A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

If they’d been allowed to bring appliances, they could have at least made some toast during that long wait.  

I like that Trump used his Presidential letterhead to announce a golf resort construction project.  The man just Oozes class and success at every turn. I’m 

On 1/14/2022 at 2:38 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I have friends outside of Conroe who assure me that it's been improving and "moving away from the white trash/lake trash past".

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

It's the fastest growing county in Texas. I have a co-worker who has lived there for years and commutes into Houston daily. While he doesn't like the increased number of people because he...doesn't like people...he was taken with my suggestion of opening an RV park in the area as an investment. "Because it's the last refuge for people to find affordable housing and raise their families." I guess the idea that there isn't "affordable" housing somewhat supports your friends post. But on the other hand, the apparent demand for RV slots and trailer parks for folks to raise their families also doesn't scream that the trash is going away any time soon...

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm sure the neighbors will be thrilled with 2,300 units.

Also, I doubt he spent millions.

He have never spent any of his money. Even his first deal was done with daddy's money. He borrows money. When you have assets, you can borrow money against them. And since golf as a sport has been declining in popularity for the past 15 years or so, this is a pretty smart business decision. 

Fox News host Laura Ingraham is not committing to supporting former President Trump if he runs for reelection in 2024.

"I'm not saying I'm there for him yet," Ingraham told Northern Virginia Magazine, when asked if she'll support Trump in the next presidential election, should he run. "But I think whether he runs or not - I mean, his policies worked. Trump's blueprint for policy - a forward-looking, optimistic set of pro-America policies - that blueprint, without a doubt, is winning."

The former president has not announced his future political plans but has been endorsing candidates for Congress over the last year and hinting at another run at the White House for months.

Public polling shows that the vast majority of Republicans would support Trump and many wish to see him run for president again.

Ingraham's relationship with Trump, as well as those of several of her Fox News colleagues, has come under increased scrutiny in recent weeks following revelations from the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Ingraham was one of several high-profile Fox personalities who reportedly texted with then-White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows on the day of the insurrection, pleading with him to get Trump to do something to get his supporters to stop attacking Congress.

The suspense is killing us Laura. Can you give us a hint? Please don't leave us in this state of bewilderment. 

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I guess the idea that there isn't "affordable" housing somewhat supports your friends post. But on the other hand, the apparent demand for RV slots and trailer parks for folks to raise their families also doesn't scream that the trash is going away any time soon...

I think it's more about the crowd that's been attracted to Lake Conroe in the past - it had plenty of cheap areas to live and was near Houston.  It had that reputation even when I was in high school.

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

He have never spent any of his money. Even his first deal was done with daddy's money. He borrows money. When you have assets, you can borrow money against them. And since golf as a sport has been declining in popularity for the past 15 years or so, this is a pretty smart business decision. 

So  how do we find out who's bankrolling  this? 

It's the fastest growing county in Texas. I have a co-worker who has lived there for years and commutes into Houston daily. While he doesn't like the increased number of people because he...doesn't like people...he was taken with my suggestion of opening an RV park in the area as an investment. "Because it's the last refuge for people to find affordable housing and raise their families." I guess the idea that there isn't "affordable" housing somewhat supports your friends post. But on the other hand, the apparent demand for RV slots and trailer parks for folks to raise their families also doesn't scream that the trash is going away any time soon...
Meh, there is pretty heavy demand for RV spots out in West Austin. How do I know? Rented out my house on Air Bnb full time and did the airstream bit for almost 15 months and it was challenging finding a spot that was decent. Boosted my retirement by 100k while traveling a shitload and it was a cool experience. But going into Covid during the summer sucked ass, so we we bailed. We were in a nice park, and could ride our bikes to several restaurants, quick drive to the yacht club and had a nice social scene. Retirees moving near grandkids, recent divorcee, two cops, snow birds and nice working class folks predominated. Also a few flag flying Trumptards and sketchy methy dock workers, but it is Texas.

That said Conroe is surely a more redneck scene. But I wouldn't judge anyone.
  • Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Meh, there is pretty heavy demand for RV spots out in West Austin. How do I know? Rented out my house on Air Bnb full time and did the airstream bit for almost 15 months and it was challenging finding a spot that was decent. Boosted my retirement by 100k while traveling a shitload and it was a cool experience. But going into Covid during the summer sucked ass, so we we bailed. We were in a nice park, and could ride our bikes to several restaurants, quick drive to the yacht club and had a nice social scene. Retirees moving near grandkids, recent divorcee, two cops, snow birds and nice working class folks predominated. Also a few flag flying Trumptards and sketchy methy dock workers, but it is Texas.

That said Conroe is surely a more redneck scene. But I wouldn't judge anyone.

Hey man, I generally agree with this mentality. A trailer and some vagabond travel could be in my wife’s future. But you nailed it: Austin is cool, Montgomery county is decidedly not.  It’s ugly, nothing is close to other things, etc.

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:
donald-trump-russia.gif
ENIkQb5UYAAP-Gs.jpg

I have to wonder how many times Eric was given a wedgy or had his horrible mug shoved in a toilet. By his school mates of course, his dad would probably also do it, but flat forgot he exists so often that he never got around to it.

Eric Trump graduated from Georgetown University with a business degree in finance and management. Like his dad junior graduated Ivy League at the Wharton school of business. Think about that. These are our leaders. 

Edited by JimmyJames

8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I hope an aggy engineering grad is tasked with designing and building the stage for dotard’s Conroe hootenanny. 

Better if it's the guy that designed the temporary seating for the Houston game all those years ago.

4d553c33e84be51bf307833ff913cb61f49ccf3c

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Sweet christ.

Our elite educational institutions have clearly failed. They’re just a fraternity/club for the ultra rich. That these morons got degrees there just shows those universities are complete frauds. You know there are many more idiots out there like them like Cruz and Hawley. No wonder we are in this position.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just read that press release.  

Does anybody here doubt that all of the allegations are true?   I mean, who wouldn't believe that Donald fucking Trump would live in a 10,000 square foot penthouse, and tell people that it's really over 30,000 feet? Because he's a crook, of course.  But moreso because he's such an insecure little cunt. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

5 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/18/nyregion/trump-organization-fraud-letitia-james.html

Published Jan. 18, 2022Updated Jan. 19, 2022, 6:20 a.m. ET

The New York State attorney general, Letitia James, accused Donald J. Trump’s family business late Tuesday of repeatedly misrepresenting the value of its assets to bolster its bottom line, saying in court papers that the company had engaged in “fraudulent or misleading” practices.

The filing came in response to Mr. Trump’s recent effort to block Ms. James from questioning him and two of his adult children under oath as part of a civil investigation of his business, the Trump Organization. Ms. James’s inquiry into Mr. Trump and the company is ongoing, and it is unclear whether her lawyers will ultimately file a lawsuit against them.

Still, the filing marked the first time that the attorney general’s office leveled such specific accusations against the former president’s company. Her broadside ratchets up the pressure on Mr. Trump as he seeks to shut down her investigation, which he has called a partisan witch hunt. Ms. James is a Democrat.

The filing outlined what Ms. James’s office termed misleading statements about the value of six Trump properties, as well as the “Trump brand.” The properties included golf clubs in Westchester County, N.Y., and Scotland, flagship buildings such as 40 Wall Street in Manhattan and Mr. Trump’s own penthouse home in Trump Tower.

Ms. James’s filing argued that the company misstated the value of the properties to lenders, insurers and the Internal Revenue Service. Many of the statements, the filing argued, were “generally inflated as part of a pattern to suggest that Mr. Trump’s net worth was higher than it otherwise would have appeared.”

Ms. James highlighted details of how she said the company inflated the valuations: $150,000 initiation fees into Mr. Trump’s golf club in Westchester that it never collected; mansions that had not yet been built on one of his private estates; and 20,000 square feet in his Trump Tower triplex that did not exist.

“We have uncovered significant evidence that suggests Donald J. Trump and the Trump Organization falsely and fraudulently valued multiple assets and misrepresented those values to financial institutions for economic benefit,” Ms. James said in a statement.

It is unusual for such specific and serious allegations to emerge in court papers — filed less than an hour before a midnight deadline to respond to Mr. Trump’s effort to avoid being questioned — instead of in a formal complaint. Ms. James’s lawyers said that the release of the details would not hamper their investigation, and added that the office was also looking into other conduct not discussed in the filing.

Lawyers for Mr. Trump and his company did not respond to requests for comment.

Because Ms. James’s investigation is civil, she can sue Mr. Trump and his company but cannot file criminal charges. Her inquiry is running parallel to a criminal investigation led by the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg, which is examining some of the same conduct. Ms. James’s office is participating in that separate investigation, which is continuing. Mr. Bragg, also a Democrat, inherited the inquiry from his predecessor after taking office on Jan. 1.

In early December, Ms. James issued a subpoena for Mr. Trump as well as for Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump, seeking to question them as part of her civil inquiry. Ms. James already questioned another of Mr. Trump’s sons, Eric Trump, in October 2020. He invoked his Fifth Amendment right against incriminating himself in response to more than 500 questions, the new court filing said.

After receiving the subpoenas, lawyers for Mr. Trump filed a federal lawsuit seeking to halt Ms. James’s civil investigation and to bar her office from participating in the district attorney’s criminal investigation. The lawsuit, which accused Ms. James of violating Mr. Trump’s constitutional rights, argued that her investigation was politically motivated and cited a long list of her public attacks on Mr. Trump.

This month, Mr. Trump’s lawyers also filed court papers in New York State seeking to block Ms. James’s subpoenas, prompting her filing on Tuesday.

Ms. James, who is running for re-election this year, argued in the court papers that while her office had compiled evidence that Mr. Trump’s company had engaged in possible fraud, investigators needed to question Mr. Trump in order to determine who was responsible for “the numerous misstatements and omissions made by him or on his behalf” — and whether they were intentional.

A case could be hard to prove. Property valuations are often subjective, and Mr. Trump’s lawyers are likely to note that his lenders and insurers — sophisticated financial institutions that turned a profit off their relationship with the Trumps — did not rely on the company’s estimates.

Ms. James has been investigating Mr. Trump’s business practices since March 2019. In previous filings, she described some of the properties she was scrutinizing and said that her investigators were looking into whether Mr. Trump had inflated values in order to secure loans and obtain economic and tax benefits.

In Tuesday’s filing, she went further, giving examples in which she said the former president’s business had misrepresented the worth of some of its properties and showing how those claims had benefited the company, allowing it to receive favorable loans, insurance coverage and tax benefits.

The accusations center on Mr. Trump’s statements of financial condition, the annual record of his assets and liabilities that he gave to lenders and insurers.

Mr. Trump’s lawyers are likely to point to disclaimers in these statements that the data had not been audited or authenticated. But Ms. James’s office said that he “was personally involved in reviewing and approving the statements of financial condition before their issuance.”

In 2015, for example, while seeking to refinance a loan on his 40 Wall Street tower in Lower Manhattan, Mr. Trump’s statement of financial condition estimated that the property was worth $735 million. Yet one lender concluded it was worth only $257 million.

A year earlier, Mr. Trump valued his Aberdeenshire golf club in Scotland at $435 million. But according to Ms. James’s filing, that estimate was inflated, thanks in large part to the Trump Organization’s erroneous assumption that it could build 2,500 luxury homes on the property when, in fact, it had approval to build fewer than 1,500 “holiday apartments,” residences and golf villas.

And for years, the filing asserted, Mr. Trump’s company included the worth of Mr. Trump’s personal brand in some of its valuations of golf clubs, despite saying that it had not.

While Ms. James did not show that the company benefited from every valuation, her filing contended that the company broadly inflated its assets, which may have provided an overly rosy picture of Mr. Trump’s finances to lenders.

Ms. James’s lawyers also argued that Mr. Trump submitted at least two misleading statements to the Internal Revenue Service, saying that he substantially overstated the value of land at both his Seven Springs Estate in Westchester County and his Los Angeles Golf Club. The value of Seven Springs, Ms. James said, had been boosted by counting the value of seven nonexistent mansions, said to be worth $61 million. Mr. Trump received tax deductions worth millions of dollars on both properties.

Investigators accused the Trump Organization of calculating the value of Trump Tower by falsely inflating the size of Mr. Trump’s longtime home: While Mr. Trump had claimed since 2012 that his triplex penthouse apartment in the building was 30,000 square feet, he had signed documents stating its size as 10,996 square feet.

The additional square footage allowed the company to claim a $327 million value for the apartment in statements of financial condition. Ms. James said that Allen H. Weisselberg, the Trump Organization’s longtime chief financial officer, had said during questioning by Ms. James’s investigators that the apartment was overvalued by “give or take” $200 million.

Mr. Weisselberg, the filing contends, also falsely told one of Mr. Trump’s insurance companies that the property valuations were based on assessments by professional appraisers, when that was not the case. In reality, “the valuations were prepared by Trump Organization staff,” the filing said.

Mr. Trump’s company is already under indictment in Manhattan. In July, the former Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., charged the company and Mr. Weisselberg with carrying out a 15-year scheme to dole out off-the-books luxury perks to certain executives. That case is scheduled to head to trial later this year.

On 1/18/2022 at 4:38 AM, tx 3 putt said:

per tiktok reports, no one could leave the rally saturday until trump was out of the house. some people tried leaving early and were stuck in the parking lot 4+ hours lol 

This is SOP for any POTUS or ex-POTUS event.  Don't go see one on a lark, it is not worth it unless you are a fan boy.  It will involve hours of sitting around. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Georgetown university BBA graduate ladies and gentlemen. They must be so proud, northing more.

Although apparently he was too stupid to get admitted to Wharton and graduate from the Ivy League like his older brother and dad did. 

America is such a meritocracy 

• Rage+1 2

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement