A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

21 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Serious question: how (much more) hammered can you get on board a plane for Vegas versus the rest of the country?  Can you show up for a 5am flight after gambling and drinking till 4am and still get on (assuming you're not acting a fool)?

This was answered well above.  Do NOT miss your flight out of vegas.  Once you’ve worn out your welcome (48 hrs for me) your body will rebel in the worst ways if you don’t get the fuck out.  I made it.  Barely.  

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

I once threw up in a potted plant there while on a 4-hour wait for a plane.

I’ve come back in a wheelchair 3-4x in trips to Vegas/Miami.  A couple of those times landed me in an ICU.  I have issues - the key is knowing you have these issues.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Haha 1

Prior to 9/11 a buddy and I boarded a flight back home from vegas with bottle of vodka in the carry on that we were not ready to dispense with quite yet.  We were poor college students and were not going to leave a soldier behind. Already pretty plowed when we got to the airport and figured to keep the party rolling once we got up in the air. We had gotten pretty hammered in David Copperfields MGM penthouse suite the night before.  No homo, DC had left town after the show and we had an in with one of the stage hands that they planted in the audience to make the magic happen, so partied with the crew in the suite that night. First pass of the flight attendants and got our set ups. Made some drinks in the back of the plane and then started makes friends. Think they caught on after the ask for a 3rd setup. We were totally shit faced and should be on a no fly list as a result. Look on my buddy's girlfriend's face, picking him up at the airport as we rode down the escalator, yeah thats something I won't forget.  

Edited by Anastasis
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I blacked out once walking from my fist class seat to the bathroom and woke up with the flight attendants giving me oxygen.  What do I win?

If I had been in coach I think it might have ended differently.

I blacked out once at an airport bar in Heathrow. Woke up in airplane seat halfway over the Atlantic. No memory of boarding the plane or the first several hours of the flight. Was getting some concerned looks from my neighbors when I came to.

Back in the 80s a friend and I were staggering out of baggage claim in Vegas, swigging on a bottle of whiskey after a three stop flight from Austin..  Two lady attendants at the exit, one looked disgustedly at us and muttered "Typical drunk Texans".  No idea how she guessed that, but I politely said "You sound like you are from New York".  She rather loudly sneered "I'm from New Jersey".  I instinctively raised a clenched right fist with my left hand clamped on my right bicep and politely said "Same thing, upper U.S."  Her friend choked laughing and we kept on walking.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Most of the time when you see JAG service from elite law schools, it's how they paid for it.

He was active duty for 6 years (which should have paid for school), and he's been in the Reserve for the last 15 years.  

He's still in, and oddly enough is only a Lt. Commander - I would have figured he started out as an O-3 and would have been an 0-5 by now.

23 hours ago, Homercles said:

Watching this cat fight 

image.gif.c80e511e99b587eba75a73ae0c58d45d.gif

On a side note…I saw The Matrix at an early release in the osu student Union.  I was obsessed and traded some weed for a pirated DVD copy of it while it was still in theaters.  The guys running the pre release gave us all huge posters of the classic Neo pose, and I wish I had kept it…seen some people asking $150+ for those.  

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Look on my buddy's girlfriend's face, picking him up at the airport as we rode down the escalator, yeah thats something I won't forget.  

If there was anything you won’t forget during that episode you were doing it wrong.  Also, still hurting here.  Tomorrow will be fun.  

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Prior to 9/11 a buddy and I boarded a flight back home from vegas with bottle of vodka in the carry on that we were not ready to dispense with quite yet.  We were poor college students and were not going to leave a soldier behind. Already pretty plowed when we got to the airport and figured to keep the party rolling once we got up in the air. We had gotten pretty hammered in David Copperfields MGM penthouse suite the night before.  No homo, DC had left town after the show and we had an in with one of the stage hands that they planted in the audience to make the magic happen, so partied with the crew in the suite that night. First pass of the flight attendants and got our set ups. Made some drinks in the back of the plane and then started makes friends. Think they caught on after the ask for a 3rd setup. We were totally shit faced and should be on a no fly list as a result. Look on my buddy's girlfriend's face, picking him up at the airport as we rode down the escalator, yeah thats something I won't forget.  

