A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

He's never really had any policy positions over 60 years of public life, including 4 as President of a major superpower.  Why the fuck should he start now? 

He's a walking, talking enabler.  That was his master stroke.  Just empower people to be their shittiest, lowest self.  He fucking nailed it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So trump is going to run as a pro- vaccine, pro-abortion Republican and win, because his supporters don’t actually care what he supports, says, or does?

That's been the republican party for at least 40 years. He's just the penultimate result of their lack of any semblance of give a shit about anything but winning power. Just a bunch of wedge issues to make stupid people vote for them, it worked then, works now. They really don't give a shit.

54 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I think I was conflating the spelling of Gattaca and Battlestar Galactica

Or Attica prison where they had that riot. I just saw Dog Day Afternoon again recently and that came to mind thinking about Al Pacino’s character outside the bank shouting “Attica! Attica! Attica!”

I also rewatched Gattaca again recently, going through some DVDs to maybe purge from my collection. I thought about getting rid of that one, watched it, and decided, “Nope.” That’s a keeper. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Or Attica prison where they had that riot. I just saw Dog Day Afternoon again recently and that came to mind thinking about Al Pacino’s character outside the bank shouting “Attica! Attica! Attica!

My mom and two of her sisters tried taking pictures in front of Attica prison once (we lived near the town). They didn’t realize people aren’t allowed to be anywhere near the walls. Once the guards started screaming at them, they figured it out.

/csb 

He had an uncle at MIT. Show some respect. 

There's a nuclear reaction when wind turbine blades cut through the air. Radiation, man. It emanates from the windmill killing birds and causing cancer in humans. It's something we've never seen before. Well, you still can't see it except for the piles of dead birds and human tumors. 

The below is a scientific photograph of a person being radiated more than a mile from a windmill.

spacer.png

Below is a neighborhood that was too close to the nuclear warming of windmills.

spacer.png

Sad.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, HornPhD said:

My mom and two of her sisters tried taking pictures in front of Attica prison once (we lived near the town). They didn’t realize people aren’t allowed to be anywhere near the walls. Once the guards started screaming at them, they figured it out.

/csb 

That’s weird. I had something similar happen to me at Mexico’s National Palace in Mexico City. I was 15 years old and visiting on a class trip. I was filming with my Super 8mm camera and some armed soldier came up and made me stop. I don’t know what the big deal was. 

3 hours ago, YGIFS said:

He's never really had any policy positions over 60 years of public life, including 4 as President of a major superpower.  Why the fuck should he start now? 

He's a walking, talking enabler.  That was his master stroke.  Just empower people to be their shittiest, lowest self.  He fucking nailed it.

You got to be brave to stand up to Big Cancer. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

You got to be brave to stand up to Big Cancer. 

And he is so goddamn brave.  He's hosting a 10k for his supporters.  Meaning, they send him $10,000 each, they run around a wind turbine for a half Saturday, and he goes out for Big Macs.  Such a man of vision.

Yeah, that nuclear warming is for real because when there is a core meltdown it gets so hot it just melts down into the earth.  I know cause I seent it happen at that Fuckashima place in Japan and that there Share No Bell place in Rusha.

Edited by AnTiM

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So trump is going to run as a pro- vaccine, pro-abortion Republican and win, because his supporters don’t actually care what he supports, says, or does?

vince mcmahon trump GIF

Oh shit, I am in for the Trump heel turn.

Pro gun restrictions, abortion, and LGBTQ rights, the maga mental gymnastics would be gold medal level.

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

I've been doing research, and nuclear warming is like all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Imagine lugging the username "Bookman" around for years and years, waiting for the perfect moment, and then suddenly in the middle of a thread about Donald Fucking Trump, THERE IT IS!!  and...

Atlanta Braves Sport GIF by MLB

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, 'stache said:

That's been the republican party for at least 40 years. He's just the penultimate result of their lack of any semblance of give a shit about anything but winning power. Just a bunch of wedge issues to make stupid people vote for them, it worked then, works now. They really don't give a shit.

Why penultimate?

Who's next?

ETA:  I suppose I should add that Trump is the ultimate result.  Someone, meatball Ron perhaps, may come along and "do it better" because s/he's more rational and intelligent, but Trump let the genie out of the bottle.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I promise, you can show MAGA people those empty, master-planned cities in Central China and tell them it's a rendering of a Trump Freedom City and they'd write us checks immediately.  And then one day you reveal that it's actually a real set of buildings from the CCP and watch them open up their own wrists.  Win-win, I say.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

She looked like she was 20, okay? 

I think "pedantic" is like a literary term or some shit.  

Also, all these mentions of Luke & Owen Wilson.  I feel like Andrew is left out of the conversation.  He's like the Wilson Family equivalent of Frank Stallone.