A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Won’t they still be homeless?

Who cares if they're invisible?

All the cuts in that short video are interesting to me. I think it's more evidence that he's diminished. I suspect that he couldn't get very far without screwing up, so shot from two angles so they could cut together what he got right without having jump cuts from a single angle. The cuts don't really seem to serve any purpose other than that. The presentation would have been more effective in a continuous shot head-on.

Maybe he's all tired out from hoisting the Liberty Bell with someone else's hands then riding a motorcycle strumming a guitar. He's an active man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Yes, we can concentrate the homeless in their own camps. We can call them concentration camps for short. We'll even give them free showers.

Finally a solution to this problem! Build them near train tracks to keep it efficient. They can work on the camps, it will make them feel free.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

He looks like an even more fucked up version of that guitar guy rumbling along in the motorcade in "Mad Max: Fury Road"  somebody please mock up a meme!

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

So now we're up to 10 Freedom Cities and now 10 Tent Cities?  So that's 20 cities according to the Orange Godking's own maths.  

For an additional 3 easy payments of $99.95, we can add ten more cities of your choosing to our nation.  

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

He;s obviously full of shit and trying to seem like a Christian compassionate and he'd grift the fuck outta such a program.  But I'll give him this and fuck you Adler Acolytes.  At least he fucking said the important shit out loud.  Adler couldn't do that.  At least he said they need services more than they need hotels.  He wouldn't go through with it, but at least he said it.  Maybe Adler said it, I could never understand his feckless, whimper of a voice...he was usually choking on corruption cash.  

Anyway, usual Lobo rant.  Trump=Insane, Adler=Piece of Shit.  Film at 11.  Where's the Piss Popcorn?  

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Yes, we can concentrate the homeless in their own camps. We can call them concentration camps for short. We'll even give them free showers.

And, since Concentration Camp has such a bad connotation, lets disguise the name using a foreign language.

How about.

Konzentration Laager?

Sounds kinda cool doens't it?

And we can put an exhortation over the gate.

Work makes you free!!

Isn't 'the Tijuana Hole' what they call Melania in Manhattan? 

I would fucking love, love, love to see that pitchdeck or PPM from this deal.  

I wonder if Trump used to sit in with those guys when they drafted them and would give notes like, "Needs more Fantastics, Huges, and Greatnesses."  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'd like to give her 'too much' of my NFT.  9" Fucking Torque.  Or wait.  Dammit, I had something for this.  And her.  

I have a weird feeling my cousin is going to be telling me about these this weekend for my daughter's birthday.  "Why don't you invest in these for your daughter?  Great birthday gift, they're gonna up tremendously in value for her for college."  I can just fucking tell.  We avoided politics at Easter, but a new round of cards has her so excited.  

On 4/18/2023 at 2:24 PM, 4th&Five said:

I think a Biden version of this one could be pretty righteous.

On 4/18/2023 at 2:43 PM, tx 3 putt said:

His make-up is a little off in this one. Less orange and more leathery melanoma skin.

Don't forget to add "Past results are no indicating guarantee of future performance."

LP, "That makes sense.  I see it on very deal.  Could we see the track record?"

Cohen, "I mean, it's all out there.  Everybody knows it.  'The Apprentice', Trump Wine, the joint-venture golf courses, it's all there.  Tremendous returns."

LP, "No, I mean just his GP-LP development deals in CRE.  I mean, this is a ground-up pure 2/20 Trump Organization deal, right?  That's what the PPM says.  So what is the track record of just this entity?"

Cohen, "Well this is an SPV just for Tijuana for various international reasons and what have-you's."

LP, "Okay, I'll make it easy.  When it's not just a licensing deal.  When it's just your Trump Org. doing a ground-up development or even value-add existing...of which you've done several dozens...show me the track record just for those.  Pick any half dozen you want."

Cohen, "Well you see.  They're being audited right now."

On 4/18/2023 at 2:54 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

Pretty sure he’s got the @crash_davis vote sewn up.

Edit: I kid, I kid 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2023 at 2:24 PM, 4th&Five said:

I love that the patriotic artist of the most patriotic president since Lincoln fucked up the way the flag on the fender should be oriented.  I mean, innocent mistakes are made with both painting and flag law all the time.  But when the flag and Trump are the main aspects of your painting, get it the fuck right.  

Like Trump could actually play any type of G-chord with his baby hands.  

48 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Well, to be accurate, it's a big hole where the locals are probably burying bodies.

I bet you $50 and my Trump coin collection that one of the cartels has put a few bodies in there as a ploy.  One day, for shits 'n giggles, they're gonna leak a thank you to Trump Organization for digging out the hole so they could use it to hide bodies.  

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Don't feel like digging up the old Afghanistan thread about the withdrawal.

Trump released 5,000 Taliban and Al Qaeda prisoners that were able to rejoin the fight and did so without including the Afghan government in the negotiations. Meanwhile he pulled out all but 2,500 of our own regular soldiers.

But worst of all, he entered into “negotiations” with the Taliban from a position of weakness. He made no secret of the fact that he wanted to pull out. He may as well have said out loud, “We’re going to leave anyway, let’s negotiate!” The dude is seriously the worst deal maker in the world. They knew we were going to leave. He gave them a date of May 1, 2021. That’s where the negotiations ended. The Taliban were free to start planning their takeover of the country well in advance of our departure. They could make any empty promises to us that Trump wanted to hear. Their word isn’t worth shit.

So they made promises they had no intention of keeping while spreading word throughout the country that if the Afghan soldiers just surrendered when the time came then they wouldn’t be killed. In some cases they arranged payoffs. The total collapse of the government was already set before we started boarding the planes to leave. What few government forces did try to fight didn’t last long. We never did a good job of training an Afghan army and they never fared well against the Taliban without our air support.

Our own military had enough experience that they should’ve seen it coming but our entire Afghanistan adventure was plagued by wishful thinking and unwarranted optimism from the very start. Just like how we continuously tried to convince ourselves that we weren’t being totally played by the Pakistanis the whole time.

The person who deserves the most blame is George W. Bush. He started it and left a huge mess behind for his successors to try to clean up. He let bin Laden and Al Qaeda escape from Tora Bora, didn’t follow them into Pakistan, got distracted by Iraq and basically forgot about Afghanistan. Seven years later when Obama took over, the Taliban were back on the rise and the Afghani people were sick of us being there. The Karzai government was corrupt and ineffective and any hopes the people had of the Americans cleaning up their country had disappeared. Everything after Tora Bora was just a massive waste of time, treasure, and blood. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Trump released 5,000 Taliban and Al Qaeda prisoners that were able to rejoin the fight and did so without including the Afghan government in the negotiations. Meanwhile he pulled out all but 2,500 of our own regular soldiers.

But worst of all, he entered into “negotiations” with the Taliban from a position of weakness. He made no secret of the fact that he wanted to pull out. He may as well have said out loud, “We’re going to leave anyway, let’s negotiate!” The dude is seriously the worst deal maker in the world. They knew we were going to leave. He gave them a date of May 1, 2021. That’s where the negotiations ended. The Taliban were free to start planning their takeover of the country well in advance of our departure. They could make any empty promises to us that Trump wanted to hear. Their word isn’t worth shit.

So they made promises they had no intention of keeping while spreading word throughout the country that if the Afghan soldiers just surrendered when the time came then they wouldn’t be killed. In some cases they arranged payoffs. The total collapse of the government was already set before we started boarding the planes to leave. What few government forces did try to fight didn’t last long. We never did a good job of training an Afghan army and they never fared well against the Taliban without our air support.

Our own military had enough experience that they should’ve seen it coming but our entire Afghanistan adventure was plagued by wishful thinking and unwarranted optimism from the very start. Just like how we continuously tried to convince ourselves that we weren’t being totally played by the Pakistanis the whole time.

The person who deserves the most blame is George W. Bush. He started it and left a huge mess behind for his successors to try to clean up. He let bin Laden and Al Qaeda escape from Tora Bora, didn’t follow them into Pakistan, got distracted by Iraq and basically forgot about Afghanistan. Seven years later when Obama took over, the Taliban were back on the rise and the Afghani people were sick of us being there. The Karzai government was corrupt and ineffective and any hopes the people had of the Americans cleaning up their country had disappeared. Everything after Tora Bora was just a massive waste of time, treasure, and blood. 

The only part you missed was sending Pompeo to threaten the Afghans that we'd withdraw aid if they didn't comply with releasing those 5,000 prisoners. Otherwise, excellent summary.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bolverk said:

The only part you missed was sending Pompeo to threaten the Afghans that we'd withdraw aid if they didn't comply with releasing those 5,000 prisoners. Otherwise, excellent summary.

Well, we knew Pompeo was the one involved in the negotiations with the Taliban. We have to assume that leveraging the Afghan government by threatening to withhold funding was on Trump’s instructions. Nothing new for him there. This was the first I heard of that detail, not that it’s surprising. But I hadn’t watched the video yet and seeing “may have” twice in the quoted text, I wasn’t sure if that was fully vetted. I’m not sure how important the machinations for how they managed to release 5,000 prisoners is as important as the fact that they did it.

They signed the deal to leave in Feb. 2020 giving the Taliban well over a year to plan their takeover. 

31A0DD04-5523-414B-825E-A2369347D75C.png.15055b1a3bd94bea74ee9459085bde8f.png

79688F20-A34C-4BCA-8D63-F5456C22E9CE.thumb.png.2c6019d3198bacac0c045374768f6b83.png

• Rage+1 1