A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

27 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

100,000 dead from drag show?  Wow.  We should do something about that.  

I mean if that's just from drag shows, how many die at shows/movies/concerts/theaters overall?  Say 1 in 100 performances nationwide is a drag show, that means we're losing 10mm people overall just from the performing arts?  Somebody has got to put a stop to this.  Our entire population will be completely gone by the time "Top Gun Maverick: The Musical" is off Broadway.  

1/100 is very generous hahaha

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not missing any point.  You are.

I confine my explanations to the legal system as it stands, I don't express opinions by and large on whether it's globally the right result or not.  Or whether it enables fascists or not.  You seem to think I do.

You can't change the legal system on the fly to make what was not illegal suddenly illegal.  Ex post facto clause out front should have told you.

Executive privilege is at its highest when the executive holds office.  You're going to see that it exists for a good reason for the remaining years of the Biden administration when it's used to fight off Gym Jordan and his merry band of idiots.

Twice

Be our guest, go ahead and give your personal views on the right and wrong of things.  In addition to your educational efforts.  You won’t turn to stone.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/29/2023 at 2:25 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I mean this as no insult to transexuals or anyone else, but I thought this was a woman before he spoke. After hearing him, I begin to suspect that maybe he's just too stupid to remember what sex he is.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Twice

Be our guest, go ahead and give your personal views on the right and wrong of things.  In addition to your educational efforts.  You won’t turn to stone.  

I do from time to time.  I bemoan the fascists.  Note that I don't comment on the Supreme Court thread because it's depressing and nihilistic.

I'm examining things mostly at the workaday level of the trial courts and the appeals of those decisions on conventional legal grounds, not politico-legal grounds like the Supreme Court.

I don't need to restate what has already been said before.  I do this lawsplaining thing because I'm genuinely interested in it and it's fairly original content for these threads.

I am severely disappointed in the Texas Bar, both because Powell apparently will suffer no consequence, and because the Bar apparently fucked up the case and doesn't seem to have the stomach to attempt to correct its errors.  It's a shitty way for it to go down.

Jack Smith, on the other hand, is displaying fortitude and diligence and unless his cases come up truly unprovable, I think he's going to bring them and be a formidable prosecutor and seems as likely as anyone around so bring close to airtight cases and get his man.  And it's fairly unusual for me to be pro-prosecution.

• Hook 'Em 5

49 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It wasn't exactly subtle. Wonder which one he was pissed at in that moment. 

46 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

all of them? maybe not ivanka, but you know

also in his mind he was being 100% subtle.

I'd think it's most likely Ivanka. She's been distancing herself. Daddy misses sneaking his tiny hands into that zone between improper and normal.

spacer.png

When she described the following scene in her 2016 speech which is clearly complete fabrication, was she alluding to something else.

If it’s possible to be famous and yet not really well done, that describes the father who raised me. In the same office in Trump Tower, where we now work together, I remember playing on the floor by my father’s desk, constructing miniature buildings with Legos and Erector sets, while he did the same with concrete steel and glass.

My father taught my siblings and me the importance of positive values and a strong ethical compass. He showed us how to be resilient, how to deal with challenges and how to strive for excellence in all that we do. He taught us that there’s nothing that we cannot accomplish, if we marry vision and passion with an enduring work ethic.

I choked on the cornball homey composition of a scene that never happened. That's the only reason I remembered it until now: just the absurdity considering what we know. In case you doubted the falsehood, consider the absurd lies engulfing this story above and below.

Now we have this possible poorly coded message to his children. Was she sending a coded message in 2016? Playing at erection on the floor while Daddy did the same thing in his chair? Has anyone even had an Erector Set since the 1960s?

He's lonely and angry. Kushner's cashed in on the Donald's presidency and doesn't likely need him anymore. Trump can't go after Jared because Jared is awash in money and undoubtedly holds a few devastating cards he could play against Donald Trump. Ivanka may have signed a pre-nup with Jared and a threat to her inheritance could become worrisome.

spacer.png

Sick fuck. Sick enabler. I have an unhealthy interest in getting the real story about their life if anyone can every break it. I've had a rich friend from New York. She would drop lines about incest of this sort being more common than you might think, but then she'd act like she never said it. Jeff Epsteins little exploitation/rape set-up surely supports the notion that the rich can be unafraid of developing unhealthy appetites and then sating themselves.

It's so tempting to believe that bumbling Donald Trump can be saying the quiet part out loud. Baby come back or it's no moula from the ghoula. 

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'd think it's most likely Ivanka. She's been distancing herself. Daddy misses sneaking his tiny hands into that zone between improper and normal.

spacer.png

When she described the following scene in her 2016 speech which is clearly complete fabrication, was she alluding to something else.

I choked on the cornball homey composition of a scene that never happened. That's the only reason I remembered it until now: just the absurdity considering what we know. In case you doubted the falsehood, consider the absurd lies engulfing this story above and below.

Now we have this possible poorly coded message to his children. Was she sending a coded message in 2016? Playing at erection on the floor while Daddy did the same thing in his chair? Has anyone even had an Erector Set since the 1960s?

He's lonely and angry. Kushner's cashed in on the Donald's presidency and doesn't likely need him anymore. Trump can't go after Jared because Jared is awash in money and undoubtedly holds a few devastating cards he could play against Donald Trump. Ivanka may have signed a pre-nup with Jared and a threat to her inheritance could become worrisome.

spacer.png

Sick fuck. Sick enabler. I have an unhealthy interest in getting the real story about their life if anyone can every break it. I've had a rich friend from New York. She would drop lines about incest of this sort being more common than you might think, but then she'd act like she never said it. Jeff Epsteins little exploitation/rape set-up surely supports the notion that the rich can be unafraid of developing unhealthy appetites and then sating themselves.

It's so tempting to believe that bumbling Donald Trump can be saying the quiet part out loud. Baby come back or it's no moula from the ghoula. 

He’s jealous because Jared is much, much more wealthy than he is. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

It wasn't exactly subtle. Wonder which one he was pissed at in that moment. 

As said, his One True Daughter has been avoiding him.

Although he can't be too happy with Junior's rants where he loses control.  And then Eric....I can't tell if one should worry about him precisely because he stays out of the limelight or he's just too dumb for anybody to pay attention to.

2 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

oh come on, like absolutely anything would ever come of that. Great job by Trump of destroying confidence in the legal system for "both sides" 

Actually, I might put some blame on people like Kirschner.  Dude is an hysteric.

We need trump to stay alive until 2025. The Republican Party can’t be spared from the civil war that’s coming. It will probably be so bitter that it will torpedo any chance of them winning in 2024. It will be similar to the effect Bernie bro’s had on the Clinton campaign after they promised not to vote her when Bernie lost.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

The plot thickens ….

I could be wrong but my reading of this news is that Weisselberg's attorney, Nicholas Gravante, was fired by the Trump organization (which had paid his fees) and replaced by Seth Rosenberg, who will also be paid by the Trump organization. The reason for firing Gravante is that he is believed to be too friendly to prosecutors.

On 3/28/2023 at 9:21 AM, TwiceHorn said:

Speaking of "what will happen next," the summary judgment in Sidney Powell's case was made final on 2/22, making a notice of appeal or motion for new trial due last Friday.  Nothing shows up on the online docket.

That appears to mean that the Bar is abandoning its complaint against Powell.

Most disappointing.  I would like an explanation, but we are unlikely to get one.

Go figure. Ah well, nevertheless. 

22 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I am severely disappointed in the Texas Bar, both because Powell apparently will suffer no consequence, and because the Bar apparently fucked up the case and doesn't seem to have the stomach to attempt to correct its errors.  It's a shitty way for it to go down.

They've got a great magazine, though.

• Hook 'Em 1