A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

21 hours ago, Slacks said:

Prohibition has never worked. Yes, it was irrational and almost entirely racially motivated as the arrest records indicate.

Nixon was a better policymaker than Trump, but the War on Drugs "policy" was always bullshit.

The metaphor of war reflects how our society thinks and works. Like the war on terrorism, it's not directed at anything concrete. We use that war thing for too many things. War on Poverty. I think that war was at least well-intended and meant to generate war-like effort. Americans are literalists.

War on drugs. Okay, we're never to blame for anything, so it can't possibly be a demand problem. Evil doers are forcing our children into trying and falling addicted to drugs. It's just a single step from marijuana to heroin!

Who is it getting our kids and society addicted? Foreigners who were just sort of creating this stuff and didn't know what to do with it. So they came over here and essentially forced what was obviously a happy, content citizenry into the throes of drug use.

Okay, we know how to deal with foreigners! Their local lackeys are crooks! Yay enemies!

I think where Reagan made everything worse was that appeal to "get tough" as a solution to everything. Harsher sentencing will scare the will to profit out of these bad guys. An addict will think twice before injecting the heroin into his arm. Let's spend lots of money on the police!

In the mass shooting thread, someone posted an article about why an armed society like Switzerland is so generally happy. They. Invest. In. Mental. Healthcare.

Extend a hand or cuff a hand. We know what the Americans like to do.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The metaphor of war reflects how our society thinks and works. Like the war on terrorism, it's not directed at anything concrete. We use that war thing for too many things. War on Poverty. I think that war was at least well-intended and meant to generate war-like effort. Americans are literalists.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The feds asking state prosecutors to step aside while they have an ongoing prosecution (the Cohen case investigation) is not at all unusual. What is unusual is the feds recognizing that what happened was a crime, and not going after co-conspirator number one.  

Vance being asked to step aside while the feds investigate is not suspicious or unusual. The feds ignoring the follow up indictment of Trump when  Cohen was guilty is unusual….but not for a whore like Barr and the informal do not charge a sitting POTUS policy. 

On 3/29/2023 at 2:43 PM, YGIFS said:

100,000 dead from drag show?  Wow.  We should do something about that.  

I mean if that's just from drag shows, how many die at shows/movies/concerts/theaters overall?  Say 1 in 100 performances nationwide is a drag show, that means we're losing 10mm people overall just from the performing arts?  Somebody has got to put a stop to this.  Our entire population will be completely gone by the time "Top Gun Maverick: The Musical" is off Broadway.  

I think some people are misunderstanding what the word slay means when a drag queen is using it.

image.gif.388366cd08a7d7898dbae8122cd3f410.gifimage.gif.66ca8da13572667f7e680a6fd5072e1b.gifimage.gif.8229b647d7a31dbf005f771f7f056fa0.gifimage.gif.1a8d37089ea8861b65679cf4a240412e.gif\

None of those are referring to actually killing anyone.  Maybe this has all just been a slang misunderstanding after all?

• Haha 1

"Oh Mr. President, I couldn't possibly imagine you doing something illegal like that....."

"Well think harder Potato Head because I would absolutely do that! I was President so that means I have the right to steal what I want and then try to cover it up."

"Oh god moving on, quickly please"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Ivana Trump was the center of an FBI counterintelligence inquiry surrounding her ties to Czechoslovakia.

Yeah, I'm sure Ivana really fell down a flight of stairs.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fbi-releases-first-trove-of-its-top-secret-ivana-trump-docs/ar-AA199lSa

You know he's dumb enough to simply leave his fingerprints on shit. I doubt it was hard to determine whether or not he personally went through those files.

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Yeah, imagine telling your tax attorney...

"My K-1's are right there in that box marked K-1 documents"

Alina, "Sir, these are diagrams on what looks like some kinda missile launcher, tank thingy."

"Oh wait, those are blueprints for the K-1/M-1 interballistic missile system for some friends  of mine from overseas.  Try the other K-1 box." 

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, imagine telling your tax attorney...

"My K-1's are right there in that box marked K-1 documents"

Alina, "Sir, these are diagrams on what looks like some kinda missile launcher, tank thingy."

"Oh wait, those are blueprints for the K-1/M-1 interballistic missile system for some friends  of mine from overseas.  Try the other K-1 box." 

Alina: "Sir these are just poorly colored drawings of letters of the alphabet."

"Oh wait, those are Eric's K-1st grade homework. They're due on Thursday. Try the other K-1 box"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Alina: "Sir, this other K-1 box is a list of medical codes K-1 thru K-37 for all the procedures done to Guilfoyle's face this year.  And this other box of K-1's is labeled 1-K, and appears to contain nothing but 2.2 pounds of some kinda white powder with Junior's burner phone on top of it."  

-Alright, try the next one Alina.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If Forbes were to say something like "Jarod is much, much wealthier than his father-in-law"  Trump might stroke out. 

No, Trump might lash  out.  Trump will stroke out, if Jarod also reminds Trump that Ivanka now does anal in her middle age.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Please take the stand, Donald. There's a 1000% chance he'll self-incriminate himself on the stand and it won't take Lt Kaffee, Cecil O'Malley or Anthony Rodriguez to do it either.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Please take the stand, Donald. There's a 1000% chance he'll self-incriminate himself on the stand and it won't take Lt Kaffee, Cecil O'Malley or Anthony Rodriguez to do it either.

The "deep down, you want me on that Wall.  You need me on that Wall ......that Mexico paid for which I didn't build and instead gave all our country's money for it to Steve Bannon" lines just write themselves.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

"Oh Mr. President, I couldn't possibly imagine you doing something illegal like that....."

"Well think harder Potato Head because I would absolutely do that! I was President so that means I have the right to steal what I want and then try to cover it up."

"Oh god moving on, quickly please"

I hope he demands to get on the stand. 

“You wouldn’t do illegal stuff, would you?”

”I’d do all the illegal stuff! I get to do that!” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

You know he's dumb enough to simply leave his fingerprints on shit. I doubt it was hard to determine whether or not he personally went through those files.

Cross-posting, but this popped up this morning

FOX News is told multiple U.S. Secret Service agents connected to Former President Donald Trump have been subpoenaed & are expected to testify before the D.C. grand jury likely on Friday. The grand jury appearances are related to the Special Counsel Jack Smith probe into the handling of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1