Desantis is a POS and needs his own thread

Gil Bang

I waited over 2 days to post about all of you morons continuing to respond to the resident clown fuckhead racist as if it was going to change his mind or teach anyone here anything.  I can't take it anymore.  I want to come in here to laugh at Dion and you're all fucking it up.  Please stop.  Ok, I feel better. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

I don't think Dion has it in him, but wouldn't it be great if on a debate stage, Trump made a Mrs. DeSantis' eyebrows joke, and, for once in his life, Little Man Ron has a psychotic break, snaps, goes berserk, and snatches Trump's weave on live TV? Smoke bombs goin off, Ron climbin up Donnie's back like a monkey humpin a hippo, rival Secret Service Detachments poppin off rounds. Murica.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I don't think Dion has it in him, but wouldn't it be great if on a debate stage, Trump made a Mrs. DeSantis' eyebrows joke, and, for once in his life, Little Man Ron has a psychotic break, snaps, goes berserk, and snatches Trump's weave on live TV? Smoke bombs goin off, Ron climbin up Donnie's back like a monkey humpin a hippo, rival Secret Service Detachments poppin off rounds. Murica.

8d8f10266201188a96165b6fd8b99dd2.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I mean, have you seen Ron DeSantis over here?  Keeps losing fights with corporations and big business.  Doesn't know how to negotiate tough like I do.  I'm doing more for that state from my golf courses than he's doing from the Governor's Mansion.  I mean, look at his wife over there.  Nice lady, but looks like he drew her eyebrows on with his puddin' fingers, am I right?  

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Anybody else catch Florida’s CFO (had no idea this even existed) say insurance companies were fleeing the state or jacking up rates because the carriers and their executives are “woke.” Of course he’s tight with Meatball Ron.

• Haha 1

I mean, have you seen Ron DeSantis over here?  Keeps losing fights with corporations and big business.  Doesn't know how to negotiate tough like I do.  I'm doing more for that state from my golf courses than he's doing from the Governor's Mansion.  I mean, look at his wife over there.  Nice lady, but looks like he drew her eyebrows on with his puddin' fingers, am I right?  

d1327e2079fb49db64ea549a241ece72.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Anybody else catch Florida’s CFO (had no idea this even existed) say insurance companies were fleeing the state or jacking up rates because the carriers and their executives are “woke.” Of course he’s tight with Meatball Ron.

with their pockets full of state funded bail out money 

Granted, Trump has taken wildly inconsistent positions on any number of subjects and probably couldn’t identify Ukraine on a map. But that brings us to DeSantis’s fourth problem, the one he can’t seem to control: his personality. He is not naturally funny, entertaining, or charming. Just as he doesn’t understand the pro-wrestling-style kayfabe involved in Trump’s ostensible hatred of media outlets, he doesn’t understand that Trump’s regular flirtations with bigotry are softened with a knowing wink.

• Hook 'Em 1

You have to wonder if he really wants to win, or if he's running just to run. 

Of course if you're not telegenic or funny or charming and don't like interacting with people, there's not much you can do. It's a miracle he's ever won an election of any kind.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/12/2023 at 10:46 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Come up to Washington and go here. 

9653C699-E227-499A-B4A6-7F0D8CEC1DD0.thumb.jpeg.4a9e0ddb27bea90331dc542c5ef7e4ca.jpeg

then decide to just stay. 

all those pretty forests will burn in our lifetimes. 

On 7/14/2023 at 8:28 AM, South Austin said:

I don’t know which of those categories this falls under, but I think a lot of folks might not be deniers at this point, but have a short-sided selfish view of the world and think that because nothing catastrophic will happen in their lifetimes, why bother.

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Granted, Trump has taken wildly inconsistent positions on any number of subjects and probably couldn’t identify Ukraine on a map. But that brings us to DeSantis’s fourth problem, the one he can’t seem to control: his personality. He is not naturally funny, entertaining, or charming. Just as he doesn’t understand the pro-wrestling-style kayfabe involved in Trump’s ostensible hatred of media outlets, he doesn’t understand that Trump’s regular flirtations with bigotry are softened with a knowing wink.

He’s Farva

image.gif.1de90d95909d55a905d9cdebf67e49dc.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/17/2023 at 10:06 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yep - I-35 runs along what was "East Avenue". In the 1928 the City of Austin Comprehensive Plan created a "negro district" on the East side of East avenue, making it effectively the only area of the city where public services or schools were available to black families. It also created zoning protection for certain areas of the city prohibiting various activities, while not protecting the East side. 
The Red line below is East avenue.  The purple areas are non-white residential areas. The one on the far west of town is Clarksville, a freedman's colony which would hold out for a long time. 
koch-property-misc-1927.jpg

So, in 1935 the Federal Government creates the Home Ownership Loan Corporation. By policy, they do not guarantee loans in "hazardous areas", and depict those areas on maps with red lines. These guidelines were then adopted by other financial services companies - insurance, business lending, etc. 
holc-map-hazardous-1935.jpg

Do you agree that denying financing support to these areas likely suppressed the value of private property in them?

That kind of institutional racism problem is far too blatant for CRT.  Where CRT finds racism is often where you don't expect it and there's no historical reference to racism.  And that leads to CRTs most controversial tenet:  any system or institution founded or erected by white people is biased against people of other races, inherently.

Of course, no one is teaching that outside of universities and books hardly anyone reads.

Besides, fuck all that economic shit.  It was the "Negro district" for God's sake.  It was the only place they could legally live until the 50s or 60s, and practically for a good bit after.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

FL’s leadership is beyond dumb 

Very much this. I actually just moved from Florida to a state that’s leadership is probably dumber than Florida (if that is possible). Except Oklahoma has zero chance of electing anyone worth a shit.

I still hold out hope for Florida. Just because it wasn’t that long ago they had a Senator that was a Democrat and statewide races were actually pretty close. Plus some of the Republicans didn’t seem to be complete shit. Now it seems like they have all lost their way.