A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

7 hours ago, Red Five said:

And what's even more amazing is that Trump knew it was coming, and talked about it all through the 2020 election. "By golly he said a million times that if he loses it's because the election was rigged, and I'll be darned if that isn't exactly what happened!". 

Shit, he said that before the 2016 election, as well.

Has anyone ever been as remotely full of shit as Trump? I mean, drugged out Chinese getting taken down by small countries...the guy takes the art of bullshit to new levels on the daily.

Honestly I don't know why he even bothers with words at this point. He could just emit a series of grunts, whistles and clicks whenever questioned, and his cult would parrot those noises nonstop to own the libs and they'd love him even more for it. I fully believe this. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Has anyone ever been as remotely full of shit as Trump? I mean, drugged out Chinese getting taken down by small countries...the guy takes the art of bullshit to new levels on the daily.

Honestly I don't know why he even bothers with words at this point. He could just emit a series of grunts, whistles and clicks whenever questioned, and his cult would parrot those noises nonstop to own the libs and they'd love him even more for it. I fully believe this. 

He’s a used car salesman that was born very rich. He’s also incredibly dumb 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

This is basically the "class bonus" for fascists. Lying is what fuels their hate and their rhetoric and is what drives their radicalization pipeline. They lie instinctively, they lie over time, and they create conditions where even just pointing out their lies is considered a political attack (hi Blacklab) because there's such a long tail of their fuckery and their false claims of victimhood.

THAT is the shit that is slung by #bothsides fuckwits. It excuses these fascist tactics as just normal political operations. It intentionally misses the forest for the trees. 

If trump were to stop lying, he'd lose decades of stacked up bonus stats for his fascism specialization. Here's hoping his pocket judge has figured shit out since last time. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

The secret sauce to Trump's perpetual lying is that Trumpkins believe he's intentionally lying to the people he (and they) hate in order to cause them pain. Liberals. Minorities. Gays. Anyone who doesn't worship at the altar of Trump. They hear his lies and cream themselves while screaming "TAKE THAT, COMMIES!" Then they get together in their chat rooms or at an Applebee's and discuss the secret code Trump was transmitting during his last rally when he did the simulated jerk off 3 times with his right hand then 2 with his left before going back to his right for a crescendo during his ritualistic YMCA performance.

Confront them directly with evidence of his lies--the easiest task on earth--and they react like a 4 year old. "Nuh-uh. Didn't happen." I'm actually thankful for Trump exposing the useless people I used to socialize with on a casual basis. Cutting those people from my life and not having a second thought about it was one of the easiest, most liberating experiences ever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This is basically the "class bonus" for fascists. Lying is what fuels their hate and their rhetoric and is what drives their radicalization pipeline. They lie instinctively, they lie over time, and they create conditions where even just pointing out their lies is considered a political attack (hi Blacklab) because there's such a long tail of their fuckery and their false claims of victimhood.

THAT is the shit that is slung by #bothsides fuckwits. It excuses these fascist tactics as just normal political operations. It intentionally misses the forest for the trees. 

If trump were to stop lying, he'd lose decades of stacked up bonus stats for his fascism specialization. Here's hoping his pocket judge has figured shit out since last time. 

It really seems like there's no going back to the good old days where the vast majority of the country could agree on basic indisputable facts and reality. Deep fakes will soon be making media and the political landscape a true hellscape. My only hope is that a lot of the right wing's young future voters reject the hate, lies, snowflakery and willful ignorance their wacked out parents try to pass on to them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

It really seems like there's no going back to the good old days where the vast majority of the country could agree on basic indisputable facts and reality. Deep fakes will soon be making media and the political landscape a true hellscape. My only hope is that a lot of the right wing's young future voters reject the hate, lies, snowflakery and willful ignorance their wacked out parents try to pass on to them. 

The thing is, it's really not that hard to separate the wheat from the chaff if you're a critical thinker. It's just that conservatives have a brain that runs on FEAR, so they jump past thinking and straight to reacting whenever they read something upsetting.

The target audience for these lies does not evaluate truth or accuracy before they react. That is the problem. That's how trump's "people are saying" rhetoric can lead a third of a country to believe that the election was stolen. 

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

The thing is, it's really not that hard to separate the wheat from the chaff if you're a critical thinker. It's just that conservatives have a brain that runs on FEAR, so they jump past thinking and straight to reacting whenever they read something upsetting.

The target audience for these lies does not evaluate truth or accuracy before they react. That is the problem. That's how trump's "people are saying" rhetoric can lead a third of a country to believe that the election was stolen. 

i tell any one who starts up with the  “I never listen to the lame-stream  or mainstream media” bullshit this quick speech:  

“ You do realize you just said that you are not smart enough to figure out who has an agenda or who has a bias when you look at news or read printed material, don’t you? You’re essentially saying you’re not smart enough to figure things out - so you have to ask other smarter people on the conservative side to hopefully tell you the facts - and more importantly to tell you how to interpret those facts and what conclusions to draw from them. You are essentially saying that you can’t critically think yourself - so you self-ignore facts that might give you a broader perspective   I’m really sorry about that. “

• Hook 'Em 5

12 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Fuck every single news organization. 8 years of this shit, and it took Bret Baier and Fox fucking News to come to a debate/interview well prepared and unwilling to let that dumbass pivot and ramble.

I guess you could argue that Trump would never accept a 1 on 1 interview with heavy hitters from other networks, whoever the fuck those are.

This wasn't his first hard interview. The just don't have any impact beyond people willing to hear what is going on.

Nine toughest interviews of Trump according to Washington Post

They include Chris Wallace, Jake Tapper getting into KKK, George Stephanopoulos, and Bob Woodward. Leslie Stahl made him cry and flee to room. I recall a foreign interviewer handing Trump papers proving he was lying.

ETA Thanks @GhostOfTomJoad, that's the one.

https://youtu.be/NmrEfQG6pIg

This shit doesn't stick with the people who should be swayed because they see him fucking with the fake news guys and the libs.

Idiot World is the problem not interviewing.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

i tell any one who starts up with the  “I never listen to the lame-stream  or mainstream media” bullshit this quick speech:  

“ You do realize you just said that you are not smart enough to figure out who has an agenda or who has a bias when you look at news or read printed material, don’t you? You’re essentially saying you’re not smart enough to figure things out - so you have to ask other smarter people on the conservative side to hopefully tell you the facts - and more importantly to tell you how to interpret those facts and what conclusions to draw from them. You are essentially saying that you can’t critically think yourself - so you self-ignore facts that might give you a broader perspective   I’m really sorry about that. “

That's actually brilliant.  And true.

Edit to add:  I have this type of conversation often, when I am accused of listening to MSNBC or some shit.  And, I say, no, I have dug up the source documents and figured it out for myself, e.g. I read the Durham Report, etc.  But I have not had the clarity to say:  you just admitted you aren't capable of figuring it out for yourself, which is pretty much exactly what I do.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Have any of yalls trumper friends or family abandoned him yet?

Lots of "I absolutely do not approve of his behavior on January 6th and I don't approve of his behavior in general but I will definitely be voting for him in 2024". So no, no one I know. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

brian-cox-laughing-at-you.gif

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

We REALLY need a lot of people to be like this

But if it isn't Trump, it's DeSantis and they will vote and he's just as, if not more, dangerous. What we really need is for people to figure out that the Republican party in its current state hold values that are anti-democracy and downright evil towards entire segments of our society.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, royiv said:

But if it isn't Trump, it's DeSantis and they will vote and he's just as, if not more, dangerous. What we really need is for people to figure out that the Republican party in its current state hold values that are anti-democracy and downright evil towards entire segments of our society.

Agree, but I'd rather go against dotard than DeSantis for that very reason.  It's fucking horrifying that our best chance is to have him be the nominee.  I don't want to see it again, but I feel it is the best option.  Because we are in a hellish simulation.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, Trump is a narcissist, megalomaniac, moron that just happens to express as a fascist.

DeSantis is a real live fascist.

He scary.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

It's really not the best option, though.  I won't vote for Desantis, either, but he's not as dangerous as Trump.  He might be more effective at details of policy and getting specific things done, but he's not as ambitious in his lunacy as Trump.  Trump is the one who will ignore term limits and try to be an actual dictator. 

Tough call.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

44 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Agree, but I'd rather go against dotard than DeSantis for that very reason.  It's fucking horrifying that our best chance is to have him be the nominee.  I don't want to see it again, but I feel it is the best option.  Because we are in a hellish simulation.  

It's like the scene in The Deer Hunter where Walken and DeNiro are forced to play Russian Roulette, there is no good option there. Just hope we can luck out again, and Joe can repeat.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

It's really not the best option, though.  I won't vote for Desantis, either, but he's not as dangerous as Trump.  He might be more effective at details of policy and getting specific things done, but he's not as ambitious in his lunacy as Trump.  Trump is the one who will ignore term limits and try to be an actual dictator. 

I'm saying that dotard has a better chance to lose than DeSantis, so we are better off having him as the nominee.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yes.  Has someone asked Trump yet if he understands that he only gets one term if he wins?   Because (1) I am not sure he knows that, and (2) I think he would stammer as badly as he did in that Baier interview when the simple answer is “Of course.”

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm saying that dotard has a better chance to lose than DeSantis, so we are better off having him as the nominee.

It’s a really interesting pro forma thought process. 

There are definitely large swaths of Republicans that won’t vote for Trump but would vote for anyone else with an R by their name.  

But there are also a ton of Trump supporters that were election no shows before Trump was the nominee that might go back to their holler and sit it out if he isn’t the nominee in 2024. 

I don’t know which group is bigger.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

It’s a really interesting pro forma thought process. 

There are definitely large swaths of Republicans that won’t vote for Trump but would vote for anyone else with an R by their name.  

But there are also a ton of Trump supporters that were election no shows before Trump was the nominee that might go back to their holler and sit it out if he isn’t the nominee in 2024. 

I don’t know which group is bigger.  

yeah, it's a nightmare

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

That’s why he’s more dangerous. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why are we even talking about DeSantis though?  He's down like 30 points.  It's going to be dotard in a landslide for the nomination.  It's not close.

This. And Trump will fucking go scorched earth on him if he’s the nominee somehow. It’s Trump or no one 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

But the policy things he gets done will be on a much smaller scale than “I’m President for life and my word is law because the Constitution doesn’t matter anymore and 40% of the country plus the highest ranking government officials will support anything I do.”  

We’re way beyond stuff like Don’t Say Gay and sniping at Disney if Trump gets power again.  Desantis is an asshole trying to appeal to bad people, but he isn’t deranged enough or as worshipped of a cult figure to try the really crazy shit Trump will attempt.

No. He just rams through policy shit through the courts that disband the federal govt bit by bit, give all power to the states, find ways to not enact election laws. Remember, trump wanted to be president, but he didn’t want to govern. It’s why he only cut taxes and got into a pissing match with China and fucked over illegals. That’s it. 

Desantis wants to actually get shit done, none of it good, and he’s probably smart enough to find ways to do most of it. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

It’s Trump trying to take a great big ax to the Republic vs DeSantis with thousands of effective little cuts.  Both end up trying to kill it (with a nonzero chance of success)

Edited by Jatrain
  • Rage+1 1