A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So clearly this means fuck all really, but I guess it's nice to have the Rs have to admit they are voting for an indicted nominee.  @TwiceHorn the big ones are Georgia state crimes and Jan 6th right?

No shit. Why isn't Bannon in jail right now?

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So clearly this means fuck all really, but I guess it's nice to have the Rs have to admit they are voting for an indicted nominee.  @TwiceHorn the big ones are Georgia state crimes and Jan 6th right?

Stolen classified documents as well. That’s got to be an open and shut obstruction of justice case at the very least. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Am I the only one that actually thinks Michael Cohen is and has been doing the right thing and is completely sincere in his actions?

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Stolen classified documents as well. That’s got to be an open and shut obstruction of justice case at the very least. 

I knew I was forgetting something.  So hard to keep them all straight.  Fucking insane how many criminal acts this man committed, whether he'll be indicted for them or not.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That one should be the easiest of all to prosecute.  And maybe Georgia.  I don't think anything will come from J6 even though he was the clear ringleader.  Only way that potentially happens is if someone like Meadows flips.

The Georgia one is going to be the one where shit gets real.  With all due respect to my esteemed friend and colleague Twice and his opinions on how to weigh the strength of evidence against Trump, state court prosecutors have taken tons of people to trial for every crime under the sun with much less conclusive evidence than that tape of Trump trying to coerce the Georgia Secretary of State to falsify the election results.

Yeah but they’ve never had to deal with MAGAts on a jury where the head MAGAT is in the hot seat.

Nevertheless, imma have a beer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I honestly don't know how to define big.  I think you correctly sussed out that this NY case is a bit contrived in that it shoehorns the campaign finance violation (a potential federal crime) into a NY state law misdemeanor to make it a felony.  It's a four year felony.  https://www.new-york-lawyers.org/falsifying-business-records-ny-pl-175-10-and-175-15.html

I am not sure which Ga crimes Trump can be indicted and convicted on and also unsure of their penalties.  I certainly think conviction of one of them strikes more deeply at the heart of Trump's criminality.

I think Trump may well be fucked on obstruction of justice in the documents case.  That's a 20-year felony, but I intuit that the sentencing guidelines for it may dictate a substantially lower sentence than that.  But I think it is also the essence of Trump's criminality.

The 1/6 case for obstruction of an official proceeding, another 20 yearer,  may be the hardest to prove, depending on what Smith can beat out of Meadows, Pence, etc.  And that one definitely is central to Trump's criminality.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

state court prosecutors have taken tons of people to trial for every crime under the sun with much less conclusive evidence than that tape of Trump trying to coerce the Georgia Secretary of State to falsify the election results.

That is true enough.  But usually brown people and poors with bad lawyers that can't afford to appeal.  And, your common crimes, theft, burglary, assault, homicides, are fairly intent-free, or the intent may be inferred from the conduct.  I don't really have a handle on the elements of the potentially indictable crimes in Georgia.  A lot of these others are heavy on specific intent, and that can be dicey.

• Hook 'Em 1

Am I the only one that actually thinks Michael Cohen is and has been doing the right thing and is completely sincere in his actions?

I knew I was forgetting something.  So hard to keep them all straight.  Fucking insane how many criminal acts this man committed, whether he'll be indicted for them or not.

Yeah, I think he's seen the light and has come around.  

I agree with you on my personal evaluation of Cohen's credibility.  But there are so many things that he can be impeached on that it is just bound to create reasonable doubt (Geez, he seems like he's telling the truth, but he's confessed to so much other shit, and he repped Trump etc., what if he is lying?).

That's why I posted earlier that Peckerhead could be a key witness as to whether Trump knew of the payoff schemes and that they should be hidden and not outright payments.  And also that the concern was damage to him/his candidacy and campaign and not Melania.

Edited by TwiceHorn

14 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

DeSantis posted this on Twitter:

In a 1987 case, Puerto Rico v. Branstad,[3] the court overruled Dennison, and held that the governor of the asylum state has no discretion in performing his or her duty to extradite, whether that duty arises under the Extradition Clause of the Constitution or under the Extradition Act (18 U.S.C. § 3182), and that a federal court may enforce the governor's duty to return the fugitive to the demanding state.[4] There are only four grounds upon which the governor of the asylum state may deny another state's request for extradition:[5]

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In a 1987 case, Puerto Rico v. Branstad,[3] the court overruled Dennison, and held that the governor of the asylum state has no discretion in performing his or her duty to extradite, whether that duty arises under the Extradition Clause of the Constitution or under the Extradition Act (18 U.S.C. § 3182), and that a federal court may enforce the governor's duty to return the fugitive to the demanding state.[4] There are only four grounds upon which the governor of the asylum state may deny another state's request for extradition:[5]

So how does that play out? Marshals go scoop him up? Is DeSantis breaking the law?