A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

It's not a big deal.

It's too bad more people don't think everything the loser does isn't a big deal because he's a fucking loser.  Instead, the fucking reality tv morons who make up the bulk of this uneducated country make a big deal out of everything he does.

We voted for Biden so we didn't have to deal with this fucker and you people can't leave it alone.    

MwlpKw.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
57 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:
I think I see your point, but it’s not really about trump. It’s about his cult. And they are a cult. They are the only ones trumpeting his every move now, to use your phrase. 

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled blah blah blah. Yet he isn’t the devil. His minions are. If we want to end this madness, we crush them. We won’t, because americans and especially Dems are too nice. But from a logical and existential standpoint, they need to be crushed to move forward. 

I think it worse than that. Some of the Trumpers have jumped off that ship, hes just too gauche. But they will vote DeSantis, Abbot, a piece of literal shit in 24. About half the electorate will vote R, many against their own interests no matter what. Why? because they consume garbage information. And they feel we do so equally regardless of facts. They revel in it.

Ok right. So how do we fight that?  The royal We. You know, the editorial. 

6 hours ago, Satchel said:
KEY POINTS
  • A federal judge rejected former President Donald Trump’s attempt to block a bipartisan House select committee from obtaining White House records as part of its investigation of the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol invasion.
  • Trump had sued to block the select committee’s request for the archivist of the United States to hand over reams of White House records from Trump’s term in office.
  • Judge Tanya Chutkan said she agreed with the select committee’s argument that, in disputes about executive privilege, the current president’s stance matters more than that of his or her predecessor.
  • The order came one day after the judge shot down an emergency bid by Trump’s lawyer to stop the National Archives from sending documents

And now he'll appeal it for another two years...big fucking deal.  

7 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Doesn't he have to ask the District Court for a stay pending appeal first (which it would have denied)?  I don't think he can just seek a stay from the appellate court.  Of course, he filed a motion for a stay pending appeal last night, but that was before there was a decision, so the motion was denied.  But I think he would have to properly file that motion before the District Court before he could seek a stay from the Circuit Court.  All that said, trump never faces consequences for anything, and nothing the court does would shock me at this point.

Yes, you are correct.  The opinion mentions the district court entertaining a stay/injunction pending appeal.

7 hours ago, Born to Run said:
8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:
The opinion.  https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21101238/11-9-21-trump-v-thompson-opinion.pdf
Trump has already filed a notice of appeal to the DC Circuit.  There he will ask for a preliminary injunction and I am not sure what the DC Circuit will do with it.  I'm pretty confident they'll ultimately rule against him, but they may enjoin release until they do rule.

If I haven't said so, thank you for all the work you do. You are fair, honest, and patient. And that is important and noticed. The legal explanations are honest and fair and humble when you knowingly drift beyond your expertise. You are a smart fucker.

Ok. Found a @TwiceHorn sock…

9 hours ago, tantric superman said:

We don't have to obsess about him.  Those 95% want you to obsess about loser Trump.  They get their power from it.  You let the law deal with Trump and don't trumpet his every move,they lose power, because without you and the press focusing on Trump, they got nothing to hold on to except their stupid ideas.  The lose their figurehead, they've got nothing. 

Trump is 25% Republican obsession, and 75% media and liberal obsession.

Sure, no issues with following up on his prosecution.  But tell your wife about it.  Don't tweet it and don't add to the circus.  And limit it to this thread. 

You think the law is going to deal with Trump? Boy do I have some bad news for you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Shifting blame from Trump’s actions to the people who are demanding accountability because they apparently need constant drama is a weird take.

That's not the take.  The take is to stop dramatizing what he's doing.  State the news but don't wallow in it.  We need to focus on the people who actually hold office and stop overfeeding the Trump frenzy. 

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

How's that been working for us so far?

As good as it would have if we didn't celebrate/freak out about  his every utterance.

Bizarre how any sort of nuance about an approach to dealing with Trump's media exposure riles you up.  I think that kind of makes the point.

Sorry he's not on twitter where you could follow him more closely.

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yes, you are correct.  The opinion mentions the district court entertaining a stay/injunction pending appeal.

Amateur hour.  It looks like trump finally filed the motion for the stay before the district court.  Stupid that they didn't have it ready to go last night so it could be filed immediately after the judge issued her decision.  Now they have to wait for another ruling from her, and I think courts are closed tomorrow.    trump's lawyers are running out the clock until the documents are released Friday themselves.

Although, again, I'll believe he faces consequences for anything when I actually see it happen.  Which will be never.

1 minute ago, tantric superman said:

Eh, fuck it.  I guess I just should have worded it this way:

Trump - don't needlessly feed that fucking troll unless you fucking have to.

You're yelling at clouds.

This is a burning pile of tires that feeds itself and will not end until everything is burned.  Not even a biblical flood will put it out.  Maybe his death will but then Q/Proud Boys/etc would pick another messiah who is more charming but just as toxic.

