A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

7 hours ago, Pancho said:

Or post-reply to practically everyone in a thread as if they are having a 1-on-1 convo with each poster in a thread. 

I have no idea what the fuck is going in this thread these last few pages, but it does remind me of a topic I was thinking of writing about in grad school.  I've always wondered how message boards influence a person psychologically as it relates to a person's social need for friendships/relationships.  Sometimes I wonder if some posters feel as if they are so part of a message board community that the message board and the people who post on it are now a substitute for an actual, real-life social relationship with others.  I've always advocated for a break for boards like this for this very reason.  I've personally taken breaks whether they be a few days, a week or so, or even a month.  I would advocate that a few posters also need to take a sabbatical from this site for a social reset.  Maybe that's what is happening the last page or so in this thread...

Breaks are great, especially when getting all ragey with invisible people with fake names and personas. Some peeps double down on trolling, and I hate taking the bait. But I enjoy reading some posts and understanding the major points and sometimes learning stuff.  

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

The majority of us who post here are former Republicans...  

Nailed it, but some of us started heading for the exits during the Bush admin.  Trump just expedited the exodus by galvanizing the stupid.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This might get lost in the shuffle. I’m not sure where else to post it. Olivia Troye, the former Pence aide who made news this week telling us about how the racist Stephen Miller obstructed the visa program for our Afghan allies, did an interview with Frontline back on January 15. It covers a lot of territory, from the Jan. 6 insurrection to Afghanistan and beyond. If you’ve got an hour to kill then you should check it out. There’s a lot to digest.

Slight correction. She doesn’t actually discuss Afghanistan in that interview. I got confused because I saw her discussing it in other interviews recently. Like this one:

• Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

too little, too late

the anti vaxx crowd is dug in. Give them liberty or death 

Death seems so dire when there's a peaceful alternative.  Unless they're a death cult, that's not just against vaccines, but also religious freedom, universal healthcare, climate change and gun control.        

Edited by Mdhorn

4 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Death seems so dire when there's a peaceful alternative.  Unless they're a death cult, that's not just against vaccines, but also religious freedom, universal healthcare, climate change and gun control.        

They died to own the libs.

Anyone that is that ridiculously stupid, it’s better off for everyone that they’re gone and dead. Net negatives and a drain to society. Contributing little if anything. Taking much. Harming much. Fucking up and fucking with everyone they know and come in contact with. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump is exhibit A. Think how much better the world would be right now if that fuckstick never existed.

But his followers already existed and they rallied around him.  Now we at least know who they are--they're family, friends, schoolmates, fellow employers/employees.  While it blows to see them and their numbers, I am glad that they don't feel the need to hide now. It has to be dealt with or the future becomes real obvious.

Edited by Mdhorn

Trump made it ok to openly be a

1. rascist 

2. chauvinist

3. extremely ignortant 

4. all around horrible person 

that crowd has ran with but they’ve out grown Trump. The next trump will be much smarter and much more quicker to use his office to tie things up in his favor. On the plus side, that base is quickly shrinking and being replaced by non whites and/or dying of covid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Trump made it ok to openly be a

1. rascist 

2. chauvinist

3. extremely ignortant 

4. all around horrible person 

that crowd has ran with but they’ve out grown Trump. The next trump will be much smarter and much more quicker to use his office to tie things up in his favor. On the plus side, that base is quickly shrinking and being replaced by non whites and/or dying of covid. 

Ron DeSantis desperately wants to be that man. 

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Lindell claims he's hiding a Pro-Trump Colorado election official from the FBI in a secret location.  I'm no lawyer, but isn't harboring a fugitive illegal?

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-lindell-hiding-a-pro-trump-election-official-safe-house-2021-8

i wish GIF

Imagine the FBI picking up Lindell for harboring a fugitive.  He would be arrested and would not have access to....things that he may rely on in his daily life.

true romance smile GIF

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Yep.  That Yale and Harvard grad needs to work a lot harder at being one of the people he's trying to draw in.  Occasionally he lets the charade slip (not often though).

As much as we may rage about him wanting to be the next Trump, unlike Trump, DeSantis is very smart, and knows exactly what he's doing.  A lot of times Trump was stumbling his way through things and relying on the people around him to cover for him, in exchange for supporting their agendas.

Trump was after the grift.  I don't think DeSantis is after the grift.

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He’ll have to go right of trump to get that maga base and that base isn’t nearly big enough to win an election. He needs the middle and the further right he goes, the more he’ll alienate them 

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

He’ll have to go right of trump to get that maga base and that base isn’t nearly big enough to win an election. He needs the middle and the further right he goes, the more he’ll alienate them 

He'a also still in the US Naval Reserve, so he's in the Deep State!

He's a smart guy, so I really don't see how he can continue to act like he does, without risking the middle.

People don't want MAGA, and Delta is reminding them of that.

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

He just needs to find an evangelical to run as his VP like Mike Pence did for Trump. 

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

More middle female, get those suburban votes back 

Need an evangelical on the ticket. And Nikki Haley isn’t an evangelical and will probably be competing for the nomination.

Sarah Palin might be available, though. John McCain wanted Joe Lieberman on his ticket but he recognized that you can’t compete as a Republican without appealing to the evangelicals. Trump didn’t choose Mike Pence as his running mate because he was qualified and respected.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Need an evangelical on the ticket. And Nikki Haley isn’t an evangelical and will probably be competing for the nomination.

Sarah Palin might be available, though. John McCain wanted Joe Lieberman on his ticket but he recognized that you can’t compete as a Republican without appealing to the evangelicals. Trump didn’t choose Mike Pence as his running mate because he was qualified and respected.

I could see Noem filling that role. I think she's the evangelical type.

9 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

But his followers already existed and they rallied around him.  Now we at least know who they are--they're family, friends, schoolmates, fellow employers/employees.  While it blows to see them and their numbers, I am glad that they don't feel the need to hide now. It has to be dealt with or the future becomes real obvious.

Well, they existed, but quietly and ineffectually.  He really unleashed something that appears to be dangerous.

10 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Lindell claims he's hiding a Pro-Trump Colorado election official from the FBI in a secret location.  I'm no lawyer, but isn't harboring a fugitive illegal?

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-lindell-hiding-a-pro-trump-election-official-safe-house-2021-8

Following up on this, more from the every accusation is a confession department. https://coloradosun.com/2021/08/11/mesa-county-voting-littwin-opinion/

It should come to no one’s surprise that the big voting-machine scandal in Colorado comes from Mesa County, where Tina Peters, the county clerk, is a Trump truther who believes the 2020 election was rigged. 

The scandal is serious. Somehow passwords from Mesa County’s Dominion voting machines wound up on Gateway Pundit, a far-right-wing website. And even worse, Gateway apparently got the passwords from a certain Ron Watkins, who, according to a recent HBO documentary, may have been the original Q of the QAnon crazies

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, they existed, but quietly and ineffectually.  He really unleashed something that appears to be dangerous.

He’s a tyrant. But what does it say about a nation that rallies behind a failed tv host that perpetually lies? They’re not even good lies, just stupid bullshit. And he’s been busted stealing from fake charities. Just the lowest. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

He’s a tyrant. But what does it say about a nation that rallies behind a failed tv host that perpetually lies? They’re not even good lies, just stupid bullshit. And he’s been busted stealing from fake charities. Just the lowest. 

That we are largely a moronic country with fucked up values. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

"Mr. Trump, we should stress test the sample walls to see how they'll hold up in a severe flood."

"You're a government bureaucrat, I'm a successful businessman.  You don't see the cost benefit that I do.  We need to put up as much wall as we can, as fast as possible"

"But sir, thousands of miles of the wall will be built along rivers."

"You're not getting it!  With my wall...we will no longer NEED THE RIVER!" 

17 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

About that design-- I am not an expert in the use of jacks, wedges, levers, and other such tools... but I bet I know as much as the person who designed those gates and hinges. Unless they were designing them for ease of disassembly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

About that design-- I am not an expert in the use of jacks, wedges, levers, and other such tools... but I bet I know as much as the person who designed those gates and hinges. Unless they were designing them for ease of disassembly.

Wait until one of those panels falls off and injures somebody.  Someone gonna get sued.

19 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Serious question: how (much more) hammered can you get on board a plane for Vegas versus the rest of the country?  Can you show up for a 5am flight after gambling and drinking till 4am and still get on (assuming you're not acting a fool)?

yes. just keep your mouth shut, try some mints, and shuffle on the plane. they'll wake you when you land.

so i've been told.

but the key is to get on the fucking plane. otherwise...mccarran is a wretched place to spend any real time.

• Hook 'Em 4

I know the day might still come, but I've never been turned away from a flight for being intoxicated and I have gotten on planes absolutely walking black-out shitfaced drunk.  As long as you can demonstrate that you'll be quiet and you are capable of sitting in a chair in the sky, they'll let you on.  There was a time at O'Hare where I somehow got to the airport, blacked out, and woke up during final approach to ABIA with no idea what happened, substantial receipts from two different airport bars in my jacket pocket, all my cash gone, and two little wine bottles in the seat pocket in front of me.  And I was already uncontrollably drunk from lunch with old friends earlier that day.  American Airlines thought it necessary to keep selling me booze apparently.  

Although an asshole on this site, I'm actually quite polite in real life and if they start looking at you sideways at the gate or when you're boarding...just be nice, including to your fellow passengers (which is often a giveaway---any drunk can recognize not to mouth off at someone in Southwest uniforms but they forget to also not knock off to fellow travelers).   

It also helps that gay men, older women, and women of color...love me and always have /noracist.  And a lot of gate agents (who make the call oftentimes on drunk passengers) usually fall into one of those categories and so being nice to them and those around me has probably gotten me onto some flights that should have had me calling my wife in shame, "I got kicked off and have to spend the night in Fort Lauderdale"."  Because once on the plane, I have definitely been looked up and down by more than one pilot or 30-something taking-no-bullshit white flight attendant...but on those flights, I sit down quietly, do work/read, and don't ask for anything from the drink cart.  

6 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

It's not just rallying behind them.  Thanks to him, we have shitbags like MTG and Boobert and Mike Lindell and a whole host of characters that had no influence or recognition.

And he weaponized people like Abbott, Cotton, Cruz, Hawley, and Mo Brooks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep.  Harvard/Yale law grads don't randomly join the Navy/JAG for shits and giggles.  Dude has been carefully building his resume and contact list from the moment he graduated.

Most of the time when you see JAG service from elite law schools, it's how they paid for it.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement