A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You know Eric was giggling like Beavis while he figured out the plane he was watching was the one he was in.  Donald had to be suicidal watching his dipshit offspring.  That makes me feel good. 

I have no doubt that Donald has nothing but contempt for his failsons, but he’s incapable of feeling suicidal. That would require internalizing some sense of shame or responsibility. It’s fairly clear he has no sense of attachment to his children beyond taking bizarre pride that his daughter is hot. 

Anyway, Eric and Don are perfect failsons. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/06/andrew-giuilani-andrew-cuomo-and-the-age-of-the-failson.html

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I have no doubt that Donald has nothing but contempt for his failsons, but he’s incapable of feeling suicidal. That would require internalizing some sense of shame or responsibility. It’s fairly clear he has no sense of attachment to his children beyond taking bizarre pride that his daughter is hot. 

Anyway, Eric and Don are perfect failsons. 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/06/andrew-giuilani-andrew-cuomo-and-the-age-of-the-failson.html

I didn’t literally mean suicidal, Debbie Downer. I say ‘___ is gonna drive me to suicide’ or something along those lines regularly but, sadly for you all, I’m here for the long haul.  Kind of like dotard.  FML 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It is pretty incredible that someone volunteering for an interview indignantly responds to a question with “I’m not in a deposition”. Answering questions is kind of the whole point of your being on tv

Yeah, I found that odd as well.  Apparently she went on TV just because someone asked her to be on TV.  

From what I understand she's in pretty big trouble, so why do anything to make that worse.  It's not like MAGA is going to send her any money.  

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It is pretty incredible that someone volunteering for an interview indignantly responds to a question with “I’m not in a deposition”. Answering questions is kind of the whole point of your being on tv

What's more amazing is she went on an interview with CNN and not some friendly "media" outlet and wasn't prepared or did not anticipate questions that she couldn't answer.

10 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Yeah, I found that odd as well.  Apparently she went on TV just because someone asked her to be on TV.  

From what I understand she's in pretty big trouble, so why do anything to make that worse.  It's not like MAGA is going to send her any money.  

Has she tried?  Those rubes will send money to any piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

CNN just reported that a fed court just ruled against him in his motion to prevent his aides from testifying in the J6 investigation.

That's been a damn near daily occurrence for a couple of months now.  Which particular aides were these?

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's been a damn near daily occurrence for a couple of months now.  Which particular aides were these?

Don't have a link, just saw it flashed across the screen.  One of the anchors asked, "Is this just Meadows?" and someone told her No, it's everyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Don't have a link, just saw it flashed across the screen.  One of the anchors asked, "Is this just Meadows?" and someone told her No, it's everyone.

Oh!  Maybe that's the Court of Appeals affirming, because I think that was established in the trial court some weeks ago.

ETA:  from the above, so it is.  Great fucking news.  It is not a ruling on the merits, but by denying the stay, they're forcing the testimony, so it's a nice little lower court shadow docket ruling for the good guys.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Oh!  Maybe that's the Court of Appeals affirming, because I think that was established in the trial court some weeks ago.

ETA:  from the above, so it is.  Great fucking news.  It is not a ruling on the merits, but by denying the stay, they're forcing the testimony, so it's a nice little lower court shadow docket ruling for the good guys.

So Uncle Ruckus and co. are going to be stepping in any time now, aren't they?

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

My understanding is that a lot of these witnesses testified already, but declined to answer some questions based on assertions of privilege which have now been settled, so the prosecutors are re-calling them to answer the questions they previously ducked. 

• Hook 'Em 3

46 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

So Uncle Ruckus and co. are going to be stepping in any time now, aren't they?

Trumpco has not been appealing these rulings to SCOTUS and it is said that they are unlikely to appeal this one.

33 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

My understanding is that a lot of these witnesses testified already, but declined to answer some questions based on assertions of privilege which have now been settled, so the prosecutors are re-calling them to answer the questions they previously ducked. 

Yes, that is the conventional understanding.  A few of these witnesses, namely Meadows I think, may be able to plead the 5th because their testimony would actually incriminate them.  The Special Counsel can grant them use immunity and they will have to testify anyway.  That happened with Kash Patel in the MAL documents case.

One kind of amusing aspect of this is they can't now say "I don't remember" or "we didn't talk about that."  Because they invoked a privilege over it and lost. Well, they can, but they can also be held in contempt and jailed until they come clean.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I thought Fox News gave up on Trump?  They're just completely sucking his tiny orange Cheeto today.

"This DA wouldn't bring these charges against anyone but Trump."

"Hillary was also found guilty of a campaign violation.  She was not arrested for that."

44 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I thought Fox News gave up on Trump?  They're just completely sucking his tiny orange Cheeto today.

"This DA wouldn't bring these charges against anyone but Trump."

"Hillary was also found guilty of a campaign violation.  She was not arrested for that."

How could she be found guilty without having been arrested?

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

If you are actually paying attention, Trump has just repeatedly gotten his ass kicked in court since leaving office.

Repeatedly, thoroughly, completely.

Yes, definitely, Go Team Law.  Still feels like watching an LSU win…

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

But I was told only "woke" Democrats wanted to defund the police, etc.

Screenshot2023-04-05at9_41_19AM.thumb.png.ccf6fc114b04f43ee14b182b42091996.png

We should get rid of the judiciary entirely.  And about half of congress.  Not the good half.  Weaken the executive branch until, you know, and then strengthen it the likes of which nobody has ever seen before.

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The various amounts that Donald Trump still owes cities. If you were a mayor, city manager, police chief or whatever, wouldn't you want to get paid up front after seeing this?

image.thumb.jpeg.9b785aecf9e35524a5a4c485c3779a2c.jpeg

Look at that fucking map.  Think about how easy it would be to slip fentanyl into the coke supply and have Junior drop dead.  7 of those cities are huge coke distribution hubs.  Come the fuck on America...let's get together and do this.  Nothing against Junior, he's loud and annoying but relatively harmless.  I just want his father to have to pretend to weep for a dead child.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 1

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2023/04/trump-mar-a-lago-indictment-speech/673639/?utm_medium=social&utm_content=edit-promo&utm_term=2023-04-05T18%3A38%3A48&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=the-atlantic

In his speech last night to his supporters at Mar-a-Lago, made several hours after he was arraigned in Manhattan on 34 felony counts, Donald Trump took aim at Juan Merchan, the judge in the case.

“I have a Trump-hating judge with a Trump-hating wife and family, whose daughter worked for Kamala Harris and now receives money from the Biden-Harris campaign, and a lot of it,” Trump said. He also compared the conduct of Merchan, who presided over the Trump Organization’s tax-fraud trial, to something “right out of the old Soviet Union.”

Earlier in the day, two of Trump’s sons, Don Jr. and Eric, attacked the judge’s daughter as well, with the former tweeting a picture of her. This came a few days after Trump posted a fake image of himself swinging a baseball bat at the head of Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, whom Trump referred to on his Truth Social platform as an “animal.”

I recently wrote that Trump was behaving like a mob boss. That comparison turns out to have been insulting to mob bosses everywhere. Andrew Weissmann, a former lead prosecutor in Robert Mueller’s Special Counsel’s office, was asked on MSNBC about Trump’s attack on Judge Merchan and his family. Noting that he had prosecuted Mafia cases in the past, Weissmann said, “You do not have this behavior from a mob boss. There is a rule in organized crime. You do not do this with respect to prosecutors. You don’t do this with respect to the judge. You certainly don’t go after their families. It’s bad business to do that.” Leave it to Donald Trump to go where Mafia dons will not.

On the day trump was arraigned, the RealClearPolitics average of polls showed him far ahead of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, 50.8 percent to 24.6 percent, with no other Republican drawing above 5 percent. In recent weeks, Trump has been surging in the polls, including since the indictment was announced.

Sarah Longwell, who has been doing focus groups with two-time Trump voters, reports that in her most recent groups, everyone supported Trump for the 2024 GOP nomination, which hasn’t been the case for months and months.

Spoiler

Almost all elected Republicans who have spoken out have rallied to defend Trump. Senator Lindsey Graham appeared to be on the verge of tears as he begged people to send money to support Trump. Even those positioning themselves to challenge Trump for the GOP nomination are rising to the defense of the indicted ex-president. In listening to them, you would think Trump has never done anything wrong, ever. He is a victim, a persecuted martyr—and, as Marjorie Taylor Greene reminded us, he is in good company: Jesus was arrested too. (This was a particularly nice touch during Holy Week.)

Two things are happening at once: Trump, depraved and deranged, is lashing out, more venomous than ever. As my colleague David Graham notes, in last night’s speech, Trump described Special Counsel Jack Smith as “a radical-left lunatic known as a bomb thrower”; the Fulton County, Georgia, prosecutor Fani Willis as “a local racist Democrat district attorney in Atlanta”; and New York Attorney General Letitia James as a “racist.” All three are investigating Trump.

Republican officials, whether they appreciate and admire Trump or are fearful of and submissive to him, continue to stand by him. They recognize that he is the most dominant and popular figure in the Republican Party. And they are stuck with him.

They have had countless opportunities over the years to take the exit ramp, from the release of the Access Hollywood tape, to Trump’s first impeachment, to his attempt to overthrow an election, to the violent insurrection at the Capitol. They have refused every time. More criminal charges of an even more serious nature are unlikely to change that. We’re witnessing the political equivalent of abuse victims struggling to break with their abusers. Having long failed to part ways with Trump, they now feel like they can never break with him. Privately, many Republicans hope that someone else, anyone else, including prosecutors, will do what they were too craven to do, and free them of Trump. But publicly, they are, almost to a person, on his side. The tribe demands no less of its members. To do otherwise is to suffer the fate of the intrepid Liz Cheney.

Republican leaders never grasped how, at every juncture, their willingness to go along with Trump even when they knew better—their willingness to defend his misdeeds, to attack his critics, to bite their tongue, to engage in whataboutism—increased Trump’s hold on the party and further radicalized the base. As that happened, the “normies” became more passive, more compliant, less influential, and more willing to accept and defend a man who is, by any reasonable standard, crazed and unstable. And so, here we are.

The Trump era has been illuminating in this regard. In the past, wondering just how far a party would go in defense of its leader was a matter of speculation. But Trump has moved this question from the realm of speculation to the realm of reality. The GOP has hitched its wagon to Trump, and he is leading them to places even they never imagined. A grotesque man presides over a grotesque party.

In January 2016, when Trump said he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters, people thought it was hyperbole. It turned out to be prophecy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1