The blight of self-absorbed, entitled and ignorant masses has been unleashed and is not going away.  COVID may be our only hope.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Amateur hour.  It looks like trump finally filed the motion for the stay before the district court.  Stupid that they didn't have it ready to go last night so it could be filed immediately after the judge issued her decision.  Now they have to wait for another ruling from her, and I think courts are closed tomorrow.    trump's lawyers are running out the clock until the documents are released Friday themselves.

Although, again, I'll believe he faces consequences for anything when I actually see it happen.  Which will be never.

What if Trump's lawyers didn't have the motion ready to go on purpose?  

John Wayne Bobbitt, famous lying dumb ass, women raper and abuser, is a huge Trump fan. I watched the 4 part Lorena documentary last night.

He fits right in that sweet spot of deplorable, stupid, and locked in a world where his failure is not due to his own decisions, but the browns and women ruining his life of Trump fandom. MAGA!

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It may have been intentional, because none of this makes sense, but they had the motion ready to go.  Hell, they filed it prematurely before the decision, and it was denied already because of the incorrect filing.  So they (1) made the judge rule on a premature motion taking precious hours away in an "emergent" application in which they needed a decision from her ASAP and (2) Delayed the subsequent filings by at least 12 hours.  Meanwhile, tomorrow's a federal holiday so at best they're ticking off some circuit court judges and clerks who are going to be pulled in to work on the "emergent" filings trump's lawyers spent days fucking around on.

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

To clarify,

Order things should have been done in:

1.  1/6 committee requests documents from National Archives by 11/12 at 6 pm 

2.  Trump files suit asserting executive privilege

3.  Judge issues ruling, denying trump's assertions

4.  Trump files motion before trial court to stay its decision pending an appeal

5.  After stay is denied, file appeal of decision on the merits and appeal the denial of a stay pending appeal

6.  Circuit court order on whether a stay is granted, and if not, then the documents will likely be released on 11/12 before the Circuit Court ever gets to a decision on the merits.  If a stay is granted, then the National Archives can't release the documents until the appellate court decision on the executive privilege suit.

Order things were done in:

1.  1/6 committee requests documents by 11/12

2.  Trump files suit

3.  Trump files motion before trial court seeking a stay of its decision, but the trial court hasn't issued its ruling yet.  The trial court thus denies this nonsense motion.  But it's not an actual decision on the merits, it's just an order saying basically why the fuck are you seeking a stay of an imaginary order that hasn't been entered yet.

4.  Judge issues ruling.

5.  Trump files appeal, including seeking a stay of the trial court ruling, but there was never a decision from the trial court on the stay issue, other than the one that was denied because it was filed before a decision was rendered.  So there's no order to appeal from regarding the stay, and the appellate court can only hear issues that were litigated below.  So while there's an appeal pending before the Circuit Court, it's highly unlikely they will decide the issues before Friday, and trump hasn't properly sought to stay the trial court decision such that the National Archives won't just release the documents on Friday anyway, mooting the entire lawsuit.

6.  Trump seeks a stay from the trial court of its decision.

If nothing else, trump's legal team must be pissing off the law clerks.

• Like 2

As good as it would have if we didn't celebrate/freak out about  his every utterance.

Bizarre how any sort of nuance about an approach to dealing with Trump's media exposure riles you up.  I think that kind of makes the point.

Sorry he's not on twitter where you could follow him more closely.

I have no idea what you are trying to get at with this post other than snapping both hamstrings jumping to wrong conclusions. 

12 hours ago, tantric superman said:

We don't have to obsess about him.  Those 95% want you to obsess about loser Trump.  They get their power from it.  You let the law deal with Trump and don't trumpet his every move,they lose power, because without you and the press focusing on Trump, they got nothing to hold on to except their stupid ideas.  The lose their figurehead, they've got nothing. 

Trump is 25% Republican obsession, and 75% media and liberal obsession.

Sure, no issues with following up on his prosecution.  But tell your wife about it.  Don't tweet it and don't add to the circus.  And limit it to this thread. 

I agree about the media going for the clicks when it comes to Trump.  The Build Back Better Bill got passed, and instead of stories on all the positives in it, we see stories on GOP being assholes, be it Trump, or his supporters.   The best revenge is to live well.  This bill can begin that process.  The media is still in the stage of trashing the spiteful ex.   

"The President is not a king.  The Plaintiff is not the President."

Edited by pyrohornIII

It may have been intentional, because none of this makes sense, but they had the motion ready to go.  Hell, they filed it prematurely before the decision, and it was denied already because of the incorrect filing.  So they (1) made the judge rule on a premature motion taking precious hours away in an "emergent" application in which they needed a decision from her ASAP and (2) Delayed the subsequent filings by at least 12 hours.  Meanwhile, tomorrow's a federal holiday so at best they're ticking off some circuit court judges and clerks who are going to be pulled in to work on the "emergent" filings trump's lawyers spent days fucking around on.

More fuck ups, more billable hours unfucking…

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

To clarify,

Order things should have been done in:

1.  1/6 committee requests documents from National Archives by 11/12 at 6 pm 

2.  Trump files suit asserting executive privilege

3.  Judge issues ruling, denying trump's assertions

4.  Trump files motion before trial court to stay its decision pending an appeal

5.  After stay is denied, file appeal of decision on the merits and appeal the denial of a stay pending appeal

6.  Circuit court order on whether a stay is granted, and if not, then the documents will likely be released on 11/12 before the Circuit Court ever gets to a decision on the merits.  If a stay is granted, then the National Archives can't release the documents until the appellate court decision on the executive privilege suit.

Order things were done in:

1.  1/6 committee requests documents by 11/12

2.  Trump files suit

3.  Trump files motion before trial court seeking a stay of its decision, but the trial court hasn't issued its ruling yet.  The trial court thus denies this nonsense motion.  But it's not an actual decision on the merits, it's just an order saying basically why the fuck are you seeking a stay of an imaginary order that hasn't been entered yet.

4.  Judge issues ruling.

5.  Trump files appeal, including seeking a stay of the trial court ruling, but there was never a decision from the trial court on the stay issue, other than the one that was denied because it was filed before a decision was rendered.  So there's no order to appeal from regarding the stay, and the appellate court can only hear issues that were litigated below.  So while there's an appeal pending before the Circuit Court, it's highly unlikely they will decide the issues before Friday, and trump hasn't properly sought to stay the trial court decision such that the National Archives won't just release the documents on Friday anyway, mooting the entire lawsuit.

6.  Trump seeks a stay from the trial court of its decision.

If nothing else, trump's legal team must be pissing off the law clerks.

So they are tilting windmills of their own making.

Instead of addressing the the thing they want to stop they address something imaginary/has not happened yet and when something does happen they are still addressing the imaginary pre-mature ejaculate filing that is irrelevant instead of the actual decision?

You think obsession is going to hurt Trump?  Boy, do I have some bad news for you.

I don't think you're carrying this point, tantric. 

If Trump were an ordinary politician, you would be correct about letting him sink to obscurity like Nixon. Trump is not that. He's the icon of an insurrection pointing the country (perhaps inevitably) towards authoritarianism at best.

Your distinction between paying attention and obsessing is, I think, inapt.

A bear trails you to your house and almost makes in the front door before you can close and lock it. It's a giant bear that sniffs at your windows, growls at your door, and ocassionally leans into the door.

It's not obsessing if you can't just ignore it and watch TV.

8 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Instead of addressing the the thing they want to stop they address something imaginary/has not happened yet and when something does happen they are still addressing the imaginary pre-mature ejaculate filing that is irrelevant instead of the actual decision?

Well....

17 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

More fuck ups, more billable hours unfucking…

And it's doubtful Trump has a clue about what they are doing.

26 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

A bear trails you to your house and almost makes in the front door before you can close and lock it. It's a giant bear that sniffs at your windows, growls at your door, and ocassionally leans into the door.

It's not obsessing if you can't just ignore it and watch TV.

The obsessive following of Trump's actions would be similar to throwing out  fresh food out in the front lawn, such that he gets more attention from the family who you would think would want to keep him away.

Don't feed the bear.

Edited by tantric superman

discussing the judge's ruling last night on cnn, scott jennings mused over the precedent of a sitting president using his executive privilege to overrule the requests of former ones.  basically stating (threatening?) that if biden does this, then perhaps in a few years, if there's a republican president, he'll use his executive privilege to get into some biden shit.

lolololol.

as if the republicans aren't going to do that shit always and forever until the fucking dinosaurs come back.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

discussing the judge's ruling last night on cnn, scott jennings mused over the precedent of a sitting president using his executive privilege to overrule the requests of former ones.  basically stating (threatening?) that if biden does this, then perhaps in a few years, if there's a republican president, he'll use his executive privilege to get into some biden shit.

lolololol.

as if the republicans aren't going to do that shit always and forever until the fucking dinosaurs come back.

Whatever happened to Trump threatening to look at Hillary's Secretary of State stuff and lock her up or something.

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

The obsessive following of Trump's actions would be similar to throwing out  fresh food out in the front lawn, such that he gets more attention from the family who you would think would want to keep him away.

Don't feed the bear.

While I don’t disagree with your point you’re tilting at windmills here. Or at least that’s a fairly close analogy.

Telling people to stop posting about something on the net is basically telling them to post more about something on the net. It’s a paradox. 

Filed under "Do Something!!!"

"I was well familiar with what a narcissistic, ridiculous, tacky, vulgar, arriviste this guy was," she told Sullivan. "That I knew about. The one thing I underestimated, in fact, did not see at all is, I had no idea how abjectly stupid the man is.” - Ann Coulter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Telling people to stop posting about something on the net is basically telling them to post more about something on the net. It’s a paradox. 

It's only a paradox if my point is that people are going to spend the same amount of time on the web posting about anything.

It's not a paradox if we post less repetitive or irrelevant drivel about Trump and more about issues in a winnable congressional, state or local race or about people who actually hold office or a judgeship.  Or if immamac brings back NSFW.

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

"I was well familiar with what a narcissistic, ridiculous, tacky, vulgar, arriviste this guy was," she told Sullivan. "That I knew about. The one thing I underestimated, in fact, did not see at all is, I had no idea how abjectly stupid the man is.” - Ann Coulter

well got damn, Ann Coulter taught me new word today.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement