Sen. Feinstein dies at age 90

Gil Bang

I actually wonder if she knew to whom she was speaking. It was like a Jonah Ryan scene from Veep. 

What are you? Maybe 12? You can't even vote.

spacer.png

I voted for Boxer and Feinstein when they ran at the same time in 90s. I wasn't particularly jubilant about the choice because I wondered if they could hold on. They did. Pretty good senators. Too bad it's ending this way for Feinstein. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Too bad it's ending this way for Feinstein. 

Just remember that DiFi (or someone in her orbit decided for her) to retire now, while the GOP ran Grassley despite his blatant efforts to die in office so his grandson will be appointed in his place.  Because that god damn seat in Iowa belongs to a Grassley and no one else! 

No one on the GOP side seriously dared primary Grassley (token state Senator who got 27% of the vote).  DiFi already had 3 legit challengers (all US House Reps and big names in national politics) ready to take her on if she decided not to retire. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

JFC folks, between Ginsburg and this...get your fucking shit together.  It's not ageism.  She is personally, just her herself and her shit, fucking up things for millions of Americans who need help.  What the flying fuck?  Even McConnell's old crusted-purple handed ass still shows up for work.  Some of y'all must be close to the party in California, get her to step down.  Newsom can handle the rest.

• Hook 'Em 1

Everyone needs someone that can tell them they can no longer do a job especially due to dementia. Feinstein needed someone to do that a while back.

I know there are stories of 90 year olds that are as sharp as someone at 30 but they’re probably bs. Politicians in their 70s should be the exception, and they should be winding down their career. We def shouldn’t have politicians in their late 80s.

• Hook 'Em 3

They need to at the very least immediately remove her from the judiciary committee. It's absurd that they've let this go on this long already and the fact that people are now talking to reporters about this means that at least some Senate Dems understand that, even if leadership doesn't. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Totally agree with @wildcat09 that she shouldn't be on the judicial committee. I do wonder if there isn't some pressure from CA democrats to keep her in the senate though. There's already been commentary earlier in this thread on the political grenade her resignation would throw into the democratic party. There's going to be some ugliness in terms of who is nominated for that seat, and I suspect that Newsome would love to not have to make a decision.

Good lord Nancy.  Yeah, it's 5% ageism, 10% sexism.  But the margins are too thin, the Judiciary nomination process too compressed, and the stakes are too high.  If you can't make it to work, get the fuck off the field and have a seat in the locker room.  Fucking Ginsburg 2.0.  Get your fucking shit together.  

• Hook 'Em 5

25 minutes ago, Pancho said:

here we go batman GIF

Gtfo Nancy, if it was a man we would suggest to take him behind the barn and shoot him. She is 89 and probably doesn’t wiper her ass properly anymore 

if your are 10 years past being able to collect social security, you should be retired 

Edited by Gengs1

Newsom can find someone who would love the senator title for 2 years and willing to go home after that.

while you want a duly elected person to finish their term, there comes a time where you can’t.  And you’re there to do a job for the people not stay around until you die. 

I can admit in 2018 I wanted her to run again because I knew she would dominate and keep the seat, but I also thought she would step down before the end of her term if her health went south. 

at the time in 2018 elections, we had Trump for president and a gop house / senate so I was just desperate to get as much power back as we could. 

she’s a massive liability now. We might lose the senate in 2024 and not get it back for awhile due to how rigged the senate map is in favor of the republicans. We can’t leave a single judge nomination to chance in case we lose the 2024 election. Fill them all and get some older dem judges  to retire so we can replace them too. I’d love to see Biden have more judge appointments then Trump after one term.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Oh wow, after several months of complacency, they are considering the possibility of looking into the opportunity to possible option a condition of doing something.  

Because a generation of federal judiciaries are on the line but we have to respect she's 90 and not feeling well.  Fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Razor thin senate majority with multiple federal appointments on the line.  Skips work for months at a time.  But we’re the assholes?  Get your shit together California.  This is not the flex moment for screaming ageism or sexism.  Get correct or get fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Does it take 10 Rs to allow her to be replaced on Judiciary?

I’m really fucking tired of our country suffering because the arrogance and selfishness of the elderly population.

No, it just takes Dem leadership. But Schumer and Durbin have been more interested in getting along with their colleagues than actually doing what they were elected to do, so dawdled for months and had to be pressured into doing the right thing this way.

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

No, it just takes Dem leadership. But Schumer and Durbin have been more interested in getting along with their colleagues than actually doing what they were elected to do, so dawdled for months and had to be pressured into doing the right thing this way.

This man would not have put up with that shit - Schumer and Durbin could learn a thing or two from him.

361px-37_Lyndon_Johnson_3x4.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5

16 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I can admit in 2018 I wanted her to run again because I knew she would dominate and keep the seat, but I also thought she would step down before the end of her term if her health went south. 

at the time in 2018 elections, we had Trump for president and a gop house / senate so I was just desperate to get as much power back as we could. 

she’s a massive liability now. We might lose the senate in 2024 and not get it back for awhile due to how rigged the senate map is in favor of the republicans. We can’t leave a single judge nomination to chance in case we lose the 2024 election. Fill them all and get some older dem judges  to retire so we can replace them too. I’d love to see Biden have more judge appointments then Trump after one term.

She's no longer serving her constituents, the office or anything other than herself.  If she can't look at her trail of absences and see that her position is a liability, then she needs to be shown it by those in power, that are still serving the interests of the country.  Her legacy is about to take a hit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

She's no longer serving her constituents, the office or anything other than herself.  If she can't look at her trail of absences and see that her position is a liability, then she needs to be shown it by those in power, that are still serving the interests of the country.  Her legacy is about to take a hit.  

Yep, stay in power long enough to become the villain or something.  People will forget the years/decades good you've done if you fucked them over in the span of a months or a year.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

If she's really suffering from dementia, like what is reported, you can't count on her to make reasonable decisions. This is when you need the party leader, Biden, to call her up and tell her to resign. She can't ignore Biden. She can refuse but I think refusing is not easy.

I assume that she has someone in her ear telling her to stay like a chief of staff.

• Rage+1 1

On 4/13/2023 at 4:11 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Yep, stay in power long enough to become the villain or something.  People will forget the years/decades good you've done if you fucked them over in the span of a months or a year.

Mack Brown. Yes, still too soon.

On 4/13/2023 at 4:18 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

Honestly how confident are we in her cognitive abilities? I’ve been assuming “shingles” is cover for full blown dementia. 

She can't figure out why people keep calling her Senator.  Maybe she hears "sugar".

On 4/14/2023 at 8:07 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If she's really suffering from dementia, like what is reported, you can't count on her to make reasonable decisions. This is when you need the party leader, Biden, to call her up and tell her to resign. She can't ignore Biden. She can refuse but I think refusing is not easy.

I assume that she has someone in her ear telling her to stay like a chief of staff.

Yeah, follow the money because her staff will be out of jobs.  

• Gil Bang changed the title to Sen. Feinstein dies at age 90