555.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Foosters said:

I blacked out once at an airport bar in Heathrow. Woke up in airplane seat halfway over the Atlantic. No memory of boarding the plane or the first several hours of the flight. Was getting some concerned looks from my neighbors when I came to.

Wouldn’t you guys have pissed yourselves a few hours into the blackout if you’re that drunk?

12 hours ago, Homercles said:

On a side note…I saw The Matrix at an early release in the osu student Union.  I was obsessed and traded some weed for a pirated DVD copy of it while it was still in theaters.  The guys running the pre release gave us all huge posters of the classic Neo pose, and I wish I had kept it…seen some people asking $150+ for those.  

The gayest action film in history. 😍

33 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

The gayest action film in history. 😍

You’re thinking of the sequel. There was a mass orgy quality to the rave scene at Zion that I suppose you might describe as “gay” or at least sexually ambiguous.

But let’s suppose every character in the Matrix was gay. How would that be a problem? It was a great movie. Are you using “gay” as a generic put-down? The biggest weakness of the film, imo, was how Neo actually died but then his love for Trinity, and vice versa, (totally heterosexual,) allowed him to be brought back to life. That was dumb. He should’ve healed himself the way Dennis Quaid did in Dreamscape before he destroyed Agent Smith.

What do you mean, exactly, when you call it the “gayest action film in history?”

Edited by WhatTheBuck

16 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

yes. just keep your mouth shut, try some mints, and shuffle on the plane. they'll wake you when you land.

so i've been told.

but the key is to get on the fucking plane. otherwise...mccarran is a wretched place to spend any real time.

Amex Centurion Lounge ftw.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You’re thinking of the sequel. There was a mass orgy quality to the rave scene at Zion that I suppose you might describe as “gay” or at least sexually ambiguous.

But let’s suppose every character in the Matrix was gay. How would that be a problem? It was a great movie. Are you using “gay” as a generic put-down? The biggest weakness of the film, imo, was how Neo actually died but then his love for Trinity, and vice versa, (totally heterosexual,) allowed him to be brought back to life. That was dumb. He should’ve healed himself the way Dennis Quaid did in Dreamscape before he destroyed Agent Smith.

What do you mean, exactly, when you call it the “gayest action film in history?”

Check the poster man.  Trauma is gay.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Whoa, you are weirdly aggressively defensive towards a comment that ended with a heart-eyes emoji.

Maybe gayest isn't the right word, but I don't like the way "queerist" reads. Most queer? 

http://www.vox.com/platform/amp/culture/2019/3/30/18286436/the-matrix-wachowskis-trans-experience-redpill

http://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-53692435.amp

But I mean, I'll fight about it if you want to? 🤷‍♀️

Edited by trauma babe
Links
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You can be pretty goddamn exhausting, dude.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

usually, it is the recruiting or coaching search threads that i drop in to for the amusement derived from trying to guess what random ass argument is going to be raging in the thread's current zeitgeist.

this is a new one.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Whoa, you are weirdly aggressively defensive towards a comment that ended with a heart-eyes emoji.

Maybe gayest isn't the right word, but I don't like the way "queerist" reads. Most queer? 

http://www.vox.com/platform/amp/culture/2019/3/30/18286436/the-matrix-wachowskis-trans-experience-redpill

http://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-53692435.amp

But I mean, I'll fight about it if you want to? 🤷‍♀️

I’ve seen comments saying you’re lesbian. I don’t know and I don’t care and I can’t keep track of everyone’s sexual orientation and identity and it really doesn’t matter to me. The great thing about communicating on a message board is that we can focus on ideas and not on who or what any of us are, for the most part, although as a Buckeye on a Longhorn board I do suffer from some discrimination and prejudice. And I admit that if I heard many of you speak in your southern accents then I might interpret your thoughts less respectfully. I have my biases too.

