Sen. Feinstein dies at age 90

Gil Bang

33 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Thought I heard something about Feinstein being back at the capital to dunk on republicans some more. 

She's back. I don't think anyone bothered to post because, are you supposed when someone simply shows up and does their fucking jobs? Even if it's for the first time in months?

• Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

She's back. I don't think anyone bothered to post because, are you supposed when someone simply shows up and does their fucking jobs? Even if it's for the first time in months?

Cool. So can we fucking confirm a fuck ton of judges before she’s gone again?  Please?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Jesus.

That’s straight up elder abuse.

I don’t believe she has any idea of what’s going on - her family or staff are the ones Weekend at Bernieing her.

Gross.

Doesn’t matter, as long as she can say, Yay or ney on dem support, she is good to go. Her vote is key in a lot of shot right now.

hopefully she gracefully steps down but if not, then vote how your told o vote at this time 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Tanned, rested, and ready.

More like Horrific, Hawking'd, and Holy Shit...

Sorry to make fun, but you're costing my daughter's part of their future.  Eat your fucking pudding.  From your bowl or your diaper, dealer's choice.

• Hook 'Em 1

Doesn’t matter, as long as she can say, Yay or ney on dem support, she is good to go. Her vote is key in a lot of shot right now.
hopefully she gracefully steps down but if not, then vote how your told o vote at this time 

Wut?

She’s already missed a shitton of important work on the Judiciary Committee and if she had resigned months ago, Governor Newsome would have appointed an actual living human that could actually be present AND “vote the way they’re told to vote”.

She’s in one of the safest senate seats for Democrats - she’s a worn out broken cog easily replaced by another functional cog.

She’s no unicorn like Tester or Sherrod Brown or Ossoff and Warnock who would be replaced by a GOP governor.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Wut?

She’s already missed a shitton of important work on the Judiciary Committee and if she had resigned months ago, Governor Newsome would have appointed an actual living human that could actually be present AND “vote the way they’re told to vote”.

She’s in one of the safest senate seats for Democrats - she’s a worn out broken cog easily replaced by another functional cog.

She’s no unicorn like Tester or Sherrod Brown or Ossoff and Warnock who would be replaced by a GOP governor.

This will go down as a sad and obvious way we could have taken steps to avoid our downfall. Oops. 

Unfortunately I've had to spend some time visiting relatives in old folks' homes lately. Dementia can take a toll on people physically especially when they lose any interest or understanding of how they look to others. They finally just don't care.

I assume that Schumer finally told her staff that she shows up, or none of them will ever work in Dem politics again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

^

This.  I think they finally got the message.  Because a couple of years raking in some small amount of cash for a lame duck Senator isn't worth it personally, nor to their party, and certainly not to the country.  I would bet dollars to donuts somebody from the Pritzker/Chicago faction of the party gave them a talking to in order to maintain distance.  And the message was received.  Real challenge is 14 more months in this Congress though, you gotta keep up this charade.  

I don’t know, y’all…

Sen. Dianne Feinstein’sreturn to Congress is being clouded by more reports calling her ability to serve into question, including a new anecdote published by Politico Thursday about an alleged memory lapse by the California Democrat in 2021.

An unnamed Senate staffer recalled the senator welcoming Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) to the chamber, apparently confusing him with Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.), who had just won his seat in a special election. Both Scott, who joined the Senate in 2013, and Warnock are Black.

The unidentified congressional aide remembered Scott “play[ing] along,” and telling the veteran senator, “Your support means a lot,” according to the report, which is part of journalist Ben Terris’ upcoming book “The Big Break: The Gamblers, Party Animals, and True Believers Trying to Win in Washington While America Loses its Mind.”

The offices of Feinstein and Scott did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the report.

5 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I don’t know, y’all…

Sen. Dianne Feinstein’sreturn to Congress is being clouded by more reports calling her ability to serve into question, including a new anecdote published by Politico Thursday about an alleged memory lapse by the California Democrat in 2021.

An unnamed Senate staffer recalled the senator welcoming Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) to the chamber, apparently confusing him with Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.), who had just won his seat in a special election. Both Scott, who joined the Senate in 2013, and Warnock are Black.

The unidentified congressional aide remembered Scott “play[ing] along,” and telling the veteran senator, “Your support means a lot,” according to the report, which is part of journalist Ben Terris’ upcoming book “The Big Break: The Gamblers, Party Animals, and True Believers Trying to Win in Washington While America Loses its Mind.”

The offices of Feinstein and Scott did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the report.

Lets not pretend Tim Scott isn't used to the members of his own party confusing him with...basically any other African American on the planet. I'm sure he took it in stride. 

• Hook 'Em 7

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lets not pretend Tim Scott isn't used to the members of his own party confusing him with...basically any other African American on the planet. I'm sure he took it in stride. 

I really don’t care about that biscuit baker. Feinstein’s cognitive abilities concern me.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I really don’t care about that biscuit baker. Feinstein’s cognitive abilities concern me.

Does Grassley also concern you, he is about few months younger then her or how about a senator who doesn’t know the 3 branches of government?

Edited by Gengs1

2 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Does Grassley also concern you, he is about few months younger then her or how about a senator who doesn’t know the 3 branches of government?

If he has difficulty recognizing members in his small club, then yes. Tuberville’s and Mullen’s inability to correctly identify the three branches of government is rooted in their ignorance and lack of education.

I see speculation about the greed of her staff and their responsibility for this pathetic slow motion tragedy. Is there any evidence or newsstory to back that up? I'm not following this closely. 

I'll be clear that I agree that her remaining in office while unable to perform her duties is a disaster for the pro-republic side of the Senate. I don't see the need to villify her beyond this "decision" of hers.

This is a sticky situation. I'm not sure what I would do if in her service while she insists on continuing. Do you make her as effective as she would like to be? Do you go out in a blaze of indignation at what could be Feinstein's selfishness? How do you handle it if it's not selfishness but delusion?

I don't see this as easy. As I wrote above, I don't think she lasts more than a month or two more on this earth. I have an odd record of recognizing when people are on their way out. I don't see that poor human generating life for much longer.

I hope her ending goes as well as such a thing can. I voted for her in her first senate run.

39 minutes ago, Satchel said:

If he has difficulty recognizing members in his small club, then yes. Tuberville’s and Mullen’s inability to correctly identify the three branches of government is rooted in their ignorance and lack of education.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Grassley will retire soon and he’ll be replaced by his son, who will then run for re-election. At least he had an exit plan. 

• Gil Bang changed the title to Sen. Feinstein dies at age 90