own "thread" that will serve as the comment section - I thought about splitting off all the commentary from this thread into that one so that it seeded the comments, but figured it would be fine standalone

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm going to try to push this out on google discover and a few other platforms to drive traffic to it, that now has it's own "thread" that will serve as the comment section - I thought about splitting off all the commentary from this thread into that one so that it seeded the comments, but figured it would be fine standalone

6thStreetBets

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

What I find hilarious is the big firms inability to understand their sunk cost, and instead of truly closing out their short positions just walking away from $GME, and letting the bubble naturally deflate,  they can’t help themselves and start trying to short it again. It’s a toxic relationship and they keep coming back. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

It's pathetic how the media is fixated on the reddit part of this and not on the big boys who should know better pushing the shorts over 100% of outstanding shares.  I don't even buy that the reddit brigade has the capital to pull this off.  Other institutional investors have to be in on the short squeeze too.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

It's pathetic how the media is fixated on the reddit part of this and not on the big boys who should know better pushing the shorts over 100% of outstanding shares.  I don't even buy that the reddit brigade has the capital to pull this off.  Other institutional investors have to be in on the short squeeze too.

Corporate Media gonna cover for Corporate Buddies. 

• Like 1

this is legitimately not funny.  many brokerages are blocking customers from buying shares.  you can ONLY SELL YOUR EXISTING HOLDINGS.

one of the brokerages is Robinhood - whom Citadel buys orderflow from (to skimp off the top).  Citadel is the one that bailed out Melvin.

theyre trying to create panic selling

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, 52-80 said:

this is legitimately not funny.  many brokerages are blocking customers from buying shares.  you can ONLY SELL YOUR EXISTING HOLDINGS.

one of the brokerages is Robinhood - whom Citadel buys orderflow from (to skimp off the top).  Citadel is the one that bailed out Melvin.

theyre trying to create panic selling

Just now, Bone3421 said:

Cant purchase shares or options on robinhood....gme going to fucked today I think

Wow.  The house always wins.

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

They have some serious cash now and would be wise to use this as an opportunity to restructure. Go digital (like Steam). Use their stores to sell junk and board games. Set up cubicles for kids to try out games. 

their bond went to/near par.  and that was issued at a junkish 6.75% coupon.  the base case is strengthened.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I’m a boring, Bogle head, index investor.  A basic bitch who loves low volatility, compound returns, and dividends. When I start paying attention, that means it’s too late. 

Everyone is too early or too late.  On occasion they get lucky and look smart. That's why you're doing it right.

• Hook 'Em 2