But calling the Matrix gay just seems weird. There’s nothing gay about it. It’s a good movie. And it would be even if it was gay, which it’s not. And just because the Wachowski brothers became the Wachowski sisters doesn’t mean anything. I don’t care about that and it’s none of my business. What insults me is that the sequels totally sucked. That really offends me. They ripped off the story for the first film and when it came time to write the sequels, they weren’t up to the task. Sexual orientation or identity had nothing to do with it. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’ve seen comments saying you’re lesbian. I don’t know and I don’t care and I can’t keep track of everyone’s sexual orientation and identity and it really doesn’t matter to me. The great thing about communicating on a message board is that we can focus on ideas and not on who or what any of us are, for the most part, although as a Buckeye on a Longhorn board I do suffer from some discrimination and prejudice. And I admit that if I heard many of you speak in your southern accents then I might interpret your thoughts less respectfully. I have my biases too.

But calling the Matrix gay just seems weird. There’s nothing gay about it. It’s a good movie. And it would be even if it was gay, which it’s not. And just because the Wachowski brothers became the Wachowski sisters doesn’t mean anything. I don’t care about that and it’s none of my business. What insults me is that the sequels totally sucked. That really offends me. They ripped off the story for the first film and when it came time to write the sequels, they weren’t up to the task. Sexual orientation or identity had nothing to do with it. 

Lighten the fuck up.

• Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

STAHP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This repeated debate over the Matrix being a faggy movie has given me deja vu.  Over and over again.  Like the time I saw a pussy go down the hall.  And then did it again.

Must be a gash.  I mean a glitch in the Matriarch.  I mean Matrixarc. 

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

image.thumb.png.cce2920a49c10cb7bd56884e70a304d6.png

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

giphy.gif

Okay. Back to Trump and Co.

In keeping with the down on the farm/horse drench theme, retired (due to fraud)  attorney Eric Deters is hosting a "Freedom Fest" rally at his farm in Kentucky south of Covington on September 11. Kimberly Guilfoyle and Tomi Lahren are set to speak. Neither will need microphones. No word on Trump attending as of yet. Michael Flynn will be at a separate rally in western Kentucky on the same day, along with the My Pillow guy and Lin Wood.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/23/eric-deters-freedom-fest-northern-kentucky-donald-trump-supporters-kimberly-guilfoyle-tomi-lahren/8239613002/

17 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

giphy.gif

Okay. Back to Trump and Co.

In keeping with the down on the farm/horse drench theme, retired (due to fraud)  attorney Eric Deters is hosting a "Freedom Fest" rally at his farm in Kentucky south of Covington on September 11. Kimberly Guilfoyle and Tomi Lahren are set to speak. Neither will need microphones. No word on Trump attending as of yet. Michael Flynn will be at a separate rally in western Kentucky on the same day, along with the My Pillow guy and Lin Wood.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/23/eric-deters-freedom-fest-northern-kentucky-donald-trump-supporters-kimberly-guilfoyle-tomi-lahren/8239613002/

JTFC.

4 minutes ago, Walser said:

JTFC.

What? He's been on a tear lately with I don't know what , so I was waiting for it to wind down so we could return to the topic of the thread. If y'all want to continue discussing a movie, I'll come back later then.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

7 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

What? He's been on a tear lately with I don't know what , so I was waiting for it to wind down so we could return to the topic of the thread. If y'all want to continue discussing a movie, I'll come back later then.

Nah dawg. I'm just commenting on the pathetic Trump sycophants trying to continue the pathetic grift. I'm tired of that movie.

Edited by Walser
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

This repeated debate over the Matrix being a faggy movie has given me deja vu.  Over and over again.  Like the time I saw a pussy go down the hall.  And then did it again.

Must be a gash.  I mean a glitch in the Matriarch.  I mean Matrixarc. 

You know how you don't like it when people say retard, even in jest?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Walser said:

Nah dawg. I'm just commenting on the pathetic sycophants trying to continue the pathetic grift. I'm tired of this movie.

All good. I normally don't care if a poster wants to wax poetic on off topic subjects that mean something to them and I certainly do it, but folks sometimes do get a little heated or perhaps surly with each other and that's kinda sad.

The last two years have a lot of people sharing your sentiment and you'd think that the grift would be obvious to everyone, but I guess there really area lot of people who wanna believe.

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement